The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

Looks interesting, I'm glad they're making another 2D style one. Though I thought they were making a Four Swords Adventures sequal for DS, I'd much rather have that.

Wow, that looks amazingly far along for us having not been talked about till today... maybe it'll come out before TP. ;)

wow... you had to know that the zelda game was coming but, boomshakalaka!! i like nintendos old school and new school approach with some of their classic franchises. 2d mario with 3d models, and it looks to be similar with zelda, classic topdown view with 3d models. woot.

I'm totally on board with this, except for the part where you have to use the stylus to tickle Tingle "in a special place that only fairies know about" to get him to translate your maps.

Cel-shading again DAMN IT!!!! I've been with zelda since day one and played just about every main zelda game. I would rather have something along the lines of OOT graphics though or maybe LTTP. Well a new zelda is always a good thing anyway, im sure the game will be great and im going to buy it graphical preference be damned. Really who am I to complain, I am sitting on my a$$ here while people are hard at work designing games for my entertainment.

I told myself I wasn't going to buy a DS, but then Nintendo did this... so conflicted on what to do. Looks fucking awesome.

[quote name='zewone']I told myself I wasn't going to buy a DS, but then Nintendo did this... so conflicted on what to do. Looks fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]
You're only cheating yourself by not owning a DS.

[quote name='airwavexiii']Cel-shading again DAMN IT!!!! I've been with zelda since day one and played just about every main zelda game. I would rather have something along the lines of OOT graphics though or maybe LTTP. Well a new zelda is always a good thing anyway, im sure the game will be great and im going to buy it graphical preference be damned. Really who am I to complain, I am sitting on my a$$ here while people are hard at work designing games for my entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Dude...You've got Twilight Princess on deck. Let us Wind Waker fans have our fun, too.

[quote name='daroga']You're only cheating yourself by not owning a DS.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of which, would Nintendo announce a release date for the DS Lite already...I already sold my PSP off and now I'm handheld-less.

Even with all the criticism of Wind Waker's style, they had it return in Zelda DS. I really would have lost some respect for Nintendo if they had caved in.

Go Phantom Hourglass!

Dude...You've got Twilight Princess on deck. Let us Wind Waker fans have our fun, too

Tybee dont get me wrong im a zelda fan and I thought windwaker was excellent, I just dont prefer the cel-shading but i can deal with it no problem, I think it was actually all the sailing around that got to me with that game but still great. Two great zelda games comming in the same year makes everyone a winner anyway!!!!!

This game looked awesome. THe talk was easily the best of the show so far as well, and it didnt hurt that Nintendo gave out free Train your Branin DS games afterwards.... :)

Excellent news. Also glad to hear it should be out by the end of the year. (According to 1up.com.) Glad I just recently finished Wind Waker.

Just saw the video - looks very promising. I like the ability to write on the in-game map!

Hmm..dare we hoe for some sort of Revolution & DS connectivity?!

[quote name='Ecofreak']
Hmm..dare we hoe for some sort of Revolution & DS connectivity?![/QUOTE]

After the totally useless era of GBA / Cube "connectivity" (I liked going to that little island in Animal Crossing, though)... I'd rather not

[quote name='terborx']After the totally useless era of GBA / Cube "connectivity" (I liked going to that little island in Animal Crossing, though)... I'd rather not[/QUOTE]

If the connectivity can be done wirelessly w/o any additional add-ons them I'd be all for it.

[quote name='terborx']After the totally useless era of GBA / Cube "connectivity" (I liked going to that little island in Animal Crossing, though)... I'd rather not[/QUOTE]

You obvisouly never played the glory that was Pac Man Vs.

[quote name='SteveGo']You obvisouly never played the glory that was Pac Man Vs.[/quote]

Or Four Swords and Crystal Chronicles.

This is great news. Hooray!

And 4 Swords DS with Wifi is a no-brainer. My guess: they'll release it as its own game (ala 4 Swords Adventures).

[quote name='Ecofreak']Just saw the video - looks very promising. I like the ability to write on the in-game map![/quote]

It's kind of funny. As I played through Wind Waker, I would often complain to my roomate that they should have incorporated a way for you to write on maps. (To mark places you need to revisit, etc.) Lo and behold, they implement it for this one! (And with the DS, it's a perfect fit!)

[quote name='Rig']It's kind of funny. As I played through Wind Waker, I would often complain to my roomate that they should have incorporated a way for you to write on maps. (To mark places you need to revisit, etc.) Lo and behold, they implement it for this one! (And with the DS, it's a perfect fit!)[/QUOTE]

Looks like you and Shiggy are on the same page...

Quick! Find him and have him make you his understudy!

Yes...Yes..YES!!! I am definitely buying a Lite the day they come out. This and the new super mario bros game has the DS looking more and more tempting every day. NOw if only we could get a release date announcement..

wow......I just watched it, that was awesome.....

the quality of the screen for the DS lite is much better even though the resolution is the same.

bread's done
Back