The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

Picked this up from TRU B1G1 50% off sale (Super Princess Peach with it). Looks like it'll be $25 at Target next week.

Haven't started it yet.

[quote name='theflicker']Picked this up from TRU B1G1 50% off sale (Super Princess Peach with it). Looks like it'll be $25 at Target next week.

Haven't started it yet.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is an excellent price. Where did you see the flyer, as I don't see it on the deals page yet?

Edit: Finally saw the ad. Picked it up at Best Buy tonight and will have it price adjusted next week. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Debating picking this up. I skipped Phantom Hourglass since I... am one of those subhuman creatures who hated Windwaker due to the sailing, and... all the characters having elephant feet, like Strong Sad from Home Star Runner. (Cel shading doesn't bother me. Very small feet do. The Johnny Bravo style.)

If the controls are good, and the story is interesting, I can play the game and enjoy it.

How good/bad are the stylus controls? Do I have to do anything that demands fine control with inaccurate motions? (Mario Luigi Inside Story Pollen Mini game.)

Oy. Microphone controlled flute.

I guess I'll skip this. Thank you for not jumping down my throat, by the way. I'm usually wary about asking about Nintendo games in general lately.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The spirit flute controls great... It took some time to get used to, but it is very intuitive[/QUOTE]

Yes, the constant false reads by the microphone work great when I have to follow along quickly with those stupid Locomo jerks :roll: I don't know how many there are, but the third one is aggravating.

I finished the third Dungeon. This one was a bit more straight forward than the previous two, although there were still some moments that aren't exactly well made.

really hated getting the third piece of the map. Now stuck trying to play the third duet and no matter how many times, to me, getting it right, I always fail.

[quote name='KingBroly']For the second and third notes on that one you're supposed to do those in one breath.[/QUOTE]

I've spent 2 hours so far trying to get it right. And your dead on with the false positives, don't know how many times it has read me playing notes when there is no sound, wind or what ever going on in the room

I haven't played the game really, but have helped my son, and have had to help him with both of the flute bits. I really think the flute mini-game, if I can call it that, was a mistake. It isn't fun, just aggravating. Oh well. He's loving the rest of the game.

[quote name='crunchewy']I haven't played the game really, but have helped my son, and have had to help him with both of the flute bits. I really think the flute mini-game, if I can call it that, was a mistake. It isn't fun, just aggravating. Oh well. He's loving the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]

the way they implemented it sucks. If they would have stuck with button presses along the lines of playing the Ocarina it would have been okay

While I agree that using the buttons would've been better, I haven't had nearly as much trouble as some people on the flute parts. I passed the 3rd and 4th part after 2 or 3 times max.

What really annoys me are those stupid bomb cars.

I personally haven't had any issues with the flute, but I could see how it could be troublesome. It's somewhat disappointing they couldn't provide an alternative for noisy environments.

I've made it through on my first tries with all 3 of the maps so far, so it's either because I'm playing in a quiet environment, have a musical background, or am just lucky.

I generally play the game on the train, and I got to the 5th flute part while on the train today. I actually couldn't pass the part because the train is so loud. I just sat at my desk and on the second try I got it.

While these parts are OKAY, they are easily passable once you get used to the flute.

Also, the Sand Wand item is phenomenal.

For the train, as that is how a I'll be playing the game once I get a turn with it, perhaps what you could do is cover the mic with a finger when you aren't suppose to be playing, then lift up when you are. Could be tricky to get the hang of, but might work.

I sometimes even have problems with GTA:CW on the train - I'll keep calling cabs! I'll be stuck because it keeps stopping and saying to walk up to the chevrons. LOL. That game does have a microphone sensitivity adjustment, though. When I'm standing between cars, though, even the lowest setting isn't low enough!

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm done with this game. The required Spirit Flute parts are beyond bad. IT DOES NOT WORK.[/QUOTE]I'll trade you for it :)

Finally got some time to invest into this tonight and made it through the first temple. I'm loving the flute and the enhanced use of the mic. Although I agree the train can get a little stale..the ride a long music is great. I'd say the game is already above PH in my book.

[quote name='TomJones4']I have not had one problem with the spirit flute.[/QUOTE]

We don't take kindly to cheaters around this part.

