The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

[quote name='sgr76']Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and Parasite Eve for PS1. I just managed to snag Oddworld on ebay but i am getting seriously gouged for Parasite Eve. Are they really that rare?[/QUOTE]

no

[quote name='sgr76']Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey and Parasite Eve for PS1. I just managed to snag Oddworld on ebay but i am getting seriously gouged for Parasite Eve. Are they really that rare?[/QUOTE]
abe's odyssey is worth around $15-$20. its not that rare but it was a solid game back in the day.

parasite eve is not really rare at all. but i have sold them in the past around $25-$35. if you have the guide you could probably, and easily, get $50-$55 for the lot.

[quote name='phear3d']yes they are still in print and will be for a little while longer as long as there is a system out there that would play them. in this case, both the ps2 and ps3 can play these ps1 games.

most if not all final fantasy games are still in print. square enix is making a killing on these and are probably one of the only companies that does this to this day. the cartridge based games are no longer in print for most recent FF games.

the only disc based games that are not in print anymore are:

ps1: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics
ps2: Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition (which was exclusive at Gamestop), Final Fantasy XI Online, Final Fantasy Wings of Goddess, Final Fantasy Vana'Deil Collection[/QUOTE]

If this is true, why not keep 7 in print. I realize that it was recently re-released on PSN, but that was very recent, and it's been out of print for a long time. You'd think, if they're keeping 8 and 9 in print, they would keep 7 as well.

I'd like to see some actual, concrete evidence that these games are still in print. If I get that, then I'll believe it. And also feel like an ass.

Parasite Eve only really sells for the demo disc included. I got a black label copy that was missing the demo disc for $5, and this was from a store that usually gouges based on ebay prices.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']If this is true, why not keep 7 in print. I realize that it was recently re-released on PSN, but that was very recent, and it's been out of print for a long time. You'd think, if they're keeping 8 and 9 in print, they would keep 7 as well.

I'd like to see some actual, concrete evidence that these games are still in print. If I get that, then I'll believe it. And also feel like an ass.[/QUOTE]
by putting them out of print makes them more of a desirable title which could lead to future ports, spin-offs, and sequels. why do you think they make so much money by slapping Final Fantasy VII on PSP & PS2 games instead of just calling it Final Fantasy something.

theres a few indication on how you can tell if the game is out of print..

1) if you need proof that these games are still in print. go to amazon and try to add 99 copies of each game. if amazon has it, its still in print although they may only have a few quantities of SOME games. amazon probably has every major distributor on their rolodex. if they find out that they sold X amount of a game and sold out, they'll try their best to get more. amazon fulfillment and their 3rd party stores do not count either.

2) most stores would not have the game anymore brand new (gamestop gutted new does not count). although this isnt really a clear indication..

sort of relevant but not really.. i think one of the reasons why Nocturne, DDS 1 and 2 are still in print is because of amazon. they are probably the only store that can sell hundreds of copies of these games a week. for Atlus to do a reprint, a retailer or distributor would have to order in the thousands. i dont think gamequestdirect reprinted them this time i think they just order maybe 10,000 of each game and supplied every major chain, including amazon and gamestops across the country. everytime nocturne is about to go out of stock, a few days later it goes back in stock.

[quote name='phear3d']yes they are still in print and will be for a little while longer as long as there is a system out there that would play them. in this case, both the ps2 and ps3 can play these ps1 games.

most if not all final fantasy games are still in print. square enix is making a killing on these and are probably one of the only companies that does this to this day. the cartridge based games are no longer in print for most recent FF games.

the only disc based games that are not in print anymore are:

ps1: Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics
ps2: Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition (which was exclusive at Gamestop), Final Fantasy XI Online, Final Fantasy Wings of Goddess, Final Fantasy Vana'Deil Collection[/QUOTE]
I NEVER KNEW THAT AND THAT IS AWESOME! I was just about to hunt through all my stuff to get my PS2 out and play Chrono Cross!

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']If this is true, why not keep 7 in print. I realize that it was recently re-released on PSN, but that was very recent, and it's been out of print for a long time. You'd think, if they're keeping 8 and 9 in print, they would keep 7 as well.

I'd like to see some actual, concrete evidence that these games are still in print. If I get that, then I'll believe it. And also feel like an ass.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Sony own the publishing rights to FFVII (rather than Square Enix) or have they given them back? That could be the reason why it's the only PS1 FF title not still in print.

[quote name='Solvarsym']Very Rare Mint Condition Steel Battalion Full Setup With Original Box - $50 (Steiner Ranch)

Worth it? Trying to talk him down.[/QUOTE]
absolutely! try to talk him down to $30 :) :applause: what an amazing find. i have a sealed one :cool:

We provided evidence they are still in print. You've provided no evidence that they aren't in print. There's nothing really more to say.

