The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

Hmm, I am also not happy with HMV, just got it today. The shipping box was extremely flimsy and the side looked bent. Opened it to find the flap pretty much folded in half. The box itself has is very noticeably caved in on one corner. Going to contact them about it. If I'm paying 70 dollars for a game I expect pristine condition, regardless whether it was online or not. Absolutely no excuse to not have adequate shipping containers/packing.

edit: noticed that the other corner on top is also bent.....

Since others received theirs in pristine condition (except maybe the creased flap) my guess is because mine had to travel much longer, it was much more prone to damage. Not my fault though, and I hope to resolve this easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scott_matthews']Mine showed up today from HMV. Hang tab crease like everyone else's. I'm not too upset about that, but it's kind of lame that they couldn't have sprung for a single air pillow in the box to prevent it. Oh well, sticker came off without issue and overall I'm happy. Thanks again OP for the lead.[/QUOTE]

mine showed up like this, no packing materials at all in an oversized box. i got lucky mine was in great condition...

actually no mike that is not true nor do i like your speculations about that. point blank its like sylveranking said. if im paying close to 70$ for something id expect it pristine. to what vinny said mine came in the same packet like the rest of you a flimsy cardboard box but inside there was no suspension like you stated. either way i dont care about it anymore my credit card company themselves took care of it since hmv told me that the only way they would do reimburse me is if i shipped first back to them without a return label or anything. the only way to track anything international is through express mail which would cost quite a bit and they wont cover that. never had an issue with zavvi and ive ordered multiple times from them. only ordered from hmv cause they had the game for a good chunk less.

So many of these places pack things like shit. Even The Last Story wasn't packaged all that well, it was just a sturdy box (the game that is), so it didn't really get beat up. I'm sorry, but anyone that sides with a company that packs these things in a sub-par way (like pretty much every one of these UK companies) is a tard. Unless you're on payroll with these places or with freaking Royal Mail, why in the world would anyone defend stupid shipping practices?

[quote name='Zaku77']So many of these places pack things like shit. Even The Last Story wasn't packaged all that well, it was just a sturdy box (the game that is), so it didn't really get beat up. I'm sorry, but anyone that sides with a company that packs these things in a sub-par way (like pretty much every one of these UK companies) is a tard. Unless you're on payroll with these places or with freaking Royal Mail, why in the world would anyone defend stupid shipping practices?[/QUOTE]

My neutral stance isn't about siding with a company at all, and more to do with getting a full refund while still getting to keep the product. The CC company should have had him destroy the product.

I wonder how most of you deal with Amazon in such cases because I am so sick & tired of getting banged up CEs from them!!
And worst is when the replacement comes same way or even more damaged

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I wonder how most of you deal with Amazon in such cases because I am so sick & tired of getting banged up CEs from them!!
And worst is when the replacement comes same way or even more damaged[/QUOTE]

I think if Amazon force-refunds your account from a 3rd party seller with no requirement of you to do a return, they have you destroy the product and show proof. At least, that's what eBay does.

[quote name='DanteWarrior']I wonder how most of you deal with Amazon in such cases because I am so sick & tired of getting banged up CEs from them!!
And worst is when the replacement comes same way or even more damaged[/QUOTE]

I send everything that's damaged back. Unfortunately, I have received several warnings over the past year that I had a "high" number of returns which is true. I also wrote them a few lengthy notes explaning that it costs me time, gas, money, packing supplies and ultimately paying more on Ebay at times to get replacements when they send me damaged stuff twice that has to be returned. They haven't closed my account, but they have certainly threatened to do so. I'm sick of it, but GS and every other retailer I have tried ordering from also sends stuff in bubble pouches now, so it really is a gamble that anything will show up ok. I guess I will eventually have to preorder everything at GS and pick it up in store to examine what I am getting. It makes me sad because Amazon is great for everything else, including most regular cased games.

[quote name='Zaku77']So many of these places pack things like shit. Even The Last Story wasn't packaged all that well, it was just a sturdy box (the game that is), so it didn't really get beat up. I'm sorry, but anyone that sides with a company that packs these things in a sub-par way (like pretty much every one of these UK companies) is a tard. Unless you're on payroll with these places or with freaking Royal Mail, why in the world would anyone defend stupid shipping practices?[/QUOTE]

While I agree most of these UK retailers pack their items like crap (mostly Zavvi), these companies aren't guaranteeing the physical condition of the item for collectors , only the functionality. Regardless of what you're expecting because you XXX amount (that's the price of importing the item and the differences due to exchange rates).

In Gauu's case, since he cleared it up (wasn't sure based on his first post), he definitely got boned if it wasn't suspended like the rest of ours were. That was just stupid and they should have given him his money back + shipping reimbursement.

If you guys really worry about condition, buy stuff from Amazon.de. Their packing is insanely good, better than our Amazon.

[quote name='Zaku77'] I'm sorry, but anyone that sides with a company that packs these things in a sub-par way (like pretty much every one of these UK companies) is a tard. [/QUOTE]

Agreed and I'm glad someone said it. :applause:

thanks to those that are supporting me somewhat. also to nintendonly i didnt ask my credit card company to do that. they said they were doing it as i couldnt do a dispute for a faulty/damaged item with them and that since ive been with them for over 10+ years never paying late they wanted to support me as a customer. i did finally get an email back from hmv yesterday and they said they would pay for my return shipping costs but that they couldnt reimburse the original shipping and that if the package got lost it would be at my expense then.

If anyone is still interested in getting this game, I am selling my standard edition copy. I'll sell it at a low price! PM me if interested.

