The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

Actually, it sold fairly fast backed when it was released due to its low print run. That really is the only reason it demands a high price.

[quote name='OmegaSora']How rare is The Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Promotional Disc with 4 Zelda games on it for the gamecube?[/QUOTE]

Not especially rare, but it reaches high prices, mainly because people are willing to pay it. The five GameStops near me have at least three copies each for $30. I can't justify paying that much for four buggy versions of games I already have.

How much would a new copy of Wario Land 4 go for?
On amazon I see listings for a new copy starting from $72, but for I all know those could've been sitting there for a while...

Oh and I also have SMB3 for the GBA sealed that I've held on to.

WarioLand 4 New doesn't have any recent completed auctions for a sealed copy so you may get a nice price on that. If it's SMA4: SMB3, around ~$12 new

How much is Final Fantasy 7 worth?

Now that I have your attention... how much is my factory sealed PANIC! for Sega CD worth?

[quote name='eastshore4']How much is Final Fantasy 7 worth?

Now that I have your attention... how much is my factory sealed PANIC! for Sega CD worth?[/QUOTE]

FF7 - Worthless compared to three months ago (around $30 for a Black Label... even sealed copies are only going for $80.00)

PANIC! is only worth about $20.00

I looked these up on ebay and they don't seem rare price wise, but I'm wondering more about production numbers.
Quatro Sports, Ultimate Stuntman, and Adventures of Dizzy.
They are all gold carts made by Camerica. (I think)
What would be a good price to pick these up at? I found them at a flea market on the way out and didn't get prices cause the wife was in a hurry.

If anything I'll at least have them for my collection. The ended prices are so cheap.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']I looked these up on ebay and they don't seem rare price wise, but I'm wondering more about production numbers.
Quatro Sports, Ultimate Stuntman, and Adventures of Dizzy.
They are all gold carts made by Camerica. (I think)
What would be a good price to pick these up at? I found them at a flea market on the way out and didn't get prices cause the wife was in a hurry.

If anything I'll at least have them for my collection. The ended prices are so cheap.[/QUOTE]

I think they are actually fairly common, there's only a few Camerica games that are worth a decent amount.

Does anyone know any good sites to find out production numbers?
I was wondering about the Blazblue LE on PS3. I hear they have the same number in production for PS3 and 360 but the PS3 one is sold out everywhere and going up in price. Should I grab myself a copy sooner then later? or will the price start going down?

Does anyone know the reason for the drops in price for games like Darkstalkers 3 & Marvel Super Heroes on PS1? They both used to command $40-$60 on ebay for complete copies and now they've dropped to the $20-$30 range. It can't all be just because of MVC2 on the download services can it?

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Does anyone know any good sites to find out production numbers?
I was wondering about the Blazblue LE on PS3. I hear they have the same number in production for PS3 and 360 but the PS3 one is sold out everywhere and going up in price. Should I grab myself a copy sooner then later? or will the price start going down?[/QUOTE]
whats weird is that ebay has 2 skus for both 360 and Ps3. i have not opened my copy of blazblue for the 360 yet, so i cant tell you if the upc number in the box differs from the upc from the insert. it could be that they plan on re-releasing it soon as game-only. right now the 360 is still available on amazon. the ps3 version is oos which seems to be the choice for collectors. i would buy one just in case.

[quote name='SL4IN']Does anyone know the reason for the drops in price for games like Darkstalkers 3 & Marvel Super Heroes on PS1? They both used to command $40-$60 on ebay for complete copies and now they've dropped to the $20-$30 range. It can't all be just because of MVC2 on the download services can it?[/QUOTE]
the marvel super heroes (i am assuming this isnt the MSH VS SF) game is weird because sometimes it ends less. i mean thats with all games on ebay at the right time, youll get them cheaper. but i dont think the newer street fighter fans dont realize that the game uses the street fighter engine and is actually one of the backbones of the Capcom VS series. Heck even the main reason why MvC existed.

but as far as street fighter games or any other capcom fighting games on the ps1 is concerned, they dont really have much value. even when SF4 came out, some of them really didnt see any bumps at all.

[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Does anyone know any good sites to find out production numbers?
I was wondering about the Blazblue LE on PS3. I hear they have the same number in production for PS3 and 360 but the PS3 one is sold out everywhere and going up in price. Should I grab myself a copy sooner then later? or will the price start going down?[/QUOTE]

They really don't provide production numbers for most games except every now and then, they'll say that production is limited to 5000 copies or something for a special edition.