What happens if I mess up a transport? I suck at shooting and Zelda's teacher got off and walked by foot. No idea where he is now.

Also when does the construction worker finish the fence in Anouki village?

I beat this today and I'm pretty disappointed with it. They even managed to
SNEAK A fuckING Spirit Flute part in there at the end to screw with you!

[quote name='KingBroly']I beat this today and I'm pretty disappointed with it. They even managed to
SNEAK A fuckING Spirit Flute part in there at the end to screw with you!
[/QUOTE]

Broly, I'm buying you a spirit flute for Christmas. :D

Speaking of: any ideas from the community on where I can score a copy of The Minish Cap?

It doesn't have to be sealed or even include the box/manual...I just want to play it again.

The prices on eBay/Amazon Marketplace are ridiculous and I'm a little concerned about bootlegs. Ideally, I'd like to get it for $15-20 from a reputable source.

I got stuck on the last boss. That first part feels impossible. The annoying this is that it would be so much easier if it weren't for the touch screen controls.

[quote name='bmachine']Speaking of: any ideas from the community on where I can score a copy of The Minish Cap?

It doesn't have to be sealed or even include the box/manual...I just want to play it again.

The prices on eBay/Amazon Marketplace are ridiculous and I'm a little concerned about bootlegs. Ideally, I'd like to get it for $15-20 from a reputable source.[/QUOTE]

It must be some weird xmas price oddity. I bought Minish Cap from ebay, complete in box, during the summer for the price you are asking.

If you buy it complete with box on ebay, the chances of getting a bootleg are extremely low.

[quote name='Zing']It must be some weird xmas price oddity. I bought Minish Cap from ebay, complete in box, during the summer for the price you are asking.

If you buy it complete with box on ebay, the chances of getting a bootleg are extremely low.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the insight. I may have to just wait it out.

[quote name='bmachine']Speaking of: any ideas from the community on where I can score a copy of The Minish Cap?

The prices on eBay/Amazon Marketplace are ridiculous and I'm a little concerned about bootlegs. Ideally, I'd like to get it for $15-20 from a reputable source.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're only looking for it online but Gamestop sells it used for $19.99. It would be cart-only but atleast you would be able to check to see if the cart is legit before buying. You can check GS.com for availability in your area.

[quote name='bmachine']Any tips on how to identify a bootleg GBA cart just by looking at it?[/QUOTE]

Color: compare to other carts, should be the same, bootlegs are a different shade.

Label: make sure it has a proper label that's printed at the best quailty, most of the time there should be a 2 digit stamp in the label too.

Text on Circuit board: tilt like you're going to "blow" on it, but view on the green, should be NINTENDO on the board with gold, not silver pins.

Its not grabbing me so far. The spirit flute is terrible. I'll keep playing it, because Zelda is my favorite series, but it sure as hell better pick up.

[quote name='schulerbob']Its not grabbing me so far. The spirit flute is terrible. I'll keep playing it, because Zelda is my favorite series, but it sure as hell better pick up.[/QUOTE]

I thought the second boss and the second world were pretty weak but I loved the third/fourth/fifth and the last half of the spirit temple. The final world can be a little frustrating but the final boss is a really good time.

Stick with it. If you absolutely must go for all train parts then do everything leading up to the final realm. E.g. clear out the spirit temple completely and then do all the minigames as you will have a LOT more treasure with which to buy parts.

It's a little hard for me to get into. I don't mind the train but it's a little slow and the lack of a good warp system is annoying. I despise the bomb cars. They're just a hurdle for you to detour around and extend the game an unnecessary 10 minutes.

I wish they'd go back to the Minish Cap style. It was more manageable and easier to get into. Plus it felt like I was playing an SNES game which is a nice feeling.

Finished it, fun game but I liked PH better. The last train part is a biiiiitch when you don't know everything you can do.

Put a lot of hours into this over the weekend and I love it. The big timed central dungeon in PH ruined that game for me. This one is much more user-friendly.

Play the awakening song. You should've got it shortly after getting the spirit flute. I think it was on the way to
meet the guy who made the tracks appear around the forest temple

Ok thx a bunch
Just beat the second boss after getting the 5th heart from the Battle Place and a potion.
My how potions help out.

bread's done
Back