The "It's Soda Dammit!" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tiphireth']Didn't leave us a choice, did ya? ;) Moral of the story: Always assume there's an OTT.[/QUOTE]

no, just had to inflict my morning haze anyway. I wonder how many more people put me on ignore after that post? ;-)

[quote name='Apossum']no, just had to inflict my morning haze anyway. I wonder how many more people put me on ignore after that post? ;-)[/QUOTE]

Eh, you're still on my good list for the elfen lied sig. ;)

[quote name='the_deej']It's POP!

havent you ever heard the sound when you open a drink? It goes *POP not *SODA![/QUOTE]

I thought it went "ku-ka-chizzssssst" or there abouts. :lol:

At least with a can. A bottle just goes "PFFSSSssst".

It's hard to accurately describe the sounds with letters ...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I thought it went "ku-ka-chizzssssst" or there abouts. :lol:

It's hard to accurately describe the sounds with letters ...[/QUOTE]

Great, we're going to call it pssssss, I can see it now. :roll:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I thought it went "ku-ka-chizzssssst" or there abouts. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

having just opened a can of coke, I can confirm that it does indeed go ku-KA! then chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

for the record Apossum calls whatever it is by its brand name to avoid confrontation

All I know is that Pop is a kind of music and Pop with an extra o is Poop and poop is not delicious. So I' sticking to soda.

[quote name='Apossum']having just opened a can of coke, I can confirm that it does indeed go ku-KA! then chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

for the record Apossum calls whatever it is by its brand name to avoid confrontation[/QUOTE]

:cool:

I use brand names too.

[quote name='Apossum']having just opened a can of coke, I can confirm that it does indeed go ku-KA! then chizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

for the record Apossum calls whatever it is by its brand name to avoid confrontation[/QUOTE]
Ku-kachiz. Sounds good... I'll go pitch it to Coca-Cola and make millions.
EDIT: it will be like Surge but double the sugar and caffine. And purple.

SODA

Not 'pop'

SODA

Anyone who says pop is gonna get popped

ooh, clever wordplay

i am so witty

and beer tastes like swill. give me highly concentrated liqour in something tasty.

or something somewhat minty and green to smoke

Its called Pop.
You guys are glip. You need to read the papers on what its really called. You dont know the history of pop, I do.

[quote name='bobo2k4']Its called Pop.
You guys are glip. You need to read the papers on what its really called. You dont know the history of pop, I do.[/QUOTE]

But its also a music genre! What else is called soda?!

It's hard to accurately describe the sounds with letters ...[/QUOTE]

I'd say your wrong. That's what Onomatopeaia is all about!!

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Ku-kachiz. Sounds good... I'll go pitch it to Coca-Cola and make millions.
EDIT: it will be like Surge but double the sugar and caffine. And purple.[/QUOTE]

I like it...a new soda, eh? I was thinking of it as a universal word for all carbonated sugar drinks....but if the new soda is good enough, then it could defeat all the other sodas, thus ending the debate.

"Hey, grab me a kukachizz"

"Man, this kukachizz is sexy"

"I just spilled kukachizz all over my knickers"

"He died because he drank a 12 pack of kukachizz a day for 12 years. It burned a hole right through his stomach."

[quote name='crazytalkx']But its also a music genre! What else is called soda?![/QUOTE]

( baking soda, soda crackers, caustic soda)

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Ku-kachiz. Sounds good... I'll go pitch it to Coca-Cola and make millions.
EDIT: it will be like Surge but double the sugar and caffine. And purple.[/QUOTE]

Ew. That would be like "Pitch black" mountain dew.
No thanks. I'd rather have grape soda (oh, and maybe some chocolate donuts with it)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Pop... Im not reading anything going back, just adding my 2 cents...plus 10 cent deposit...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you with your sneaking over to Ohio and bringing them back :)

New avatar to match the rank. Both will likely be gone within the week. :lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']I'd say your wrong. That's what Onomatopeaia is all about!![/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='JSweeney']Ew. That would be like "Pitch black" mountain dew.
No thanks. I'd rather have grape soda (oh, and maybe some chocolate donuts with it)[/QUOTE]

Ugh...Don't remind me about Mountain Dew Pitch Black...That stuff was horrible...Now I wish I had some Code Red instead of CVDP...