One of the reasons why I got the regular edition is I knew that shit would get fucked up in the mail. It gets fucked up just by going through the continental US, of course there's going to be issues getting it from across the ocean. And I'm also a CAG.

Got my 2 separate preorders in. Both shipped in the same container with no packing material. One had a slight ding in the corner of the box, but that'll be the one I open. The other that arrived a week later is in perfect condition.

Thanks for the deal, OP!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If anyone is still interested in getting this game, I am selling my standard edition copy. I'll sell it at a low price! PM me if interested.

One of the reasons why I got the regular edition is I knew that shit would get fucked up in the mail. It gets fucked up just by going through the continental US, of course there's going to be issues getting it from across the ocean. And I'm also a CAG.[/QUOTE]

FWIW based on my own experience and an informal scan of this thread it seems like the majority of people got theirs in perfect or at least decent condition. Of course it's no guarantee and you always take a chance but I think odds are it will ship pretty much okay.

Now cheapness on the other hand I completely understand. :lol:

Got mine from thehut today. They actually shipped in a box and those air packs. However the upper left corner of the LE box was still crunched. I cant really blame them because this looks like it was likely customs' doing.

Hey guys, kinda late to learning about this edition and had a couple questions

1. should i grab it now due to possible rarity later? i'm interested in it for myself, not to resell
2. is the US getting a collector's edition? or is this the only one?

[quote name='Zaku77']No collector's edition announced yet. There is a good chance though because it's Xseed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Zaku. Just hope that in waiting for an announcement on the US collectors release, i don't completely miss out on the UK one.

Hello all,
I ordered and received The Last Story CE in all its glory, but I can't play it! I know someone said all you had to do was download a channel to play PAL games on an American Wii but I cannot find any information that seems to point me in the right direction. I was hoping that someone here could.

[quote name='Kingmob46']Hello all,
I ordered and received The Last Story CE in all its glory, but I can't play it! I know someone said all you had to do was download a channel to play PAL games on an American Wii but I cannot find any information that seems to point me in the right direction. I was hoping that someone here could.[/QUOTE]

They made it sound more simple than it is. Last time I did it, it required a sd card and downloading the right program. There's plenty of guides out there, make sure you find a good one so you don't accidentally brick your system (aka destroy it).

[quote name='Kingmob46']Hello all,
I ordered and received The Last Story CE in all its glory, but I can't play it! I know someone said all you had to do was download a channel to play PAL games on an American Wii but I cannot find any information that seems to point me in the right direction. I was hoping that someone here could.[/QUOTE]

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/19/how-to-play-xenoblade-chronicles-if-you-live-in-america/

This is what I used and it works perfectly.

Thank you both for the links! I had Googled it, but had no way to know what sites are on the level or not. The cost of the game goes up significantly if I brick my Wii!

If you have a fairly decent PC some people have had some success getting it to run on Dolphin, though it's picky about which version runs well.

I normally don't condone such a thing however since we've all, I assume, paid for the game here it might be an alternative for some to modifying their Wii.

[quote name='Motoki']If you have a fairly decent PC some people have had some success getting it to run on Dolphin, though it's picky about which version runs well.

I normally don't condone such a thing however since we've all, I assume, paid for the game here it might be an alternative for some to modifying their Wii.[/QUOTE]

If you already bought the game, what harm is there if you play it on PC with your purchased copy?

And I installed mine to USB, because the load times on the dual layer disk is atrocious. I don't see a problem with that, since it should fall under fair use.

The method Joystiq mentions is more complicated than what I did.

The method I used is very simple and can be done in 4 steps or less. All you need is a copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl and an SD card. I forgot the name of the program, but GAF talks about it all of the time.

All I had to do was drag and drop the necessary file to the SD card, pop the card into the SD slot on the Wii, play Brawl, then select the custom stages section.

Done.

XSeed finally announced their LE for the US version of The Last Story. Well technically it's a pre-order bonus, an art book and case.

[quote name='Xseed Twitter']
[The Last Story LE Booyah Bonus!] All launch copies of TLS will have the game canoodled lovingly w/an art book in a special case! @ $49.99!
[/Quote]

[quote name='Xseed Twitter']
For those asking about current preorders: ALL launch copies will have the art book, so if you preordered before/now/etc, you will get it.
[/quote]

401926_10150867942143354_163718093353_9812581_894048843_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...42143354_163718093353_9812581_894048843_n.jpg

^ Not too bad for a pre-order bonus. (or first print bonus or whatever)

I have the Euro CE, but I will double-dip for this.

[quote name='Motoki']XSeed finally announced their LE for the US version of The Last Story. Well technically it's a pre-order bonus, an art book and case.

401926_10150867942143354_163718093353_9812581_894048843_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...42143354_163718093353_9812581_894048843_n.jpg[/QUOTE]

That was announced a few days ago- I posted it in a few threads (besides this one.. hah). While it's a nice bonus, 44 pages really doesn't do the game justice... but it'll be in a nice box so that will be nice. Oh well, guess you can't complain about free stuff!

[quote name='keine']^ Not too bad for a pre-order bonus. (or first print bonus or whatever)

I have the Euro CE, but I will double-dip for this.[/QUOTE]

I'm contemplating doing the same. I checked the artbook that came with the Euro version and those same Zael pages are in there, but arranged a little different since it is a smaller book, about CD size. I'm sure this US version has all the same artwork as the Euro book but it's bigger so I kind of want it. :p

I finally pre-ordered TLS. I know a lot of people say it's not as good as Xenoblade, but I'll give it a shot. The art book seems like a nice bonus for pre-ordering, especially since it looks much nicer than the Xenoblade one.

bread's done
Back