184 (100%)
The Last of Us special editions announced

Survival Edition
(retail; $79.99)
8405446329_0d7a0a3984_c.jpg
-Hardcover Artbook (170 pages)
-Steelbook case
-American Dreams #1 Comic
-Sight & Sounds DLC Pack (OST, dynamic theme, PSN avatars of Joel and Ellie)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop, Amazon

Post-Pandemic Edition
(retail; $159.99, exclusive to Gamestop)
8405446359_782c6b9a7b_c.jpg

-12" Premium Statue by Project Triforce
-Steelbook case
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
-Naughty Dog sticker sheet
pre-order: Gamestop

Ellie Edition
(retail; £64.98, [aprox. $103] UK only?)
LastOfUsEllieEditionPS3.jpg
-Canvas Wrap Packaging
-Mini Artbook
-Screen Print Effect Poster
-Ellie Dualshock 3 controller skin
-LittleBigPlanet Ellie sackboy costume
-Survival DLC Pack (Multiplayer bonuses, Bonus Joel & Ellie skins)
pre-order: GAME

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rohitman']Just a heads up - Amazon is offering the Sights & Sound DLC as a preorder bonus. That took the wind out of the SE for me. While I'm sure Naughty Dog will do great with this one I'm not inclined to plunk down the cash for a collectors edition of a new series (or I'm just coming up for excuses to save the money).[/QUOTE]
Everyone is. They're just including it on the list so there's no confusion to whether you get it still.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did the Post Pandemic Edition sell out already? It's no longer available to order online.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Youngnoble']Yep it's gone. Glad I ordered right away.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit... I didn't see that coming. I'd think they'd produce some more if it sold out this fast.

[quote name='Vinny']Holy shit... I didn't see that coming. I'd think they'd produce some more if it sold out this fast.[/QUOTE]

Well they did say it was very exclusive but they throw those words around all the time so you never really know for sure. I had every intention of pre-ordering but I couldn't make it to GS and didn't want to pay in full online. So here's hoping I can do so tomorrow.

If you want this you better go order in store now. It will be cut off probably by tomorrow morning. I called and pre-orders are still open as of now. Maybe the talk of the statue being worth $200 was true. That's the only reason I see for them making it this limited.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Well they did say it was very exclusive but they throw those words around all the time so you never really know for sure. I had every intention of pre-ordering but I couldn't make it to GS and didn't want to pay in full online. So here's hoping I can do so tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop.com doesn't charge you on pre-orders. No pending charge either.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']What for the post pandemic, the SE or both?[/QUOTE]

Post Pandemic is the only one sold out online. SE is still showing available.

[quote name='Jodou']Everyone is. They're just including it on the list so there's no confusion to whether you get it still.[/QUOTE]
Are you sure? I checked Best Buy and Target and didn't see it listed when I posted. Gamestop has it along with the other Multiplayer advantage DLC...

Holy crap thank you all so much for this post!

I know everyone hates the MSRP announcement posts on different game editions being on the video game deals page, but this post really helped. I just called my friend at my Gamestop and he just ordered a Pandemic Edition for me before the register closed at 9PM. I couldn't even get to the store before it closed and he took care of me over the phone. He did not even hear about this specific edition and it flew under the radar with no promotional store material or corporate emails. I told him it already sold out online and he did some research to verify. I believe this may be the quickest sellout of a collector's edition pre-order window as Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Edition had about a one week pre-order window. I know some were available after the game was released, but you were not able to pre-order any more. This edition had like a 1 or 2 day window at best as I was on Gamestop on Monday and did not see this. My friend believes that the stores may not take any pre-orders after tonight just as some people on this forum speculated. Thank you as I believe that I truly got a rare find here.

Wow, this is crazy, for a new ip . THis sure went fast, i remember seeing the announcement just yesterday

If it gets closer to the launch and the game gets bad reviews, I can always cancel, but it is better to have that option now. I am not trying to compare, but I just remember the original Dead Space Ultra Edition and I did not jump on it because it was a new IP. I regret that as much as not buying a couple copies of The Walking Dead issue #1 that I had a chance to do back in the day. LOL

Seeing that this game is from highly respected Naughty Dog, I think I can feel safe on investing in this rare edition of the game. Hopefully this will be more on the coveted side of Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter and not Uncharted 3 CE for my collection.

[quote name='Youngnoble']If you want this you better go order in store now. It will be cut off probably by tomorrow morning. I called and pre-orders are still open as of now. Maybe the talk of the statue being worth $200 was true. That's the only reason I see for them making it this limited.[/QUOTE]

I doubt GS would sell something that they're losing money on... $200 might have been the retail price if the statue was sold through that company's website, but I doubt it cost more than $50 to make.

