The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Oh man. I'm going to be out of commission after ACL surgery for a month starting exactly October 1st. Great timing.

[quote name='jer7583']Oh man. I'm going to be out of commission after ACL surgery for a month starting exactly October 1st. Great timing.[/QUOTE]

the pikmin games were my main activity when i was recovering from ACL surgery. and i think i was playing a fair amount of animal crossing back then. the oxycotton was my favorite part. and is perfect for video game playing.

I just traded in MP3 for $35 and put all that towards Phantom Hourglass. I debated on throwing it down on SMG but that game is far enough away that I won't lament paying full price for it when the time comes.

[quote name='Strell']Is there a rundown of preorder bonuses/extras-when-purchased-@B&M somewhere?[/QUOTE]
the best seems to be from the CC ad thread:
Zelda Phantom Hourglass $34.99 with Free kit, includes Zelda Pen, Headphones and Asswipe, oops a 'screenwipe'
then there is a skin and green stylus from Walmart.com
0078033209672_215X215.jpg

Lastly someone said you can get a Prima guide for free w/purchase at TRU.

I called Gamestop and GameCrazy, neither had any bonuses they knew of.

I have a $25 gift card to Circuit City so I think I might order it online from them, hope it comes with all the extra goodies.

Does someone want to make a new "official thread" so we can update the first post with current information, such as bonuses, prices, release date, etc? Or should I do it? Or should we leave this thread with King's great first post :roll:

[quote name='buttle']the pikmin games were my main activity when i was recovering from ACL surgery. and i think i was playing a fair amount of animal crossing back then. the oxycotton was my favorite part. and is perfect for video game playing.[/QUOTE]

I played the original NES Super Mario Bros when I was out of comission for my ACL surgery - when it was a current system (that 1 month was the only time I ever played the NES. I also had Zelda 2 to stay on topic a bit ;)). Yes, I'm old...

And Botticus, no way - I remember you posting that too and I had already thought of it (and posted, I think) before that. Neener-neener...

Ad for preorder bonuses, I've been really disappointed with Nintendo on that front. You'd think they could get something out to stores like GS and GC for these big titles. Basically I've never gotten anything Nintendo-related from a preorder (I started playing the GC after the big Wind Waker bonus, which was pretty much the last one they had). There is some coin for Super Mario Galaxy that GC is supposed to have. Of course, I have that game preordered at EB.

[quote name='io']
And Botticus, no way - I remember you posting that too and I had already thought of it (and posted, I think) before that. Neener-neener...
[/quote]A winnar is me! (check the datestamps ;) - definitely a blast from the past browsing through those old posts!)
[quote name='botticus']Don't forget a green Zelda bundle. There is a Zelda DS rumored or announced somewhere along the way, so its a possibility.[/quote] [quote name='io']You MUST get a DS if you don't even have one yet. I'm holding off on the hype to dump my old DS for the lite. I am going to wait for a new color and/or bundle around Christmas time (green or gold with Zelda? :D).[/quote]
I think I will switch my EB preorder to something else with the notice that I can get the strategy guide free at TRU. Might as well since I'm paying $34.99 either way.

[quote name='chakan']the best seems to be from the CC ad thread:
quote]

Link please. Get it? Link. Teehee.

quote]

[/quote]

[quote name='botticus']A winnar is me! (check the datestamps ;) - definitely a blast from the past browsing through those old posts!)

I think I will switch my EB preorder to something else with the notice that I can get the strategy guide free at TRU. Might as well since I'm paying $34.99 either way.[/QUOTE]

Kudos on digging through those old posts. I know I wouldn't want to sort through the detritus of my thousands of old posts :lol:. Makes me want to be more careful about what I say from now on though!

Anyway, I'm tempted by the strat guide at TRU too... However, I would need to decide if $35 in cash or $35 in Gamecrazy credit (with an actual cost of about $15) is worth it. Well, I guess I just answered that - the start guide isn't worth $20 :lol:. Yeah, it costs that, but it isn't worth that (to me). I'm also quite shocked EB isn't charging their $5 DS game premium on Zelda. I know that when I preordered it over a year ago they were charging $40 for it, but it seems to have gone down to MSRP now. (I have since cancelled that and gone with a GC preorder).

[quote name='io']Kudos on digging through those old posts. I know I wouldn't want to sort through the detritus of my thousands of old posts :lol:. Makes me want to be more careful about what I say from now on though!

Anyway, I'm tempted by the strat guide at TRU too... However, I would need to decide if $35 in cash or $35 in Gamecrazy credit (with an actual cost of about $15) is worth it. Well, I guess I just answered that - the start guide isn't worth $20 :lol:. Yeah, it costs that, but it isn't worth that (to me). I'm also quite shocked EB isn't charging their $5 DS game premium on Zelda. I know that when I preordered it over a year ago they were charging $40 for it, but it seems to have gone down to MSRP now. (I have since cancelled that and gone with a GC preorder).[/quote]Nah, just searched our posts for "green," only a handful there.

