The Kingdom Hearts II Thread! -*Possible Spoilers*

[quote name='Backlash']Not integral? It was in the first game... you had to use it every time you went somewhere new. But even that wasn't horrible. The worst part was finding secrets and figuring out how to get the hard-to-reach treasure chests and then just finding lame gummi pieces instead of treasure worth having.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing the game for about a week now and I'm happy to say:

the gummi ship sections are GREAT now!

Seriously, it feels just like a bastardised Panzer Dragoon shooter! Really fast paced and fun. And every stage is different with many different enemies and such.

I won't ruin anything about the game, but I will say that its INCREDIBLY fun and I'm about 13 hours in and only at level 21. Hoo ha.

Just to sum up the important stuff:

Confirmed Worlds:

Twilight Town
Hollow Bastion (Final Fantasy World)
Lion King
Nightmare Before Christmas (expanded to include Christmastown)
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
Hercules (expanded to include the Underworld)
Little Mermaid (now a musical level)
Pirates of the Caribbean
Steam Boat Willy
Winnie the Pooh
Disney Castle (as seen in cutscene in KH)
Tron
Deep Dive City

Confirmed Summons:

Stitch
Chicken Little
Peter Pan

Other Disney Story Tie-ins:

101 Dalmations are confirmed to be back
Sorcerer from Fantasia plays role in storyline
Witches from Sleeping Beauty play role in storyline
Pete (fat guy from Goof Troop) is a chief adversary

Mini-games added:

Tron bike-thingy
New Winnie the Pooh minigame
Revamped Gummi Ship

I can honestly say that the only two things that I'm disappointed with is the exclusion of Tarzan's world and Neverland. Monstro and Alice in Wonderland both sucked.

[quote name='Greetard']
Confirmed Summons:

Stitch
Chicken Little
Peter Pan
[/QUOTE]

Yuna, Rikku, and Paine make an appearance as little flying fairies (weird, I know), and many people have been saying that they are summons.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']SPOILER

isnt Mickey supposed to be evil in it?

SPOILer[/QUOTE]

No, but during certain boss fights, if Sora dies, Mickey can take over. He can't deliver the final blow to anyone, but freaking pwns. Eventually, you'll have to revive Sora though, or else you can't win.

[quote name='Greetard']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242696.asp

It's pushed back another 30 days. Disappointment ensues.[/QUOTE]
There has never been a concrete date for this game. The original date was just a placeholder. They wouldnt release this so close to Grandia III and they may or may not be adding additional content. Dont expect to see this till Summer or possibly early Fall.

to those of you who have imported and played this game. did they change the camera system for the battles, or is it the same as the first one?

T3h spoilage concerning drive forms..
Apparently when you take enough damage in a particular Drive form Sora turns into an anti-form of some sort..

Has there been any news on new additions for the US Version (keyblades, bosses, etc)???

I was considering trading my Japanese version in and importing the US one (to get the bits of the story that I didn't understand like the Ansem Reports and just because the game is FRIGGIN AMAZING), but if there's nothing new I guess I can wait for a deal...

[quote name='Greetard']The beginning and ending cutscenes are on youtube. I want to watch them, but at the same time, I refuse to.[/QUOTE]
The beggining movie doesn't show anything new really. Its like the summary of what happened in the GBA game and we see Roxas falling through some water. I, however, also refuse to watch the ending movie.

[quote name='asianxcore']to those of you who have imported and played this game. did they change the camera system for the battles, or is it the same as the first one?[/QUOTE]

Can anyone comment on whether they fixed the camera? Also, how are your sidekicks in this one (good, annoying, horrible, etc)?

I liked the first as much as anybody else, but you have to admit that the controls were garbage.

Did they tighten up the controls for the sequel at all?

[quote name='Backlash']Can anyone comment on whether they fixed the camera? Also, how are your sidekicks in this one (good, annoying, horrible, etc)?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='willardhaven']I liked the first as much as anybody else, but you have to admit that the controls were garbage.

Did they tighten up the controls for the sequel at all?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

[quote name='Backlash']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Considering 99% of the US won't have this until tommorrow, you're going to have to wait.

