184 (100%)
The Last of Us special editions announced

Survival Edition
(retail; $79.99)
8405446329_0d7a0a3984_c.jpg
-Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
-Steelbook case
-American Dreams #1 Comic
-Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop, Amazon

Post-Pandemic Edition
(retail; $159.99, exclusive to Gamestop)
8405446359_782c6b9a7b_c.jpg

-12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
-Steelbook case
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop

Ellie Edition
(retail; £64.98, [aprox. $103] UK only?)
LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg
-Canvas Wrap Packaging
-Mini Artbook
-Screen Print Effect Poster
-Ellie Dualshock 3 controller skin
-LittleBigPlanet Ellie sackboy costume
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
pre-order: GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Izod517']Standard CE Thread Summary:

1. Post at retail price.
2. Someone says "not a deal."
3. Someone says it's too expensive.
4. Someone says they're all over it.
5. Someone says the additions are stupid and cheap.
6. Someone laughs about "collecting" video games.
7. Someone says they'll wait till it's $X on clearance.
8. Debate ensues of 'collectibility'/rarity of item and if it will ever be on clearance and there is generally a reference to a single instance of a CE version's price skyrocketing for X random game.
9. No one wins and CAG moves on to other deals, while people continue to a bump the thread needlessly in regards to the debate or things like shipping notifications, etc.

Side note: I am super pumped about this game.[/QUOTE]

I'd say CheapyD wins with click thru money....

And what's good for the site is good for us

[quote name='Izod517']Standard CE Thread Summary:

1. Post at retail price.
2. Someone says "not a deal."
3. Someone says it's too expensive.
4. Someone says they're all over it.
5. Someone says the additions are stupid and cheap.
6. Someone laughs about "collecting" video games.
7. Someone says they'll wait till it's $X on clearance.
8. Debate ensues of 'collectibility'/rarity of item and if it will ever be on clearance and there is generally a reference to a single instance of a CE version's price skyrocketing for X random game.
9. No one wins and CAG moves on to other deals, while people continue to a bump the thread needlessly in regards to the debate or things like shipping notifications, etc.

Side note: I am super pumped about this game.[/QUOTE]

:bow:

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd say CheapyD wins with click thru money....

And what's good for the site is good for us[/QUOTE]

Aye, {True Strike}

just got back from gamestop successful pre order! Guy behind the counter said he was doing the same thing once his shift ended. Glad to get in on this if it does indeed have a super low production.

Just ordered the Survival Edition online. If anyone needs it, using code SAVER gives you free shipping using the Value method (5-10 business days).

[quote name='Tarskidx']That was a pretty funny post. The same people that will get mad that you have to put down $25 on this very rare collectible edition that the reputable company Naughty Dog said will be extremely rare will not hesitate to give a crook in China $20 just to gamble with a .000001% chance of landing a PS Vita COD Bundle. If not, they will deal with eBay buyer protection for a few weeks. They have a better chance of running into Manti Te'o girlfriend than having that person deliver on the Vita.

This game looks to be a very strong candidate for GOTY and was one of the show stealers at E3. Naughty Dog is an amazing company and this could be the start of a brand new AAA franchise like Uncharted. If they said this was extremely limited, that is good enough for me. The pre-order was already sold out online and ND said it would ONLY be available in the U.S. and at Gamestop and extremely limited, so that screams rarity to me. I missed out on Dead Space Ultra Edition and the Kingdoms of Amalur Signature Edition and will never be able to get an Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter's edition, but I am glad that I was able to get this edition.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, Naughty Dog also said that the UC3 limited edition was "very limited" and look how that turned out.

I think that this edition might actually be limited on the basis that it's a GS exclusive and it's arguably one of THE most highly anticipated games of the year. Let's see how it does.

[quote name='kyrhon']To be fair, Naughty Dog also said that the UC3 limited edition was "very limited" and look how that turned out.

I think that this edition might actually be limited on the basis that it's a GS exclusive and it's arguably one of THE most highly anticipated games of the year. Let's see how it does.[/QUOTE]

Nothing guarantees that a game will become limited or rare (unless a print number is released) but things that helped have already been outlined numerous times in this thread.

They are

1) Being a new IP

2) Being retailer Specific

3) Being console Specific

^ This happens to be all three.

I don't doubt that Gamestop at some point allocates more inventory to GS.com but I don't think you'll see discounts on this and I don't think you will find inventory past maybe the first few days when people don't pick up their preorders.

[quote name='GBAstar']Nothing guarantees that a game will become limited or rare (unless a print number is released) but things that helped have already been outlined numerous times in this thread.

They are

1) Being a new IP

I don't doubt that Gamestop at some point allocates more inventory to GS.com but I don't think you'll see discounts on this and I don't think you will find inventory past maybe the first few days when people don't pick up their preorders.[/QUOTE]

We can also say it is geographic specific because it is only Gamestop in the U.S. and not North America so even Canada and Mexico are left out.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd say CheapyD wins with click thru money....

And what's good for the site is good for us[/QUOTE]

CheapyD is a rich mofo now. :)

[quote name='Tarskidx']We can also say it is geographic specific because it is only Gamestop in the U.S. and not North America so even Canada and Mexico are left out.[/QUOTE]

That is certainly true too. And being that it is region free because it is a PS3 game it will have outside demand as well from importers

[quote name='GBAstar']Nothing guarantees that a game will become limited or rare (unless a print number is released) but things that helped have already been outlined numerous times in this thread.

