184 (100%)
The Last of Us special editions announced

Survival Edition
(retail; $79.99)
8405446329_0d7a0a3984_c.jpg
-Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
-Steelbook case
-American Dreams #1 Comic
-Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop, Amazon

Post-Pandemic Edition
(retail; $159.99, exclusive to Gamestop)
8405446359_782c6b9a7b_c.jpg

-12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
-Steelbook case
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop

Ellie Edition
(retail; £64.98, [aprox. $103] UK only?)
LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg
-Canvas Wrap Packaging
-Mini Artbook
-Screen Print Effect Poster
-Ellie Dualshock 3 controller skin
-LittleBigPlanet Ellie sackboy costume
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
pre-order: GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='red_devil32']limited edition is even worse, nowadays they just slap that on anything. The only thing that might be rare are those super expensive and with some really cool and unique item in there OR the ones that are ridiculous overpriced so they only produce enough for people who want it. The Post-Pandemic ed of this is probably one, average consumer find it ridiculous to pay $80 more for a little statue and without the art book.[/QUOTE]

One day, maybe, you'll allow yourself to become enlightened and start to have an understanding of which games have a higher chance of being limited prior to release.

At this point it's safe to say you're not there yet

[quote name='GBAstar']One day, maybe, you'll allow yourself to become enlightened and start to have an understanding of which games have a higher chance of being limited prior to release.

At this point it's safe to say you're not there yet[/QUOTE]

Seems like threads like this kinda come full circle every few pages with someone like this complaining about CEs, doesn't it. :D Let them figure it out.

[quote name='fac ownage']...i dint think this qualifies as a "deal." it's more like an advertisement...move to correct category please[/QUOTE]

So you just joined like yesterday and already believe it is your job to police the forums? This post has been up for at least a week and so far no mods have deemed it inappropriate and yet you swoop in to tell them how to do their job. Nice.

I will let someone else explain why this thread is ok to be in this forum.

[quote name='D.Choy']I understand your frustration but at the same time that's just how life is. We weigh our options and make decisions on what we see as important and place things that aren't as important lower on our priority list. I have a job as well and work the typical 8 am - 5 pm. You just have to choose a day where you can take 5 mins out of your day to place a preorder there. Granted it takes longer than 5 mins since you have to drive there and back, etc but you get what I mean. Also if your city is anything like mine you should be surrounded by multiple GameStops. Heck my mall has two GameStops in it. I had a feeling this one was going to go OoS fast so I preordered it right after getting off work.[/QUOTE]

My Gamestop is driving distance and we got hit with a lot of snow. The car was being used by another member of the household Tuesday-Thursday. Friday, I should have dropped in but someone needed a ride and I wasn't following the thread as closely as I should have to know it went out of stock online. I go in phases about how much time I spend on CAG and this is a time it didn't payoff.

These threads tend to have a fair amount of "you snooze you lose" taunting and excitement about flipping. I'm here looking for restocks and leads because I'm genuinely interested in having the statue for display. Being told "you just didn't want it enough lol" is a pain.

*That said I'm genuinely excited for the people who got in on it and are juiced about it. It's just that the rarity is not what draws me toward it, it's the quality. I've been hooked on these statues since my Infamous 2 Cole but got severely burned on buying a Max Payne limited day one. I was also a little shaky because I bought the Uncharted 3 collectors day one as well (and ended up having to superglue my Drake). That's what lulled me into a false sense of security about the timing for preorder.

this is more of an advertisement. How this falls under "video game deals" is beyond me. In fact this seems to be a major ripoff lol

Project Triforce statues are of higher quality and rarer than your typical mass-produced statue editions. Most of their statues seem to sell for more than the cost of the entire LE.

It looks like the Pandemic Edition is available again online and probably the same for in-store preorders.

Update
One member tried to preorder in-store and the employee said it was sold out.