As far as the value... yeah, I should be using my credit, but I'm attempting to use my credit as I would money, so $35 in EB credit is still $35. Which almost makes me not want to pay $35 at all... but I need a new DS game. :D

I'm not sure if this is posted, Gamestop have a lame bundle when you purchase a ds lite system with phantom hourglass you get a artcell.

b020275zb.jpg

[quote name='fuss']Can you price match that at CC? I have two CC $20 giftcards burning a hole in my pocket :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
might be difficult as circuit city will have their own bonus

Maybe the OP should add all the bonus.

TRU - free game guide

walmart.com - free stylus and DS skin
0078033209672_215X215.jpg

Circuit City - Zelda Pen, Headphones and screenwipe
zelda.jpg

gamestop - free art cell if you buy the game with the system
b020275zb.jpg

[quote name='62t']might be difficult as circuit city will have their own bonus[/quote]

edit - dur nevermind the answer is like a half inch above this post!

Any pics of the CC promo?

That TRU free guide deal, does it require a preorder, or can you just walk in on 10/1 and buy it? Do you think the game will be popular enough such that a preorder is required or will the store(s) have enough stock on hand for anyone to pick it up w/o a preorder?

LOZ:pH may me the excuse I have been looking for to get a DS.

Ruahrc

I've never once in my life not been able to buy a game release week. Seldom have I had to even go to more than one store to find it.

So, no, a preorder won't be required to find the game.

If you just mean the one Toy's R US, still probably not as they have a good relationship with Nintendo and tend to get a ton in--not sure how many guides they'll get though since it isn't a Nintendo made guide.

[quote name='Ruahrc']Do you think the game will be popular enough such that a preorder is required or will the store(s) have enough stock on hand for anyone to pick it up w/o a preorder?
[/QUOTE]

do you remember when this has ever happened with any game, ever? no..

halo3 has been overflowing store shelves since the day it came out, and that was the highest grossing entertainment launch in history.. surpassing spiderman3 and some other crazy launches

pre-orders are for suckers that want to give an interest free loan, or people that want the freebies that go along with the pre-order

[quote name='iamthekiller']do you remember when this has ever happened with any game, ever? no..[/quote]

Sounds like you've never bought a niche title before. Recently I've heard examples of people not being able to find either the third .hack GU game or Soul Nomad because their Gamestops didn't order any because no one preordered. When Rune Factory came out I couldn't find it in stores anywhere. Finally had to order it on Amazon.

[quote name='iamthekiller']do you remember when this has ever happened with any game, ever? no..

halo3 has been overflowing store shelves since the day it came out, and that was the highest grossing entertainment launch in history.. surpassing spiderman3 and some other crazy launches

pre-orders are for suckers that want to give an interest free loan, or people that want the freebies that go along with the pre-order[/quote]

Actually that's not always true. I've gone to Gamestop before and they would only give out copies for their pre-orders AND I've gone to Gamecrazy and they will straight up not get a more obscure game because there are no pre-orders. Pre-orders let them know that there is an intrest. But for the most part, pre-orders are just for the freebies.

That Halo 3 being such a huge entertainment launch is bullshit. When the item in question is $60 a pop or more and it's the most highly anticipated title of the past three years and with a marketing campaign that even your grandmother knows about it's not that hard to make the money that they made.

Yeah, I've taken to preordering anything I might possibly want at my local Gamecrazy. I missed out on several games like Worms 2, Jeanne D'Arc, and a few others there because they either get no copies or only the ones that are preordered. Or maybe (as in the case of Worms 2 for the DS) they get exactly ONE copy and if you aren't there right away someone snags it. Now, sure, I could find these somewhere else, but, see, I have credit to burn at Gamecrazy and would rather use that than spend real money elsewhere. Needless to say I preordered Zelda there just to be assured they would hold one for me and I don't have to be there the day it comes out if I'm too busy or something. I'm sure they will get several but they could easily run out in a few days.

And it isn't an interest-free loan since I have about $300 sitting in store credit there already, all of which was obtained at a profit from tradeins. So, yeah, I suppose it is a loan on the original cost of my games. But since I have made double or triple on most of the trade-ins I don't mind that at all.

[quote name='rainking187']Sounds like you've never bought a niche title before. Recently I've heard examples of people not being able to find either the third .hack GU game or Soul Nomad because their Gamestops didn't order any because no one preordered. When Rune Factory came out I couldn't find it in stores anywhere. Finally had to order it on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I just order those online, and don't even bother looking for them.

But I pretty much stick to the blockbuster titles anyway, so not an issue for me. Only like to play games I'd give a 9 or higher to if I can help it, and very few niche titles I've played ever end up scoring that high with me.

