The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

How rare is the Nintendo DS Browser? I know it's discontinued, but is it really that hard to come by? Worth hanging on to?

[quote name='ets']Instead of me keep asking if "this is rare", is there a list of rare gamecube games?[/quote]
i dunno where to start. the only really "rare" u.s. gamecube game that I know of is ikaruga (maybe debatable?). pikmin isnt considered as rare since both did went into players choice which means they sold a ton of copies for both. sought after is what we should be listing instead of rare.

heres my list of top 10 sought after gamecube games (this actually took awhile to list):

1. Resident Evil 4: Gamestop Limited Edition -
shooting up in price for sealed copies.. RE5 anyone? maybe thats what it is.. but it IS the superior version until Wii version came out, which brought the price down for the LE copy, i suggest anyone who has a copy (sealed or used) of it to hold on until a release date for RE5 is announced. i mean from $60+ (sealed) from several months ago to $130+ now, thats a huge spike. used copies is getting expensive as well.
2. dance dance revolution: mario mix
i dont think anyone really took ddr mario seriously when it came out, thats why it went out of print (then in print again for a short while) and thats when the price shooted up. then after this past holiday the price went down. probably the perfect time to buy it complete with the box + mat for less than $60.
3. ikaruga
i dont think this needs explanation.. but it does cost $10-$20 less than what it used to be, but still rare/sought after
4. pikmin 1 & 2
yeah, pikmin 1 & 2 :) yawn, its going down too...
5. beyond good and evil
at the moment, if people are paying $45 for a used copy, then it should be considered as sought after
6. fire emblem
$40 for a used copy, i think thats more than it used to be 1 1/2 ago when i first got my copy.
7. phantasy star I & II (regular & plus editions)
i think these games are one of the first on the 'cube to actually climb up in price.. specially the regular editions since it was the first to offer to play pirated games when a modchip wasnt around for the GC.
8. metal gear solid: twin snakes
sold alot of copies (it went into player choice) but with recent interest with pretty much everything MGS, the price went up for used and sealed copies. maybe it'll go down again in a few months.
9. mario tennis
this actually went up a year after the wii came out. it was expensive already at GS at $44 used. its still sought after at $30-$35 for a used copy.
10. eternal darkness
not nearly as much as it should be, but it is getting to be tough to find a copy cheap (i think GS had it $17.99 used). $25-$30 on ebay atm. upto $70 for a sealed copy.

The rarest Gamecube game without a doubt is the US version of Pokemon Box. Not sure how many copies of it are out there, but I sold it when it was at one of its higher peaks for $210. Only paid $27 for it or something brand new, preordered way back when.

Electroplankton's US version has gotten rare too, its ebay price I think is over $50 now for a used copy... and I have a barely played copy sitting on my shelf.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']
Electroplankton's US version has gotten rare too, its ebay price I think is over $50 now for a used copy... and I have a barely played copy sitting on my shelf.[/quote]
i saw a sealed one sold for $90. i feel bad i didnt buy a copy.. i did try the japanese version and i wasn't really that interested. plus the silly things that nintendo did to promote it (like that so-called world class DJ playing along with it, BS).

as for the pokemon box, i wasnt that interested in it when it came out though i wish i should have preordered it at least. itll probably go up again one day.

[quote name='phear3d']
1. Resident Evil 4: Gamestop Limited Edition
2. dance dance revolution: mario mix
3. ikaruga4. pikmin 1 & 25. beyond good and evil6. fire emblem7. phantasy star I & II (regular & plus editions)8. metal gear solid: twin snakes9. mario tennis10. eternal darkness.[/quote]

Thx for taking the time to make the list. I will say I'm sort of surprised because I've seen all the games except for RE4:LE, and Pikmin 2 at my local gamestop. I just won't pay more then 10 on a used game. Hopefully I can snag eternal darkness+skies of arcadia in the next B2G1.

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']
Pokemon Box
Electroplankton.[/quote]

I'm surprised to see pokemon box on top, I remember watching my friend play the game. I usally see pokemon games and look away because i just assumed their not worth anything. Is electroplankton for gamecube?

[quote name='ets']
I'm surprised to see pokemon box on top, I remember watching my friend play the game. I usally see pokemon games and look away because i just assumed their not worth anything. Is electroplankton for gamecube?[/QUOTE]
Electroplankton is for DS. It's not really even a game, per se. It's pretty much a music machine for the DS using little ameoba like things.

[quote name='ets']
I'm surprised to see pokemon box on top, I remember watching my friend play the game. I usally see pokemon games and look away because i just assumed their not worth anything.[/quote]
i think thats what it is.. i normally do the same thing for pokemon games. they sell tons of each game and its generally aimed towards kids. kid grows up, who cares about pokemon anymore.. the rarest i would say out of all the pokemon games would be Pokemon Green (not sure how many they sold) since it never made it in the states. beware though, there are bootlegs out there like this one. and the limited edition GBA & NDS Pokemon Center systems.

