The Last Story (Collector's Edition) £37.99+£4.50 international shipping @ HMV.co.uk

[quote name='morrodox']Any idea if the U.S. release of Xeno will use the same localization text as the U.K.? I already bought the U.K. version. Sorry NoA, but you waited too long.[/QUOTE]

This is the worst and dumbest possible thing someone could say about it. You want them to localize more games? Buy it when it comes here, whether or not you imported it. Sorry people, the people that imported thinking it wouldn't come here jumped the gun.

Hell, I imported it and I'm still buying it when it comes here because I actually want to support the genres I enjoy, not act like a spoiled brat.

Not everyone has the money to just throw around for a game they already beat. I support morrodox's post and I plan to buy it when it comes here also. I might sell my Xenoblade Chronicles CE.

It's not being a spoiled brat, it's being efficient with your money.

As for the game on hand, I hope HMV packs their items well. Also, I'm a little concerned about them automatically charging you if the price is an error. Although if it was an error, you figure they'd have fixed it by now.

[quote name='Vigilante']OK, I'm leaning towards preordering, but I have one more question: Is it easy to cancel a preorder from this site if I was to change my mind (obviously I'm not saying that's definitely what I'll do, but I'd like to know just in case)?[/QUOTE]

I put in my address wrong the first time and had to cancel the initial order and place another one. I did so without issue, so I think you'll be fine.

Anyone notice they don't ask for your state, just your county, city, zip code? What did you all do when putting your address in?

What I don't get is why Europe gets all these Collector's Editions of JRPGs that we don't get in America. I lived in Europe for many years and back then we were lucky if we got any JRPG (even ones that had English US versions) let alone Collector's Editions.

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone notice they don't ask for your state, just your county, city, zip code? What did you all do when putting your address in?[/QUOTE]

You have to give zipcode and a city. Any post office or shipping company can figure out where you live from your house number, street and zipcode.

Well, I finally preordered (after watching a video review and seeing the incredible battle system, how could I not? :razz:). Hopefully I won't come to regret it. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Eggman']This is the worst and dumbest possible thing someone could say about it. You want them to localize more games? Buy it when it comes here, whether or not you imported it. Sorry people, the people that imported thinking it wouldn't come here jumped the gun.[/QUOTE]

Another Code R
Last Window
Monado: Beginning of the World
Pandora's Tower
Ace Attorney Investigations 2

And, until recently, Xenoblade Chronicles.

Given the track record of America being ignored on Wii and DS releases, how can you blame us for believing it would never be released here? I just wanted to play the damn game.

[quote name='Eggman']Hell, I imported it and I'm still buying it when it comes here because I actually want to support the genres I enjoy, not act like a spoiled brat.[/QUOTE]

Now what's that term for someone who has unlimited money from mommy and daddy to spend on multiple copies of games, and has to throw out childish name-calling at those of us who don't? GAH, it's right on the tip of my tongue...

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Anyone notice they don't ask for your state, just your county, city, zip code? What did you all do when putting your address in?[/QUOTE]

There is a field for "County" in the HMV checkout which is where I put my state and it worked just fine.

[quote name='morrodox']Another Code R
Last Window
Pandora's Tower

Given the track record of America being ignored on Wii and DS releases, how can you blame us for believing it would never be released here? I just wanted to play the damn game.

Now what's that term for someone who has unlimited money from mommy and daddy to spend on multiple copies of games, and has to throw out childish name-calling at those of us who don't? GAH, it's right on the tip of my tongue...[/QUOTE]

Apparently it's called an adult. But good try with the trolling, you'll get it some day. It's also called saving up money and understanding your budget while still supporting the things you enjoy and want to see more of.

And of those, two are by a company that is now dead and one is by Capcom. None of them have anything to do with the situations for Xenoblade or Last Story. Chances are Nintendo always had the intention of releasing them to the US, they just never say anything.

There were plenty of reasons to believe that it wasn't going to come out here. There was nothing wrong with people importing the UK release. This is 100% NOA's fault. We shouldn't be expected to buy 2 copies of the same damn game because NOA made some piss poor decisions leading up to its eventual US release.

[quote name='morrodox']Another Code R
Last Window
Pandora's Tower

[/QUOTE]

I call a party foul.

Monado: Beginning of the World = Xenoblade Chronicles

well i decided to bite. i just didnt want to have to go through all the modding stuff on my wii again but like many said its too risky not to grab this and worst case if it comes ill sell the import then.

[quote name='Eggman']It's also called saving up money and understanding your budget while still supporting the things you enjoy and want to see more of.[/QUOTE]

Considering I got the U.K. Xenoblade for less than what the U.S. release will cost, including shipping, I'd say I did pretty well with my limited budget. I also got to play the game sooner.

