The Legacy Wrestling Thread

[quote name='JJSP']

I'd never seen Wilson work before, but that lame haircut has to go. I understand that if they cut it off, he'd look a lot like Low Ki with stubble - his style sort of matches Ki's too. The spinning kick to Bao was brutal and looked awesome in replay, but that springboard elbow is kinda lame. Innovative enough to stand out, but I'd rather see it as a set up than a finisher. I'd like to see him have a solid submission finisher to play up his Dungeon roots rather than have him look like a Teddy Hart clone.[/quote]

I agree on a submission. But looking at his wiki, the other finishers they have listed for him are a rolling firemans carry slam, which is already used by Finlay, and a springboard flipping neckbreaker, which WWE probably would not let him use b/c it seems like something that could get botched pretty easily.

Maybe a springboard Hart Attack?

It seems like the ECW wrestlers always have odd (not necessarily bad) finishers. (Ortiz with the splash, DJ Gabriel with the diving euro uppercut)

[quote name='The 7th Number']
PS, someone said they noticed in his tron, he is owning TNA talent like Dudleys, Booker T, maybe Angle. I didnt catch that though.[/quote]

I only saw a shot of him hitting Rhyno with the Unprettier, couldn't see the others.
Just reminds me of when they were airing promos of Cena's return, the promos ended with older footage of him facing off against Kurt Angle and they slap the "John Cena returns" message over the image of Angle.

I've been used to Christian being in TNA for so long that it sounds weird for him to be referred to as just Christian now.

[quote name='Blackout']So they debut him on a show no one watches? What a waste.[/quote]

The entire time that whole rumored 'Jeff Hardy attacker' thing was gonig on, I always felt like it wasn't an option. Why?

Ego.

Vince's.

Huge.

Why would he bring in a guy from TNA and immediately put him in a program with not just a champion, but the WWE champion? It makes no sense since Vince has shown time and again that he will always put his ego above what makes good TV/storyline/ratings/buyrate/etc etc etc.

The sad part is that showing up as the new focal point of ECW is actually a GREAT step-up from where I assumed he'd come back (Edge's lackey, Raw mid-card, etc). ECW is a joke, but it's not a terrible starting point for him. He'll get the title easily, hold it, become the face of the brand, and eventually move onto bigger shows when Vince feels he's 'WWE-branded' again.

If anything, I'm hoping they don't pull the trigger *too* quickly and concoct some sort of confusing-ass Edge, Christian, Hardyz (Z, motherfuckers) storyline. It'll come, but it can wait. Plus, as everyone here already said... Christian coming back got them to watch ECW. Goal acheived.

I see Christian on ECW as a test to see if the fans care about him. If they put the belt on Christian and notice any ratings boost, it's a sign that people want to see him perform. He's been away from the WWE audience for quite some time, and it's risky for the company to throw him right into the mix of things on SD. He may have been a big name in TNA, but to WWE fans and front office, he's still the CLB that never got past the mid-card.

1st, I glad to see Christian Back in WWE.

2nd. Where else COULD they have put Christian but on ECW?
Seriously.

On Raw he would be no less the the 5th top face (Behind Cena, Michaels, Mysterio or Punk... Not too good as a Heel either as he would be the 3rd Heel behind Orton and Jericho)

On SD!, The same scenario applies (He would be behind HHH, Undertaker, Jeff Hardy for Faces and Edge, Big Show and Kozlov as a heel)

At Least on ECW, he could go The "Punk" route: Be the #1 Face, win the ECW Title, go to either Raw or SD during the Draft as a bigger name.

So I am not too upset for him returning on ECW... at least now, Christian will get a Match at 'Mania.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Oh yeah...
I REALLY Want Petey in WWE... him against Bourne would be outstanding! Didn't they also release Lance Rock/Hoyt?

Awesome to see Christian back, but I don't like him being on ECW, hope he helps some of the younger talent in his time there, but I think he's switching brands during the draft in June (hope so), I'll prefer Christian on RAW over SmackDown since there's no more HHH on Monday Night's so I really hope they give him a BIG ASS PUSH as Jericho.

EDIT:
Since 'Mania is just about the corner, I see Christian in the MITB, it will be pretty darn awesome to see him winning it and later on becoming a world champion, but that's in WWE's hands to let a young guy win or the returning guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']Both Jimmy Rave & Lance Hoyt are gone from TNA.[/quote]

I predict the Rock n' Rave Infection debuts at WM25.

[quote name='007']The entire time that whole rumored 'Jeff Hardy attacker' thing was gonig on, I always felt like it wasn't an option. Why?

Ego.

Vince's.

Huge.

