The Legend of Zelda Box Set: Prima Official Game Guide [Hardcover] $107.99 at Amazon

This thing is such a rip off. I watched this thing price drop like 4-5 times now almost by a hundred bucks.

Kind of funny I was half intrigued by it at first. Now from what I see with the stability of it I wouldn't pay $50 bucks.

This thing is such a rip off. I watched this thing price drop like 4-5 times now almost by a hundred bucks.

Kind of funny I was half intrigued by it at first. Now from what I see with the stability of it I wouldn't pay $50 bucks.
What does that have to do with it? 6 Hardcover guides for $108~ is pretty good, expecially considering it's Nintendo.

What does that have to do with it? 6 Hardcover guides for $108~ is pretty good, expecially considering it's Nintendo.
But the price dropped before release, it must be worthless!!!

Nobody in their right mind would pass on a product just because the price became more reasonable. He's either a subpar troll or a flipper.

Last edited by a moderator:
My price has updated. Id like the WW, SS, and Ocarina strategy guides. Kinda wish they would have done Majoras Mask and the new 3DS game instead of the DS games

First of all, the $95 price is only for Chapters members. Second, the free shipping is only for Canada. Third, it's not even clear they will ship this to the United States. So, please stop repeatedly posting this and expecting praise.

First of all, the $95 price is only for Chapters members. Second, the free shipping is only for Canada. Third, it's not even clear they will ship this to the United States. So, please stop repeatedly posting this and expecting praise.
I've never posted this before. In fact, the only reason I posted this is because I saw someone else mention the canadian site and so I saw it drop and thought I'd tell everyone also. Wasn't it $8 shipping? Wouldn't that make it $103 or so. The membership is free for anyone as I understand.

Considering how much some of these guides sell on the secondary market this price is a steal, I think even Spirit Tracks is starting to sell for $25 plus new.

I've purchased every single guide and haven't been disappointed with them, I'm glad the price went down or else I might not have picked them up. (still debating)

I've never posted this before. In fact, the only reason I posted this is because I saw someone else mention the canadian site and so I saw it drop and thought I'd tell everyone also. Wasn't it $8 shipping? Wouldn't that make it $103 or so. The membership is free for anyone as I understand.

I am in Canada and appreciate the heads up. However, I will stick with Amazon.ca for 102 and free shipping particularly because I have more faith in Amazon's low price guarantee. Though to be honest, some of this faith is from my dealings with Amazon.com in US as I am learning that Caddie is no where near that competitive. Hell, here many retailers including best buy and memory express beat Amazon prices

I am in Canada and appreciate the heads up. However, I will stick with Amazon.ca for 102 and free shipping particularly because I have more faith in Amazon's low price guarantee. Though to be honest, some of this faith is from my dealings with Amazon.com in US as I am learning that Caddie is no where near that competitive. Hell, here many retailers including best buy and memory express beat Amazon prices
I also ordered an amazon.ca copy. I've had a different experience with chapters. I've had my books come in pristine condition from chapters and problematic from amazon. Plus I've never had an issue with fixing the price. When I saw the price drop I called them today and had them make a note on my order of the $95 price so that it will only charge that rate. Can't you call amazon right now and tell them it's $95 on chapters and for them to price match? I've never done that but I wonder if you could.

Pre-ordered six of them

I can wait 5, 7, even 10 years for a good $300 in profit.

As a child I should have never opened my old games. I should have kept them shrink wrapped.

I'd have enough for a couple month's rent by now, in exchange for a childhood.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69AyYUJUBTg

1) Will opening the chest make the musical sound?
2) Do we have to show off each books by lifting it up?
3) Will subtitles appear?

Just messing :whistle2:D

Hmm for $107 I decided to throw down a pre-order while I think about it. Can always cancel before it ships if I change my mind. Thanks OP.

Also it would be amazing if they made it a music box so when you opened it that music played.

I'm not sure if this is new, but today Amazon is offering free shipping for $107.99. I believe many still have a $4 shipping charge if you pre-ordered before.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Zelda-Box-Set/dp/0804161380/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384806431&sr=8-1&keywords=zelda+guide
Urgh. I already have all these guides outside of The Wind Waker. I wish they would offer the OoT3D guide separately.

Though let's see...$108 for the package...that's roughly $18 per guide. That's $72 worth of guides I already own.

...I doubt I could sell the four guides I already have for $72 though. Bah.