[quote name='Apossum']I like it...a new soda, eh? I was thinking of it as a universal word for all carbonated sugar drinks....but if the new soda is good enough, then it could defeat all the other sodas, thus ending the debate.

"Hey, grab me a kukachizz"

"Man, this kukachizz is sexy"

"I just spilled kukachizz all over my knickers"

"He died because he drank a 12 pack of kukachizz a day for 12 years. It burned a hole right through his stomach."[/QUOTE]
Kukachizz will rule the world one it defeats Coca Cola corp. It will be the most recognizable symbol worldwide much as Coke is now. Everyone will know of the Kukachizz Rebellion.

it's soda pop. done, case closed.

when i moved from seattle down to san diego, my entire chemistry class junior year burst out laughing when i said "pop". and after living in california for 3 years, when i go visit my dad and old friends up in seattle, they laugh when i say "soda". i give up. i'm gonna start saying "soda pop" so that everyone will laugh at me; at least that evens it out.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Kukachizz will rule the world one it defeats Coca Cola corp. It will be the most recognizable symbol worldwide much as Coke is now. Everyone will know of the Kukachizz Rebellion.[/QUOTE]

Didn't you just say you were pitching it to CC corp? :lol:

[quote name='Mouse']Nooooo

Sblymnl changed his avvy...[/QUOTE]

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Didn't you just say you were pitching it to CC corp? :lol:[/QUOTE]

it's a trick...she's gonna pull a gun on them and force them to comply with our demands

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite.[/QUOTE]

what??! you just pulled that from amazon or allmusic...or maybe a sarcastic pitchfork review :lol:

(though prog fans tend to like the early genesis stuff a lot)

I can't read that... I can't focus on font like that... you know how weird it is when your brother is out of twno/ my brother si at orintation on miami,and it's so weird without him....

[quote name='crazytalkx']All I know is that Pop is a kind of music and Pop with an extra o is Poop and poop is not delicious. So I' sticking to soda.[/QUOTE]

Been eating poop?

You know what...I don't want to know...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']New avatar to match the rank. Both will likely be gone within the week. :lol:

:lol:[/QUOTE]

Makes me sound like I'm one of the characters on a kid's show on PBS, doesn't it?

You run into a person, and you shout out "CRASH"!
While you pretent to swing a sword you run about and shout out "Slash"!
You walk up to a well and drop in a little cash, when it hits the water, you turn and yell out "SPLASH".
Your get home from school and run up to your room, you drop your schoolbooks on the floor and then you yell "Kaboom!!".

It's fun to use word that mimic noises, when you scream and shout,
Well, That's what Onomatopeaia is all about!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Didn't you just say you were pitching it to CC corp? :lol:[/QUOTE]
uh-huh... it will eat the company from within. And it will take over the world! Bwhahaha.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']uh-huh... it will eat the company from within. And it will take over the world! Bwhahaha.[/QUOTE]

Good plan.

And I see we have a new avy and rank. :cool:

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...so many American Psycho refrences...i thought everyone had forgotten about that movie...excuse me, i need to go find a kitten...[/QUOTE]

Well, the new SE dvd just came out. I watched it last night myself. :lol:

[quote name='Apossum']ahhhh...I have yet to see it.[/QUOTE]

Do it! Do it now!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Good plan.

And I see we have a new avy and rank. :cool:[/QUOTE]
yeah and sig. Riviera is out now so I thought it best to go on. I'm going to the mall to get my copy later.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...so many American Psycho refrences...i thought everyone had forgotten about that movie...excuse me, i need to go find a kitten...[/QUOTE]

straycat3hv.jpg

[quote name='AngellicLulu']yeah and sig. Riviera is out now so I thought it best to go on. I'm going to the mall to get my copy later.[/QUOTE]

Good for you. Labyrinth is great, especially 16 year old Jennifer Connelly. :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol:

Speaking of ranks, how come I can't see my postcount? It's been like that ever since the forum revamp, I just never really thought to ask about it...

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Good for you. Labyrinth is great, especially 16 year old Jennifer Connelly. :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol:[/QUOTE]
... really I like David Bowie. :drool:

[quote name='Mouse']Speaking of ranks, how come I can't see my postcount? It's been like that ever since the forum revamp, I just never really thought to ask about it...[/QUOTE]
go to your profile. you have 420 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back