The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

[quote name='cochesecochese']I thought the second boss and the second world were pretty weak but I loved the third/fourth/fifth and the last half of the spirit temple. The final world can be a little frustrating but the final boss is a really good time.

Stick with it. If you absolutely must go for all train parts then do everything leading up to the final realm. E.g. clear out the spirit temple completely and then do all the minigames as you will have a LOT more treasure with which to buy parts.[/QUOTE]

I'm hooked. The first couple of worlds were a little weak, but it got a lot better. Also far less blowing into the ds the further you get, which is a plus.

They needed a better warping system in this.

Also, I cannot pass Rael's duet. Every time I go to the last green note, it gets hit twice even though I'm breathing into the mic steadily. I hate the flute. It's just a gimmick Nintendo made up to take advantage of an otherwise useless hardware feature.

EDIT: I finally beat it. Turns out I wasn't playing each note long enough. The Sand Temple is definitely one of the most creative in any Zelda game.

I also got more force gems so traveling is better now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Song for the third track killed the game for me, I just can't do it. Don't understand how Nintendo thought this was a good idea at all.

[quote name='schulerbob']Its not grabbing me so far. The spirit flute is terrible. I'll keep playing it, because Zelda is my favorite series, but it sure as hell better pick up.[/QUOTE]

I just started and I feel the same way. I beat the first dungeon in the woods and got the second map piece (but haven't been there yet). The train is SLOW. Can you ever get out and walk in the overworld or is it all train tracks? Also, blowing into the mic SUCKS. It is an OK idea but the execution is shit because it doesn't work 100% of the time. I'm hoping it gets better but so far I'm disappointed.

Does it SUCK or does it BLOW?

A problem I have with games that use the mic, for example GTA:CW, is that when I'm on the train (I mean a real one, that I take to work each day) or bus, it constantly thinks I'm blowing into the mic. So in GTA:CW, for example, anytime a cab drove nearby (in the game) it thought I was hailing it, which is pretty annoying because the game pauses for a second and tells you to enter the cab. Repeat. Pretty annoying. I wish they'd just stop with that kind of crap and instead use the mic for something genuinely fun, like letting you record your own sound effects for the game. That could be pretty entertaining. Oh well.

[quote name='crunchewy']Does it SUCK or does it BLOW?

A problem I have with games that use the mic, for example GTA:CW, is that when I'm on the train (I mean a real one, that I take to work each day) or bus, it constantly thinks I'm blowing into the mic. So in GTA:CW, for example, anytime a cab drove nearby (in the game) it thought I was hailing it, which is pretty annoying because the game pauses for a second and tells you to enter the cab. Repeat. Pretty annoying. I wish they'd just stop with that kind of crap and instead use the mic for something genuinely fun, like letting you record your own sound effects for the game. That could be pretty entertaining. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem in an airplane during a business trip. Instead I played Miles Edgeworth which is a far better game.

Now I just need to finish Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, the only 2 "Zelda" games I have not finished.

And yes, that means Adventure of Link doesn't count (which I haven't finished) :p.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Now I just need to finish Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, the only 2 "Zelda" games I have not finished.

And yes, that means Adventure of Link doesn't count (which I haven't finished) :p.[/QUOTE]

Wow - those are 3 of the best Zelda games! Especially the Oracle games.

bread's done
Back