The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

Because JRPGs are a niche genre anymore, and the mainstream gamers want gameplay that's easy to get into, not overly complicated or deep, and with super cool graphics. That said, I like Mass Effect. About the only thing from Bioware that I like though. Overrated IMO.

oqlx8w.jpg

Finally got it in, but I don't like the fact that they slapped the order sticker right on the front of the box. This is going to be a pain in the ass to get off.

I still didn't get mine yet. As usual, I'm last among most people getting shipping and I live in a major city. I remember inputting the address was weird in the order form. Hopefully my package didn't get lost or something.

I got mine yesterday, Seattle here. It came from HMV and was in really perfect condition. The set itself is rather nice. I'm quite happy with the purchase.

Got mine yesterday. Sticker peels off very easily, as do the plastic seal stickers (two on top, one on the bottom). Texas here.

[quote name='Motoki']I got mine yesterday, Seattle here. It came from HMV and was in really perfect condition. The set itself is rather nice. I'm quite happy with the purchase.[/QUOTE]

I didn't order the LE, but I did get my regular copy yesterday as well. Seattle area represent! :)

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']I don't like putting a sticker on it like that. Hopefully they don't do that for all of them.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I feel the same way about book stores. But thankfully the sticker peeled off clean and easy.

I thought it was funny that the box mine shipped in wasn't assembled correctly. They used tape and plastic to hold it together, but it was pretty obvious how the box was supposed to be folded and assembled :razz:

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Agreed. I feel the same way about book stores. But thankfully the sticker peeled off clean and easy.

I thought it was funny that the box mine shipped in wasn't assembled correctly. They used tape and plastic to hold it together, but it was pretty obvious how the box was supposed to be folded and assembled :razz:[/QUOTE]

I live in CA and also received my preorder yesterday in perfect condition. I was hoping the sticker wouldn't tear or leave residue, and peeled off perfectly for me as well. :) it was a great order experience.

[quote name='Nintendonly']
oqlx8w.jpg

Finally got it in, but I don't like the fact that they slapped the order sticker right on the front of the box. This is going to be a pain in the ass to get off.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. I literally peeled it off in 10 seconds, just start at a corner and peel off slowly. No residue, no rips.

[quote name='sylveranking']Nothing down here in Florida. Guessing I'll be one of the last ones to get it.[/QUOTE]

Furthest corner from Europe. Haven't gotten mine either.

My copy is getting sent from the UK to the states and back to the UK because they decided to ship to my billing address and not my shipping address, at least my billing address is my shipping, just the difference between US and UK versions.

My LE copy finally arrived today, but it was dinged up on a few corners. I'm kind of disappointed that they (shopto.net) sent this LE in a jiffy bag. I should've gone with HMV. :(

Aside from that, this thing definitely has some good weight to it. Mi gusta.

Finally got mine. The part that the box hangs from on a rack has a minor ding, but the rest is perfect. Not gonna open it for a while, since I may resell it.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Still nothing here. Wisconsin: The Land That Mail Forgot[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on mine and I live in our nation's capital. I'm hopeful it arrived today though.

Got mine today in NYC from HMV. Had the sticker but it peeled off with no residue. Gamestop and their magical insta-cement stickers could take a lesson from these guys.

So is it confirmed that HMV is one of the best Euro sites to import from, then?
even though they aren't going to be around much longer

[quote name='Nintendonly']So is it confirmed that HMV is one of the best Euro sites to import from, then?
even though they aren't going to be around much longer
[/QUOTE]

First thing I've ever ordered from them, but I have no complaints. All my previous UK imports have been from Zavvi, and I've never had problems with their items either. I may have just been lucky.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']Those of you guys that got your shipment, is it delivered by USPS or UPS or something else?[/QUOTE]

usps_logo.jpg

Yeah it was my first order with HMV too and I was impressed especially how fast it arrived, I'll def order more from them in the future.

Got mine today too. The tab for hanging the game is creased, but otherwise in great shape.

This thing was bigger than I expected, lol. I was expecting the Mario All Stars size, not 2.5x.

well i guess im the first unlucky customer then with hmv and frankly im quite pissed for the amount spent on this after shipping and the credit card fee aka 69$ total spent. they shipped it like most of you said in this huge box with NO FREAKING AIR PACKETS!!! the hang tab is creased no biggy but the issue is the bottom left corner of the box is smushed to all freaking hell. on top unless im reading the website wrong it says that i have to pay upfront for the return shipping first??? they also once the return is received will not reimburse me for the 2$ credit card fee nor the shipping costs for them to send to me. so basically im out about 10ish dollars. im not happy one bit and wouldve just spent the extra 10 with zavvi had i known this. i sent them an email that im filing a dispute against their company with my credit card unless they send me a prepaid mailing label and refund me for all the shipping and fees.

