The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

[quote name='Vinny']That sucks... I hate it when publishers stick "select" music on these CDs. Is it really going to cost that much more to just fill up the disc with other tracks..?[/QUOTE]
I don't see why it would cost more. I mean I kinda wish there was a way we could get the full soundtrack now.

[quote name='prateeko']So which place (out of game, zavvi, and hmv) are you guys ginna order from? I'm worried about box safety in transit across the Atlantic...[/QUOTE]

You're basically playing Russian Roulette here. None of the retailers are perfect or even close to it. Times like this are when I wish Amazon UK shipped outside the UK.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't see why it would cost more. I mean I kinda wish there was a way we could get the full soundtrack now.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing its their way of making people buy the full OST. But luckily, you can just download that shit off the net.

Took a chance and preordered from GAME. For those wondering about shipping. Got my Xenoblade Chronicles from GAME in 10 business days. It was in a bubble wrap envelope and in perfect condition.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']My Zavvi order just shipped (which I forgot I had since I also ordered from HMV). So, I guess I'll be cancelling that one now.[/QUOTE]

They already shipped it a week before release? Crazy.

[quote name='Nintendonly']They already shipped it a week before release? Crazy.[/QUOTE]
Caught me by surprise as well haha. Thankfully, I just put money on my debit card the other day (specifically for this item), or I would have been a little sad...

Is there any chance I'll get it before the end of the month? I've never had experience with international shipping other than Amazon UK for my Battle Royale blu-ray, and that took about a month to get to me.

Does Zavvi and thehut really have 99 GBP international shipping? I'm a bit confused because on their shipping page it says that that option is "Coming Soon".

[quote name='jling84']Does Zavvi and thehut really have 99 GBP international shipping? I'm a bit confused because on their shipping page it says that that option is "Coming Soon".[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they already have it.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']Is there any chance I'll get it before the end of the month? I've never had experience with international shipping other than Amazon UK for my Battle Royale blu-ray, and that took about a month to get to me.[/QUOTE]

It really varies with Zavvi. Sometimes I've gotten it 2-3 weeks after they shipped my package and other times I've gotten it in 5-6 postal days.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Could somebody research the validity/shipping price to US/etc. of this?

http://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/72613-last-story-limited-edition--for-wii[/QUOTE]I just tried making an account there, but you aren't allowed to select the U.S. as your Country under Your Address--the choices are England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, U.K, and Wales. So it looks like this is EU-only, which is a shame since that price comes out to roughly $47.47, a tiny bit less than you'd expect a typical Wii game to cost over here. :cry:

[quote name='prateeko']So which place (out of game, zavvi, and hmv) are you guys ginna order from? I'm worried about box safety in transit across the Atlantic...[/QUOTE]

Also wondering as well.

Thehut sent me a 10% off code that expires in April. Doesn't work on preorders, so hopefully they still have the CE in a few days. If not then it's not a big deal, I'll just get the standard edition.

[quote name='Nesmaster75']My Zavvi order just shipped (which I forgot I had since I also ordered from HMV). So, I guess I'll be cancelling that one now.[/QUOTE]

Do they send an email or do you check their website to find this out?

To CE or not to CE...

I don't really want to mod my Wii if I don't have to but this seems like it might be the only chance to get the game in a language I can understand.

For the record, anyone looking to use HMV:

42.49 British pounds sterling = 67.3169 US dollars (current cost, including shipping- to the USA)

SI

I'm really bummed the game.co.uk listing was removed because A) it was the cheapest and B) I read on neoGAF that they package their LE extra-well.

On the other hand, the two LEs I ordered from zavvi in the past (Parasite Eve and Tactics Ogre PSP) were cheap, but all busted. AND they took 4 weeks to get to Eastern Canada.

I also read that HMV were poor at packaging fragile collector editions.

Really don't know where to buy anymore. I shoulda preordered from GAME.co.uk! Damn it!!! :bomb:

GAME just sent me an email saying they were canceling my preorder as they won't be stocking it. My account on the site doesn't show its canceled yet, but I have an email in to find out what the deal is. I read somewhere they were changing LE orders to standard but that's not the impression I got from the email.