I'd imagine that stores will probably have it for a few more days before they're cut off though. That's often the case with pre-orders that sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Youngnoble']I found this.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ndemic-edition-is-gamestop-and-usa-exclusive/

The fact that this edition is exclusive to GameStop is only because the edition is so limited in quantity that we weren’t able to offer them to our other retail partners as well.

Here is the game exclusive Ellie version. I have a feeling this will sell out as well.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-last-o...e=20&searchTerm=The Last of Us: Ellie Edition
[/QUOTE]

not going lie i want the Ellie version now

[quote name='Youngnoble']I found this.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ndemic-edition-is-gamestop-and-usa-exclusive/

The fact that this edition is exclusive to GameStop is only because the edition is so limited in quantity that we weren’t able to offer them to our other retail partners as well.

Here is the game exclusive Ellie version. I have a feeling this will sell out as well.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-last-o...e=20&searchTerm=The Last of Us: Ellie Edition
[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. I'm hope my pre-order gets filled then.

Those look really nice... but that Ellie Edition comes in at $100.

[quote name='Youngnoble']Gamestop.com doesn't charge you on pre-orders. No pending charge either.[/QUOTE]

Really? I wish I knew that before. A few have already popped up on eBay for almost double the price of course. I'm going to try my luck tomorrow but I have a feeling this might turn out to be like the Loot Chest Edition for me again. Damn.

[quote name='Vinny']
I'd imagine that stores will probably have it for a few more days before they're cut off though. That's often the case with pre-orders that sell out.[/QUOTE]

I can't remember a time when GS cut off online pre-orders but continued to take pre-orders in their stores. Occasionally it's the other way around where the stores sell out and online continues for a few days, but typically once GS.com stops, that's it for pre-orders. I really hope you're right though because I would have never expected it to go this fast.

I was just in a GS tonight preordering the Survival Edition! They seemed to the think the other edition was better. I'll go by in the morning and see what's up. Too funny it sells out, and I was actually in the store!

[quote name='winterlane']I can't remember a time when GS cut off online pre-orders but continued to take pre-orders in their stores. Occasionally it's the other way around where the stores sell out and online continues for a few days, but typically once GS.com stops, that's it for pre-orders. I really hope you're right though because I would have never expected it to go this fast.[/QUOTE]

I might be confusing myself on this, but I think Fire Emblem Awakening sold out online on the 21st and my store took pre-orders until yesterday 22nd... according to what I found out today, while I was there.

But now that I think about it, you're probably right. These stores are so cramped that they probably wouldn't have room for this... makes sense that they'd keep a larger allocation for online (meaning stores would sell out first).

I just got back from preordering two more Post-Pandemic Edition with my friend who also got two more. The employees were also surprised that the online store is sold out.

fuck me. I was just in store earlier tonight to finally pick up my Ni No Kuni and was asked if I wanted to pre-order. Guess I know where I am going when they open tomorrow. Hopefully they didn't cut this off in store or I will be pissed

LOL @ the poster who compared the supply/demand to Ninja Gaiden

Edit: But on another note I'm curious as to why certain CE's sell out so quickly after being announced. It is very likely that most of the gaming population weren't even aware this was up for preorder so I would have to guess that a small percentage of people go around gobbling up the allotment.

There are normally no limits to how many CEs you pre-order in store as long as you put down the $25 for the CE or $50 for the new consoles. In the times they do restrict the numbers, you can just go to the next store as they run independently from one another in regards to pre-orders. Online they usually limit these to two per order, but they don't pre-charge your card so that works to your advantage. You could also bypass this and have a second address or use a friend or loved ones address for another order. However, if they do not set a limit to how many you can pre-order online, then everyone would just order as many as they want with not a care in the world and exhaust all of GS or Amazon's inventory. Then the people could simply not pick up and those CEs could have gone to someone that really did want the CE.

from the look of it, the surivial edition is the one that is going to end up in the clearance bin for $30 or less. If preorder for the post-pandemic edition had really stopped. LOL

[quote name='YBX87']from the look of it, the surivial edition is the one that is going to end up in the clearance bin for $30 or less. If preorder for the post-pandemic edition had really stopped. LOL[/QUOTE]

:roll: It's just not going to happen. Last Of Us. Steelbook. 170+ page hardcover full size artbook. For $20 more than the standard edition. Buy it while you can if you have any interest would be my advice.

