184 (100%)
The Last of Us special editions announced

Survival Edition
(retail; $79.99)
8405446329_0d7a0a3984_c.jpg
-Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
-Steelbook case
-American Dreams #1 Comic
-Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop, Amazon

Post-Pandemic Edition
(retail; $159.99, exclusive to Gamestop)
8405446359_782c6b9a7b_c.jpg

-12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
-Steelbook case
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop

Ellie Edition
(retail; £64.98, [aprox. $103] UK only?)
LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg
-Canvas Wrap Packaging
-Mini Artbook
-Screen Print Effect Poster
-Ellie Dualshock 3 controller skin
-LittleBigPlanet Ellie sackboy costume
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
pre-order: GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if they are first checking the demand of this edition to determine how many to make. There is certainly plenty of time to make the statues........or is there?

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I tried to go in store and pre-order the Post-Pandemic Edition but they still aren't taking pre-orders in store so I came home and pre-ordered online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I went to the store today too. Sucks they can't order more when it's available online. They should also start a wait list. You have X days to pick up or the next person on the wait list gets a chance to buy it.

I'm not missing out on this one like I did with the Ultimate Loot Chest. It better be a damn good statue because you get a lot less content for more money compared to the ULC. For $160 it should have really come with the art book and then some.

[quote name='starmask2k3']They should have store pick up[/QUOTE]
With the size of the boxes these are coming in and the size of GS stores I'm not surprised they aren't taking any more in-store pre-orders.

Just ordered one on GS website, will have to sit on it, 160$ and it doesnt have stuff that comes with survival edition kinda wierd to me

[quote name='Madrocsz']Just ordered one on GS website, will have to sit on it, 160$ and it doesnt have stuff that comes with survival edition kinda wierd to me[/QUOTE]

the only thing not included is the artbook which you can purchase separately on amazon currently for $26 right now

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161655164X/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

the statue on the other hand will not be available anywhere else other than by purchasing the PPE through GS, once its gone, its gone for good

At 160+20~ for the artbook, the statue is basically $100. Somewhat tempting considering everything else on Project Triforce's website is a couple hundred and up. Just not sure about it's specs.

At first I was excited because of the products on triforce's website. Seeing all those high quality statues was a good indicator. Then I found out that triforce also made the max payne 3 statue and my excitement dropped. I do enjoy my mp3 statue but realized they (triforce) are capable of mass producing. Oh well......

[quote name='spicoli420']At first I was excited because of the products on triforce's website. Seeing all those high quality statues was a good indicator. Then I found out that triforce also made the max payne 3 statue and my excitement dropped. I do enjoy my mp3 statue but realized they (triforce) are capable of mass producing. Oh well......[/QUOTE]

well shit i didnt know that they created the max payne statue which was underwhelming, but this one does look more detailed in quality and being that its a new IP & GS exclusive i think it will hold its value over time

[quote name='Madrocsz']Just ordered one on GS website, will have to sit on it, 160$ and it doesnt have stuff that comes with survival edition kinda wierd to me[/QUOTE]

Annoying you can't do it in store since shipping could be a gamble but if I recall GS is usu pretty good about packing well

[quote name='prateeko']Annoying you can't do it in store since shipping could be a gamble but if I recall GS is usu pretty good about packing well[/QUOTE]

Not sure about big boxes, but my dark souls limited edition was busted up. It can't be worse than best buy when I ordered the big boxed limited edition of Skyrim. They just threw it in a large bag, much like a garbage bag, and slapped on some postage.

[quote name='spicoli420']At first I was excited because of the products on triforce's website. Seeing all those high quality statues was a good indicator. Then I found out that triforce also made the max payne 3 statue and my excitement dropped. I do enjoy my mp3 statue but realized they (triforce) are capable of mass producing. Oh well......[/QUOTE]

At first i was going to get for me self but now finding out they made the max payne statue my pre order just went out the door and I'll just wait.

For The people that are waiting for a price drop on the Gamestop one will be :cry: at the end and i will be :lol: when they try to buy off ebay for $500-$1000 because they want that statue

Officially sold out per PlayStation Twitter earlier today...

The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition has sold out! Survival Edition quantities are limited, don't wait: #preorder @Naughty_Dog

[quote name='PS3_44']Officially sold out per PlayStation Twitter earlier today...[/QUOTE]

I do see the message via twitter but its still available to order on gamestops website. I hope they release the amount.....

