The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew's theme is a bizarre case of what appears to be a mediocre band somehow churning out what is an incredibe pro wrestling theme...then they waste it on a guy who is doing nothing.

Holy fucking shit, that Undertaker theme is absolutely beautiful. I can imagine him coming out to that at WrestleMania.

[quote name='Tsel']Holy fucking shit, that Undertaker theme is absolutely beautiful. I can imagine him coming out to that at WrestleMania.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I mean, UT's theme is usually goosebump-inducing but this version is great.

[quote name='Tsel']Holy fucking shit, that Undertaker theme is absolutely beautiful. I can imagine him coming out to that at WrestleMania.[/QUOTE]

It's really good, and seems like it should be used at some point, but crowd noise will make it not work.

Strikes me as video package material. Have some heel take him out, Yokozuna at the Royal Rumble style, and use this as the overlay for a retrospective of his career, ending with him being taken out.

fuck yeah.

[quote name='diddy310']Taryn Terrell/Tiffany just popped up in TNA..and Brooke Hogan fell while introducing her.[/QUOTE]

Not only did she fall, she sucked at delivering her what...2,3 lines? I think that minute pretty much summed up what Brooke Hogan brings to TNA.

[quote name='diddy310']Taryn Terrell/Tiffany just popped up in TNA..and Brooke Hogan fell while introducing her.[/QUOTE]

I thought Tiffany had a lot of upside as a character given her greenness and the way she handled her role as GM of WWECW. It's too bad she felt the need to beat the shit out of Drew McIntyre though.

I don't know that she brings much by the way of ring work and I just can't imagine she's been working on her mat game since leaving WWE and divorcing Drew. And TNA already has two pretty faces who don't wrestle (anymore) by way of So Cal Val and Christy Hemme. I doubt she'll be around long.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Was she the one that dated Carlton Banks?[/QUOTE]

. . . .

What?

Taryn Terrell/Tiffany married Drew McIntyre. They're now divorced. She got physical with him and I guess that was the last straw. I think she was fired shortly after. Drew and Tiffany had concocted a storyline for themselves, and WWE decided to go ahead with it but plug in Kelly Kelly. Then Kelly Kelly got drafted to Raw or something like that and it was dropped with no ending. It's also believed Drew's marriage to Tiffany and its public dissolution and negative press is one reason he had his pushed stopped completely.

By "Carlton Banks" I'm assuming you mean David Otunga. And his girlfriend/fiancee is the singer/actress Jennifer Hudson.

Ashlynn-Brooke_1198205438.jpg

No, she really dated Alfonso Ribeiro.

I saw Alfonso at a Sport Chalet in Burbank a few years back. Some kid walked up to him and asked him if he was Carlton and then to do that dance. Let's just say that Alfonso was less than pleased.

Impact was good tonight. I enjoyed it. My cable company, TWC, has an iPod app, so I was able to watch it while my girlfriend watched a movie. That was kind of nice. Anybody else think that the ending has "red herring" written all over it?

Kinda surprised WWE hasnt changed Ryder's theme to the Downstait version considering they have a huge hard on for that band. Already got The Miz, A-Ri, and Ziggler.

That Undertaker theme really is nice, like one of the commenters said, if they played that at his funeral it would be awesome.

CM Punk told TMZ.com that he agreed with WWE's decision to fire Brian "AW" Jossie for making a "joke" about rape. He said he felt WWE was justified in their decision to fire him for making the distasteful remark.

I hate to say this, but this is kind of hypocritical coming from the guy that just over a year ago caught hell for calling a fan at ringside a "f@g." After all hell broke loose on the matter it was squashed by the WWE saying that he only had 2 weeks left on his contract. Punk basically got off by issuing an apology via twitter and then went on to what became pretty much the biggest program of his career in the WWE. Respectively, AW, making a poor taste joke in the role of a heel character, after issuing an apology, gets fired.

Yeah, and they wonder why nobody spoke up to air any type of issues at the post RAW meeting?

I was listening to some of Takers old themes and it got me thinking, I've never watched any of the WWE "movies", but if they did a Horror/Western with Taker, I'd actually consider watching that. Would probably be cheesy as hell, but I'd still watch it. He'd have to be in his classic getup though, long coat, hat and all.

[quote name='Spyder187']I hate to say this, but this is kind of hypocritical coming from the guy that just over a year ago caught hell for calling a fan at ringside a "f@g." After all hell broke loose on the matter it was squashed by the WWE saying that he only had 2 weeks left on his contract. Punk basically got off by issuing an apology via twitter and then went on to what became pretty much the biggest program of his career in the WWE. Respectively, AW, making a poor taste joke in the role of a heel character, after issuing an apology, gets fired.

Yeah, and they wonder why nobody spoke up to air any type of issues at the post RAW meeting?[/QUOTE]

Punk had the benefit of not doing it when Linda was running for office though. I can imagine after the lashing she got for the Eugene character last time around people are walking on eggshells around there.

