The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

[quote name='roymustang']Looks like XSEED is bringing this game to the US later this year.[/QUOTE]

Interested to see what kind of package XSeed releases for Last Story. I expect at least a soundtrack CD and artbook.

[quote name='prateeko']So if I want to grab this (for the packing) is HMV still the best bet?[/QUOTE]

Yes, if they still have them in stock, that is.

I've been reading several reviews online that remark on the shorter campaign (averaging about 20 hours) and I must say I am actually excited about this aspect. I've definitely been enjoying shorter, more streamlined and densely packed games over some of these long, drawn out 80-200 hour RPGs that are stuffed with fetch quest fodder and filler to artificially lengthen playtime (albeit optionally in most cases). FFXIII-2 has been a joy at its 30 hour playtime (and I'm looking forward to the upcoming DLC). I'm definitely curious how active the online community will be with the Last Story!

I was charged and it says it has shipped. Will report on it once I get it, I expect maybe 2-3 weeks. Hopefully it is adequately wrapped and shipped. Came up to 69 after the $2 international transaction fee.

Knowing it is coming to the U.S. really doesn't change much. Rarely do wii games ever get any sort of LE (let alone steelbooks), so I expect these will be worth something in the future.

[quote name='sylveranking']Knowing it is coming to the U.S. really doesn't change much. Rarely do wii games ever get any sort of LE (let alone steelbooks), so I expect these will be worth something in the future.[/QUOTE]

Xseed said it's possible for the Limited Edition to be released inNorth America. Though they said it's too early to say anything. They also said they'll have more news in March

https://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames/status/173203485859397632

https://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames/status/173204466093400064

[quote name='KornKid91']Xseed said it's possible for the Limited Edition to be released inNorth America. Though they said it's too early to say anything. They also said they'll have more news in March

https://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames/status/173203485859397632

https://twitter.com/#!/XSEEDGames/status/173204466093400064[/QUOTE]

Going by that tweet about it being easy to swap preorders and the wink, I think it's safe to say that they're planning for a CE. I just hope it's different than the Euro one so I don't feel that pissed off about all of this... I would have never preordered the Euro CE if I knew there was going to be one for the states too.

I rarely see steel books included with North American CE's, so I would bet XSeed's Last Story CE ends up being something less spectacular than the European one.
But, we shall see. More details are expected to be revealed in March.

[quote name='keine']I rarely see steel books included with North American CE's, so I would bet XSeed's Last Story CE ends up being something less spectacular than the European one.
But, we shall see. More details are expected to be revealed in March.[/QUOTE]

Probably, something along their PSP CEs which mostly include a soundtrack or an artbook.

just curious but couldnt you technically just return the game to the hut.com??? with your reason being damaged in transit or something. or do they not allow returns???

I just got mine from HMV. The shipping box was this really weird... box but it was very strong. The item was in near mint shape (the flap is kinda crushed).

[IMG-C=7639]26645[/IMG-C]

Man, the steelbook is fucking incredible (which I hadn't covered it up in the picture, LOL). It's probably the nicest steelbook I've ever seen (granted, I only own a few but still). They give you a regular case (with a reversible insert- same picture as the "Experience" box) too. The artbook is... really disappointing. It's small and really thin too. And there's the really thick multi-language manual that's not shown, which I wish was an artbook instead.

You must live in Europe then?

Highly unlikely a Euro distributor's item reached the states in less than a week unless you paid out the ass for shipping. I'm not expecting mine for another week at least.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']You must live in Europe then?

Highly unlikely a Euro distributor's item reached the states in less than a week. I'm not expecting mine for another week at least.[/QUOTE]

I live in IL. My order shipping roughly 3-4 days before the official release date.

And I paid the standard shipping cost.

That's still pretty quick. My Xenoblade took 14 days to arrive when I ordered it last year. My order shipped a couple days before the release, and I wasn't expecting it until late this week at best. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised and get it soon.

I just checked and my package shipped on Feb 22. Holy shit, guess that was fast. It's probably just luck. Most of my packages from Europe do take an average of 14 days.

Mine also shipped 2/22 from HMV. They don't give out tracking info do they? That's rather, um, archaic but okay. I guess it will be surprise when it gets here.

[quote name='Motoki']Mine also shipped 2/22 from HMV. They don't give out tracking info do they? That's rather, um, archaic but okay. I guess it will be surprise when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

International tracking is expensive.

[quote name='Motoki']Mine also shipped 2/22 from HMV. They don't give out tracking info do they? That's rather, um, archaic but okay. I guess it will be surprise when it gets here.[/QUOTE]

You could probably get it by emailing them.

Also, how much was everyone's foreign transaction fees? Mine was $2.00.

[quote name='Nintendonly']You could probably get it by emailing them.

Also, how much was everyone's foreign transaction fees? Mine was $2.00.[/QUOTE]

mine was 2 also, amazon chase visa.

I recieved my LE from HMV today. Packaging was just the box wrapped in plastic around a cardboard backing, but it came near flawless. Very happy. I thought it was pretty quick.

I received my order from Zavvi, and from the looks of the box it was shipped in, I was so nervous it would be destroyed when I opened it, but it came in perfect condition (the game was protected fairly well). I couldn't be happier with this, and the game has some weight to it, too!