[quote name='PS3_44']Officially sold out per PlayStation Twitter earlier today...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Still up on Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, PS Twitter need to check the website before they tweet :D

EDIT: BTW, for GS vets, question: after I get the game, which I paid with my credit card, can I bring the receipt to a B&M and change the payment method to GS credit (and perhaps another credit card)? TIA.

Anyway, logic says after that they'll probably sell out soon on Gamestop.com, so for those on the fence, I'd suggest you order one now.

This way you prevent a Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition incident where you decide later you want one and go full-on panic mode about being able to find one somewhere.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyway, logic says after that they'll probably sell out soon on Gamestop.com, so for those on the fence, I'd suggest you order one now.

This way you prevent a Ni no Kuni Wizard's Edition incident where you decide later you want one and go full-on panic mode about being able to find one somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yep, after that incident I finally decided to get myself a CC to stop using my debit card for pre-orders. That way I can always decide later if I actually want it or not without having to hit myself for missing out.

This is still a tough buy for me though, I really don't need another statue, let alone a $100 one but I love ND and after seeing gameplay for this I am absolutely sold. We'll see what happens down the road. Place your orders guys!

OK, with the PPE sold out (or nearly there), I'm getting really nervous about Best Buy carrying the Survival Edition. I guess I can always go with Amazon, but I'd really rather get it from BBY for the $20 in RZ points...

[quote name='eXiON']Yep, after that incident I finally decided to get myself a CC to stop using my debit card for pre-orders. That way I can always decide later if I actually want it or not without having to hit myself for missing out.
[/QUOTE]
Congrats on getting a CC, having a CC makes life so much better.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, with the PPE sold out (or nearly there), I'm getting really nervous about Best Buy carrying the Survival Edition. I guess I can always go with Amazon, but I'd really rather get it from BBY for the $20 in RZ points...[/QUOTE]

Put in an order at Amazon and then cancel if Best Buy puts it up, that's what I'm doing.

[quote name='TooPoor']Congrats on getting a CC, having a CC makes life so much better.[/QUOTE]
Hah yeah, I'm so used to paying everything in cash but I really needed one to start building up my credit score.

...and to not miss out on certain games.

[quote name='jojojonny']learned my lesson from ni no kuni, pre-ordered a bit more in advance this time! couldn't get SAVER to work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me neither. But if you glance on the notes, iit mentions it expired on '12/31/12'.

Thanks. Been waiting. Of course this happened the day after I just went ahead and did a placeholder order on Amazon. Off to cancel that.....

[quote name='Anexanhume']Survival now up for pre-order at BBY.[/QUOTE]Thanks for the update! Now to cancel my Amazon placeholder order...

EDIT: Should we be concerned that the listing doesn't mention the steelbook at all? I doubt there'd be a version without the steelbook and this is likely BBY just being weird again, but still.

AFAIK Best Buy doesn't offer the $20 promo on any collector's edition, it's only good for the regular version.

Edit:

I stand corrected. You are supposed to get the $20 in rewards despite it not being listed on the game page.

[quote name='Methoes']I see the survival edition on BB doesn't net you the $20 RZ points. If you pre-order it... will you still get it the $20?[/QUOTE]
People have asked that same question concerning other games' CEs, including God of War: Ascension and Tomb Raider, and the "official" word (i.e., according to a Best Buy rep on the Best Buy forums) is that despite the $20 in RZ points not being displayed, you should still get them when buying collector's editions. If you don't get the points within 30 days after your purchase, you can easily PM a gaming rep on the Best Buy forums and they'll make sure you get the $20 in RZ points.

EDIT: [quote name='griffinup']AFAIK Best Buy doesn't offer the $20 promo on any collector's edition, it's only good for the regular version.[/QUOTE]Wrong, see above. The official pamphlet in stores detailing this promotion even specifies that collector's editions qualify.

Thanks for that post Vig. Might upgrade to unlocked before I buy this and the buying season goes into a craze with the new consoles launching.

It would have been awesome if they did some "post-order" promotion to go along with the theme of the Post-Pandemic Edition. Just kidding.

So i've got the post pandemic preordered and now contemplating a preorder at best buy for the survival because of that $20 credit. I want the book and can probably get $50 if I sell the game on amazon right away.

[quote name='spicoli420']So i've got the post pandemic preordered and now contemplating a preorder at best buy for the survival because of that $20 credit. I want the book and can probably get $50 if I sell the game on amazon right away.[/QUOTE]

You can buy the artbook separately on Amazon.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']You can buy the artbook separately on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know but buying the survival edition would be an attempt to get the book cheaper than $26. By selling the comic, game and any included dlc's I imagine I could get most of my money back after you factor in the $20 bb credit.

bread's done
Back