[quote name='mike.m']GAME just sent me an email saying they were canceling my preorder as they won't be stocking it. My account on the site doesn't show its canceled yet, but I have an email in to find out what the deal is. I read somewhere they were changing LE orders to standard but that's not the impression I got from the email.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you're screwed. GAME dicked me over with my Xenoblade Chronicles Bundle (their website was hacked, they had no record of my order even though I had confirmation emails and whatnot) and FFXIII-2 Crystal Edition (they took the order but then waited until the day before it came out to say that they can't ship it because of the weight).

I'm starting to see why GAME is in financial trouble.

I just got the email from GAME too. Screw them. I just ordered from Zavvi as people are saying they are already shipping them.

[quote name='Optical']I just got the email from GAME too. Screw them. I just ordered from Zavvi as people are saying they are already shipping them.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wonder if I should switch my preorder to Zavvi. They're a few bucks cheaper but considering how shittily they packaged my Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, I don't think I could trust them to get this to me in one piece.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, I wonder if I should switch my preorder to Zavvi. They're a few bucks cheaper but considering how shittily they packaged my Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, I don't think I could trust them to get this to me in one piece.[/QUOTE]
Oh man, really? How bad was it? Maybe I should cancel and order from HMV.

They package everything in terrible packaging. Some people get LUCKY and get their stuff undamaged, but it is in NO way due to the packaging. It's best not to risk it with them if it's a boxed item.

[quote name='Zaku77']They package everything in terrible packaging. Some people get LUCKY and get their stuff undamaged, but it is in NO way due to the packaging. It's best not to risk it with them if it's a boxed item.[/QUOTE]

How does HMV package there items?

[quote name='Kaiser499']Hmm, I feel more secure since I ordered from HMV. Anyone know how their packaging is?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bigdbo622']How does HMV package there items?[/QUOTE]

I've never ordered anything from HMV but I'm hoping it's better since they charge you ~$7 for shipping whereas Zavvi charges ~$1.50. Hopefully, that extra HMV charges goes towards a decent box. Their policy actually covers damaged items so that might be an indication that they actually put effort into their packing.

I've order several Steelbooks from HMV and they have always arrived in perfect condition.

I'm a sucker for Collector's Editions so I ordered one of these. Hopefully we'll see an NA release and I'll be able to swap the game disc.

This is only my second order from HMV. The first was the Yakuza steelbook and that arrived in perfect shapw, but then it wasn't a crushable box like this is likely to be.

I ordered from amazon.de for a whopping 80$ CDN

At least I'm confident it won't be packaged like ass. And if it is, well chances are I can return it...

Hmm... I wonder if I should cancel Zavvi and order from HMV. I would order from Amazon, but it would be $20 USD more than anyone else.

[quote name='jeffx']I ordered from amazon.de for a whopping 80$ CDN

At least I'm confident it won't be packaged like ass. And if it is, well chances are I can return it...[/QUOTE]

Do keep in mind that all the writing all over the packaging (and the contents too most likely) will be in German. That is a big deal breaker in my opinion, especially when you have the option of getting it in English.

[quote name='Zaku77']Do keep in mind that all the writing all over the packaging (and the contents too most likely) will be in German. That is a big deal breaker in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Nope and whoever told you that is spreading misinformation. The LE packaging is the same across the European continent.

Don't believe me? Here's a German dude unpacking the LE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgRr90WbIng&t=2m28s

Interesting. I've received quite a few LEs over the years from Germany and France (as specific examples) and they have ALWAYS had German/French writing on them. Being that those are European countries, and PAL format, I figured it was safe to assume that would be true across the board.

[quote name='Motoki']Hopefully it gets a wider distribution than Xenoblade is getting. :p[/QUOTE]

XSEED-published games never seem to make it in Walmarts/Targets, but it will at least be available at more than just GameStop.

[quote name='keine']Damn, really?! I've already had my European order shipped!![/QUOTE]

Do what I am doing. Keep it forever then sell it when it's ripe.

bread's done
Back