The Kingdom Hearts II Thread! -*Possible Spoilers*

thanks for all the responses. I was wondering what was normal to be at when you get to the end of the game.

I'm about 12 1/2 hours in, Level 21 and I just finished Timeless River. Still having a blast with this game. I have a feeling I may put a lot of time into the game because of all the leveling up you can do for the summons and the drive forms.

[quote name='asianxcore']thanks for all the responses. I was wondering what was normal to be at when you get to the end of the game.

I'm about 12 1/2 hours in, Level 21 and I just finished Timeless River. Still having a blast with this game. I have a feeling I may put a lot of time into the game because of all the leveling up you can do for the summons and the drive forms.[/QUOTE]

I'm at level 50 on Proud Mode and at the very very end. I am fighting the final boss right now.

more questions,

1. After beating Argabah the first time I went to Twilight Town, Space Paranoids, and then Hollow Bastion. Ran into the roadblock which was Demynx. Is it too late to go back and try Halloween Town? Wasn't sure if I was supposed to go there after Argrabah.

2. Is the Ultima Weapon really important to have to finish the game? Also are there only 7 Orichalcum+ in the entire game?

[quote name='asianxcore']more questions,

1. After beating Argabah the first time I went to Twilight Town, Space Paranoids, and then Hollow Bastion. Ran into the roadblock which was Demynx. Is it too late to go back and try Halloween Town? Wasn't sure if I was supposed to go there after Argrabah.

2. Is the Ultima Weapon really important to have to finish the game? Also are there only 7 Orichalcum+ in the entire game?[/QUOTE]

1. You can still go back, for some reason they lock up during mid game, but you can get back to them. Although you have to do the Gummi Ship levels over again. But they don't open back up till after the events at Hollow Baistion.

2. No, I beat it without it the first time. I'm not sure about the Orichalcum+, but I don't think they're hard to miss. If you're haveing trouble finding materials to make Ultima Weapon, you can always get Fefnir, it's stronger than Ultima Weapon, but lacks a bit in magic. You get Fefnir when you beat Sephiroth, which is easier said than done.

[quote name='asianxcore']more questions,

2. Is the Ultima Weapon really important to have to finish the game? Also are there only 7 Orichalcum+ in the entire game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there are only 7 Orichalcum+ in the game. You have to use an Energy crystal to halve the amount of materials needed in the synthesis process. The energy crystals are dropped by shaman in the Pride Lands.

[quote name='whoknows']Hmmm....the secret ending was weird. The first thing I thought was..

OMG, POWER RANGERS!!!
[/quote]

I was going more with

OMFG, Millions of Kains!!! I smell an FF tie-in

Just beat the Pride Lands (revisited) and now I'm just spending some time leveling up at Pride Rock. I am just doing it normally and beating all the heartless at the top of that peak without the Gullwing. Yea it'll take longer but oh well, I'm not in a hurry to finish the game. I only have a couple more worlds to beat I think. My party is around Level 52/53, I'd like to sometime in the near future take on Sephiroth.

So my wife surprised me with this game for my birthday this weekend. I have never played the first game, and hadnt played a Square rpg since FFVII. Very interesting so far. I was bored at first, in the first couple hours, but the game picked up once I left Twilight town. To be honest I was gonna give up after the first 2-3 hours, but I played it longer cos I wanted the Wife to see that I was into the present she got me, and Im glad I did.

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']After beating Pride Lands the second time, equip Jackpot and Gullwing and go into critical health. Head to the Pride Rock Peak and you'll see those Bee Heartless everywhere, spam Magnega and gather all the MP Balls you can see. After all are defeated, simply exit the area and re-enter, they all instantly respawn.[/QUOTE]

I tried doing this last night after I beat Pride Lands second time, but I'm failing miserably. I think my magic is way too weak (in the low 30's) and it took me about 1/2 hour just to gain 3 levels. I get get the bees grouped together, but then after I dont kill enough to make the MP balls drop to refill my magic. I keep having to wait. I'm lvl 48 and on my way to second Space Paranoids...

