The Jerry "The King" Lawler Wrestling Topic

She's got that "what company makes stretch jeans for a fat, lumpy Burger King manager ass-lookin' broad with skinny legs" look about her.

Money's on Stone Cold being the #1 guy, since he's not been on tv yet.

Holding out for Bret Hart? fuckin' mark.

[quote name='mykevermin']She's got that "what company makes stretch jeans for a fat, lumpy Burger King manager ass-lookin' broad with skinny legs" look about her.

Money's on Stone Cold being the #1 guy, since he's not been on tv yet.

Holding out for Bret Hart? fuckin' mark.[/QUOTE]

mcmahon names himself number 1 stonle cold then comes out and beats the shit out of him

[quote name='evilmojo12542']mcmahon names himself number 1 stonle cold then comes out and beats the shit out of him[/quote]

then the rock comes out and does a people's elbow on asstin

And she's only gonna get worse as times goes by and she isn't as active.

My money is on either Austin, or Vince naming himself as the biggest star ever. Truth be told, it should be Austin, as he was the face behind the show that saved WWE from falling down for the count to Hogan, the NWO and WCW.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Man the crowd was comatose during that Kennedy/Jenetty match.[/quote]

Can you blame them... Jannety never was interesting, and Mr. Kennedy has become one of the most disappointing wrestlers (character-wise) in years. Hopefully he rebounds from his bad twists of fate.

[quote name='guyver2077']great raw....

it pretty much sealed the deal that we will never see rock again..

maybe for the 20th ann.[/quote]

Maybe if his schedule works out... or when/if he takes a break from making movies.

Great Raw though, from top to bottom it was a pleasant stroll through memory lane. Hopefully they can follow it up and create some pleasant future memories.

The best part? No Cena!

There were a few splotches on the show (Kennedy/Janetty and the Tag Championship match), but otherwise it was stellar.

Ok people time to migrate to the new thread.

That show delivered in just about every way humanly possible. The cameos were mostly great, although the Lita and Trish ones didn't quite work. Jannetty had another good match, Carlito-Hardy was fine for what it was, while the Evolution-Rated RKO/Umaga match was a blast to watch, as was the reunion of DX, the wacky battle royal with Backlund not having aged a day since his TNA run, Blackman not having aged a day since his last WWE run almost a decade ago, and of course, SKINNER, which led to a Fabulous Ones mention in 2007 on national TV.

Hell of a fun show, and it did a better job than I expected it to towards building up Armageddon, while also featuring better wrestling than I expected, and a nice moment with Dusty being in the ring when Cody won his first title, which didn't get anywhere near the reaction one might think it would get. Still a nice moment for Cody, I'm sure.

The Hogan appearance was fascinating, as he thanked WWE a shitload in his speech, mentioned them being the greatest company ever and well... the "HOGAN HAS BEEN HUMBLED" sign behind him was quite fitting. Hornswoggle posing with Hogan, and then casually pouring beer on Vince at the end of the show was funny. It's rare that WWE runs a sports entertainment-heavy show that worked in so many different ways, so I'm glad I popped a tape in for this one, as I'll definitely rewatch at least most of it again.

RVD's appearance was a huge surprise to me, especially since they had him do a (quick) match AND beat a current talent. Seeing Punk in the ring at the end, with an ROH-shirted fan behind him was awesome, as was seeing Regal drink a Coke instead of a beer, and I couldn't quite tell what Punk had, but he had something with a blue can, so it was either a beer like everyone else, or a Pepsi.