[quote name='usagi']It looks like the Pandemic Edition is available again online and probably the same for in-store preorders.[/QUOTE]

If this is true, they probably got a more "firm" number on how many they are due to receive, so it has been reopened. Or this is just a ploy to drum up more preorders and to make customers think it's rarer than it appears. Either way, I wouldn't wait to long to place an order, they could be gone again tomorrow.

how's this considered a deal? It's just telling us that it's coming out and its MSRP - the same thing an advertisement does lulz:applause:

[quote name='usagi']It looks like the Pandemic Edition is available again online and probably the same for in-store preorders.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='fac ownage']how's this considered a deal? It's just telling us that it's coming out and its MSRP - the same thing an advertisement does lulz:applause:[/QUOTE]

Do you have a newsletter and how might I subscribe to hear your witty words of wisdom on a daily basis?

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Do you have a newsletter and how might I subscribe to hear your witty words of wisdom on a daily basis?[/QUOTE]

Yeah really. This guy is just going to go into every thread and say, "not a deal."

I went in store today to preorder but the employee there said it still sold out in store. Anyone else try preordering in-store?

[quote name='Gators300']Yeah really. This guy is just going to go into every thread and say, "not a deal."[/QUOTE]

He has a post before that one that disappeared, either deleted by him or a mod, saying near the same thing a couple minutes before the post quoted above. Some troll account created just for that purpose.

[quote name='chrislaustin']If this is true, they probably got a more "firm" number on how many they are due to receive, so it has been reopened. Or this is just a ploy to drum up more preorders and to make customers think it's rarer than it appears. Either way, I wouldn't wait to long to place an order, they could be gone again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it would be a ploy since it's so early in. People would just cancel their pre-orders.
[quote name='guynextshore']Expires 12/31/2012 when I tried to redeem, unfortunately :(.[/QUOTE]
Were you able to get free shipping anyway?

Anyway, thanks for the update, guys. I feel better after pre-ordering this than not given the recent shenanigans with other recent collector's editions.

[quote name='sadboy']I don't think it would be a ploy since it's so early in. People would just cancel their pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Your average gamer doesn't come here to flip and be conned in also, so that's a very paranoid statement. Also most people willing to spend $160 on a CE probably don't come here often.

That being said I'm locking one in. If it's "rare", I'm gonna regret missing out on that awesome statue. If not, I'll cancel and wait for a price drop.

[quote name='sadboy']I don't think it would be a ploy since it's so early in. People would just cancel their pre-orders.

Were you able to get free shipping anyway?

Anyway, thanks for the update, guys. I feel better after pre-ordering this than not given the recent shenanigans with other recent collector's editions.[/QUOTE]

I order one using saver and in the initial screen it shows that it does not apply to the order but when you go to shipping methods it gives you the free option. so it works

[quote name='JCrichton']From my experience, yup.[/QUOTE]
Thanks.
[quote name='hasturyo']I order one using saver and in the initial screen it shows that it does not apply to the order but when you go to shipping methods it gives you the free option. so it works[/QUOTE]
This.

EDIT: Locked a order with free shipping! Thanks CAGs. Hope this doesn't mess up my cash back though.

Gamestop doesn't charge your card until it ships, correct? Also, I was trying to add the rest of my trade credit, the card shows the amount I have but the order total doesn't change. Do they just take it off the total price when they ship it?

[quote name='hasturyo']I order one using saver and in the initial screen it shows that it does not apply to the order but when you go to shipping methods it gives you the free option. so it works[/QUOTE]
I'm curious whether guynextshore realized that.

[quote name='Omega_ZX']I went in store today to preorder but the employee there said it still sold out in store. Anyone else try preordering in-store?[/QUOTE]

I'm having the SO check after work.

I learned my lesson and locked in one online but hopefully stores open it up today or tomorrow.