Should I just give up for now, get to the last level and then try again when my magic is stronger? How can I power up my magic? I heard there was a synth recipe, but I don't have it yet...

[quote name='Puffa469']So my wife surprised me with this game for my birthday this weekend. I have never played the first game, and hadnt played a Square rpg since FFVII. Very interesting so far. I was bored at first, in the first couple hours, but the game picked up once I left Twilight town. To be honest I was gonna give up after the first 2-3 hours, but I played it longer cos I wanted the Wife to see that I was into the present she got me, and Im glad I did.[/QUOTE]
Good decision to keep playing, I was getting kinda bored also during the first couple of days with Roxas as the lead character. Eventually the action picked up and it was much better from there.

Finallly got around to beating the main storyline last night. About 32 hours at lvl 55.

If you are really into the story, I would suggest blocking off about a 3-4 hour time period and completing the final caslte at once. A LOT of plot happens once you enter Twighlight Town after your second run though the worlds, and I think it helps if you go through it all at once.

I beat the game last week. Clocking in at around 48-50 hours and Jiminy's Journal ending at 89%. My final level was 99, as I spent countless hours hacking and slashing at the Pride Lands. I didn't level up a lot of my forms and never acquired the final form.

The ending wasn't great, but the ending battle was fantastic. Loved every second of it. I saved right before the last boss so I will probably go back and try to level up all my different forms, hopefully getting the final form.

....and no I didn't beat Sephiroth :( so hard.

I really enjoyed this game, which is surprising to me because I absolutely hated the first game.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I was going more with

OMFG, Millions of Kains!!! I smell an FF tie-in
[/QUOTE]

That's what it really felt like to me. The very first thing I thought when the first armored guy popped on screen was "Holy crap, that's a Dragoon!". The art style of the three armored people was very Vana'diel and
Ivalice. (I'm unsure as to who they should be though. It seemed like the armor on one of them was a little feminine, and the three keyblades in the sand were obviously Sora's, Riku's and either Mickey's or Kairi's. That suggests to me that it's Sora, Riku and Kairi.) With any luck, we'll see a tie in to the FF games and not just to Disney worlds. (I'd love to hook up with Ramza, Agrias and all them to track down some Zodiac stones. And I think if they were to do a Chrono Trigger tie in, with Crono in the party as you beat down Lavos or Queen Zeal it might make me mess my pants.

In the good way. )

so I'm now going back and leveling up all my forms, so that I can hopefully take on Sephiroth. I've already leveled up my Master and Wisdom forms to Level 7, where is a good place to level up Valor and Final form?

[quote name='asianxcore']so I'm now going back and leveling up all my forms, so that I can hopefully take on Sephiroth. I've already leveled up my Master and Wisdom forms to Level 7, where is a good place to level up Valor and Final form?[/QUOTE]

Valor - This form is easy to level up, you get 1 exp for every hit, Just find some strong enimies in the "Land the Never Was" and attack away, when your drive meter is low, exit to the the world map, go back and it's refilled. Continue doing this, and that's all.

Final - Pretty much the same as above. You get 1 exp for every "Nobody" you defeat, so the last level is good for that. But I found a place where a bunch of tiny Nobodies appear on a bunch of steps. Look around, you'll find them, they're easy to kill.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Valor - This form is easy to level up, you get 1 exp for every hit, Just find some strong enimies in the "Land the Never Was" and attack away, when your drive meter is low, exit to the the world map, go back and it's refilled. Continue doing this, and that's all.

Final - Pretty much the same as above. You get 1 exp for every "Nobody" you defeat, so the last level is good for that. But I found a place where a bunch of tiny Nobodies appear on a bunch of steps. Look around, you'll find them, they're easy to kill.[/QUOTE]

thanks.

does anyone have any tips for the Hades Cup? I finally beat Sephiroth and I'm going to try the Hades Cup next to try and get the last keyblade.

bread's done
Back