The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] $107.99 at Amazon

If I had the money, I so would jump on this as I don't have any of the guides anymore. Only had Twilight Princess and N64 Ocarina of Time guides at one time.

Kind of wish they'd sell the books individually.  I could go without the bookmark, the bookholder, and the certificate if the price was right.

I mean, errr this is mostly just a "special" reprinting of a lot of these guides that they pretty much couldn't GIVE away before, besides the chest there really is nothing that warrants this price-tag for $153... This is pretty much a "Hey you guys bought all the Hyrule Historia so here is another limited* thing!" *Limited meaning "Hey this is limited, so buy this because WHO KNOWS... it MIGHT be super expensive and you could sell it on ebay!"
This is also how I feel about this box set. While I absolutely love the Zelda series (and bought the Hyrule Historia), I'm not really interested in this set....especially at the huge price tag. I'd be a bit more interested if these were various artbooks or something of the sort rather than guides. But I'm happy for those that want this.

I'm not sure I'll bite at that price for those games, yet if it was double the price and included all the console Zelda games, I'd already have it preordered

I could be wrong on this, but nowhere does it say it is "hand signed".  It just says signed.... which could just mean it has his signature on it (mass produced photo copy on individually numbered certificates). 

Contacted Amazon support to ask why the item didn't show up as Prime eligible, he told me that when the item released it would automatically be upgraded to Prime shipping and then asked if I wanted to change my shipping from Standard to Two-Day. I told him only if I had his assurance that if the shipping didn't automatically upgrade to Prime, if I could get the shipping charge refunded.

Instead of any hassles, he just gave me two day shipping at no charge, so it might pay off to contact support to see if they can help you out as well.

Beats paying $13 for shipping if you're already a Prime member.

just upped me to free oneday after contact said it was a site error causin it and now 30 dollar promo credit weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care about FS as $4 isn't going to make or break me, I just hope the price drops back down to $120... or less.

I have to pass. That price is huge, especially considering I own all those hardcover guides, sans the Ocarina 3D one. This is still pretty cool, though!

Well it is (surpisingly) cheaper than the US in the Canadian Store. I have recently moved to Canada and the price hike on pretty much everything is the norm.

The way I see it, there is "allegedly" high quality box, golden edged guides, hardcovers, signature, and a numbered certificate. It would definitely help assessing the value of the package if the total number produced was explained or if the signature was elaborated (whether it is hand signed or mass produced).

I have put in a pre-order as I am hoping more details will come out as we get closer to the release date. If the signature is mass produced and the edition is not too limited, I would put a price of about $70-80 on this for it to be worth buying of my personal collection.

Is this exclusive to Amazon?

The price and everything else for this made me think it was going to be a more complete collection - at least LttP. I don't know why they'd include guides to the DS games (Phantom Hourglass was decent) and not Minish Cap or the recently re-released Oracle games. If that was the case, then this might set might justify it's price.
Yeah I was hoping for a modern guide set for every game in the series.

Some reprint with some additions to existing stuff is just disappointing

Ill have to contact amazon about it. And why is someone saying $13 for shipping? Mine says $3.99 for shipping. Ill try for the $120 price and prime shippoing too. They tend to hook me up all the time.

I might jump on this one. I don't think I have any of the original printings of these guides, and always wanted them. I remember seeing them in stores, and they looked fantastic. Coffee-table sized books with extremely attractive hardcover binding.

Ill have to contact amazon about it. And why is someone saying $13 for shipping? Mine says $3.99 for shipping. Ill try for the $120 price and prime shippoing too. They tend to hook me up all the time.
Good luck. I was on chat forever w/ an idiot named Karthik. I didn't ask for the better price or the free shipping. I didn't have a chance to. The moron spent an hour telling me I was wrong on everything, that posting "FREE 2-day shipping for Amazon Students" does NOT imply that you would receive free shipping if you're an Amazon Student, that there was no error or mistake, and nobody would receive anything. False advertising? Bait n switch? Dishonest? Of course not! Just because s/he said s/he'd send it over to another department to fix, DOES not MEAN THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

P.S. The following are the prices for shipping for people with Prime (I don't know about everyone else):

