The "Is This Game Rare?" Thread

I recently came across a copy of Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel for the psp. Its in good condition, but the only problem is that the UMD case is not an original, it was replaced. Still worth as much as an original, or should I pass and try to find an original?

[quote name='johnmirra']Silouettte Mirage for ps1 sealed?[/quote]

Silhouette Mirage is worth about $25 sealed. It's hard to find but has a low demand.

[quote name='Rozz']Silhouette Mirage is worth about $25 sealed. It's hard to find but has a low demand.[/quote]

Actually for the PS1, that one isn't real difficult to find new sealed. It's not common but then again no PS1 sealed game is really anymore in the wild. But compared to almost all PS1 games, that is a "more common" sealed PS1 game and able to be found in the wild.

Either you know the value and are rubbing it in, or are a lucky guy.
According to DP it's a R8, and has a value of $200.
Edit: Ebay Stores has a few for $39.99... hmm, ask over at atariage.

[quote name='schuerm26']It's not common but then again no PS1 sealed game is really anymore in the wild.[/quote]Excepting the post-1998 Squaresoft RPGs, which apparently still do some pretty brisk business. Are there any other PSX games still regularly stocked by Amazon, etc.? :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Excepting the post-1998 Squaresoft RPGs, which apparently still do some pretty brisk business. Are there any other PSX games still regularly stocked by Amazon, etc.? :)[/quote]

I think those are the only PS1 games I have seen at stores in a long time. Up until last Christmas a Wal-Mart by me still had one row of PS1 games. Things like Legend of Dragoon.

[quote name='schuerm26']Actually for the PS1, that one isn't real difficult to find new sealed. It's not common but then again no PS1 sealed game is really anymore in the wild. But compared to almost all PS1 games, that is a "more common" sealed PS1 game and able to be found in the wild.[/quote]

I've never seen a copy in a B&M store before.

[quote name='Rozz']I've never seen a copy in a B&M store before.[/quote]

There is a local store around St. Louis where you can still get it very easily (at least you could in January still, I since have moved, but there were 5 or 6 of them that had it).

Im not saying your going to run into them at Walmarts or anything, but as early as last year I had seen some Walmarts that still had it.

Obviously any sealed PS1 game in a b&m store is going to be more difficult, but as stated, Silhouette Mirage is one of the more common ones if you are going to head out on a hunt. Not as common as the GH Final Fantasy games but nothing like finding most PS1 games sealed.

I have a few things I that I wondered how much I could get for them.

Xbox -Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Complete
Gamecube - Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 - Complete, Serial/Key never used
GBA - Legend of Zelda Classic NES - Sealed

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']I know Marvel will get you about $80 complete, maybe even more if there is a higher demand for the game.[/quote]

Are you factoring in that the Xbox version is worth less than the PS2 version?

[quote name='wasabi_']I have a few things I that I wondered how much I could get for them.

Xbox -Marvel vs Capcom 2 - Complete
Gamecube - Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 and 2 - Complete, Serial/Key never used
GBA - Legend of Zelda Classic NES - Sealed[/quote]

Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $70-80 (maybe more because sealed sell for $150)
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 - $60 (sealed sell for $100)
Legend of Zelda NES Series - $60 if sealed

[quote name='jjgames']Marvel vs Capcom 2 - $70-80 (maybe more because sealed sell for $150)
Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 - $60 (sealed sell for $100)
Legend of Zelda NES Series - $60 if sealed[/QUOTE]

Damn! I didn't know PSO I&II sold for that much... I remember buying it from someone real cheap. And I can't believe that NES series Zelda goes for that much sealed- I bought it day one and opened it so I could register that stupid code.:whistle2:(

[quote name='Shady3011']Considering online is a no longer an option, I'm shocked that it's maintain it's value.[/quote]I think there are unofficial, fan-created servers that are still going.

Any of these super nintendo games?

Agassi Tennis, Mystic Quest, PGA Tour Golf, Rise of the Robots, Arcade's Greatest Hits, DOOM, Mortal Kombat II, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars (which includes Mario Bros 1, Mario Bros 2, Mario Bros 3, Mario Bros Lost Levels)

Ok I've looked all over the internet and talked in the GS thread and have no idea.

Sagaia for the Game Boy, is this rare? I have not found it on half.com, ebay, or amazon. Only vague references to it in wikipedia and dead pages from google.

[quote name='Samus']Are you factoring in that the Xbox version is worth less than the PS2 version?[/quote]

Yes, but like I said demand may change the $80 price on the Xbox version since more copies were produced than the PS2 version. Therefore, that is why the PS2 version sells for $100 on average if complete.

[quote name='Phorty Ounce']Yes, but like I said demand may change the $80 price on the Xbox version since more copies were produced than the PS2 version. Therefore, that is why the PS2 version sells for $100 on average if complete.[/quote]

I thought that the reason the PS2 version was sought after (higher priced) was because A) larger user base, B) better controller suited to 2D fighting, and C) backwards compatible whereas the Xbox has glitches.

Aesthetically, there's pretty much no difference between the two, as both consoles run the game in large-pixeled, grainy goodness.

[quote name='idd0tt']is devil may cry original factory sealed non gh worth anything?[/QUOTE]

Not more than a few dollars compare to the reprint from the 3 pack, if any.