Punk (who was still a heel at the time, not that I think that matters) also didn't do it on live TV but at a house show and immediately apologized after.

Agree with the comment about no one speaking up though. Sure, they said that people were allowed to air their grievances, but those guys have all seen what's happened in the past to someone who let their complaints be known.

If you are curious about the WWE app that just came out, I saved you the trouble. It's useless. Just clips from Raw or Smackdown and their homoginized "news"...news like WWE is great for fighting against bullies. Or whatever the fuck they are fellating themselves over this week.

Was hoping they'd include access to a big chunk of old footage or something... nope.

[quote name='Clak']I was listening to some of Takers old themes and it got me thinking, I've never watched any of the WWE "movies", but if they did a Horror/Western with Taker, I'd actually consider watching that. Would probably be cheesy as hell, but I'd still watch it. He'd have to be in his classic getup though, long coat, hat and all.[/QUOTE]

There were rumors awhile back about them doing an Undertaker origin story set in the west in the 1800s. I don't guess anything ever came of it.

[quote name='Spyder187']I hate to say this, but this is kind of hypocritical coming from the guy that just over a year ago caught hell for calling a fan at ringside a "f@g." After all hell broke loose on the matter it was squashed by the WWE saying that he only had 2 weeks left on his contract. Punk basically got off by issuing an apology via twitter and then went on to what became pretty much the biggest program of his career in the WWE. Respectively, AW, making a poor taste joke in the role of a heel character, after issuing an apology, gets fired.

Yeah, and they wonder why nobody spoke up to air any type of issues at the post RAW meeting?[/QUOTE]

Punk called a fan "homo," not "f*g."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPV9xjq6IcA

It doesn't change the point that Punk's remarks were both sexist and antigay - just because he used a word that isn't censored by CAG's filters, the implication is still the very same. Woman = lesser; gay = lesser.

Punk's a company man, it would appear. Towing the company line. Ironic that he got a Minor Threat tattoo in the past year or so, seeing as how he grew up thinking his life is like the song "Out of Step." Today he's more along the lines of "Cashing In."

Everyone, including Myke, get your wallets ready. Sell all of your old, blurry DVD's. This is the news we've been waiting on:

PWInsider confirms that there was a recent settlement between WWE and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) which allows WWE to use their old WWF logo on footage. WWE made some kind of payment to the World Wildlife Fund. WWE is allowed to use the WWF logo and say WWF over footage as long as it is old footage. For example, WWE couldn't have a Legend come out on RAW next week, cut a promo and talk about how he used to hold the WWF Title and wrestle on WWF pay-per-views.

Amazon has put up The Attitude Era for preorder on Blu Ray and DVD.

Yayurrrrrr.

So glad someone dropped two hundo on my WM box set a month or so back.

Also glad I didn't shell out for too many of the WWF "Tagged Classics" DVDs from Europe (unedited Coliseum Video releases).

[quote name='Scorch']Everyone, including Myke, get your wallets ready. Sell all of your old, blurry DVD's. This is the news we've been waiting on:

Amazon has put up The Attitude Era for preorder on Blu Ray and DVD.[/QUOTE]

Is there any place saying what content will be in it exactly?

[quote name='mykevermin']Yayurrrrrr.

So glad someone dropped two hundo on my WM box set a month or so back.

Also glad I didn't shell out for too many of the WWF "Tagged Classics" DVDs from Europe (unedited Coliseum Video releases).[/QUOTE]

Seconded although for my part, I'm glad I never got around to gathering up the Summerslam, Wrestlemania, and Survivor Series sets.

I do have the Royal Rumble ones though. Hmmm... I guess I'll let them go once they officially announce Blu-Ray collections for the early Rumbles.

Some stuff will obviously never get redone. My Crispin Wah set will forever remain (somewhat) edited and on DVD.

[quote name='powercreep']This Taryn Terrell chick has some "not for the kiddies" photos out there. Nice![/QUOTE]

I can't help but wonder how many people just went to Google Images ;)

They still will edit some of the music though which I find more annoying than the WWF edits truthfully as the re-recordings or dubbing of the intros and crowd noise annoys me to no end.

[quote name='KaneRobot']If you are curious about the WWE app that just came out, I saved you the trouble. It's useless. Just clips from Raw or Smackdown and their homoginized "news"...news like WWE is great for fighting against bullies. Or whatever the fuck they are fellating themselves over this week.

Was hoping they'd include access to a big chunk of old footage or something... nope.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's not entirely true. You may have missed the "menu" button in the top left corner when you opened the app.. I know I did. When you click that, you can click superstars, then you can browse current or alumni, and choose videos from each of their sections. It's not limited to WWE clips, there's some WCW and ECW stuff in there, too. It's basically a condensed version of WWE.com, but everything's in there. They aren't complete matches (they aren't on the site, either). Everything loads on an in-app player, it loads quick, and it looks nice. Big thumbs up. Watching Hart/DDP from Nitro. I did a test on load times on the app versus the website, and the app won by a large margin.