[quote name='Eggman']Chances are Nintendo always had the intention of releasing them to the US, they just never say anything.[/QUOTE]

And that's the problem. If they had said they planned to release it eventually, I would have held out. But they released in Europe and said "we have no plans to release it in America at this time" for months. I was in the market for a good Wii RPG, and NoA showed no signs of providing it, so I obtained it elsewhere.

[quote name='Gainer']
Monado: Beginning of the World = Xenoblade Chronicles
[/QUOTE]

D'oh. Okay so I am a derp. But not for the reasons Eggman gives.

[quote name='Zaku77']
100% NOA's fault. We shouldn't be expected to buy 2 copies of the same damn game because NOA made some piss poor decisions leading up to its eventual US release.
[/QUOTE]

THANK you.

[quote name='Zaku77']There were plenty of reasons to believe that it wasn't going to come out here. There was nothing wrong with people importing the UK release. This is 100% NOA's fault. We shouldn't be expected to buy 2 copies of the same damn game because NOA made some piss poor decisions leading up to its eventual US release.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was going to buy Xenoblade again (already own a regular PAL copy and the bundled copy) to show support but then realized, why the hell should I?

It seems like the reasons for them bringing it over are reactive rather than proactive. Rather than bring it over when fans called for it, they waited. After they've realized that they have nothing big in 2012 (not to mention 2011's non-existant line, outside of the fantastic Skyward Sword), watched NoE have the game sell out multiple times, and like found a partner in GS to split the costs... they finally said, "ok". They're clearly not enthusiastic about this release and are clearly not fully supporting it.

I'd rather give my money to NoE, who's actually earned it. I know I'm part of the mentality that's making things worse but lets not forget that Nintendo decided to abandon its fans go to the casual bullshit route this generation.

I bet NoA is testing the US market with Xenoblade Chronicles. After all, if XC sells, how long would it take to localize The Last Story? I think XC is going to do well and six months later TLS will come out, too.

[quote name='Jdklaffke']I bet NoA is testing the US market with Xenoblade Chronicles. After all, if XC sells, how long would it take to localize The Last Story? I think XC is going to do well and six months later TLS will come out, too.[/QUOTE]

The tragic part is, Nintendo never does any sort of market testing with its sprawling open sewer of minigame collections. They just assume there are enough gullible Wii owners to justify the release of "Camping Games 9: Let's Wave Our Arms Around and Pretend We're Building a Fire".

[quote name='Jdklaffke']I bet NoA is testing the US market with Xenoblade Chronicles. After all, if XC sells, how long would it take to localize The Last Story? I think XC is going to do well and six months later TLS will come out, too.[/QUOTE]
I guarantee it doesn't do well. It's gonna be a huge flop in the US because NoA fucked up. And then they'll laugh and say "I told you so".

This is probably going to be my first time preordering a game from Europe, so I've got a couple of questions if anyone who is knowledgeable could please help me out with some answers, I would greatly appreciate it.

1) Did the Xenoblade Chronicles CE sell out really quickly? Is it likely if I don't preorder Last Story CE that it will be sold out?

2) Did Xenoblade Chronicles ever get a price drop? I don't think it has, but I'm not sure. That game has been out forever!

[quote name='jling84']This is probably going to be my first time preordering a game from Europe, so I've got a couple of questions if anyone who is knowledgeable could please help me out with some answers, I would greatly appreciate it.

1) Did the Xenoblade Chronicles CE sell out really quickly? Is it likely if I don't preorder Last Story CE that it will be sold out?

2) Did Xenoblade Chronicles ever get a price drop? I don't think it has, but I'm not sure. That game has been out forever![/QUOTE]

1) Xenoblade Chronicles CE sold out the day it came out at the GAME near me and I called a few in the areas near by and they were all gone, they went like crazy

2) I'm pretty sure it hasn't gotten a price drop, it's usually very low in stock and at about 40 quid a pop if you bought in stores, although I just ebay'd it recently and got it for $25 pretty much brand new.

If I were you, I would preorder The Last Story CE because you won't see it for much longer after release, I preordered my copy last night as soon as I saw it so I wouldn't miss out, considering its only 8 pounds extra from the online and B&M are probably gonna have it for 40 pounds anyways. Just buy it now if you really want the CE so you don't regret it.

[quote name='jling84']
2) Did Xenoblade Chronicles ever get a price drop? I don't think it has, but I'm not sure. That game has been out forever![/QUOTE]

It's down to £22.99 on Amazon. Possibly at other places too. That's around what I got it for some months ago. Have to dig through my receipts to remember where.