As for VII, Square Enix does not own the rights to produce new copies of that title as it was published by Sony Computer Entertainment America, which discontinued production of all of its PSX games. The other Square Enix games mentioned are still well in print and have been for years. They still sell and thus more copies are being produced.

[quote name='Rozz']We provided evidence they are still in print. You've provided no evidence that they aren't in print. There's nothing really more to say.[/QUOTE]

All you guys have provided is conjecture. The burden of proof is on you, not on me. Proof would be a picture of an FF8 disc with the Square-Enix logo, or actual run dates. As I've said before, Amazon is not proof. They very possibly still have 3000 copies of the first GH printing.

I'm saying you guys are liars or anything, far from it. I just doubt it until I can see some real, physical proof. :lol:

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']All you guys have provided is conjecture. The burden of proof is on you, not on me. Proof would be a picture of an FF8 disc with the Square-Enix logo, or actual run dates. As I've said before, Amazon is not proof. They very possibly still have 3000 copies of the first GH printing.

I'm saying you guys are liars or anything, far from it. I just doubt it until I can see some real, physical proof. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Go to Ebay and look up Final Fantasy VIII, as there are many many copies of the still sealed GH version of it, which is kinda backing up what you're saying. I've never seen in-store PSX games anywhere, except for the $15 copies of 101 dalmatians at Wal Mart.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']All you guys have provided is conjecture. The burden of proof is on you, not on me. Proof would be a picture of an FF8 disc with the Square-Enix logo, or actual run dates. As I've said before, Amazon is not proof. They very possibly still have 3000 copies of the first GH printing.

I'm saying you guys are liars or anything, far from it. I just doubt it until I can see some real, physical proof. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I don't have any pictures or anything, but I was just at a Micro Center yesterday and they were selling these FF games still sealed. There's also another cd/movie/game store that was selling them as well. So there are still retailers that carry them (not the big ones like Target or Best Buy or anything though).

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.123845700
http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.123845500
http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.123845800

All are for sale on Square's website and include the Square Enix logos.

[quote name='mis0']Anyone got an idea of how rare Graffiti Kingdom is for the PS2?[/QUOTE]

That game is pretty scarce. It's not particularly good or worth that much, though. I purchased a copy back in 2005 around when it came out and didn't see it pop up too often after that (not many were printed).

I don't know if this game is rare but I have a sneaking suspicion it will become desirable and hard to find. I'm referring to "Cursed Mountain" on the Wii. It also has a CE. I think down the road this will become one of the Wii's forgotten gems and end up fetching a decent amount on eBay.
As for rare games how much do the Xbox's Fatal Frame's go for now?
edit: Also what about "Phantom Crash"?

[quote name='phoenix529']Whoa! When the fuck did the Fatal Frames drop in value?[/QUOTE]

When they (the PS2 versions) were reprinted. The XB versions were never really rare.

[quote name='Vinny']When they (the PS2 versions) were reprinted. The XB versions were never really rare.[/QUOTE]

This. You can get the reprints at any GameStop for something like $30. Maybe $40, I don't remember. Who actually reprinted these? It wasn't Tecmo, was it?

Well to be fair, in the Xbox versions favor, some might consider FF2 fixed and both version had full on 5.1 sound.
Frankly I'd love to see the first two FF's released for this gen. with a graphical makeover and given Lossless sound as well. Honestly I could only imagine how great the ghosts would look with this hardware.
Shit "Burning Ranger"'s remade for this gen. would look incredible but I've heard the game didn't sell for shit even in Japan. That's a shame as it's a pretty good game.

Even worth is that the team that made the first 3 fatal frame are no longer around (4 is made by a different team).

[quote name='phoenix529']Whoa! When the fuck did the Fatal Frames drop in value?[/QUOTE]
vinny and 62t ordered a reprint. tecmo said "we like printing money too, so ok". so now the value of all 3 went down. im glad i sold my FF1 for ps2 for $70 before it went down.

keep in mind though, the first two games were previously released with the sony security sticker on top. should they end up on ebay, the 1st one should fetch at least $150 while crimson butterfly would probably only go for $30-$50 at the most.

[quote name='62t']Even worth is that the team that made the first 3 fatal frame are no longer around (4 is made by a different team).[/QUOTE]

The forth was made by Grasshopper Manufacture, which makes me very excited to play it :lol:

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']The forth was made by Grasshopper Manufacture, which makes me very excited to play it :lol:[/QUOTE]

the translation patch is 98% done so it should be any day now

got a few things I can't get any info on. found a copy of Sim City 2000 for the Mac. It comes in this big box, two floppy discs, a strategy guide and a letter thanking you for buying the game.

