The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

I got the shipping notice on mine from HMV.com this morning.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The Last Story is being published by XSEED games for North America-
[/QUOTE]

Bra-vo, XSEED. Just in the nick of too late.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

[quote name='Nintendonly']Do what I am doing. Keep it forever then sell it when it's ripe.[/QUOTE]

yeah. I'm getting the steelbook, so I'll probably just keep it as a collector's item. That is , unless it becomes insanely valuable.

Yea, I just checked this thread right now, after I noticed my HMV order shipped. Oh well, I am still keeping that CE.

[quote name='scott_matthews']One of my favorite UK game mags has a story on their website about the GAME cancellation of LE orders. Apparently it's due to GAME's financial problems and their loss of credit insurance. Things are not looking good for GAME.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/game-cancels-last-story-se-pre-orders[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been thinking for a while...

[quote name='Nintendonly']The Last Story is being published by XSEED games for North America-

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172407

On the release day of the European version, no doubt. *SIGH*

I won't be opening my L.E. copy once I get it. Storing it in the closet.[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck my life... my copies both shipped today. And you know they'll have the special edition too considering it's Xseed.:bomb:

I think I can still cancel my Zavvi order...Oh what do I do??????!!!!!!!

Update: Order literally just shipped...sorry, Dispatched. Well, at least I get to play it before the summer.

I wish they would just announce these things earlier. I had no need to import this or Xenoblade. They just took there sweet time confirming. Freakin Nintendo.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Wow, thank you XSeed for bringing this over, but needless to say my CE shipped from HMV this morning.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Could they have possibly timed that worse? If they'd announced it YESTERDAY, I could have cancelled.

I have a hard time believing it's a coincidence.

[quote name='bvharris']Ditto. Could they have possibly timed that worse? If they'd announced it YESTERDAY, I could have cancelled.

I have a hard time believing it's a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there were some obligations between NOE and XSEED?

The two companies have a relationship going (Solatorobo). We're more than likely getting NOE's localization.

[quote name='bvharris']Ditto. Could they have possibly timed that worse? If they'd announced it YESTERDAY, I could have cancelled.

I have a hard time believing it's a coincidence.[/QUOTE]

Email from Hmv about shipment confirmation: 8:05

Learned of US localization: 8:30

:applause:

Ah sorry guys, on the bright side, the odds of a collectors edition coming to the US are about .00001%. That means you'll still get a pretty rare item if you want to hold on to it, and reselling it should be pretty painless as people grab them up on EBAY pretty fast.

[quote name='Relysis']Email from Hmv about shipment confirmation: 8:05

Learned of US localization: 8:30

:applause:[/QUOTE]
Should have ordered from The Hut. They were a pound cheaper at one point and shipped yesterday morning.

Lol, at least I'm not the only one in this situation. Just read the XSeed news and immediatly thought "doh!" I guess the CE stuff will have to be some consolation. Ah well, can't win 'em all, right? :)

[quote name='Booj']Ah sorry guys, on the bright side, the odds of a collectors edition coming to the US are about .00001%. That means you'll still get a pretty rare item if you want to hold on to it, and reselling it should be pretty painless as people grab them up on EBAY pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

Xseed has released a number of limited and collector's editions. I certainly wouldn't bet against this game having one as well or at least coming with a soundtrack.

*sigh* Add me to those who received the HMV shipping notice and did a double-take seeing the XSEED localization news.

Do any of you think I could sell the CE for a good amount without the steelbook (the one item I doubt XSEED would include in a potential US CE)?

[quote name='Nintendonly']By the way, how much did the charge show up as on your credit cards?

I got charged $67.38.[/QUOTE]

$60.26 from Zavvi.

[quote name='Booj']Ah sorry guys, on the bright side, the odds of a collectors edition coming to the US are about .00001%. That means you'll still get a pretty rare item if you want to hold on to it, and reselling it should be pretty painless as people grab them up on EBAY pretty fast.[/QUOTE]

I dunno man... Xseed releases lots of CEs. Granted, I think all the CEs they've released have been for PSP games but combined with the fact that word of this got out just after our copies from the UK shipped (within what, half an hour?) and that the CE contents already exist, I get the feeling this is more than a simple coincidence.