Why would he bring in a guy from TNA and immediately put him in a program with not just a champion, but the WWE champion? It makes no sense since Vince has shown time and again that he will always put his ego above what makes good TV/storyline/ratings/buyrate/etc etc etc.

The sad part is that showing up as the new focal point of ECW is actually a GREAT step-up from where I assumed he'd come back (Edge's lackey, Raw mid-card, etc). ECW is a joke, but it's not a terrible starting point for him. He'll get the title easily, hold it, become the face of the brand, and eventually move onto bigger shows when Vince feels he's 'WWE-branded' again.

If anything, I'm hoping they don't pull the trigger *too* quickly and concoct some sort of confusing-ass Edge, Christian, Hardyz (Z, motherfuckers) storyline. It'll come, but it can wait. Plus, as everyone here already said... Christian coming back got them to watch ECW. Goal acheived.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about this on my 5 hour drive home today, and my opinion is they avoided Christian because it was "too obvious." Which, given the "Christian" chants at some shows, it was. But you know what? Sometimes the crowd *wants* the obvious, and you should give it to them. Putting him on ECW with no buildup whatsoever kinda proves that he was intended to be the Hardy attacker, and his appearance on ECW was the things "creative has nothing for you" are made of.

But, to be fair, with Finlay was the only feasible face on ECW to challenge Swagger, ECW *did* need the talent boost. Since you know, they can't push Ortiz, Ryan Braddock, or Scotty Goldman (they can't wrestle, after all), and they released a handful of guys to push. :lol:

EDIT: Williams was legit released, or is this some Russo-nutso concept of a "push" (like the one Daniels is in the middle of :lol:)? If so, WWE/ROH will reap the rewards of *that* knucklehead maneuver. But, IIRC, hasn't Williams had problems with his push/lack of in TNA before?

There's an article about him accepting indy bookings already. He has also shaved off his Scott Steiner style hair and beard.

I wonder if they'll keep using the gimmick they use to get rid of Petey on others. I could see Sonjay Dutt & SoCalVal being gone soon.

[quote name='JJSP']I see Christian on ECW as a test to see if the fans care about him. If they put the belt on Christian and notice any ratings boost, it's a sign that people want to see him perform. He's been away from the WWE audience for quite some time, and it's risky for the company to throw him right into the mix of things on SD. He may have been a big name in TNA, but to WWE fans and front office, he's still the CLB that never got past the mid-card.[/quote]

They should have played off his TNA days so much. That's why shit like The Outsiders was so hot. Putting him on a show that no one cares about, with a title no one cares about, and with other wrestlers no one cares about just kills it.

Why would they do that and give TNA free advertising. TNA namedrops WWE constantly because they need that association (also the reason they'll sign nearly any castoff) to validate themselves.

It only hurts Christian's credibility in WWE if they mention that he was a champion in the company that's sandwiched between the Dudley Do Right Log Flume and Jaws: The Ride.

However, The Outsiders going to WCW, that was two WWE headliners going to a smaller company, thus giving people incentive to watch. It doesn't particularly work the other way, especially in TNA's case.

[quote name='diddy310']Why would they do that and give TNA free advertising. TNA namedrops WWE constantly because they need that association (also the reason they'll sign nearly any castoff) to validate themselves.

It only hurts Christian's credibility in WWE if they mention that he was a champion in the company that's sandwiched between the Dudley Do Right Log Flume and Jaws: The Ride.

However, The Outsiders going to WCW, that was two WWE headliners going to a smaller company, thus giving people incentive to watch. It doesn't particularly work the other way, especially in TNA's case.[/quote]

I don't mean they go and say "OH MY GAWD ITS FORMAH TNA WORLD CHAMPION CHRISTIAN. BAH GAWD WHAT'S HE DOIN IN A WWE RING??". They should play it smart. It's more interesting than "hey there's that dude who used to be Edge's brother. What's he doing back in WWE?"

^ especially considering that he never quite made the main event in WWE. He had a cup of coffee in a world title feud with Batista that never even went to PPV or lasted more than 2-3 weeks. Now he's suddenly competing for a belt? (I know, I know, the "Velocity World Championship.") That seems to indicate they're using some of what he's done to promote himself in recent years.

[quote name='mykevermin']^ especially considering that he never quite made the main event in WWE. He had a cup of coffee in a world title feud with Batista that never even went to PPV or lasted more than 2-3 weeks. Now he's suddenly competing for a belt? (I know, I know, the "Velocity World Championship.") That seems to indicate they're using some of what he's done to promote himself in recent years.[/quote]

True, but the ECW title? Uggh. Who is he going to wrestle on that show? Mark Henry and Finlay 15 times each? That show is dead.