Hi,

I've searched completed listings on ebay, but don't see any so I can't gauge if PAL Playstation Magical Drop 3 Special Edition(comes with Magical Drop Plus 1) is rare. Have it sealed here, so hesitating on tearing the wrapper...

The prices seem to be stabilizing just above retail. When me and the Wife go to Best Buy to buy a fridge and a tv I'm gonna slip the copy in. Hopefully she won't notice.

Edit: That's make it sound like I'm trying to steal it. I figure we're dropping so much on those to large items, what will another $50 hurt?

[quote name='phoenix529']1. Gradius - NES

2. Life Force - NES

3. Gradius III - SNES

4. Gradius III & IV - PS2

5. Gradius V - PS2

Any help?[/QUOTE]
unless they're sealed, the gradius games dont have very much value. they do once a newer gradius games are announced or are coming out soon but even so thats probably a $10-$20 bump. Gradius III & IV is one of the launch titles in north america so finding that sealed is slim but should be worth at least $100.

the rest of on the list go to rarityguide.com

I asked this before, but I don't think anyone knew at the time. It seems like PC titles don't hold the same 'value' as console titles, but....

3 original sealed games....

Gold Box AD&D Games "Champions of Krynn" and "Gateway to the Savage Frontier". Both are 5 1/4 floppy IBM PC versions

Civilization I - 3 1/2 Floppies - IBM PC Version (640K Required to play :D)

any ideas at what I might be looking at for these and where the best place to off load them might be. Not sure if I will sell them, but since I have been unemployed for a while now and I want to keep buying PS3/360/Wii games.....

Thanks for any help :applause:

DDD-

[quote name='phoenix529']Just picked up a mint RE4 red special edition GameStop CIB tin for $15. "Is this game rare?"[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's fairly rare and sought after.

question. a few months ago I bought a sealed copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 at Game Crazy. It was $35, and at the time was selling for around $100-120 on amazon.
Now, with the reprint, prices on it have dropped dramatically.

I still have DDS1 Deluxe that I got, so I know that one is more rare. But my question is, is there anyway to distinguish between an original print and re-release of DDS2? Or did I miss my window to sell this already?

Thinking about listing my "rarities of Resident Evil" lot..

RE2 N64 new/sealed
RE4 PS2 Premium Edition, RE4 Cube Tin Gamestop Exclusive
RE2 Gamecube, RE3 Gamecube, RE: CV Gamecube
RE: CV PS2, RE Outbreak, RE Outbreak #2
RE Chainsaw controller.. both the yellow Gamecube and red PS2 versions
Promo chainsaw guy burlap sack mask
RE4 Gamecube demo new/sealed (which is VERY rare.. open ones recently went for $2 or $3, but I've seen open ones hit as high as $20.. no clue on new/sealed ones. Amazon still sells new ones for $50).

I wonder how much it'd fetch. Everything is mind/complete.

Hey I've got a nice RE set myself! Nice to see a fellow RE collector. Mine aren't sealed or anything special though...

I've got

Gamecube
RE Zero
REmake
RE 3
RE 4 (normal)
RE 4 (red GameStop Tin)
RE CVX

PS1
RE 2 (not DualShock, black label, "Win a part in the movie!"?)

Dreamcast
RE CV

PS2
RE 4
RE Outbreak
RE Outbreak 2

PS3
RE 5 (Collector's Edition: Steelbook, Chris figure, etc.)

I need to play these again.

Edit: Oh wait!

Wii
RE 4 (Sealed)

scorch unfortunately you miss the boat on all things RE. right now things have calm down a little.