Quotes -
Vince - WELL I’LL BE, IT’S MY ILLEGITIMATE BASTARD SON, HORNSWOGGLE! GET HIM OFF ME, NOW!
King - He may leave him for another leg.
Crowd - HORN-SWOGGLE! HORN-SWOGGLE!
Vince - Shane, I love you, Stephanie, I love you (to Hornswoggle) I sorta love you (to crowd) Most importantly, I LOVE YOU! When I say 3, you say MON-EY!
Vince - WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?
Crowd - TRIPLE-H, TRIPLE-H!
HHH - Waiting for that pop to die down, you hear that? I think the fans here are smart, I think I’m almost part of this family… like a son. ‘Sup Steph?
(to Melina)Vince - I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN!
HHH - Sure, Clinton.
(Hornswoggle runs into Sunny’s tits)HHH - Go get you some, boy!
HHH - Here’s Bastion Booger, and his son, Big Dick Johnson.
(Steph makes out with HHH)HHH - Seen you at home… I mean “your brother’s a gnome!”
HHH - Vince, don’t go away mad, just go away.
(Godfather comes out)J.R. - EVEN PATTERSON’S SMILING!
HBK - Last week was one of the worst things in Raw history, as Kennedy Kennedy brought out four imposters, but one was Marty Jannetty, and it got me to thinking how he’d do against the real deal.
Marty - I CAN’T SPEAK, I’M SO PUMPED UP, I GOTTA GO
Santino - When are we going to honor the future of this show - SANTINO MARELLA! To prove my point, I’ve issued an open challenge…(RVD’s theme hits)
Crowd - RVD, RVD!
J.R. - HULK HOGAN HAS SEEN ENOUGH OF MR. MCMAHON’S TOUGH LOVE!
Crowd - HO-GAN! HO-GAN!
Crowd sign - Hogan has been humbled.
Hogan - IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE HULKAMANIA IS STILL ALIVE AND WELL, BROTHER! Let’s hear it for the greatest company in the world - WWE! Watching the new WWE superstars is like nothing else in the world. I miss you guys, I love you guys, and NEVER SAY NEVER! OH YEAH! Right now, I’m heading back to L.A., I’m filming a new show called American Gladiators, it’ll be on January 6th and 7th.
Lawler - On NBC?
J.R. - That’s right!
(Gillberg’s theme hits)J.R. - Well, you can’t be first, but you can be next.
J.R. - Bob Backlund, the only man in this match wearing gym shorts, has been eliminated.
Lawler - How about Skinner? He looks fabulous.
J.R. - He’s a fabulous one, indeed.
Lawler - IT’S ERIC BISCHOFF!
J.R. - HE DESERVES TO BE SLAPPED!
Bischoff - Unlike the rest of the WWE superstars, I’m not here to put smiles on your faces - I’M HERE TO TAKE THE MONEY OUT OF YOUR DAMN POCKETBOOK! Give me a round of applause, come on! (Y2J video hits)
Jericho - Eric Bischoff, would you please SHUT THE HELL UP!? Eric Bischoff, a true jerk off, who needs to get that stupid bowl cut chopped off, and who would go to Tijuana to pay $5 to a tranny to get a pop off! Maybe I should just knock your block off!(Jericho punches Bischoff)
Dusty - FIFTEENTH ANNIVERSARY! IT’S UNBELIEVABLE!
Lawler - Dream, what’s it like to see your son in the ring on the 15th anniversary?
Dusty - It’s like a dream come true to see… to follow this young man’s career.
J.R. - Cody and Holly have tremendous chemistry.
Lawler - What are you talking about? They have no chemistry together.
(Undertaker’s theme hits)J.R. Speaking of evil and nasty… AND I MEAN THAT IN THE NICEST OF WAYS…
Lawler - Come on, Mr. McMahon, it’s better to be a coward for 5 minutes than a corpse for the rest of your life.
J.R. - Mr. McMahon has been choked out with the mandible claw, and choke slammed from the upper decks of Hell by the Undertaker AND NOW HIS GREATEST RIVAL IN HISTORY, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, has come down to ringside!
Austin - GODDANGIT, I come down to the ring to celebrate 15 years and you’re asleep! Let me get close to you… maybe not that close, I’m startin’ to feel dirty! Come on Vince, get off your knees.

[quote name='SIUfan']I thought Punk was straightedge? Oh fuck it I guess everybody gets a brew on the anniversary show![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure he had a soda, or was mocking the drinkers.

Regal had a Coke out there, FWIW.

Jeff Hardy can sell like a fucking CHAMP.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Ok people time to migrate to the new thread.[/quote]

What new thread? Or do I make one about an obscure Memphis heel? :)

bread's done
Back