I'm sure they'll have him show up on SD just to say hi to Edge and the Hardys, just to establish something between them again. I doubt that they would keep in ECW to rot. They might have him show up on each show (not wrestling, just to make an appearance to people who understandably don't watch ECW).

The 2009 Draft is scheduled for April 13th, so Christian on ECW could always be a temporary thing to block him out of the Edge/Jeff Hardy/Matt Hardy storylines for now, but still get people talking about him.

There's always the possibility that ECW will be given some decent mid-carders to build up, since the new Superstars show will eliminate the need to take up 10 minutes of their hour show with Boogeyman or Ricky Ortiz matches.

There's already an automatic in for a Matt Hardy/Christian feud besides their obvious history. Matt never got a rematch after losing the belt to Swagger.

Anybody got a link to THEE Brian Kendrick's music?

I'm about about to borrow my old copy of SvsR09 and Kendrick is easily my favorite wrestler in the WWE at the moment.

So they got rid of Petey, to make way for Stevie? Way to send a "fuck our homegrown originals, WE NEED WWE REJECTS!!" message. No offense to Stevie.

[quote name='JJSP']TNA has signed Stevie Richards, but it's unclear in what capacity he'll work with the company.[/quote]
Rumored to be Abyss' "therapist". Yup.

That sounds so ridiculously plausible, given that it's TNA.

Watched ECW finally. What a major league letdown. Christian's theme song needs to be set on fire. Also, regarding the Unprettier discussion from the last page or so, I think the move itself is fine, but he doesn't put anything into the setup (so it's goofy looking as he's spinning someone around holding only their wrists at best).

This definitely screams "I'm in detox mode so WWE doesn't accidentally promote someone from TNA." Might as well be wearing yellow polka dots. OTOH, it was pleasing to hear the old catch phrases again, like "Captain Charisma" and "peeps."

Yeah, we get all of the good Christian catch phrases and, thankfully since we're in the PG era, no 15 minute long segments about Ass Cream

I'm perfectly fine with Christian's new theme, but I'm really gonna miss his TNA theme (best one on the roster IMO) and the "Instant Classic" moniker.

[quote name='JJSP']TNA has signed Stevie Richards, but it's unclear in what capacity he'll work with the company.[/quote]

Russo has been big on Richards for a long time. Here's hoping he gets something good to work with.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']What has Russo done, post-WWE, that has ever been "good" or even "watchable"?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't blame all of TNA's woes on Russo. Jarrett is the Vince McMahon of the company and approves (I believe) all the story stuff. Russo is bad, Russo is dreadful, but he's not alone. He requires willing accomplices that look at his track record in writing and, despite that, continue to let him wield a pen (or MS Word, more likely).

It's easy to see how that works in TNA's case. Jarrett sees Russo, thinks "I was champion in WCW under him, so obviously he has some eye for talent and writing," and is blinded by his ego being sated by holding the title.

But while Russo is bad, and TNA's writing is dreadful, it's a moderate improvement over Dutch Mantel, who was so beyond out of touch that I'm amazed TNA was even shown in color while he was the head writer.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Christian came back to wrestle in ECW? Shit like this is why I remember I quit watching.[/QUOTE]

He didn't like his lack of push in TNA. :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin'] Christian's theme song needs to be set on fire. [/quote]

Glad to see I'm not the only one that hates the new music. I would've preferred the old version of the song. Makes me wonder why they didn't stick with the old one.

[quote name='mykevermin']Midway filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection today.

This almost certainly means no TNA Impact! 2. From Midway, anyway.[/quote]

fuck fuck fuck

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/articles/8854524/92755341

As if April couldn’t possibly get any bigger – WWE.com has learned that eight days following the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania, WWE will “shake things up” once again, with a 2009 WWE Draft that will commence live on Monday Night Raw, on USA Network.

In many ways, the WWE Universe continues to feel the aftershocks created by from last year’s epic Draft on Raw (click here to relive 2008 Draft coverage), during which 10 Superstars changed their respective home brands. (Followed by more than a dozen Superstars who were affected by a subsequent Supplemental Draft that took place on WWE.com.) Several of those roster adjustments quickly resulted in title changes that dramatically altered the WWE landscape – among them, CM Punk winning the World Heavyweight Championship from Edge a week after the Straightedge Superstar had been drafted to Raw.

With that, what can our Superstars, General Managers and you, the WWE Universe, expect from the Draft when Raw commences live in Atlanta's Philips Arena April 13? Details will be forthcoming in the weeks ahead, though one thing is certain: as per Mr. McMahon’s statement a year before, it will be “time to shake things up around here!”

The draft means nothing because even after all this time WWE has not figured out how to make the brands mean anything. I always feel like they're sitting on a goldmine with the brands if they would actually do something with it.

bread's done
Back