Then there's this racing wheel with peddles for the original Playstation. It still has it's box, but the box is pretty banged up. It's an ASCII Aftershock wheel. Comes with wheel and peddles.

I can't find any information on either of these things. Can anyone help me out?

[quote name='62t']Sim City 2000 Mac - about $10
Wheel - not much[/QUOTE]

That wheel takes up a huge amount of space, might just sell it in a yard sale or something if it's nothing special. Thank you for answering.

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know if a brand new & factory sealed copy of Xenosaga: Episode I for the PS2 (greatest hits/red label copy with a security seal) would be considered rare/valuable? How much do you think it could go for?

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='AltezzaSXE10']Hi everyone.

Does anybody know if a brand new & factory sealed copy of Xenosaga: Episode I for the PS2 (greatest hits/red label copy with a security seal) would be considered rare/valuable? How much do you think it could go for?

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I sold my Xenosaga 1 sealed Black Labels for $45 - wasn't the hottest seller.

Hey guys,

Just picked up a kart of Super Metroid (SNES), but no box and no manual. Cartridge is pristine, however. I got this more for my Metroid collection (I own every Metroid game except Metroid (NES), but I was wondering if this game is commonly floating around anywhere, or if I scored a great find.

[quote name='AltezzaSXE10']Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I've seen factory sealed copies go for as low as $15, only a few months ago. The game's simply not very sought after for some reason. It does sell for more, every now and then but I've never seen a copy go for more than $60.

[quote name='drktrpr1']Hey guys,

Just picked up a kart of Super Metroid (SNES), but no box and no manual. Cartridge is pristine, however. I got this more for my Metroid collection (I own every Metroid game except Metroid (NES), but I was wondering if this game is commonly floating around anywhere, or if I scored a great find.[/QUOTE]

The game's not really rare... it's fairly common for a SNES game, probably just behind the Mario games on the SNES.

How much is my Persona 4 Social Link worth?
I saw a completed listing for $66.
However, that was for a new one out of the box.

I still have mine sealed in the box.
It came in a box within a box, so to say.
It's not too special, just says some like "Amazon.com Exclusive Persona 4 Social Link"
I'm not sure if it would raise the value, so I thought I'd ask around.

Also is the Valkyria Chronicles artbook really worth this much?!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Valkyria-Chroni...ptZAU_Non_Fiction_Books_2?hash=item35a60877a5

This is one of the few things I'm hoarding, but if I can get around that much for it right now...

Does anyone here know what the approximate value of the SNES version of Gokujou Parodius would be?
It has the box in good condition and the game + manual in really great condition.
I picked this up a few months ago and am still unsure of how rare it is.

Does anyone know if Persona 3, the version with the Artbook and Bonus CD, is any rare? I think it was only available with preorders? I was able to get a sealed one today because my local K-Mart was closing.

[quote name='machoman_93']Does anyone know if Persona 3, the version with the Artbook and Bonus CD, is any rare? I think it was only available with preorders? I was able to get a sealed one today because my local K-Mart was closing.[/QUOTE]

I know that one is pretty rare, I think it usually goes for about $60 new.

It's not only available in pre-order though. I bought a copy new from GameStop right before FES came out, sealed, for $40ish. I think the one I got was also a reprint.

[quote name='Hyper Bolt']How much is my Persona 4 Social Link worth?
I saw a completed listing for $66.
However, that was for a new one out of the box.

I still have mine sealed in the box.
It came in a box within a box, so to say.
It's not too special, just says some like "Amazon.com Exclusive Persona 4 Social Link"
I'm not sure if it would raise the value, so I thought I'd ask around.

Also is the Valkyria Chronicles artbook really worth this much?!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Valkyria-Chroni...ptZAU_Non_Fiction_Books_2?hash=item35a60877a5

This is one of the few things I'm hoarding, but if I can get around that much for it right now...[/QUOTE]

The thing with Valkyria Chronicle was that the artbook was rare, since almost no one knew about it at release, and the artbook was for pre-orders. Then something like 3 months after release, a lot of people suddenly found out how good it was. I think it might have been because of the Gamestop sale where Valkyria Chronicles was $20 new. And then the price of these artbooks (at the time) began selling for about $50 on ebay. I know, because I checked for about 3 months hoping for it to go down, but it never did. So now, even more people heard about Valkyria Chronicles, and the demand for the artbook went up (because quite frankly, the art in it rocks), and less and less people were willing to sell it. I'm a little surprised that it's selling for nearly $200 though.

persona 4 social link is still worth some money though its not worth as much as it used to. i sold 2 of them easily for $100 then a few months later it shot up to about $130. maybe the fact that theres no new persona game thats why the interest sort of died down a bit. but maybe because the calendar is now useless?

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back