- code veronica x was selling for at least $70 before but now youll be lucky to get $50.
- re4 premium sealed is sought after and fetches a good amount ($174 at the highest) but used probably around $30-$40. used to sell for at least $50. its more desirable if it had the art cell that comes with it originally. the other PS2 RE have no value at all since its available from the RE Essential collection.
- the n64 RE2 is ok, it did get a $20 bump so around $40-$50 at the most.. understand though that the market is flooded with these every week. maybe not as much but when theres 2 or 3 floating around the value drops.
- the RE4 demo IS rare but not sought after. there was a lucky auction that ended at $50.. maybe someone wanted to pay that much for it. but other than that, its around $10-$20.

the chainsaw goes up and down. when RE5 came out it did sell for at least $50. shipping this thing is a bitch so that probably affected the value a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@phoenix529

Oh, that wasn't my entire RE collection. This is:

PS1
RE: DC (sadly not the longbox)
RE2
RE2 Dual Shock
RE3
I may have a copy of RE Survivor floating around here somewhere

Cube
RE
RE: Zero
RE2
RE3
RE: CV
RE4 (tin)

Dreamcast
RE2
RE3
RE:CV

PC
RE2

PS2
RE: Outbreak
RE: Outbreak 2
RE: CV x2 (one is the anniversary edition, one is not)
RE4 PE

N64
RE2

I think that's all, outside of a few figures and whatnot. I love me some RE, but there's really NO point in owning the same games across multiple platforms, especially when some versions are rare.

@phear

RE4 PE still has the cel. I'm okay with $50 for RE CV.. I paid $15 each for RE2, RE3 and RE:CV on Cube.

Wow. You beat me by 7 games.

Oh, guys, I've got another rare question.

1. Zelda Collector's Disc (the 4 games)

2. OoT/Master Quest (the red case one)

3. The Wind Waker/Master Quest combo bundle (one case, Wind Waker art with the lower portion of the case having the Master Quest case's art.)

Silver case is more rare than the red. The silver one holds its value around $30.. Master Quest is around 20.

No idea on #3. I'm sure it's fairly rare, I don't recall seeing it in the past three or four years. Rare doesn't always = valuable, but I would hang on to it.

[quote name='phoenix529']
3. The Wind Waker/Master Quest combo bundle (one case, Wind Waker art with the lower portion of the case having the Master Quest case's art.)[/QUOTE]
someone listed it awhile ago and got $70 for it. its very rare.. not very many gets listed on ebay. i purchased one from game crazy for $11 :applause:

there was a sealed copy that ended around that price also. the problem with this version is that not alot of people know about it. its a great bundle imo and i think it will fetch for a decent amount one day (whenever that may be).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Panzer Dragoon Orta on the Xbox, with manual and original case. I got it for 2.50 at my GameCrazy.[/QUOTE]

'bout ten bucks, your better off playing it. I just got a copy in a trade and haven't popped it in yet, from what I hear i missed out.

I take it no one has any advice on the below :cry:

[quote name='drduranduran']I asked this before, but I don't think anyone knew at the time. It seems like PC titles don't hold the same 'value' as console titles, but....

Gold Box AD&D Games "Champions of Krynn" and "Gateway to the Savage Frontier". Both are 5 1/4 floppy IBM PC versions

any ideas at what I might be looking at for these and where the best place to off load them might be. Not sure if I will sell them, but since I have been unemployed for a while now and I want to keep buying PS3/360/Wii games.....

Thanks for any help :applause:

DDD-[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LilPaintballer']'bout ten bucks, your better off playing it. I just got a copy in a trade and haven't popped it in yet, from what I hear i missed out.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks, man :D

I just got my xbox back and I can't wait to try it out.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']'bout ten bucks, your better off playing it. I just got a copy in a trade and haven't popped it in yet, from what I hear i missed out.[/QUOTE]

It's quite good. Not rare, like you said, it's worth about ten bucks. Worth every penny. Most GameStops have copies, and it's a game I think everyone should check out.

I asked this before, but I don't think anyone knew at the time. It seems like PC titles don't hold the same 'value' as console titles, but....

any ideas at what I might be looking at for these and where the best place to off load them might be. Not sure if I will sell them, but since I have been unemployed for a while now and I want to keep buying PS3/360/Wii games....

That Civilization is worth pretty much nothing. Sold a complete boxed one for about $5 shipped at most. You could probably sit on it for a bit more but it isn't worth much.

Champions of Krynn is up for $20 on Amazon though I HIGHLY doubt anyone would ever buy it at the price. Maybe $10 or so if complete would be my guess.

Probably about the same for your other one.

Problem is a lot of those things get released in Collections and there value takes a hit where the bundled collection becomes a lot more valuable.

