184 (100%)
The Last of Us special editions announced

Survival Edition
(retail; $79.99)
8405446329_0d7a0a3984_c.jpg
-Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
-Steelbook case
-American Dreams #1 Comic
-Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop, Amazon

Post-Pandemic Edition
(retail; $159.99, exclusive to Gamestop)
8405446359_782c6b9a7b_c.jpg

-12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
-Steelbook case
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop

Ellie Edition
(retail; £64.98, [aprox. $103] UK only?)
LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg
-Canvas Wrap Packaging
-Mini Artbook
-Screen Print Effect Poster
-Ellie Dualshock 3 controller skin
-LittleBigPlanet Ellie sackboy costume
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
pre-order: GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Youngnoble']That makes no sence. It's easier for them to ship from the warehouse directly to the consumer. How many people order in-store and then don't pick it up. Something like this takes a lot of store space. Bestbuy doesn't even want CE's ordered in store anymore because of that.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it makes quite a bit of sense. Gamestop's online system allows people to do preorders for as many copies as they want for $0 down. When you preorder in store, you have to put $25 down. Yes, it's refundable, but it reduces speculators and people betting on a sell out for a quick Ebay flip. All those cancelled online orders at the last minute means stock sitting in a warehouse that will still have to be shipped out to stores or dropped in price to move. I suspect the information is accurate as I was at a GS location today and the manager said they hadn't received any notification to stop preorders on the Post Pandemic Edition and he mentioned that they already had three at just that location.

There online was limited to 3 orders. You could not order anymore even if you used a different account. You would need a different address and card. It is oos online and I expect it to disappear in store with in the week. In store you can order as many as like.

[quote name='Youngnoble']There online was limited to 3 orders. You could not order anymore even if you used a different account. You would need a different address and card. It is oos online and I expect it to disappear in store with in the week. In store you can order as many as like.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of resellers that have multiple credit cards and multiple shipping addresses. That aside, there are lots of people here that regularly preorder everything that pops up that could potentially sell out, just in case since Gamestop doesn't charge right away. That doesn't even count the hundreds or thousands more people out there on other sites and who never even post anywhere always doing the same thing. I suspect this will sell out in store, but it's not going to be by next week. I'd say it's got at least another few weeks, maybe longer as there hasn't even been much promo for it yet.

[quote name='Vulgarism']You people are hilarious with your stale jokes :rofl:[/QUOTE]

It's not a joke. They actually do that crap.

That said, gs is the only place that has the survival dlc that's found in the post-pandemic edition available to those who preorder.

[quote name='Headabovewater3']I am really looking forward to this game, but I'm not sure it warrants me buying the collector's edition..[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat, but it will be a day 1 purchase regardless

[quote name='Vulgarism']You people are hilarious with your stale jokes :rofl:[/QUOTE]

Its not a joke, its true. And their CS is a joke and no help at all when you try to call them on it.

[quote name='IzzyF3']It's not a joke. They actually do that crap.

That said, gs is the only place that has the survival dlc that's found in the post-pandemic edition available to those who preorder.[/QUOTE]

The only copy of a brand new release day game that was ever opened by gamestop was Deus Ex and that was the whole "take out the onlive voucher" debacle. They have never opened a brand new release day shipped game and "played it".

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']The only copy of a brand new release day game that was ever opened by gamestop was Deus Ex and that was the whole "take out the onlive voucher" debacle. They have never opened a brand new release day shipped game and "played it".[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Gamestop.com, you're correct. If you're talking about individual stores, that's not correct at all.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']The only copy of a brand new release day game that was ever opened by gamestop was Deus Ex and that was the whole "take out the onlive voucher" debacle. They have never opened a brand new release day shipped game and "played it".[/QUOTE]

They may not have played it, but my preordered release day Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition was opened with the slipcover ripped. They were 'generous' to give me a 10% discount when I asked, though.

[quote name='bojay1997']If you're talking about Gamestop.com, you're correct. If you're talking about individual stores, that's not correct at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='musha666']Thank god Amazon finally listed the SE on their site. I can finally cancel my GS order. For all I know they will send me an open already played copy of it and claim it is new.[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='9Tale']$80 for a statue at GameStop ahaha[/QUOTE]
What exactly is so funny? I collect statues (anime, video game), and $80 is a fairly average price for something of that quality. For people who just want the game, I understand why this wouldn't be a great buy. But for people into collectibles that 's a pretty good price.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I got burned with so many special editions in the past few years, I am going to wait for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

U talking about the Gamestop one if so it's not going to

Yeah, my friend just called me to tell me its out of the system in stores. He's the manager and didn't get an order in cause he thought it would last longer.

[quote name='shakespeare']Pre-orders have stopped in store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RainFall']Just called two Gamestops. Both said Pandemic edition in store preorders were pulled las tnight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Yeah, my friend just called me to tell me its out of the system in stores. He's the manager and didn't get an order in cause he thought it would last longer.[/QUOTE]Oh, well--I'll just have to be happy with my Survivor Edition from Best Buy...once they have a page up for it. :whistle2:#

Besides art book all you get is official soundtrack and psn avatars? Not even in game dlc?