From what little I've played the controls and camera are pretty smooth. The reaction command is a nice addition and the camera feels a little tighter (turns slower, seems to stay fixed behind you)...

You guys think Target would have it already? Its pouring rain right now and I really don't want to go on a hunt for KH2 if tomorrow would be a better day.

[quote name='evanft']7.6 from IGN. WTF? http://ps2.ign.com/articles/698/698697p1.html[/QUOTE]

They have the same complaints others have had, namely Gamespot. That the game is VERY easy.... this is also disheatening:

For instance, I managed to make it completely through the game without using offensive magic ONCE.

. In KHII, you can literally pound the mini-bosses and main enemies into submission by hitting X over and over again. (It basacially says there is no reason whatsoever to dodge)

What's worse, you don't need to fear taking damage, because for the most part any destroyed enemies will drop enough health orbs to heal Sora back to full life

Unfortunately, the enemy difficulty level doesn't ramp up to meet Sora's ability, so after a while combat is simply reduced to a level grind.

Here is my favorite:

For instance, I placed the controller on my desk, lightly pressed X and had a conversation with a co-worker. Three minutes later, I'd cleared all of the opponents in a room and leveled up, without actively controlling the game. What's more, because the ability to button mash is so prevalent, boss fights take a fraction of the time. I timed every major fight that I had in this title, and most came out under the five-minute mark, including the final boss

More favorites:

One other hiccup with the worlds is that they feel incredibly small. Other worlds that you've already adventured in from the original are compressed even smaller, with Halloween Town and Atlantica as shadows of their former self.

Apparently the game also only has one secret boss, compared to the first games 3 or 4 that I can remember.

To anyone thats played the Japanese version, or might be far enough into the US version, is all this stuff true, or is IGN being really harsh? I don't remember the Japanese bashing this game like this, so did Square lower the difficulty for the US?

The thing that gets me is that he put the controller down, didn't even pay attention, and still won a battle.

They say that the difficulty level dosen't make a difference at all, as well.

My impressions after the intro portion of the game...

I'm playing through Proud Mode (Hard) and I died a number of times in the Dusk world leading up to the first boss (only takes 3 hits). The first boss also requires you to use Reaction moves to not get your ass torn up as do any enemies that offer them. Of the 3 enemy types I fought, 2 of them had attacks that once they started you needed to dodge as you couldn't attack until they were done. The 2nd boss fight is a pain as you're weak and he easily can outmanuver and counter. The 3rd fight was easier due to the circumstances of the battle, but the boss can still take chunks out of your health if you leave yourself open. I've only played 3 or so hours of the game so I can't comment on the overall difficulty or any of the feelings the reviewer had, but based on what I've played so far, the game seems like it is more of the same from KH, just highly polished and fixed up a bit...

Also, yes there is only 1 bonus boss fight, unfortunately...

Ouch @ the IGN score...still want to get this game though...problem is, I dont have any cash on me, and my dad doesnt either and he told me to take his credit card with me when I go to get it tomorrow...do employee's usually ask for ID or anything like that when using a credit card?

[quote name='whoknows']Ouch @ the IGN score...still want to get this game though...problem is, I dont have any cash on me, and my dad doesnt either and he told me to take his credit card with me when I go to get it tomorrow...do employee's usually ask for ID or anything like that when using a credit card?[/QUOTE]

There's a 50 / 50 chance.

wow, as many others have said surprising score from IGN.

I have my pre-sale at TRU, so I'm hoping they'll get it in sometime tomorrow, since it's my day off. I'm thinking of hitting up a couple different B&M stores just in case they didn't.

If the game is too easy on the default setting, couldn't they jsut, I don't know, switch to the harder difficulty?

Gamestop is utterly worthless... the game is already available at Best Buy, it won't be available at GS for "another few hours".

Already ordered it at BB for in-store pickup, just waiting for my confirmation now and then to go get my $5 back from GS :D

I can kind of see why they would make it easier - a lot of people criticized the first one for being too hard for "an obvious kid's game." I thought the diffifculty of the first one was just about perfect, though some of that resulted from the horrible horrible camera and less than stellar battle controls :(

bread's done
Back