I see you guys were talking about Digital Devil Saga a couple pages back, I have a copy in a Phantom Brave case in case anyone is interested. Also, are these rare:

360: Battle Fantasia
Xbox: Madden 09, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, The Guy Game

Hey guys, thanks so far. Here's what I picked up today with intentions of asking this thread:

1. Okami - PS2 black label

2. Gamecube Broadband Adapter

I was also wondering, would it be worth it to pick up a copy of Twilight Princess (GC) that my K-Mart has left over for $50? It's sealed, obviously. I always buy games cause they're worth something just to say that I have them. I never sell them, probably never will. But what will it be worth in say, 5 years? 10? 20?

[quote name='PhrostByte']I see you guys were talking about Digital Devil Saga a couple pages back, I have a copy in a Phantom Brave case in case anyone is interested. Also, are these rare:

Xbox: Madden 09, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, The Guy Game[/QUOTE]

Im not too sure, i think it may have some value because wasnt it like the last game printed on the original xbox? The guy game had that dillema with an underaged girl leading to the title being pulled which lead to it being pulled, im going to guess its worth about 40 bucks.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I see you guys were talking about Digital Devil Saga a couple pages back, I have a copy in a Phantom Brave case in case anyone is interested. Also, are these rare:

Xbox: Madden 09, Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, The Guy Game[/QUOTE]

Battle Fantasia, no.

Madden 09? One of the last XBox games released. Collectors only. Rare? A little. Worth anything? No.

SFAC.. worth a fair bit more than the PS2 version. Definitely the rarer of the two versions.

Guy Game.. no. It's readily available at many GameCrazy stores, despite being "pulled from shelves". If you have a sealed copy (I do!), it's likely worth something, but not much.

as far as the guy game is concerned, its hard to put a value on a game that gets pulled off of ebay every now and then. not to mention the sellers get a strike for listing it so its too risky to even sell it on ebay. sure you can factor the ended listings and put an average price like you would see at vgpc and rarityguide. its one of those odd titles that will have a value to those who knows about it.

After brushing away years of dust, I just found a pile of N64 games that I forgot about.

Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals (I looked this up on eBay and it looks like its getting a good amount, especially since I traded it for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2)

TopGear Rally
Star Wars -Episode 1- Racer
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Snap
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
007 World is not enough
Madden 02

Does anyone know why the transformers game is worth more then $5? I mean, its not that great of a game.

I also have a non-GOTY/PH edition of Halo:Combat Evovled for the Xbox, but I doubt thats worth anything.

[quote name='phoenix529']Hey guys, thanks so far. Here's what I picked up today with intentions of asking this thread:

1. Okami - PS2 black label

2. Gamecube Broadband Adapter

I was also wondering, would it be worth it to pick up a copy of Twilight Princess (GC) that my K-Mart has left over for $50? It's sealed, obviously. I always buy games cause they're worth something just to say that I have them. I never sell them, probably never will. But what will it be worth in say, 5 years? 10? 20?[/QUOTE]

Still wondering...?

Especially 1 and 2. I already bought TP on GCN, found it for $40.

Also, I was wondering. I've got a couple sealed Zelda games for Gamecube. Do you guys know where I could get hard plastic cases to put around them to protect them both from random guests opening them and from being out on display?

Good god, man. I ask whether something is rare in a "is this rare" thread and I get attacked? I don't wanna know how much they go for, I wanna know if they're rare. 84 pages of people asking in this thread and you pick me...

And I don't "let" people do it, I have a job and my wife's friends come over. It's happened before.

[quote name='phoenix529']Good god, man. I ask whether something is rare in a "is this rare" thread and I get attacked? I don't wanna know how much they go for, I wanna know if they're rare. 84 pages of people asking in this thread and you pick me...

And I don't "let" people do it, I have a job and my wife's friends come over. It's happened before.[/QUOTE]

How am I attacking you? How do you think people know if something is rare? They based it on the price. I would consider something not rare if I can pick it up for under $30 even if if it has a small print. There is no need you to have an attitude here or people are not going to help you.

Well, I just created a thread asking about Twilight Princess, and was scolded for not posting it in this thread. So I come post it in this thread, and get scolded again. There aren't very many of any of them on eBay, I just want to know whether the things are rare without someone giving me grief about it.

I do apologize for seeming touchy, but nobody has seemed to be able to answer me without telling me to research it myself. This is my form of researching it, by asking real people who actually know about things, like yourself.

Again, I'm sorry for the reaction, I'm just frustrated.

bread's done
Back