[quote name='ShockandAww']:roll: It's just not going to happen. Last Of Us. Steelbook. 170+ page hardcover full size artbook. For $20 more than the standard edition. Buy it while you can if you have any interest would be my advice.[/QUOTE]

i will wait for that $30 in the clearance sale, lol

[quote name='YBX87']i will wait for that $30 in the clearance sale, lol[/QUOTE]

Well just for you I hope you're right so you can get it for $30. I don't think it'll happen. At all. In fact if you find it for $30 show me a receipt and I'll pay you back for it so you get it free.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Well just for you I hope you're right so you can get it for $30. I don't think it'll happen. At all. In fact if you find it for $30 show me a receipt and I'll pay you back for it so you get it free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well I plan on getting the Pandemic version for $30 on clearance....

FROM TARGET :roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']Yeah well I plan on getting the Pandemic version for $30 on clearance....

FROM TARGET :roll:[/QUOTE]

you do realize i was talking about the surivial edition, right?

For those interested, I just called my buddy at Gamestop and he did say that the Pandemic Edition is still available to pre-order today in store , but he cannot guarantee after today since it is sold out online. So get it if you are on the fence as you can always cancel later as it will be the rarest copy of this game at any retailer including the UK and we also get the Survival DLC that is exclusive at Gamestop.

[quote name='Tarskidx']For those interested, I just called my buddy at Gamestop and he did say that the Pandemic Edition is still available to pre-order today in store , but he cannot guarantee after today since it is sold out online. So get it if you are on the fence as you can always cancel later as it will be the rarest copy of this game at any retailer including the UK and we also get the Survival DLC that is exclusive at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

the deposit is $25 for it , right?

Yes. It is $25 in store and it is a much better investment as far as a downpayment on a rare item than those people that were dropping $20 on a COD BLOPS PS Vita bundle from a shady seller on eBay that was located in China on the "off" chance he came through. LOL

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yes. It is $25 in store and it is a much better investment as far as a downpayment on a rare item than those people that were dropping $20 on a COD BLOPS PS Vita bundle from a shady seller on eBay that was located in China on the "off" chance he came through. LOL[/QUOTE]

LOL, i saw the thread. the pics some1 posted was hiliarious. i got a good amount of gamestop store credit to use anyway.

That was a pretty funny post. The same people that will get mad that you have to put down $25 on this very rare collectible edition that the reputable company Naughty Dog said will be extremely rare will not hesitate to give a crook in China $20 just to gamble with a .000001% chance of landing a PS Vita COD Bundle. If not, they will deal with eBay buyer protection for a few weeks. They have a better chance of running into Manti Te'o girlfriend than having that person deliver on the Vita.

This game looks to be a very strong candidate for GOTY and was one of the show stealers at E3. Naughty Dog is an amazing company and this could be the start of a brand new AAA franchise like Uncharted. If they said this was extremely limited, that is good enough for me. The pre-order was already sold out online and ND said it would ONLY be available in the U.S. and at Gamestop and extremely limited, so that screams rarity to me. I missed out on Dead Space Ultra Edition and the Kingdoms of Amalur Signature Edition and will never be able to get an Uncharted 2 Fortune Hunter's edition, but I am glad that I was able to get this edition.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Is the survival version going to be available at Amazon?[/QUOTE]

It should be, but they haven't update their site yet.

Just came back from my GS and pre-ordered two copies of the Pandemic edition. The girl there didn't seem to have any trouble putting it through although none of the customers in the store actually knew there was a CE for this game since there was no promotional advertisement on site. And yes, I paid $25 per pre-order as a down payment.

Seriously considering pre-ordering the survival edition once best buy lists it. May be time for that unlocked membership, especially with new systems' games towards the end of the year.

Standard CE Thread Summary:

1. Post at retail price.
2. Someone says "not a deal."
3. Someone says it's too expensive.
4. Someone says they're all over it.
5. Someone says the additions are stupid and cheap.
6. Someone laughs about "collecting" video games.
7. Someone says they'll wait till it's $X on clearance.
8. Debate ensues of 'collectibility'/rarity of item and if it will ever be on clearance and there is generally a reference to a single instance of a CE version's price skyrocketing for X random game.
9. No one wins and CAG moves on to other deals, while people continue to a bump the thread needlessly in regards to the debate or things like shipping notifications, etc.

Side note: I am super pumped about this game.

[quote name='Izod517']Standard CE Thread Summary:

1. Post at retail price.
8. Debate ensues of 'collectibility'/rarity of item and if it will ever be on clearance and there is generally a reference to a single instance of a CE version's price skyrocketing for X random game.
9. No one wins and CAG moves on to other deals, while people continue to a bump the thread needlessly in regards to the debate or things like shipping notifications, etc.

Side note: I am super pumped about this game.[/QUOTE]

10. Someone posts the summary of typical CE thread reactions in CE thread.

[quote name='Izod517']Standard CE Thread Summary:

1. Post at retail price.

Side note: I am super pumped about this game.[/QUOTE]

so true, saving this comment so I can repost it in future CE game threads ;)

bread's done
Back