The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] $107.99 at Amazon

I only have two of these games, and have no real reason to get this. That said I did pre-order because as soon as its sold out I'll want it. Is it still a problem if you're self-aware enough to recognize it?
Nope as long as you can reognize it and justifiy it/ignore it!

On that note, I too was upset to miss the $120 price, and glad it went do in price. I will preorder one I guesss.....

I just noticed that in the stock pic, all the guides have the Skyward Sword logo on them (only the borders are different)... I hope they give each guide a unique logo.

And I also hope this is limited to some extent, otherwise, I'm going to have a hard time justifying the $120 price tag since I already have the ones that were released as HCs (TP, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, and Skyward Sword). I'm hoping the box is nice, at least. Given the weight of these guides, it has to be plastic... right?

Last edited by a moderator:
cakefoo wrote:They never said you were getting a live signature. The exact wording is "with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma". Did you also think he was going to write you a personal message too? Who are you to him? Don't get angry their marketing speak fooled you. That's its job.
doesn't say personal message. expecting a generic printed message and an actual signature if it were a low print run would make perfect sense.

They never said you were getting a live signature. The exact wording is "with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma". Did you also think he was going to write you a personal message too? Who are you to him? Don't get angry their marketing speak fooled you. That's its job.
So I guess "Eiji Aonuma" is the name of an ink-spitting robot:

5176rt4NYoL.jpg

well thats sweet my order auto updated to the 117$ price.  still need to call amazon though since im a long time prime member and this should be free shipping for prime.

well thats sweet my order auto updated to the 117$ price. still need to call amazon though since im a long time prime member and this should be free shipping for prime.
I was able to get Free Prime 2-day Shipping. You should just cancel and reorder.

So I guess "Eiji Aonuma" is the name of an ink-spitting robot:

5176rt4NYoL.jpg
It sure is! The robot copies the signature and then duplicates it over and over again through magical devices called printers.

In all seriousness, it's not necessarily a low print run. It's a single print run. If they get a million preorders they will print it a million times. You think they would make Aonuma sign a million times? It's unrealistic to expect him to sign every copy whether it's 100 or 100 million. If he was going to sign these there would likely be a set print number that would be in the 100s maybe a couple thousand, but they have essentially an unlimited print number at the moment so it should be obvious he wouldn't be signing them himself. Besides they would have explicitly stated that he was going to sign each one rather than saying that there was a signature included. Again this is marketing speak that you (and I'm sure many others) misinterpreted (as they very likely intended) and are now upset when you find out you were wrong. Don't get flustered, it happens.

I think that maybe they should have done this like The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy. At first, offer the a hardcover set at a limited print run and actually have Eiji Aonuma hand sign each set like Yoshitaka Amano did with The Sky and then offer a slipped cased edition at a lower price.

$116.99! Thank GOD for Pre-order price guarantee! And I was gonna pay $153 for it! awesome! and I own 3 of them already so I can probably sell those for $10-15 a piece so thats another $30-45 saved right there. gooood times

Also, to you prime members, just email them about it. I explained that as a Prime member I get anything fulfilled by amazon at the prime rate of fre 2 day shipping. They forwarded my email to another department and also changed my order to free 2 day shipping So if this stays at the current $117, thats what I will pay for it. And I hope the other department gets back to me and hooks me up, we shall see. But this price drop is GREAT

Also, to you prime members, just email them about it. I explained that as a Prime member I get anything fulfilled by amazon at the prime rate of fre 2 day shipping. They forwarded my email to another department and also changed my order to free 2 day shipping So if this stays at the current $117, thats what I will pay for it. And I hope the other department gets back to me and hooks me up, we shall see. But this price drop is GREAT
Cancel and reorder would have been easier.

haha nah i emailed, they changed it next day. and this way, they tend to give me something like some kind of credit of some ind. They might not, but now that chance is open for it to hapen as, 90% of the time, it does. That and it didn't occur to me to re-do it cuz i emailed them when it was $153 BEFORE it dropped to $117 lol

I just recieved an email back from Prima stating that the extras that were included with the individual guides (ie cloth maps, bookmarks, etc.) are not included in this set. I know it has been posted elsewhere but I didn't see it here. Just to let everyone know if they didn't see that on the Amazon comments.  That's what I was most looking forward to so I may not keep my preorder.