[quote name='Shoagie']Trog! sealed for NES? I cant find any actual sealed copies other than one listing that has been up for 200.[/quote]

The only sealed Trog I have seen sold for $199. Probably the same one you saw.

[quote name='jjgames']The only sealed Trog I have seen sold for $199. Probably the same one you saw.[/QUOTE]

It really did sell? If it did...WOW. I found that and Barker Bill's Trick Shooting at game crazy both sealed last year for 2 or 3 dollars each. Any idea on Barker Bill's?

Random, but I found a :gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron III preview disc at Goodwill this morning for a buck. It's got a single-player demo as well as the old-school wire frame Star Wars arcade game on the disc. Anyone know if it's worth anything?

[quote name='JJSP']Random, but I found a :gc: Star Wars Rogue Squadron III preview disc at Goodwill this morning for a buck. It's got a single-player demo as well as the old-school wire frame Star Wars arcade game on the disc. Anyone know if it's worth anything?[/quote]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Rogue...yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if for some reason, some of you don't have Ebay accounts (and can't check completed auctions), it ended at $9.95, for a complete copy, free shipping.

[quote name='Shoagie']It really did sell? If it did...WOW. I found that and Barker Bill's Trick Shooting at game crazy both sealed last year for 2 or 3 dollars each. Any idea on Barker Bill's?[/quote]

It might not have been the same auction then, but there was a Trog auction, sealed, that sold for $199. Both those games were sealed at Game Crazy? Sweet finds.

[quote name='jjgames']It might not have been the same auction then, but there was a Trog auction, sealed, that sold for $199. Both those games were sealed at Game Crazy? Sweet finds.[/QUOTE]

Now im debating what I want to do with it.

[quote name='jjgames']It might not have been the same auction then, but there was a Trog auction, sealed, that sold for $199. Both those games were sealed at Game Crazy? Sweet finds.[/quote]
cheapy is asking for everyone's feedback on the new cag trading system of some sort. i suggested your site be included.:)

[quote name='Mofofo']How about An Atelier Iris Guide in decent condition?[/QUOTE]

There is no Atelier Iris guide... unless you mean Atelier Iris 2, which isn't worth much more than a couple of bucks.

[quote name='Mofofo']what about digimon world 2 guide for ps1.[/QUOTE]

you know it isnt that hard to look at ebay/amazon/half to yourself

[quote name='62t']you know it isnt that hard to look at ebay/amazon/half to yourself[/quote]

if you're gonna point that out to each person that comes asking prices on easily-researched items, you're gonna want to pace yourself.

and i don't mean that to sound rude, as i feel the same way. i pointed it out to someone pages back, and had that post chased with 10 more requests for common games that are plastered on Ebay/Amazon/etc...

it's becoming painfully obvious that people are using this thread mostly to brag about what mildly rare games they've purchased, rather than actually glean information or values of genuinely rare or hard-to-find titles.

(kudos to those of you actually bringing up valid rare titles to discuss!)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']King's Knight for NES? Rare or not?[/QUOTE]

Isn't that one fairly common? If it's complete, it'll be worth a little more.

[quote name='allyourblood']if you're gonna point that out to each person that comes asking prices on easily-researched items, you're gonna want to pace yourself.

and i don't mean that to sound rude, as i feel the same way. i pointed it out to someone pages back, and had that post chased with 10 more requests for common games that are plastered on Ebay/Amazon/etc...

it's becoming painfully obvious that people are using this thread mostly to brag about what mildly rare games they've purchased, rather than actually glean information or values of genuinely rare or hard-to-find titles.

(kudos to those of you actually bringing up valid rare titles to discuss!)[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. This thread was fun at first but now it feels like a chore to read through all the moron posts asking about the most common shit. I just don't respond unless it's something worth responding too.

Not a game, but I found 3 dead rising guides today. Apparently i snagged them a while ago from crapstop.. didnt know they were worth anything rofl

[quote name='Josef']Isn't that one fairly common? If it's complete, it'll be worth a little more.[/quote]

It is quite common. You can get it for $1-2 bucks very easily.

I bought an original Japanese DarkStalkers arcade cabinet for $200 including tax. I'm thinking of keeping it, because I fell in love with the game.

Just wondering how much that's worth.

[quote name='Geoff Mendicino']I bought an original Japanese DarkStalkers arcade cabinet for $200 including tax. I'm thinking of keeping it, because I fell in love with the game.

Just wondering how much that's worth.[/quote]unless your arcade cabinet starts with Marvel and ends with Vs. Capcom (the jamma board itself is or was worth around $250-$400 before), it shouldnt be worth more than what you paid for it. sometimes even less on ebay. what sucks about selling one on ebay is that you have to pay alot for shipping and handling. unless you can arrange a way to have it picked up, it could sell for more. if you keep it about 10 more years maybe it'll be worth more :).

I don't want to sound like an idiot here but maybe one of you could point me in the direction of a site or a thread that lists rare strategy guides? Or ones worth money seeing dead rising going for like 50 bucks is nuts

[quote name='omg itz adam']I don't want to sound like an idiot here but maybe one of you could point me in the direction of a site or a thread that lists rare strategy guides? Or ones worth money seeing dead rising going for like 50 bucks is nuts[/quote] 0_o You're serious.

I keep seeing these but now that I know they're rare they're probably gonna be gone from every store I saw them. Same thing happened with Dynasty Warriors Gundam a few weeks ago. >_

bread's done
Back