[quote name='gauu']well i guess im the first unlucky customer then with hmv and frankly im quite pissed for the amount spent on this after shipping and the credit card fee aka 69$ total spent. they shipped it like most of you said in this huge box with NO FREAKING AIR PACKETS!!! the hang tab is creased no biggy but the issue is the bottom left corner of the box is smushed to all freaking hell. on top unless im reading the website wrong it says that i have to pay upfront for the return shipping first??? they also once the return is received will not reimburse me for the 2$ credit card fee nor the shipping costs for them to send to me. so basically im out about 10ish dollars. im not happy one bit and wouldve just spent the extra 10 with zavvi had i known this. i sent them an email that im filing a dispute against their company with my credit card unless they send me a prepaid mailing label and refund me for all the shipping and fees.[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't know what the shipping options are, but honestly, thats the risk you take for regular air mail. If they had sent it any other way, it would've cost them and you much more in shipping.

seriously dude theres no reason anyone should be sending a game in a big box with no air packets or peanuts etc.. thats just poor service on the company. i didnt tell them oh btw since im paying for standard shipping can you please make sure not to package my game properly.

Mine showed up today from HMV. Hang tab crease like everyone else's. I'm not too upset about that, but it's kind of lame that they couldn't have sprung for a single air pillow in the box to prevent it. Oh well, sticker came off without issue and overall I'm happy. Thanks again OP for the lead.

Got mine on Saturday from HMV. Perfect condition. They used a larger outer carton that was pretty flimsy, but the game box had the same kind of tight plastic wrap that Amazon uses, binding it to one edge of the carton so it didn't knock around in transit. I like how the CE game box is a lot thicker and sturdier than what we typically get in North America (example, Skyward Sword's paperboard box).

[quote name='morrodox'] I like how the CE game box is a lot thicker and sturdier than what we typically get in North America (example, Skyward Sword's paperboard box).[/QUOTE]

well, given the weight of its contents, the Last Story LE had to be put in a more sturdy box. That Skyward Sword package only contained a meager gold Wiimote.

ugh this is rediculous trying to do a return with hmv. looks like im going to have to call my credit card company and file a chargeback.

cant call them cause they are in the uk and my cell cant call international. theres no online support to talk to at all. the only way is through emails and they wont do anything yet the website says i have to get a return address from them for international returns.

well not going to even bother with the return my amazon chase visa card due to my long standing history with them just credited the money back to me as a credit from chase themselves.

Got my Limited Edition from Zavvi today. Came in a box that basically fit the game box like a glove. It's in excellent condition! Very happy with my choice to import.

[quote name='gauu']well i guess im the first unlucky customer then with hmv and frankly im quite pissed for the amount spent on this after shipping and the credit card fee aka 69$ total spent. they shipped it like most of you said in this huge box with NO FREAKING AIR PACKETS!!! the hang tab is creased no biggy but the issue is the bottom left corner of the box is smushed to all freaking hell. on top unless im reading the website wrong it says that i have to pay upfront for the return shipping first??? they also once the return is received will not reimburse me for the 2$ credit card fee nor the shipping costs for them to send to me. so basically im out about 10ish dollars. im not happy one bit and wouldve just spent the extra 10 with zavvi had i known this. i sent them an email that im filing a dispute against their company with my credit card unless they send me a prepaid mailing label and refund me for all the shipping and fees.[/QUOTE]

$10 more with Zavvi? I got mine from Zavvi and only paid $60 total.

Got mine from HMV today finally. So happy it is in perfect, and I mean PERFECT, condition. Doesn't look like it had ever been touched. Love the steelbook.

Did anyone order from thehut? Has anyone even gotten theirs from thehut? I'm just curious about their shipping speed and method of packaging. They are the same as Zavvi right?

Why would they reimburse you for the fee that your CC company charged?:whistle2:? If they authorize a return and refund you your money, then you CC will give you your $2 back. A better option is to sell it on eBay. You can likely recoup most of what you paid, seeing as a new copy recently sold for $77. And you'll likely lose that dispute unless their policy specifically states that they'll handle return shipping costs.

Additionally, they just sent it in the box with no support...? I find that hard to believe since all of us had ours wrapped so that it was suspended midair. That's a better method than packing peanuts/air bubbles because there's no risk of transferred pressure that way if the box is crushed.

[quote name='Vinny']Why would they reimburse you for the fee that your CC company charged?:whistle2:? If they authorize a return and refund you your money, then you CC will give you your $2 back. A better option is to sell it on eBay. You can likely recoup most of what you paid, seeing as a new copy recently sold for $77. And you'll likely lose that dispute unless their policy specifically states that they'll handle return shipping costs.

Additionally, they just sent it in the box with no support...? I find that hard to believe since all of us had ours wrapped so that it was suspended midair. That's a better method than packing peanuts/air bubbles because there's no risk of transferred pressure that way if the box is crushed.[/QUOTE]

This strikes me as a customer who isn't satisfied no matter what they choose to do.

bread's done
Back