Sure, you may have problems finding even a big game at Gamestop. But I seldom set foot in those fucking nerd havens anyway. Just pop in a Best Buy or Target on the day the game is advertised as coming in, and I pretty much get it one stop everytime.

[quote name='iamthekiller']
pre-orders are for suckers that want to give an interest free loan, or people that want the freebies that go along with the pre-order[/QUOTE]

What loan? Amazon doesn't charge anything until they ship. I love getting my games delivered to me at work.

Hoping Family Video takes care of my request to cancel my order there so I can buy it at TRU.

Gonna shoot them a third email on Monday if I still don't get a reply.

[quote name='Foo228']
zelda-1.jpg

nice average from gamerankings but I can't see myself spending $35+ on this game (even with these extras)[/QUOTE]

That doesn't mean you'll like the game. There are ton of games with over 90% that I don't care for (New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Kart, etc)

[quote name='laaj']That doesn't mean you'll like the game. There are ton of games with over 90% that I don't care for (New Super Mario Brothers, Mario Kart, etc)[/quote]

That's true but I like to know that I'm not looking into a game that is flawed (even though this is the Legend of Zelda we're talking about! :hot::bouncy::cold:)

btw for what it's worth i loved the windwaker...but ive had my doubts about this game doing good ever since first hearing about it

Not sure if this is "post worthy" -

This evening I was at a local GS conducting a decent trade for credit. I mentioned my intent to buy the DS with Zelda bundle.
The "3rd" key manager replied - "the gold one"?
I guess the Nintendo rep was in his store within the last couple weeks and mentioned the bundle and the color...
But, every mention here has been about the red/black DS being within the Zelda bundle...(alas, unless I missed the thread/post)

Do we know that the TRU strat guide is a full-fledged one? Looks to me like it could be one of the chinsy mini guides to me.

why is the game guide 30 bucks? Is that the normal price for guides?
I was looking in Sunday flyers and so it. I don't usually buyguides but I thought they were only like 10-25 bucks.

I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for this to drop to $30 (probably never considering NSMB is still like $35) or use my $10 summer entertainment coupon on it.

[quote name='daroga']Do we know that the TRU strat guide is a full-fledged one? Looks to me like it could be one of the chinsy mini guides to me.[/QUOTE]

They've got the offer on the website now and it shows the $20 Prima guide as being free.

[quote name='donut']Not sure if this is "post worthy" -

This evening I was at a local GS conducting a decent trade for credit. I mentioned my intent to buy the DS with Zelda bundle.
The "3rd" key manager replied - "the gold one"?
I guess the Nintendo rep was in his store within the last couple weeks and mentioned the bundle and the color...
But, every mention here has been about the red/black DS being within the Zelda bundle...(alas, unless I missed the thread/post)[/quote]

a gold ds?!....now that would/could be sweet

[quote name='veedubkid']why is the game guide 30 bucks? Is that the normal price for guides?
I was looking in Sunday flyers and so it. I don't usually buyguides but I thought they were only like 10-25 bucks.[/quote]

its $30 since either nintendo or best buy know that it'll sell at that price (just look at guitar hero 80's edition selling at $50)

as far as i know, its not the normal price - its usually $15 to $20 (until they get pennied out)

[quote name='daroga']Do we know that the TRU strat guide is a full-fledged one? Looks to me like it could be one of the chinsy mini guides to me.[/quote]

It's the full Prima guide. Only option other than the overpriced collectors guide.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The $30 game guide is the collector's edition guide.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just picked that up at GameStop. Hardbound, with bookmark, map, and a little prologue book. $30 not so bad. Hopefully I should have the game in a few hours.

So the limited edition book has a prologue book?

What is it the story of windwaker or something? It's like a comic or picture book with text?

At first I didn't want the limited edition guide because I wasn't sure what's all in it, but that sounds interesting.

The $30 guide is a special ed guide.

Taken from
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8514351&st=Phantom+Hourglass.&lp=2&type=product&cp=1&id=1186006196759

This official strategy guide to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass features an exclusive cover and makes a matched set with The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess collector's edition. There's also an exclusive 16-page story booklet that more deeply immerses you in the legendary tale. Use the included maps to determine your location in the game and navigate through mystical realms and regions. Discover where each and every heart piece is hidden, and show your love for Zelda by hanging the included double-sided pullout poster. As you make your way through this 336-page hardcover guide, keep your place with the included deluxe leather-feel bookmark.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']So the limited edition book has a prologue book?

What is it the story of windwaker or something? It's like a comic or picture book with text?

At first I didn't want the limited edition guide because I wasn't sure what's all in it, but that sounds interesting.[/QUOTE]

Its literally 8 pages that shows the tale at the start of Phantom Hourglass. NOT worth the extra $10, but you do get a leather bookmark, poster/treasure map, and a hardbound guide.

bread's done
Back