Hmm they dont have the extras?... damn then whats the point? Stuff like that makes them collector's editions. Otherwise its just a regular edition in better binding. We shall see as it gets closer ro november. But i def will cancel mine if theyre not identical (or with added materiail in skyward swords situation) to the ones that came out when the games launched, hen its not worth it.

The Twilight Princess guide should also be the [background=#fafafa]revised version.[/background]
That reminds me - my current copy of this is the revised edition - and I've always wanted the original release to go with it...

...but looking on eBay, I'm not sure I can justify $50+ on it when I just pre-ordered this $120 box set.

Maybe prices will go down once this set is released. :D

Those of you who are cancelling and re-ordering to get prime/free shipping, its not necessary. Just go to your orders page and select 'Change Ship Method' on the order, I also changed the payment method on my order to the store card.

Carry on.

It sure is! The robot copies the signature and then duplicates it over and over again through magical devices called printers.

In all seriousness, it's not necessarily a low print run. It's a single print run. If they get a million preorders they will print it a million times. You think they would make Aonuma sign a million times? It's unrealistic to expect him to sign every copy whether it's 100 or 100 million. If he was going to sign these there would likely be a set print number that would be in the 100s maybe a couple thousand, but they have essentially an unlimited print number at the moment so it should be obvious he wouldn't be signing them himself. Besides they would have explicitly stated that he was going to sign each one rather than saying that there was a signature included. Again this is marketing speak that you (and I'm sure many others) misinterpreted (as they very likely intended) and are now upset when you find out you were wrong. Don't get flustered, it happens.
For the last time, it doesn't just say signature -- the product image says you are getting a COA "signed by Eiji Aonuma."

And it would have been believeable because athletes have signed multiple thousands of the same card for placement in packs of sports cards, which is roughly the same range I predict this set will sell or be capped at.

If they get a million preorders they will print it a million times.
It really bugs me when people state opinion/speculation as fact.

It really bugs me when people state opinion/speculation as fact.
They did say that they are printing for however many preorders they get. So it's not opinion/speculation. If you read some of the advertising materials it says that they are taking preorders right now with no cap in place but they will cap it at some point. If they knew ahead of time how many they were going to print they would have stated it.

Also, I'm starting to get the feeling either you can't read properly (English not your first language maybe?) or you refuse to go back and reread the information provided. The exact quote from the ad says "with a signature and message from Mr. Eiji Aonuma", not that you are receiving a CoA signed by him. These are two very different things. If we get something individually signed that would be a wonderful surprise, but I highly doubt it will happen that way.

Speaking of, has anyone reached out to Prima to get the final word on this?

Actually, the ad says "CoA signed by Eiji". Just sayin.
5176rt4NYoL.jpg

Hmm, you're right. I wonder why the wording is different in the product description. I should have looked at the picture again.

They did say that they are printing for however many preorders they get. So it's not opinion/speculation. If you read some of the advertising materials it says that they are taking preorders right now with no cap in place but they will cap it at some point.
Link please?

Hmm, you're right. I wonder why the wording is different in the product description. I should have looked at the picture again.
Yeah, you should have, considering I brought it to your attention twice. Someone should take their own advice about reading comprehension.

Yeah, you should have, considering I brought it to your attention twice. Someone should take their own advice about reading comprehension.
I think we could just about call it a draw since we were both correct in the end. I was pulling the quote from the product description and you were just looking at the picture. I managed to find my error, did you?

With regard to the limited nature, I could forward the email from Prima, but I don't know how to screen cap the text.

I think we could just about call it a draw since we were both correct in the end. I was pulling the quote from the product description and you were just looking at the picture. I managed to find my error, did you?
I was never wrong. The first thing I ever said was in acknowledgment of both forms of the wording and how one was more ambiguous than the other:

Sure signature can mean one or the other, but saying, "signed by Eiji Aonuma" when really it was stamped by a machine, is just a lie. :/
Considering you replied directly to the above post, it's funny that you would suggest I was "just looking at the picture." I clearly examined both parts of the listing and was trying to correct you because you were claiming that only one of them existed.