Standard Shipping - $3.99
Two-Day Shipping - $12.98
One-Day Shipping - $19.98

Good luck. I was on chat forever w/ an idiot named Karthik. I didn't ask for the better price or the free shipping. I didn't have a chance to. The moron spent an hour telling me I was wrong on everything, that posting "FREE 2-day shipping for Amazon Students" does NOT imply that you would receive free shipping if you're an Amazon Student, that there was no error or mistake, and nobody would receive anything. False advertising? Bait n switch? Dishonest? Of course not! Just because s/he said s/he'd send it over to another department to fix, DOES not MEAN THERE WAS ANYTHING WRONG IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

P.S. The following are the prices for shipping for people with Prime (I don't know about everyone else):

Standard Shipping - $3.99
Two-Day Shipping - $12.98
One-Day Shipping - $19.98
Yea i didnt notice he said 2 day shipping. lol But dude Amazon is ALWAYS throwing credits and stuff at me. One time, when Dead Rising 2 came out, I never received my guaranteed servbot head avatar award. They gave me a $10 credit, 50% off Marvel vs Capcom 3, and then... a week or so later.. i got my Servbot mask avatar award anyway. I;ve also received $5-10 credits for other small errors. None of which did I complain asking for money back, all I wanted was my avatar award and they just rhew stuff at me. lol i just emailed them about prime shipping and about the price of the item. let's see if my luck still goes because I have YET to not receive something for sending them an emai. I think emailing them is the key to my success rate because i never ever call them on the phone.

bah no luck on a price change for me from amazon. they did however completely forget to even comment abuot my question about shipping and only answered me about price changing the item. so now I wait to hear about the shipping situation

It used to say will only be available to those who preorder. Either way this will sell out soon as if this is really numbered and hand signed by Eiji Aonuma then how many copies could you really ask someone to sign? My guess 2000-3000. Could you really ask someone to hand sign 10,000+ certificates?
As someone else has pointed out it doesn't say hand signed anywhere. It's much more likely to be a printed signature or autopen. This has been posted so many places including some big name video game blogs I'd be surprised if far more than your guess hadn't sold already. Although it is pretty damn pricey so who knows.

It sounds like limited is going to end up being limited to as many pre-orders as we can possibly sell or as many as we can print in one run. I guess people will find out for sure when they get it though since it is numbered.

bah no luck on a price change for me from amazon. they did however completely forget to even comment abuot my question about shipping and only answered me about price changing the item. so now I wait to hear about the shipping situation
Funny thing... I asked about the shipping too, and after the CS acknowledged that I should get free shipping as a Prime member, she told me that I was not chraged for my pre-order and that my order will only charged once the item ships. I'm kinda confused as to how someone could understand the question and then answer something completely unrelated.

Hopefully Amazon isn't taking more pre orders they can fill. I've read about this happening with The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy hardcover set. They say that this set is individually numbered but what don't know what that number is. Could be 5,000 or could be 100,000.

Love the absurd price changes with the peaks and valleys and now is a good time to buy low before the next price hike and you can at least be locked in at this price or possibly lower with this extreme trend.

What's with all the people repeating the exact same info in this thread? I've never seen that before.

:D

Ordered... Guh, I'm such a sucker. I already have the hardcovers of the four previously-released guides... :(

thats too bad about the signature. anyways 117 is still quite the deal for 6 books and the extras

just to make sure I got this right, if I preordered this at $120, i should be able to get this at $117 (or lower if it drops more) before it ships, right?

So I ordered at $152 and Amazon said I'd get a $32 credit when it ships to price match at $120. So now my order shows $117. I'm hoping when this ships the guy still gives me a $32 refund because well I'm.a CAG

$150 for strategy guides? I can't see anyone other than series superfans seriously putting down the dough for this. 

I only have two of these games, and have no real reason to get this. That said I did pre-order because as soon as its sold out I'll want it. Is it still a problem if you're self-aware enough to recognize it?

I pre-ordered it, If I for some reason don't happen to have the money at the time I'll cancel it beforehand.

cakefoo wrote:
This pisses me off. Sure signature can mean one or the other, but saying, "signed by Eiji Aonuma" when really it was stamped by a machine, is just a lie. :/
They never said you were getting a live signature. The exact wording is "with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma". Did you also think he was going to write you a personal message too? Who are you to him? Don't get angry their marketing speak fooled you. That's its job.

bread's done
Back