And paying 100 for edition with statue is highway robbery. I'd rather own 3 vanilla games than one CE

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Besides art book all you get is official soundtrack and psn avatars? Not even in game dlc?

And paying 100 for edition with statue is highway robbery. I'd rather own 3 vanilla games than one CE[/QUOTE]
With the survival you get the preorder DLC as well as a steelbook case. In terms of paying for the statue, that is up to the buyer. You might see it as highway robbery while another person could love it. People in Japan pay way higher prices for a statue / figure and some people have crazy collections. Lets not even talk about how they price their video games, blu-rays, or anime.

I think if a person has extra disposable income then they can use it on whatever they like.

80 to 100 for a good quality statue is either the going price or a good deal in some cases. I've picked up a few from amazon and imported, so yeah. But again, its not for everyone, just like expensive CEs ;)

[quote name='YBX87']now the waiting game begins, to see how high the post-pandemic edition will actually be worth[/QUOTE]
I feel like the higher priced CEs are a harder sell on eBay. For one they already priced at a high premium; how much more is a buyer willing to shell out above that $160? I sold my Black Ops II Care Package for $225 w/ free shipping. That isn't much of a profit. The CEs that typically sell high are the ones priced at or around $100. Look at DOA5, MGS HD LE, Diablo III CE, Ni No Kuni CE, etc. The ones priced more reasonably tend to sell for 100% of the price and above.

[quote name='D.Choy']I feel like the higher priced CEs are a harder sell on eBay. For one they already priced at a high premium; how much more is a buyer willing to shell out above that $160? I sold my Black Ops II Care Package for $225 w/ free shipping. That isn't much of a profit. The CEs that typically sell high are the ones priced at or around $100. Look at DOA5, MGS HD LE, Diablo III CE, Ni No Kuni CE, etc. The ones priced more reasonably tend to sell for 100% of the price and above.[/QUOTE]

I really think it will sell to at least double the price if they improve their marketing campaign for the game. Then regarding the collectors edition price well that is just luck I remember a few care packages going for 300 dlls. Just look at the dead space 3 Dev kit add on is going for 250.00 and that is just a box with extras

I want to see the quality of the statue up close. Unboxing video or whatever. We all know this game is going to OWN! (sorry I don't normally use that word)

In case anyone is wondering, Project Triforce has confirmed that they will not be selling the statue separately. There was some speculation that they might since The Last of Us is listed as "Coming Soon" on their website, suggesting they are potentially working on other items. So it looks like the Post-Pandemic Edition is the only way to get this particular statue.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shakespeare']Pre-orders have stopped in store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RainFall']Just called two Gamestops. Both said Pandemic edition in store preorders were pulled las tnight.[/QUOTE]

And so begins the pandemic of "WTF, this is sold out already!?". I'm surprised they sold out online so fast...

[quote name='Vinny']And so begins the pandemic of "WTF, this is sold out already!?". I'm surprised they sold out online so fast...[/QUOTE]

and "Damn resellers bought all of them for eBay.."

I planned on going in tomorrow for my preorder. I am super surprised at how fast that went, I just have to keep an eye out for Best Buy then!

[quote name='BrolyB593']I planned on going in tomorrow for my preorder. I am super surprised at how fast that went, I just have to keep an eye out for Best Buy then![/QUOTE]

It's a Gamestop exclusive so BB won't be getting any.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']It's a Gamestop exclusive so BB won't be getting any.[/QUOTE]

Yup. the Post Pandemic edition is GS exclusive. The Survival Edition is for every retailer.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']It's a Gamestop exclusive so BB won't be getting any.[/QUOTE]

I wanted the Survival Edition, I know the Post Pandemic is GS only.

I thought both were sold out at Gamestop, correct?

[quote name='BrolyB593']I wanted the Survival Edition, I know the Post Pandemic is GS only.

I thought both were sold out at Gamestop, correct?[/QUOTE]

Nope, just the Post Pandemic Edition is sold out at GS.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Nope, just the Post Pandemic Edition is sold out at GS.[/QUOTE]

Oh! Well hooray for misreading then hahah.

I wanted the artbook. If it were included in the PPE version I would be tempted but I would gladly drop $20 on the book.

Will it be possible that all PPE preorders will be canceled and not get released at all? Kinda odd (at least to me) that they are not anymore taking PPE preorders when that is still 5 months away from being released. I thought GS wants money...

EDIT: And why does the PPE has no artbook, c'mon man..