This is now the third time you have demonstrated poor reading comprehension, and I bet you're just going to keep on doing it. Welcome to my ignore list. :/

Actually, I have yet to solve one last claim from you:

With regard to the limited nature, I could forward the email from Prima, but I don't know how to screen cap the text.
Can't you just highlight and copy and paste the text? Or is it a picture?

cakefoo wrote:
I was never wrong. The first thing I ever said was in acknowledgment of both forms of the wording and how one was more ambiguous than the other:

Considering you replied directly to the above post, it's funny that you would suggest I was "just looking at the picture." I clearly examined both parts of the listing and was trying to correct you because you were claiming that only one of them existed.

This is now the third time you have demonstrated poor reading comprehension, and I bet you're just going to keep on doing it. Welcome to my ignore list. :/

Actually, I have yet to solve one last claim from you:

Can't you just highlight and copy and paste the text? Or is it a picture?
You never made any acknowledgement of the product descriptions' wording in previous posts. It seems like neither of us recognized the other version of the product information. Why would you argue the semantics of the wording if you knew they both existed without mentioning you knew they both were right? You are mistaking reading comprehension for psychic ability, which I will freely admit I am lacking. :p

At any rate, here's the text in the email (I didn't want to just post the text initially because I figured you wouldn't believe it without seeing it for yourself, but here goes):

"Surprise, Zelda fans! We are proud to announce a first of it's kind box set, the limited edition The Legend of Zelda Box Set on Amazon.com. With pre-orders already skyrocketing up the charts, it's clear that The Legend of Zelda Box Set is a highly-coveted gem (rupee?) trending at #4 (and rising!) as a top best seller. Plus, for the first time ever, The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D guide is available in hard cover and exclusive to this box set!

This limited edition set will only be printed once and the number available will be set in stone very soon. So what are you waiting for?"

It's that last sentence that clearly shows there isn't a limit in place yet. As I said before, they will surely print as many as they can sell so the "rarity" of the set will depend on how many people actually order it.

And it would have been believeable because athletes have signed multiple thousands of the same card for placement in packs of sports cards, which is roughly the same range I predict this set will sell or be capped at.
It's been in the top selling books for almost a week now, at one point it was number 3, it seems like it could easily be more than a few thousand.

I'm confused by your argument with Chrono, are you trying to argue that it is a real signature? It has already been confirmed it's not.

It's been in the top selling books for almost a week now, at one point it was number 3, it seems like it could easily be more than a few thousand.

I'm confused by your argument with Chrono, are you trying to argue that it is a real signature? It has already been confirmed it's not.

The original argument was whether or not it could be a live signature. Then it spiraled into a childish Internet argument when I admitted that I saw the alternative wording in the picture versus the product description. My initial argument was that the wording in the product description leads one to the conclusion that the signature would not be live, which was misinterpreted as the wording in the picture (I think) and we bickered about semantics for a while till another poster pointed out the wording was different in the picture. It's my fault for admitting I overlooked something. Never admit your wrong in an Internet argument. It only feeds trolls I guess.

Sorry everyone for off-topic pissing contest. At least we learned the production number would be decided shortly. Whether or not they will tell us the number is anyone's guess.

You never made any acknowledgement of the product descriptions' wording in previous posts. It seems like neither of us recognized the other version of the product information. Why would you argue the semantics of the wording if you knew they both existed without mentioning you knew they both were right?
I knew both phrases existed but "signature" was too vague to mean one or the other, whereas "signed by" in very plain English suggested that Aonuma interacted with the COA. Afterall, this exact same wording was used to describe the authentic signature in the Art of Final Fantasy boxset:

Can you honestly not understand why people like me are pissed at what lengths they can go to describe reprints? Even amateur ebay resellers are more honest about their reprints.

This limited edition set will only be printed once and the number available will be set in stone very soon. So what are you waiting for?" It's that last sentence that clearly shows there isn't a limit in place yet. As I said before, they will surely print as many as they can sell so the "rarity" of the set will depend on how many people actually order it.
Thanks for the info.

