The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']New Phantom Hourglass Pics via Kotaku:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/zelda-phantom-hourglass/new-phantom-hourglass-pics-170195.php[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! If you look at the 6th image (and the 7th), it has a section titled "WiFi" and shows both a hand-drawn picture of the Four Swords Links AND a screenshot from PH showing a map with four Link heads and four jewel meters. Obviously there's no way to tell whether this will be online enabled or not, but this is definite confirmation of the inclusion of Four Swords multiplayer!

*faints*

Also, I like the two-screen tall shot on the island in the bottom middle of page 3.

Just to ensure that we have it in this thread:

61qGisoAyTL._SS400_.jpg

W00!

[quote name='DJPUN']that guy looks like skeletor with brown make up on[/QUOTE]

Potential plot twist?

God just seeing that box art makes me want to play through WW again.

mmm always have liked these graphics the best for Zelda games, ever since I saw the first picture of Link in my NP mag with his new look xD. Can't wait for this...first DS game I'll be paying full price for lol

Wow, can't wait myself...looks like you can sue the stylus to draw a path for the boomerang to follow, looks pretty bitchin!

I guess Spades22 and I are the only ones that are psyched about this title. I've seen a July release date for Japanese version of the game (need to make sure). I hope that E3 will name a release date for us, too.

I've been waiting for this quite patiently, but the "darkest hour is the one right before sunrise" bit is really reminding me of itself right now.

[quote name='Spades22']Is there a release date for NA that you know of? This will be a nice Christmas game for me for sure...[/quote]

Well, as of right now we have "Holiday 2007" to go by, according to posts on Joystiq and Kotaku. I'd say that the release date will be announced at the E3, but Q4 2007 is a very safe bet.

JAPANESE PHANTOM HOURGLASS WEBISTE

It went live overnight (or so I hear). As I don't speak Japanese, I have no idea what it says, but it does have some new videos. The videos are longer, and show more of the gameplay (both in the "casual" gameplay and the "fighting balls" style as well. Seems that the whole thing is controlled with the stylus as promised, and it seems that the game looks better than I've ever anticipated.

Judging from the lack of responses on this from everyone, Spades22: this be for you.

lol daaaang I can't wait to play this...EVERYTHING is touch screen o_O. That vid was great and the cannon thing will be fun as well. I never really liked aiming with a GC controller. I'll definitely have to put on a new screen protector before I play this though, lol

I got the game today & the graphics are awesome , but man if you don't know japanese I say wait for the us one cause it's so hard not knowing what is going on. I never know like what to do it's like a guessing game. I can't wait to buy this game when it comes out in the states though.

This game is hands down best DS game to date. I love it, everything in it is so perfect the way it takes advantage of the ds in everyway. Yeah it's taking me a hell of a long time to figure things out being I don't know one word of Japanese , but I just can't put it down. You know a game is good when you don't understand how to do a ton of stuff , but it still straps you down to sit for hour sessions on it.

maaan can't wait for this game. Got a big road trip comin up at the end of the year so thats when I'll get it and play it on the road. Even though its all touchscreen and it might be bumpy....lol

Yeah, a day one game for me, too. Still, I can't help but wonder if the insanely high Famitsu score is just another fan service nod.

The only thing that has me worried about this one is the all-stylus controls. But I have faith that Nintendo got them to work, and besides that, this is a Zelda title, so I really have no choice but to own it day 1.

[quote name='cochesecochese']I just hope this game has the 'soul of Zelda' unlike Twilight Princess. I am looking forward to this title a lot and really don't want to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]
...You're going to be disappointed.

Seriously, soul of Zelda? If that's what you're looking for, you're just never going to find it.

I was just reading the article at Next Generation about this game and found this tidbit on the game mechanics interesting:
[quote name='Next Generation']...there's one large dungeon in the game: you just have a limited time allotted to explore it. Complete various side-quests (using items obtained in the dungeon) to earn more sand for your "Phantom Hourglass", increasing the amount of time you have to explore the dungeon.[/QUOTE]
The article is a good read about how Japan hasn't been latching onto the latest Zelda games and how Nintendo is trying to hit the casual market with this one. Now give us a US release date already Nintendo, and it better not be delayed until next year!

[quote name='Troz1820']I was just reading the article at Next Generation about this game and found this tidbit on the game mechanics interesting:

The article is a good read about how Japan hasn't been latching onto the latest Zelda games and how Nintendo is trying to hit the casual market with this one. Now give us a US release date already Nintendo, and it better not be delayed until next year![/quote]Trust me this game will sell really well in Japan this is the top Ds game in everyway possible to date. It has so much innovation in it I was amazed on how everything works and plays as well as the Graphics being so nice I had no idea the DS was near capable of what it's doing. This is a top Zelda game in every way possible. I simply love this Zelda and can't put the game down. Easily a 10 out of 10 if I was to rank it.

I'm still crossing my fingers that I get my free one from Best Buy's B2G1 Free DS game promo last year. They actually called me a couple months ago to remind me about my 'backorder' and to see if I still wanted to wait on the item...

[quote name='Starky27']I'm still crossing my fingers that I get my free one from Best Buy's B2G1 Free DS game promo last year. They actually called me a couple months ago to remind me about my 'backorder' and to see if I still wanted to wait on the item...[/quote]I can't believe you chose a game you knew had an Year wait on it.

It's definitely awesome. I would love to see more games like this. It almost feels like a Gamecube game cooked up in a little package with awesome controls. It sucks I have no idea whats going on though.

[quote name='Bazz']I can't believe you chose a game you knew had an hour wait on it.[/QUOTE]
Because it's free? It's hard to pass up paying for New Super Mario Bros & Mario Kart DS and getting Zelda for free...

This game looks really awesome. Im still not completely sold on the touch screen controls, but im sure one i get used to it, it'll be fine.

Just finish this game and all I can say is "This game is a must have for any DS owner". The bosses fight are awesome, the puzzles are fun, the control is superb. I have to give this game 10 our of 10........ ^___^ If anyone need help on some of the puzzle, you can PM me I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

bread's done
Back