One section that I thought was cool was the events section. I don't know if the website does it, but on the app, if you choose the event, it shows you the superstars that are currently slated to appear. For instance, it shows that Brock is scheduled for Summerslam and Raw on the 20th, but not the Raw on the 27th. This goes all the way to the Extreme Rules PPV in 2013. The superstars slated to appear, of course, will change by then, but it's helpful for live events that are coming up.

I give the app two thumbs up.

That piano version reminds me of Tubular Bells by Mike Oldfield a bit. That's the theme from the Exorcist if you didn't know (and then your ass better call somebody).

[quote name='mitch079']They still will edit some of the music though which I find more annoying than the WWF edits truthfully as the re-recordings or dubbing of the intros and crowd noise annoys me to no end.[/QUOTE]

I'll take what I can get.

If WWE paid settlement money a decade ago, this would have *never* been an issue in the slightest. Stupid litigious twits.

The only drawback I can see in this agreement is that there won't be any "WWF" in the video games. Oh well - again, I'll take what I can get.

I know a number of you read Grantland, but if you do not:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...ing-heroes-affinity-harboring-heel-tendencies

The article reveals a lot of what's wrong with WWE writing, and why even though they brought back Lesnar, ratings are middlin' to down. Look at the lineup for SS, look who the faces and heels are (you may have to double check), and try to figure out why the faces are the faces - why are you, as a fan, supposed to cheer for them?

And I haven't even mentioned the other three biggest matches on the SummerSlam card. The aforementioned Daniel Bryan will be battling Kane, who, after months of terrorizing Cena and Randy Orton, became a good guy without much narrative effort a month ago. Dolph Ziggler will face off against Chris Jericho, who was an unrepentant villain until just a few weeks ago. And in the main event, WWE chief operating officer Triple H will take on NCAA champion wrestler turned pro wrestler turned UFC fighter turned pro wrestler Brock Lesnar in a match where the face-heel alignment is almost at odds with itself: Devil-may-care badass versus corporate suit is a story we've seen before in Austin vs. McMahon and Cena vs. John Laurinaitis, but this time we're supposed to boo Lesnar, the rebel, and root for Triple H, The Man. Even with help from his loathsome representative Paul Heyman, Lesnar is almost too badass to be bad, so this past Monday he crippled Shawn Michaels on Raw. Michaels is Triple H's buddy and probably the only universally beloved wrestler in recent memory. If anything could solidify Lesnar's villainy, this is it. After he beats the hell out of Triple H on Sunday, it will be interesting to see whether the crowd sympathizes with the COO's misery or the cage fighter's determination.

Sounds like WWE WrestleFest might be coming out at the end of the month for PSN and XBLA.

Achievement list:
http://www.exophase.com/game/wrestlefest-xbox-360/achievements/

If it's a port of the iOS game, I don't know if I'd pick it up. Watching it in action, I felt sad because it just didn't have the charm of the original arcade game. It ranks #2 in wrestling game disappointments behind the Fire Pro XBLA vaporware game using fucking Avatars.

[quote name='ced']If it's a port of the iOS game, I don't know if I'd pick it up. Watching it in action, I felt sad because it just didn't have the charm of the original arcade game. It ranks #2 in wrestling game disappointments behind the Fire Pro XBLA vaporware game using fucking Avatars.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for iOS. I'm on the fence on getting it, honestly. Seems like a physical controller fits the game better than my Cheetos fingers gliding across my iPod Touch.

Also, it was announced last month that the "Avatar FameStar" dealie that's in Full House Poker will be in the Fire Pro game. My expectations are low, but I know I'm still going to fucking buy it and fucking complain when I find out it's shit.

Just get the demo. It'll probably get you to come to your senses.

As for Wrestlefest, I too have at least some hope that the move to a controller will make it better. Then again, playing with an on-screen controller is probably the worst thing I've seen in gaming comtrol in years, so that's not saying much.

Punk is a fucking clown. It wasn't long ago that he proclaimed he was a big fan of Jim Norton, who jokes about pretty much any situation you can think of. He also was laughing his "skinny fat ass" off on Cabana's podcast when they discussed a weird angle where Colt was acting like he was going to rape a girl in the ring.

Way to tow the company line in front of TMZ though. What a rebel.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Interesting article about the original WWWF that Buddy Rogers had, but was never given to Bruno.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/thr...ship-wrestling-belt-discovered-new-york-attic[/QUOTE]

Probably for the best it got lost in an attic.

Honestly Bruno's belt:
movie-to-honor-wrestling-legend.jpg
is far more asthetically pleasing than Buddy Rogers's belt:
Belt.jpg
Also, it looks like they're kissing like grade school sweethearts on those sideplates...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ced']Probably for the best it got lost in an attic.

Honestly Bruno's belt:
movie-to-honor-wrestling-legend.jpg
is far more asthetically pleasing than Buddy Rogers's belt:
Belt.jpg
Also, it looks like they're kissing like grade school sweethearts on those sideplates...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back