[quote name='Nintendonly']By the way, how much did the charge show up as on your credit cards?

I got charged $67.38.[/QUOTE]I was also charged $67.38 (HMV).

I also got the $67.38 from HMV. I don't mind though even with word of a NA release. Even if we get a CE it may have different items and even if the items are exactly the same I really can't imagine it being that much cheaper, at least initially.

I got charged $67.38.[/QUOTE]

$85.34, via Shopto.net. The international first class shipping I got was expensive. :(

No regrets, though.

Is there a good chance that thehut and zavvi will still have the CE when it releases on February 24? I know they have started shipping out the preorders already, but on the site it still says the release date is on 2/24. I ask because I would like to be able to use a 10% coupon on it or something after it is no longer a preorder item.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone regret pre-ordering now that it is announced for NA?[/QUOTE]

Slightly. I thought I ordered two copies. Now that I realized I ordered only one, I actually feel better.

I don't really regret it. I'm happy to get the steelbook. I will still buy the LE version here as well ^^.
Pandora's Tower LE was just announced today for EU, and it also comes with a steelbook. We'll have to see if I want to buy that version, when it seems more than likely that it will come over here too.

Well shit... bank denied my transaction on "visa fraud" this morning even though all my shipping/billing info is the same. Called and got it all straightened out, but would have to re-order. Or should I just wait now?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone regret pre-ordering now that it is announced for NA?[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda pissed... yeah. But I won't be as pissed if Xseed only releases the standard edition here in the States though I personally think that's doubtful and they will likely release the CE here too.

I a little, but not much. Last week, no one knew whether it was coming. Plus we are getting Collectors addition...May not see it stateside. Got to go with the guarentt

I don't think there's ever been a easier system to mod than the Wii (except maybe the SNES where you just cut off two plastic tabs in the cartridge slot).

[quote name='bigdbo622']I never modded a system before using these instructions to Mod my Wii. Took like 10 minutes to do. Very easy to do.[/QUOTE]

Then I need to be using a different search engine, because I didnt see an easier way.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Then I need to be using a different search engine, because I didnt see an easier way.[/QUOTE]

The way you posted is what I used. It looks more confusing than it actually is. Trust me, the time to mod the wii should not be the deterrent.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Then I need to be using a different search engine, because I didnt see an easier way.[/QUOTE]

Easier way-

1. Drag-and-drop necessary file onto an SD card.
2. Load up Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
3. Done.

LE or not, I would have waited if I knew it was being released for NA! I have a feeling eBay is going to be seeing a several PAL copies of Last Story popping up soon...

[quote name='OtakuFerret']LE or not, I would have waited if I knew it was being released for NA! I have a feeling eBay is going to be seeing a several PAL copies of Last Story popping up soon...[/QUOTE]
I agree, my standard edition shipped from 365games.co.uk but if I knew that it was coming in the USA I would of waited. Besides I would of liked to have had a US copy anyway in case I buy a Wii-U and I sell my old Wii. Maybe I can make TLS my go to game after Mass Effect 3 then (because Mass Effect 3 will be my go to game when I get it and I know TLS wont get here for another 5-10 days).

I had hesitated, because I couldn't decide what UK game store to order from, and now I'm glad I did. I'm sorry they took so long, but glad they finally caved!

I'd rather play it now anyway. It really doesn't take but a few minutes to mod the Wii. Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best JRPGs out there for this generation.

Woo, didn't get an email confirming shipment from HMV, but checked my order details and saw it went through. No US shipping for me, thank god I got stationed right in England. Came out to $60.19.

[quote name='roymustang']Looks like XSEED is bringing this game to the US later this year.[/QUOTE]

Guess you missed the last 36 hours.

bread's done
Back