The original Pokemon Green isn't rare at all. Play-Asia had brand new copies of it up for $15 a year or two ago (where I got one), and I have a practically un-used copy sitting in my room. It might be rare in some areas, but it's not impossible to find by any means, and isn't worth that much either.

[quote name='ets']Instead of me keep asking if "this is rare", is there a list of rare gamecube games?[/quote]

I think you got some pretty good lists of rare games from other users, but they are missing a few titles.

NCAA College Basketball 2K3 - one of the most rare games. Sells for about $80 too.
Bust-A-Move 3000 - I have only seen 2 of these in the 6 years I have been selling Gamecube games. Relatively expensive too.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Sealed copy of Advance Wars Duel Strike for DS
Sealed copy of Super Mario Strikers for Gamecube

How much are these worth?[/quote]

How bout we click on www.ebay.com

click advanced search

check completed listings

and then type in your game.

This goes for most of the posts on here, but not the last one because that is something you don't see everyday.

Advance Wars DS NEW: 1 sold on May 25th for $49.99

Ninja Gaiden cartridge only: Not worth anything, unless you consider 2 + shipping a good amount

Here's one that I got today, not even if it is even a game. I cant find anything for it on ebay. The game(?) is

Super Models go Wild! for the 3DO

Its rated AO (Adults Only). Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I know its probably rare, but is it worth anything?

I was embarassed buying it, but I have never seen a AO game so I thought whatever. Thanks for any feedback if anyone can dig up some info.

[quote name='Otherguy676']Here's one that I got today, not even if it is even a game. I cant find anything for it on ebay. The game(?) is

Super Models go Wild! for the 3DO

Its rated AO (Adults Only). Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I know its probably rare, but is it worth anything?

I was embarassed buying it, but I have never seen a AO game so I thought whatever. Thanks for any feedback if anyone can dig up some info.[/quote]

Digital Press has it as a scarcity of 3 worth $15. I have seen quite a few things though where the dollar value is off.

Probably some have sold on ebay, but you'd have to look in the adult section stuff since it is AO. That's my guess at least.

Thanks, I looked in digitpress and didn't find it. Prob misspelled it and didn't realize it. A scarcity of 3 is a lot lower than I thought it would be, but I ballparked $15-$30 as the value. I was expecting the scarcity to be at least 5-6. I found Pieces for SNES and it has a scarcity of 7 this week also.

two more items, I know they are rare, but around what price will people at CAG be willing to pay for it?
(both in used, but complete condition)
1. Gray Wavebird
2. Zelda Collector's edition

Not a game, but could use some help. Girlfriend's sister's boyfriend is a manager at Best Buy and received a Civilization Revolution faceplate at a conference in California. Everyone in my family knows how much of a civ geek I am so it was passed on to me.

Tried to do some searching on ebay but couldn't find any auctions.

Not really looking to sell since I'm sure it'll never leave my 360, but just curious as to its value.

ough[quote name='davyd']
Not really looking to sell since I'm sure it'll never leave my 360, but just curious as to its value.[/quote]
its tough to say unless someone else sells theirs. i dont believe theres alot of them out there. if there are, nobody really cares to sell them. just keep watching ebay and gamesniped.com

the bioshock faceplate was probably the most expensive one for the 360. it was a promo as well.

[quote name='Switchblade232']two more items, I know they are rare, but around what price will people at CAG be willing to pay for it?
1. Gray Wavebird
2. Zelda Collector's edition[/quote]

I Know the Zelda CE is going for around $35- $40 at EB/GS in my area. Trade in Value at those places is around $22-$25 i think. So i would guess between $20-$30 on here depending on how bad someone wants it.

[quote name='Switchblade232']two more items, I know they are rare, but around what price will people at CAG be willing to pay for it?
1. Gray Wavebird
2. Zelda Collector's edition[/quote]

Wavebird is about $30 - source vgpc
Zelda Collector's Edition is about $34 - source vgpc

I have seen Zelda go for $45-50 if it is complete and in great condition. The $34 is the average price.

[quote name='Vinny']It seems that PS2 games generally go for more than Xbox games when it comes to rarer stuff... not sure why though. It could be because Obscure 2 is on the PS2 but not on the Xbox.

Where'd you get it for $11.99 for? GameCrazy?[/quote]

Obscure was fetching more on PS2 even before the sequel was announced.

This isn't rare but I think its weird...just got a sealed copy of Perfect Dark for n64 for 6 dollars shipped. I then checked ebay, and its flooded with them. Why is perfect dark like the only n64 game that is extremely common sealed (no its not greatest hits or anything).

