I'm gonna try Eli Porter

EDIT:

mang.jpg

:lol:

That website is kind of racist:

Unsuccessfully trying to figure out which Heroes actor I'm thinking of:
"Does your character have slanted eyes?"

Wow.

So far he's correctly guessed John Locke, The Comedian and Hulk Hogan.

I tried to get him to guess The Zodiac Killer, but he guessed Ed Gein. #-o

Edit: He got it during the second try.

Oh, shit. He got Artie, the Strongest Man in the World.

I am so glad that The Office (BBC) is on netflix. The first three episodes were slow, but man it picked up like crazy after that.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I have basically just been sketching out a rough draft tonight. One of my professors wanted me to e-mail it to her before she wrote my recommendation.

Did you write a different letter for all the places that you applied? I got four schools I am going to apply two, one of which I attended in the past (but did not graduate from) and another that I met with the dude who does admissions. I am going to add something different to all of them, but my plan was to have that more as an addendum.

And Lordwow I am applying for a masters in history program.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I haven't been on since yesterday. I wrote a different statement of purpose to each grad school, but at least for me, each grad school had a different focus or area of specialty, so I focused it more towards that. For example in my field, some programs are very counseling-focused and others view college students as customers so its more business.

I would spend less time discussing things you think you could improve on and more stuff you're great at and what you're interested in, specifically in the field. I view a statement of purpose just like a cover letter for a job.

[quote name='Rocko']Beat Bayonetta.[/QUOTE]

Send it to me.

Also: The akinator couldn't guess Myla Goldberg. This is the first time I've ever stumped it, though.

so damn cold. it's currently 12 out going down to negative digits tonight with insane wind. it feels like the cold wind is blowing right through my mother's condo :(

Akinator couldn't get Cary Elwes. I did it twice, because I thought maybe I fucked it up the first time, but both times it failed.

[quote name='lordwow']The only good part of the new Wall Street trailer was the cell phone gag. That movie will probably bomb.[/QUOTE]

When has making a sequel twenty years after the original ever worked out well? See also: Indiana Jones, Star Wars... wait, maybe it's just a George Lucas thing.

Edit: After watching the trailer, I notice Carey Mulligan is in it. After seeing An Education, I must admit to having a bit of a thing for her.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum for $9.xx at Sam's Club...and I scored one :whee:[/QUOTE]
Grab me one, would ya?

[quote name='lordwow']Hey, I haven't been on since yesterday. I wrote a different statement of purpose to each grad school, but at least for me, each grad school had a different focus or area of specialty, so I focused it more towards that. For example in my field, some programs are very counseling-focused and others view college students as customers so its more business.

I would spend less time discussing things you think you could improve on and more stuff you're great at and what you're interested in, specifically in the field. I view a statement of purpose just like a cover letter for a job.[/QUOTE]

Most of the programs I have looked at have been quite similar. There are some deviations, but many of them have similar requirements ( the biggest deviation being how the thesis is approached). Most of the stuff I have been working on has been on my desire to return to school, the specific features of the MA program (fewer survey classes, focusing in depth on a foreign language, the communal aspect of the classroom), and why I would be a good fit. It just seems kind of hard to tailor a whole letter to a specific school when so many of them tend to have similar requirements.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum for $9.xx at Sam's Club...and I scored one :whee:[/QUOTE]

no :ps3:? :(
I'd be so pissed if we let our membership lapse and then they pulled out a deal like this. :(

[quote name='Bioshocked360']It got Dignan.[/QUOTE]

"Does he wear tape on his nose? Is he the leader of his own gang?"

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'm pretty sure I just saw GizmoPrime. :drool: :drooooooooooooooool:[/QUOTE]

Nice :drool:

I've seen Yes Man three times now cause of Zooey Deschanel. I'm in loooooooooovvveee. In love and in need of some fucking sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back