The original argument was whether or not it could be a live signature.
No, you started an argument claiming there was only one exact wording, "signature." I tried to tell you numerous times that there was another wording in the listing, "signed by Eiji Aonuma." I said it in quotations to imply they weren't my own words (post #97), posted an image of the quote (post #105), repeated the quote again in quotes (post #125), all which you completely ignored until someone in post #128 echoed what I had been saying the whole time. This was a case of you shutting me off on a personal level for whatever reason, I don't know. Maybe you thought I was arguing the signature was real. I wasn't. I knew it was fake and said so in post #97 when I labeled it a lie. I was only arguing with you because you were acting like that wording didn't exist.

Then it spiraled into a childish Internet argument when I admitted that I saw the alternative wording in the picture versus the product description.
It's hilarious that you look at it that way, because you are the one who was questioning my English and reading comprehension all along. I resent you not only for that, but for ironically being the one who failed to comprehend my 3 attempts to quote the listing, and finally, I resent you for revising the story to twist it into me being a jerk who hasn't learned their lesson.

It's my fault for admitting I overlooked something. Never admit your wrong in an Internet argument. It only feeds trolls I guess.
More like admit when you're wrong and don't try to bring others down in the process.

Man this guy still thinks he was right. Whatever, you were arguing for the sake of it? Yes I will question your English when you fail to read and respond appropriately. You blindly said I was wrong about the alternative phrase being listed in the description no matter what. You were wrong. /slaps himself

Okay, done feeding the troll. The ignore list has you.

Children please.  Both of you stop your dickwaving match.  You are both as much at fault at this. cakefoo was just trying to prove one wording of it, and Chrono the other.  You are both too blind to stop arguing about it.  Both should take each others advice, look more closely, and stop trying to be right.  /thread.

You blindly said I was wrong about the alternative phrase being listed in the description no matter what. You were wrong. /slaps himself
Now that you say that, I think I know what you're talking about. Was it when I said this?

it doesn't just say signature -- the product image says you are getting a COA "signed by Eiji Aonuma."
To be perfectly clear, I occasionally use the word "just" to mean "exclusively" or "only." I should rephrase it:

Not only does it say "signature," it also says in the product image that you're getting a COA "signed by Eiji Aonuma."
Hopefully that's all this misunderstanding is based on!

I personally couldn't enjoy some big ass books that cost me over 100. To put it in perspective I have never bought a console for over 100 and I have obtained a 70" 60" 65"HD and 55"HD TV for 65$ not including the minus 25 for selling the 55"HD. Other than bragging I'm trying to say that my success with cheapness has jaded me. If I could pay 100 for a 360 why would I buy a set of books that I will enjoy less? I would buy one to sell it and make a profit why? Because that money I earn will let me buy something that I truly enjoy.

Ok so is it confirmed that these special editions are missing items fron the normal special editions? Like cloth maps or whatever? Cuz i may not bother if thats the case considering i own 3 of the 6 guides already. I preordered just in case though

Ok so is it confirmed that these special editions are missing items fron the normal special editions? Like cloth maps or whatever? Cuz i may not bother if thats the case considering i own 3 of the 6 guides already. I preordered just in case though
Someone here said that Prima responded to his email and told as such, that the extras are not included.

Someone here said that Prima responded to his email and told as such, that the extras are not included.
Well this makes it significantly less appealing for me. I was already having a hard time justifying this, but now I'm feeling that this isn't worth it for me. Still worth holding on to a pre-order in any case, but disappointing news nonetheless.

yea i maye have to pass then. we'll see if it goes any lower near november and ill decide on canceling it. I mean the OoT3D wasn't even made available, and I DO own 3 of the special edition guides already, so it'd be 2 that I don't have that are complete with extras. i'd have to see if it'd be cheaper to get the Skyward Sword and Wind Waker special edition guides cuz realistically those are the only 2 i dont have special editions for (not including OoT3d). ugh Decisions decisions. 1st world problems, am i right?

Well this makes it significantly less appealing for me. I was already having a hard time justifying this, but now I'm feeling that this isn't worth it for me. Still worth holding on to a pre-order in any case, but disappointing news nonetheless.
Agree! The box etc are nice, but none of the extras kind of sucks. I three of them already so even less of a reason to drop the money on this.

Price dropped down to $107.99. On a random note though, I'm wondering why this has a free shipping option and yet The Sky doesn't.

bread's done
Back