More likely that they are figuring out an allocation system and then more will pop up. I'd be real surprised if there was no other opportunity to buy these in the next five months.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I'm pretty pumped about this game... and I don't even own a PS3![/QUOTE]
This. LOL

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']More likely that they are figuring out an allocation system and then more will pop up. I'd be real surprised if there was no other opportunity to buy these in the next five months.[/QUOTE]
Doubtful. The Loot Chest went OoS in the same amount of time. If anything I bet Triforce said we can probably make XX amount. GS then throws up preorders and if they all get allocated then that's that. I'm sure that if GS didn't sell as many as the estimated allocation than Triforce would lower the amount they produce.

It's basically the same situation with the Loot Chest. Those sold out extremely fast and people wondered why they couldn't allocate more. There are factory limitations and timing issues. It isn't as simple as "oh more people want it, we should continue making them." Businesses need to worry about the liabilities and the costs of these transactions. They need to calculate bad debt and assume some of these preorders won't be sold. In that sense the preorders that people don't pick up are the extra units that can be sold to the general public.

Let's say that Triforce can only make 50,000 statues. If they get that many preorders then I see no reason for them to open more preorders. They probably have already calculated profit margins with an ideal number of statues they look to sell. I am sure they have economists on their financial team that look for the optimum selling point for supply and demand where they can reap the most profits. Even though the game is 5 months away they need to ensure that they can make enough statues before May and that means that they need to allocate the preorders to how many they can make. They also have to factor in costs and labor. If they overproduce then they will run the risk of paying out of their own pockets. With all that being said, no business wants their items to be on clearance. If items end up on clearance it's a loss for the company.

In the case of TL; DR, I don't see it being opened for more preorders.

[quote name='D.Choy']Doubtful. The Loot Chest went OoS in the same amount of time. If anything I bet Triforce said we can probably make XX amount. GS then throws up preorders and if they all get allocated then that's that. I'm sure that if GS didn't sell as many as the estimated allocation than Triforce would lower the amount they produce.

It's basically the same situation with the Loot Chest. Those sold out extremely fast and people wondered why they couldn't allocate more. There are factory limitations and timing issues. It isn't as simple as "oh more people want it, we should continue making them." Businesses need to worry about the liabilities and the costs of these transactions. They need to calculate bad debt and assume some of these preorders won't be sold. In that sense the preorders that people don't pick up are the extra units that can be sold to the general public.

Let's say that Triforce can only make 50,000 statues. If they get that many preorders then I see no reason for them to open more preorders. They probably have already calculated profit margins with an ideal number of statues they look to sell. I am sure they have economists on their financial team that look for the optimum selling point for supply and demand where they can reap the most profits. Even though the game is 5 months away they need to ensure that they can make enough statues before May and that means that they need to allocate the preorders to how many they can make. They also have to factor in costs and labor. If they overproduce then they will run the risk of paying out of their own pockets. With all that being said, no business wants their items to be on clearance. If items end up on clearance it's a loss for the company.

In the case of TL; DR, I don't see it being opened for more preorders.[/QUOTE]

Good reply! I would love to know the amount of units planned. How many allowed per location? For those that work at gamestop, is there a way for you to check the amount pre-ordered at your location? With just under 4500 locations in the US, I can't imagine there were a larger amount of these babies. Especially when you factor in how quick the webiste went oos.

Wish I would have gone in store to grab another but at least I got the one online order. I knew about the project triforce site showing The Last Of Us as "coming soon" and thought that they would be selling these statues individually. Apparently not.

Posted by a naughty dog employee on their forum. If true, that's less then 20,000 printed.

Well I know the production numbers (but obviously I can't share- but they are very low) and there is now way that they could sustain even 5 orders per store (at 4000 stores)

[quote name='Youngnoble']Posted by a naughty dog employee on their forum. If true, that's less then 20,000 printed.

Well I know the production numbers (but obviously I can't share- but they are very low) and there is now way that they could sustain even 5 orders per store (at 4000 stores)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this info. I guess my business degree actually taught me something useful. :p

If you go by project triforce's website, and look at their other past and current statues and collectables, 200 retail value on this statue is really low. Most of their items go for 350 to 800. And very low production numbers too.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Posted by a naughty dog employee on their forum. If true, that's less then 20,000 printed.

Well I know the production numbers (but obviously I can't share- but they are very low) and there is now way that they could sustain even 5 orders per store (at 4000 stores)[/QUOTE]

I preordered 2!

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']If you go by project triforce's website, and look at their other past and current statues and collectables, 200 retail value on this statue is really low. Most of their items go for 350 to 800. And very low production numbers too.[/QUOTE]

$650 Darksiders 2 statue is 32" high, 20lb with LED lights. last of us statue is only 12". I think it's worth the price if quality is as good as rest of their items.

I dont understand your post. What was posted by a ND employee? And yeah Arne on gaf also said they're "very limited".

[quote name='psihog']$650 Darksiders 2 statue is 32" high, 20lb with LED lights. last of us statue is only 12". I think it's worth the price if quality is as good as rest of their items.[/QUOTE]

Even the mass effect gun replicas are 400 and they are around the same size wise as a 12" tall statue. Just stating that their items are high end shit, no reason to go into number crunch mode bro :D

bread's done
Back