Maybe they opened it up again, because people cancelled orders? Not sure, but it is a possibility. If they don't charge right away, if anyone wants these, I wouldn't wait. I'd pre-order online now just in case. At least get your pre-order in, and if they open it back up in stores down the road, you can always cancel the online order whenever you want. You have until May.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Maybe they opened it up again, because people cancelled orders? Not sure, but it is a possibility. If they don't charge right away, if anyone wants these, I wouldn't wait. I'd pre-order online now just in case. At least get your pre-order in, and if they open it back up in stores down the road, you can always cancel the online order whenever you want. You have until May.[/QUOTE]

Could be but if that's the case they'll be gone again by tomorrow. Like you say though LOCK IT IN NOW and you can cancel if you want or worst case return it later. Please don't wait and then complain when it's gone again.

[quote name='psihog']it's available for order again online[/QUOTE]

Strange. Anyone know if in store pre-orders open again as well?

[quote name='GodofGambler']In for one online order with SAVER code. Works great with Discover card or you can use Fatwallet. ^_^[/QUOTE]
How much is Fatwallet giving?

[quote name='Jrod87']I'm not finding the Survival Edition on BBY.com, am I blind?[/QUOTE]

Idk how many fingers do i have up and also order the last of us PPE on Gamestop.com if Gamestop store does the pre-orders again I may pre-order in the store

[quote name='NiiNJA']saver isn't working for me?[/QUOTE]

Ignore expiration date after enterring "SAVER" in promo code. Then checkout, shipping address, billing address, and there's a list of shipping option, you will find Value Shipping at $0.00 free!

The Last of Us Post-Pandemic Edition

$159.99

Ship this package to:

clear.gif

clear.gif

Subtotal:

clear.gif

$159.99

clear.gif

Estimated Tax:

clear.gif

$14.40

clear.gif

Handling:

clear.gif

$0.00

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Total:

clear.gif

$174.39

clear.gif

Shipping Method:
Value - $0.00

[quote name='TooPoor']How much is Fatwallet giving?[/QUOTE]

Discover gives you 5% when you login Discover website and click retailer "Gamestop" when shopping. You will need Discover card.

Probably 2.5% from Fatwallet.

Cash Back Amount
  • 1.0% Cash Back on Consoles and Select Electronics
  • 1.5% Cash Back on Downloadable Content and Points
  • 2.5% Cash Back on Most Items
Restrictions for Use
  • Gift Card Details: Cash Back not valid on gift card purchases or redemptions.
  • Cash Back not available on Notebooks, Laptops, or Tablets
  • Cash Back not available on Nintendo 3DS Cosmo Black w/ Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & $20 GameStop gift card bundle.

[quote name='tingram83']Just called GS and they are not pre-ordering L of U PPE at the store.[/QUOTE]

Just preorder online and you get some cashback through Discover or Fatwallet or some other cashback websites. Plus, that way, you can be sure you get the right order. And plus, free shipping! (I think free shipping is really what sold me. I can always cancel anway.)

[quote name='GodofGambler']Just preorder online and you get some cashback through Discover or Fatwallet or some other cashback websites. Plus, that way, you can be sure you get the right order. And plus, free shipping! (I think free shipping is really what sold me. I can always cancel anway.)[/QUOTE]

Is Fatwallet worth it?

[quote name='GodofGambler']Discover gives you 5% when you login Discover website and click retailer "Gamestop" when shopping. You will need Discover card.[/QUOTE]

The best part about Discover's cash back is that you can buy $50 GS giftcards for $45 (cash back dollars).

[quote name='starmask2k3']Idk how many fingers do i have up and also order the last of us PPE on Gamestop.com if Gamestop store does the pre-orders again I may pre-order in the store[/QUOTE]

I refuse to spend over $100 on a game. No thanks.

I tried to go in store and pre-order the Post-Pandemic Edition but they still aren't taking pre-orders in store so I came home and pre-ordered online.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']I tried to go in store and pre-order the Post-Pandemic Edition but they still aren't taking pre-orders in store so I came home and pre-ordered online.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's kinda weird how it sold out online in a day, was available in stores for a few days after that, and then it came back online.

I think they probably cut online pre-orders to see how many they'd need to ship to stores and then re-listed the remaining stock online. It probably is limited enough that they're taking some precautions.

bread's done
Back