[quote name='awesometown']I recieved my LE from HMV today. Packaging was just the box wrapped in plastic around a cardboard backing, but it came near flawless. Very happy. I thought it was pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is fast indeed. I'll start looking out for mine.

[quote name='Vinny']I just got mine from HMV. The shipping box was this really weird... box but it was very strong. The item was in near mint shape (the flap is kinda crushed).

[IMG-C=7639]26645[/IMG-C]

Man, the steelbook is fucking incredible (which I hadn't covered it up in the picture, LOL). It's probably the nicest steelbook I've ever seen (granted, I only own a few but still). They give you a regular case (with a reversible insert- same picture as the "Experience" box) too. The artbook is... really disappointing. It's small and really thin too. And there's the really thick multi-language manual that's not shown, which I wish was an artbook instead.[/QUOTE]

I also live in IL and mine just came today. I was actually right in the middle of reading this thread when a coworker walked over and handed it to me. :)

[quote name='Nintendonly']You could probably get it by emailing them.

Also, how much was everyone's foreign transaction fees? Mine was $2.00.[/QUOTE]

None - Capital One doesn't have transaction fees. I live in Ohio, so hopefully mine arrives soon. I wasn't expecting it until next week at the earliest.

[quote name='Stingercjc']None - Capital One doesn't have transaction fees. I live in Ohio, so hopefully mine arrives soon. I wasn't expecting it until next week at the earliest.[/QUOTE]

Well, actually they do, they just hide them in the exchange rate, so while you didn't pay $2 as a transaction fee, they converted the currency at a worse rate than other credit card companies that do have a fixed rate that they disclose.

My LE came also came today same packing too and the only thing bent was that cardboard top piece for hanging, no problems for me. Wow that was some fast shipping!

Whoa just got my LE from HMV. Crazy fast shipping! Waiting until the weekend to play so I can really enjoy it!

[quote name='Nintendonly']I live on the east coast and my order shipped on the 22nd. How the hell are you guys getting these orders already?[/QUOTE]Same here; I'm hoping mine arrives tomorrow... :whistle2:#

[quote name='Nintendonly']I live on the east coast and my order shipped on the 22nd. How the hell are you guys getting these orders already?[/QUOTE]

Standard international delivery for Royal Mail is via airmail, so it's entirely possible that the shipments just landed somewhere in the midwest (Chicago?) for their handoff to the USPS.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Standard international delivery for Royal Mail is via airmail, so it's entirely possible that the shipments just landed somewhere in the midwest (Chicago?) for their handoff to the USPS.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, it is possible that they sent the whole shipment to one area and it spreads out from there.

[quote name='scott_matthews']FWIW, I'm in Madison, Wisconsin and I haven't gotten mine yet either.[/QUOTE]

You live somewhere in the middle of the US, it's supposed to take longer for you to receive it. It's people like me who have the shortest distance to Britland that should be getting these things before anyone else.

Got mine today in the mail and I'm on the East Coast, NH. Box came in perfect condition, now do I sell it or keep it? Decision decisions.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Got mine today in the mail and I'm on the East Coast, NH. Box came in perfect condition, now do I sell it or keep it? Decision decisions.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully I get it today as well. I live right underneath you.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=16617535
0084470200579_180X180.jpg

They sell them in the stores, at least at my store anyway. You can do a Pickup Today order which has an associate take one out of the backroom or sales floor and hold it for you.

I received my preorder yesterday and I am in California. Box came in perfect condition as well. HMV is now two for two in my book (ordered White Knight Chronicles Origins from them last year).

Thumbs Up!

[quote name='Kaiser499']Wait for it to be released in the US in April.[/QUOTE]

i wonder if they'll be releasing the CE here. so far i've only heard of the preorder art book. i know the Sonic Generations CE and Rayman Origins CE both weren't released here. More specifically to a Nintendo 1st party game, we didn't get the Super Smash Bros Brawl CE here either.

Got my standard edition today from 365games.co.uk.

Game came in a cardboard mailer but it was packaged tight enough where there is little chance of damage. Can't wait to try it after I beat Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Got my standard edition today from 365games.co.uk.

Game came in a cardboard mailer but it was packaged tight enough where there is little chance of damage. Can't wait to try it after I beat Mass Effect 3.[/QUOTE]

For somebody who likes good games, why do you also like such filth as Mass Effect 3?

This is coming from somebody who owns ME1 on PC and ME2 on PS3 (never completed either one, though).

[quote name='Nintendonly']For somebody who likes good games, why do you also like such filth as Mass Effect 3?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if serious. :whistle2:k

[quote name='blindinglights']Not sure if serious. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

The Mass Effect series has the majority of what's wrong with the video game industry now. DLC, bad writing, poor gameplay... Games like Xenoblade and The Last Story deserve attention, not Mass Effect.

[quote name='Nintendonly']The Mass Effect series has the majority of what's wrong with the video game industry now. DLC, bad writing, poor gameplay... Games like Xenoblade and The Last Story deserve attention, not Mass Effect.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect isn't bad but I agree on Xenoblade & Last Story deserving more attention. It's just too bad they won't.

bread's done
Back