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']This isn't rare but I think its weird...just got a sealed copy of Perfect Dark for n64 for 6 dollars shipped. I then checked ebay, and its flooded with them. Why is perfect dark like the only n64 game that is extremely common sealed (no its not greatest hits or anything).[/quote]

I think there is a Mega Man that is really really common like that also.

About 2-3 yrs ago I was at a Toys R US and out of nowhere there is a Table with about 30 Legend of Zelda Majora's Masks just sitting there. Obviously all brand new. And they were asking $15 for each one. Not sure where they came from since it was 2005.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']This isn't rare but I think its weird...just got a sealed copy of Perfect Dark for n64 for 6 dollars shipped. I then checked ebay, and its flooded with them. Why is perfect dark like the only n64 game that is extremely common sealed (no its not greatest hits or anything).[/QUOTE]

Because they made a ton of copies of that games, thinking it would sell just as well as Goldeneye did. But it didn't so...

I remember when Toys R Us was having a 90% off clearance a few years ago, all 3 stores I went to had 15 to 20 copies (maybe more) of Perfect Dark for $1 each. I checked eBay and they weren't selling for more that $5 or $6 back then. I always wondered if someone actually bought them to try and resell, or if TRU just threw them out.

[quote name='Skoalboy']How about "Toejam & Earl" for the Xbox?[/quote]

It's certainly more uncommon than most Xbox games but is not worth that much. I see them B&M from time to time for about ten bucks. The game itself is kinda crappy and it sold shitty so they stopped printing those pretty fast.

[quote name='Jack']I remember when Toys R Us was having a 90% off clearance a few years ago, all 3 stores I went to had 15 to 20 copies (maybe more) of Perfect Dark for $1 each. I checked eBay and they weren't selling for more that $5 or $6 back then. I always wondered if someone actually bought them to try and resell, or if TRU just threw them out.[/QUOTE]

I remember when Perfect Dark got pennied out at TRU. It seemed as if some CAGs still didn't try buying them if their store still had a bunch and figured they were better just being throw out almost like a Madden guide that was gonna get junked :D Made me sad as my store was probably the only store in the country that didn't have it when it was dirt cheap and I would have loved to have gotten a sealed copy for a buck since I liked Perfect Dark, at least single player since the multiplayer was ruined when too many characters were on the screen.

[quote name='yukafls']Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Didn't mean to be a douche or anything... just saying, it only takes a few seconds for either method.:lol:

Anyway, Tetris DS is out of print and gained a lot of popularity for some reason or another... it's worth about $30 for a used copy at the least and goes as high as $40 on eBay.

[quote name='Vinny']Didn't mean to be a douche or anything... just saying, it only takes a few seconds for either method.:lol: [/quote]

It would be nice if there was a way to give people instructions on how to look up the prices on ebay or vgpc before they posted.

Back to the Perfect Dark discussion. Was it just Toys R Us that bought tons of those? I don't remember other retailers have so many copies and selling them for next to nothing. The TRU near me had them for about 2 years after the N64 was even available.

[quote name='jjgames']It would be nice if there was a way to give people instructions on how to look up the prices on ebay or vgpc before they posted.

Back to the Perfect Dark discussion. Was it just Toys R Us that bought tons of those? I don't remember other retailers have so many copies and selling them for next to nothing. The TRU near me had them for about 2 years after the N64 was even available.[/quote]

There was a store that used to be near me, Media Play (part of the Sam Goody, Suncoast company), that also had tons of cheap new copies for years after the 64 was dead. I think it was pretty much an all-around thing.

[quote name='Zache']Is Front Mission 3 rare? Found it with Xenogears and Bushido blade for 20 bucks.[/quote]
FM3 isnt rare. probably from $15 to $30 on ebay. Xenogears though, is around $40-$60 for a complete copy. i recently got it from goozex for 450 points, it jumped to 850 points recently.

[quote name='phear3d']FM3 isnt rare. probably from $15 to $30 on ebay. Xenogears though, is around $40-$60 for a complete copy. i recently got it from goozex for 450 points, it jumped to 850 points recently.[/quote]
Alright, thanks.

How about these:

Art of Final Fantasy IX
Xenosaga DVD (preorder disc with all cutscenes from the first game)
8-bit Simon Belmont figure SEALED (Dracula X Chronicles preorder)
Mega Man X digital clock with suction cup feet (Mega Man X7 preorder I think)
Final Fantasy IX Vivi Plush (free when registering to play online back in the day)
Monkey Ball Aiai Plush (Super Monkey Ball Adventure preorder)
Doom III Hell Knight Pweter figurine (Doom III preorder)

I saw the Art of Final Fantasy IX on ebay, but I wasn't entirely sure how rare it actually is. They rest I have no idea, value-wise.

bread's done
Back