They are

1) Being a new IP

I don't doubt that Gamestop at some point allocates more inventory to GS.com but I don't think you'll see discounts on this and I don't think you will find inventory past maybe the first few days when people don't pick up their preorders.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I hope I didn't come off as saying that I DON'T think it will be limited. I actually do think it'll be sought after and actually retain value (unlike most CEs).

I'm looking forward to what will happen as the days go by. I hope most of us CAGs were able to put some orders in before it died on GS.com.

Really hope for some kind of ost incentive for the survival edition, I was really digging the music in the trailer.
Woops didn't see it there in the DLC pack. I'm going to go pre-order tomorrow.

If my local Gamestop does a midnight for this, I will be there. My GS does not normally do this for brand new IPs as it is all about Madden, GTA, COD, AC, etc....or anything that sells a bazillion copies.

[quote name='GBAstar']That is certainly true too. And being that it is region free because it is a PS3 game it will have outside demand as well from importers[/QUOTE]

Exactly and that is why these people are selling them on eBay already because they are offering it to anyone worldwide to make a quick buck.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Exactly and that is why these people are selling them on eBay already because they are offering it to anyone worldwide to make a quick buck.[/QUOTE]
i saw the ebay listings, some are charging $300, crazy LOL

Hi all,

Would anyone mind pre-ordering a post pandemic edition for The Last of Us ,I can pay in advance for the shipping and the game , I 'd really appreciate if someone can pre-order a copy for me , I'll be looking forward to your DM and you can send me you paypal info and I will pay in advance

Crossed fingers, I heard that store still has pre-orders in stock, I'm in Vancouver Canada and we are not getting the Post Pandemic Edition :(

Thank you so much and please contact me via DM if you could do a favor to this fellow gamer

So glad I got a pre-order in for this today. I was a bit antsy last night after learning of the Post-Pandemic selling out on their website. And since gamestop isn't Digital River :lol: (Too soon?) I won't have to worry about not getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']So glad I got a pre-order in for this today. I was a bit antsy last night after learning of the sell out of the Post-Pandemic selling out on their website. And since gamestop isn't Digital River :lol: (Too soon?) I won't have to worry about not getting it.[/QUOTE]

Oh boy. A new avatar!

Ugh. That Digital Rivers debacle... I'll never get my hands on a WE. Unless maybe maybe you lowball yours someday. :lol:

[quote name='Izod517']Aye, {True Strike}[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tommythethumb']Always nice to see a random FFXI reference[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nogib']Oh god, thank you FFXI auto translate lol. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm glad there were people to catch that. As I was doing the formatting I was wondering if it would be lost.

Hmm...I guess I'll see if I can preorder the Post-Pandemic Edition when I can next stop at a GS (Saturday). If I can, goodie; if I can't, oh well, I'll be happy with my Survival Edition from Best Buy (which I'll be getting either way).

[quote name='tsa4lyfe']Going to try to pre-order the Post Pandemic Edition tomorrow! Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they're still available tomorrow. I want to pre-order one tomorrow myself, im just praying that they are still available!

I freaked out when I saw that the Post-Pandemic Edition went OOS online last night so I went to my nearest GameStop as soon as they opened and got an order in. I didn't think it would sell out so quickly online.

I ordered the SE today and it required $25 deposit. I'm not paying $150 on a survival horror game that I'll probably beat in 10-15 hours when the only difference between the two is essentially a statue.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I ordered the SE today and it required $25 deposit. I'm not paying $150 on a survival horror game that I'll probably beat in 10-15 hours when the only difference between the two is essentially a statue.[/QUOTE]

But its a pretty sexy statue ;) That aside, I plan to just buy the art book separately along with the pandemic edition. Looks to be the only game in May I'll be purchasing.

[quote name='TooPoor']All this rare talk is making me want to get one. I wasn't even considering before, damn you CAGs.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='TooPoor']All this rare talk is making me want to get one. I wasn't even considering before, damn you CAGs.[/QUOTE]

I think that's the only reason anyone wants it now...

Glad I got an order in on Gamestop.com the other day when they were available.

Was feeling a little silly for paying that price...but now seeing that they may actually be limited? (I feel a bit better.)

[quote name='Vinny']I think that's the only reason anyone wants it now...[/QUOTE]

I want it because I am stoked for the game and of course my love of CE's. I think it is an early frontrunner for GOTY 2013 from the previews.

I like the statue and very excited for the game. I don't really care if they make 1 of it, or 3 million. I play games to play them and enjoy the shit that comes with them ;)

I have no idea why so many companies push out video game statues, to me they have always just been tacky much like hanging up posters or beds without frames and headboards.

But tempted by the steel case version if the game is anything like Uncharted.

Thank god Amazon finally listed the SE on their site. I can finally cancel my GS order. For all I know they will send me an open already played copy of it and claim it is new.

[quote name='musha666']Thank god Amazon finally listed the SE on their site. I can finally cancel my GS order. For all I know they will send me an open already played copy of it and claim it is new.[/QUOTE]

You people are hilarious with your stale jokes :rofl:

Talke to gamestop manager and he told me its not sold out online but instead they want people to reserve in the store to make it easier to ship and keep track of orders. Not sure if that makes sense.

[quote name='jam8611']Talke to gamestop manager and he told me its not sold out online but instead they want people to reserve in the store to make it easier to ship and keep track of orders. Not sure if that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

That makes no sence. It's easier for them to ship from the warehouse directly to the consumer. How many people order in-store and then don't pick it up. Something like this takes a lot of store space. Bestbuy doesn't even want CE's ordered in store anymore because of that.

bread's done
Back