I got mine on Wednesday. The first thing you will notice is that it is heavy. The skyward sword guide is much thicker. The bookmark is not something you want use in a book. Its awesome but thick and metal. Its clearly for looks. I'm like 14950/50000 on the note. I thought this was much more limited than that. There are no extras like pullout maps or cloth maps. I love it but regret selling my old editions with the maps when this was first announced. The ocarina of time guide is really thin and was the main reason I got this. Foe $100 it's worth it. 6 beautiful guides in a neat and compact box. The lid is magnetized. I just wish it had the extras and that it made the treasure sound when it opened.

8/10

Well, considering it didn't have the extras listed, and was said on here that it wouldn't have them eitherI don't know why you sold them.  That's the main reason I didn't as soon as it was announced.

has anyone received theirs?

any feedback?
I got mine a few days ago. The case, guides, and bookmark are all very nice. I give the books and the bookmark 10/10 while the case is a 8/10. I love that they updated a few of the guides. Just overall stunning.

The one thing that sort of ticked me off though was that I preordered mine within the first 10 minutes it was available on like January 15th, 2013. Well my guide set is like 43,500/50,000. What! If I was that deep in the line up the thing would have sold out on the same day.

Amazon doesn't magically allot special edition/numbered items by when you preorder them, especially since this was not printed by them.  I don't know why you got that idea.

Amazon doesn't magically allot special edition/numbered items by when you preorder them, especially since this was not printed by them. I don't know why you got that idea.
Well It wasn't just a random chest inside a standard amazon UPS box. The chest came in its own Prima games cardboard box with an ISBN number on it. I was sort of hoping that Prima Games would have at least had pallets in numerical order for Amazon. Pull from this pallet first, etc. I do not see how that is so far out of the realm of possibility.

I'm holding out against hope that Prima decides to sell the OoT3D guide separately someday in a super-limited run or something.

But I keep eyeballing the Amazon page for these guides and think about pulling the trigger...I just don't know if I want to bother with selling my existing guide for it. Gah!

I'm not super-concerned about the thicker Skyward Sword guide really.

I returned 2 of them today, forgot I had them pre ordered and got the $2xx in my account and freaked out a bit. I REALLY debated on keeping one because that box is so damn cool but decided against it. I think it'll take a while for them to sell out of these since the price tag is a bit high.. but it is Zelda

Just a heads up. You can use the promo code BOOKDEAL to get some money off of this set. I tried and it is only $10. It's something at least. I didn't order it, though. Too expensive.

I'm holding out against hope that Prima decides to sell the OoT3D guide separately someday in a super-limited run or something.

But I keep eyeballing the Amazon page for these guides and think about pulling the trigger...I just don't know if I want to bother with selling my existing guide for it. Gah!

I'm not super-concerned about the thicker Skyward Sword guide really.
I'm currently bidding on a first edition Twilight Princess hardcover. If you would have a sealed one for sale, I could be interested. :D

How can you tell which one is a first edition? I still have one sealed.
The sticker on the front says it's expanded with new content and the paper insert on the back says it as well.

eBay Auctions:

First edition - http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Twilight-Princess-Collectors-Edition-Guide-New-Sealed-/261331431885?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd89131cd

Second Edition - http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGEND-OF-ZELDA-TWILIGHT-PRINCESS-Strategy-guide-Brand-New-/300938580450?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item46115651e2

Roughly 50 lbs of hardcover Zelda goodness...

Just missing that First Edition Twilight Princess guide... can't bring myself to spend the money on it though. ;)

I was thinking of ordering one but ended up canceling once I realized 50k of them were made. There is a good chance that it might receive another price drop,

Mine will be here tomorrow. I'm excited to open it, but I have no room for the bloody thing, so that's a bit of a concern. lol

I was thinking of ordering one but ended up canceling once I realized 50k of them were made. There is a good chance that it might receive another price drop,
This. 50k is a huge # and nowhere near limited. I really just want the chest I don't really care about the reprinted and stripped out guides.

I got mine a couple of days ago, I didn't have any of the guides normally so I figured this was a good deal even without the extras, I do have the CE of HH though, and ended up ordering the ALBW CE guide as well now to go with these. The chest is pretty cool and the bookmark is awesome as well. These guides are really nice looking and are about what I expected them to be, kinda funny when I set the box down the stuff around it moved a little, was a bit heavier then I was expecting.

bread's done
Back