Xenoblade CE sold out rather quickly, they did restock once per store I think and that was it. So if you don't want to risk never getting it, pre-order it.

I figure if worst comes to worst I got a nice collectible. Also, if it comes out in the US and I don't want to deal with mods, I could always resell this one(if I decided to, I probably would not) and even used and open, it would fetch more than regular US retail because of how rare it will be.

[quote name='Vinny']I agree. I was going to buy Xenoblade again (already own a regular PAL copy and the bundled copy) to show support but then realized, why the hell should I?

It seems like the reasons for them bringing it over are reactive rather than proactive. Rather than bring it over when fans called for it, they waited. After they've realized that they have nothing big in 2012 (not to mention 2011's non-existant line, outside of the fantastic Skyward Sword), watched NoE have the game sell out multiple times, and like found a partner in GS to split the costs... they finally said, "ok". They're clearly not enthusiastic about this release and are clearly not fully supporting it.

I'd rather give my money to NoE, who's actually earned it. I know I'm part of the mentality that's making things worse but lets not forget that Nintendo decided to abandon its fans go to the casual bullshit route this generation.[/QUOTE]
I agree with you. I mean I been a fan of Nintendo since the NES, but seriously why should I re buy a game because they finally decided to bring it over to US if they were so hesitant in the first place. Nintendo should not think about it, they should just fucking do it. Ok sure it doesn't sell millions of copies like other games, the point is you will make some type of money from Wii owners who want an RPG which I can consider is a lot and it's a service to them to make you want to buy the Wii-U.

Anyway I preordered The Last Story from 365games.co.uk I really want the collectors edition, but I can't afford the extra $20 right now. So I went with the standard edition.

In for one. Not really sure about the game, it looks a bit wonky (and relentlessly grey) in the videos online, but I figure if I don't like it, I'll be able to ebay it for more than I paid for it, so it'll prolly be OK.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I agree with you. I mean I been a fan of Nintendo since the NES, but seriously why should I re buy a game because they finally decided to bring it over to US if they were so hesitant in the first place. Nintendo should not think about it, they should just fucking do it. Ok sure it doesn't sell millions of copies like other games, the point is you will make some type of money from Wii owners who want an RPG which I can consider is a lot and it's a service to them to make you want to buy the Wii-U.

Anyway I preordered The Last Story from 365games.co.uk I really want the collectors edition, but I can't afford the extra $20 right now. So I went with the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

I'll be honest. I was against reordering it. But the only reason I am going to do it is so that I will be able to play it on future systems (such as the Wii U) if they have backwards compatibility.

When is Europe going to learn how to code a website?

I had enough trouble with Zavvi, and now this site won't let me check out. I've tried on two computers and three different browsers.

[quote name='argyle']Gotcha, thanks. I'm definitely in for one. Heck, you couldn't get a CE of a game - especially an RPG - released in the US for that price at release. Plus I kinda doubt they ever bring this one over. Even tho I'm personally double-dipping & picking up a US copy of Xenoblade, I doubt many are.[/QUOTE]

both Record of Agarest Wars collectors editions were $60 on release.

I'm trmptedto get this but with Soul Calibur V, FF13-2, and and Kingdoms of Amalur all coming out in the next two weeks. .......

[quote name='jedimario']I'll be honest. I was against reordering it. But the only reason I am going to do it is so that I will be able to play it on future systems (such as the Wii U) if they have backwards compatibility.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Now I did not even think of that. That is a much better reason to buy a U.S. copy than "not doing so is bad and dumb". I will definitely consider it now.

Here's my stance. I'm buying this CE, since NoA hadn't said they're bringing it over, and they've had plenty of time to announce it. This was the game I wanted the most out of the Operation Rainfall, so I'm not risking not owning it, especially a cheap CE with the OST. If NoA announced a release with OST before my order ships, I'll gladly cancel and get it in the US. If they bring it over after I get my copy, I'm not ordering it again in the US.

For those of you that say support Xenoblades in America, even if you imported -- fuck that. NoA had their chance. I see no problem supporting NoE, since supporting them means more localization of games we'd want in the future, instead of supporting flaky NoA. I'd even support a second copy imported from Japan, to more directly support the creators, so more games we'd want would get made.

I'm buying Xenoblades here, but I didn't get the NoE version.

If you call me a spoiled brat, oh well. I don't consider someone who went through legal channels to get something they wanted a spoiled brat. And I don't call someone who doesn't want to spend $50 on a second legit copy an entitled brat. If they had pirated Xenoblades instead of importing, and still didn't buy the NoA release though, fuck you.

[quote name='elessar123']Here's my stance. I'm buying this CE, since NoA hadn't said they're bringing it over, and they've had plenty of time to announce it. This was the game I wanted the most out of the Operation Rainfall, so I'm not risking not owning it, especially a cheap CE with the OST. If NoA announced a release with OST before my order ships, I'll gladly cancel and get it in the US. If they bring it over after I get my copy, I'm not ordering it again in the US.
[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much exactly my feeling as well. If NoA wants my money, they can announce they're releasing the game here before it ships from Europe. I'm not holding my breath though.

[quote name='bvharris']That's pretty much exactly my feeling as well. If NoA wants my money, they can announce they're releasing the game here before it ships from Europe. I'm not holding my breath though.[/QUOTE]

Off-topic, but what do the U, B, and C stand for in your sig?

All I kept thinking was Uridium, Bronze, and Copper, lol.

[quote name='Nintendonly']Off-topic, but what do the U, B, and C stand for in your sig?

All I kept thinking was Uridium, Bronze, and Copper, lol.[/QUOTE]

Unbeaten, Beaten, and Completed. It's backloggery's system for tracking my collection.

After reading all of your input, I went and pre-ordered the CE. If I have to mod my Wii, so be it. This is not a game that we should be missing out on. It's hard to believe that they will localize it in the US if they haven't announced it yet and are focusing on the Wii U which will be out this year.

This is a great deal considering the soundtrack itself is over $75 on Amazon. I'm not getting it, but I must say this CE is a pretty good one at a good price.

Toberu Mono is some of the best game music I've heard since Nier.

[quote name='bvharris']That's pretty much exactly my feeling as well. If NoA wants my money, they can announce they're releasing the game here before it ships from Europe. I'm not holding my breath though.[/QUOTE]

Guarantee you Nintendo/Gamestop doesn't see value in doing it this way. If Gamestop rumors about them pushing for Xenoblade are true they will definitely want to wait and see how that does in America before taking another huge leap potentially paying for Publishing Costs etc.

Just import it, since there's really no reason not to; and if happens to come out in the states later, and you feel guilty for not buying an American copy just put out the 50 bucks while holding on to the copy sealed. 15 Years later sell it for 200 bucks or whatever.

Took me 8 business days to receive (from GAME.co.uk) Xenoblade and I got to play it ... What? 8 months ahead of American release without any word on if we were getting it until the very beginning of the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you having trouble ordering, try using a different browser. We've had plenty of users have trouble with one browser but not with another... usually, FireFox (especially older version) are at fault. Chrome and IE might work better if you're having problems.

[quote name='Jdklaffke']This is a great deal considering the soundtrack itself is over $75 on Amazon. I'm not getting it, but I must say this CE is a pretty good one at a good price.

Toberu Mono is some of the best game music I've heard since Nier.[/QUOTE]

Hope it's got more tracks than the one shipping in the CE then (for that price)...

"The CD features a 7-track selection of music from the game composed by Nobuo Uematsu who has also collaborated with Hironobu Sakaguchi on many of his previous iconic RPGs."

Taken from zavii.com's Last Story CE page.

hmm just want to double check on 2 things here
1) is this still coming to the US? I kept hearing yes and no. I see some posts earlier indicating it is. But i dont see it avalible on amazon or anything
2) if yes, are we getting a CE or just standard edition?
3) assuming were getting a standard edition only, im assuming this is region locked like most Wii games?

Last edited by a moderator:
No word on it coming or not. It's only speculation. This makes point 2 void, and yes it will be region locked, but homebrew channel makes that not really matter.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm just want to double check on 2 things here 1) is this still coming to the US? I kept hearing yes and no. I see some posts earlier indicating it is. But i dont see it avalible on amazon or anything 2) if yes, are we getting a CE or just standard edition? 3) assuming were getting a standard edition only, im assuming this is region locked like most Wii games?[/QUOTE]

Wait... how many things did you want to check on?

[quote name='uncle5555']Hope it's got more tracks than the one shipping in the CE then (for that price)...

"The CD features a 7-track selection of music from the game composed by Nobuo Uematsu who has also collaborated with Hironobu Sakaguchi on many of his previous iconic RPGs."

Taken from zavii.com's Last Story CE page.[/QUOTE]

That sucks... I hate it when publishers stick "select" music on these CDs. Is it really going to cost that much more to just fill up the disc with other tracks..?

So which place (out of game, zavvi, and hmv) are you guys ginna order from? I'm worried about box safety in transit across the Atlantic...

bread's done
Back