The Line Drawn in the Sand OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:whee:

I think I got the the best grade in my class on the outline we had to do today. Too bad I don't think it really counts for anything.

This is for you, budgetbudge!

gold_star.jpg

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Budge, are you the guy in class that everybody gets pissed at for doing an assignment that nobody else did?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Not in my composition class anyway. That is why I was surprised that I got one of the highest grades on the assignment. I procrastinated and didn't put much effort into it. :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']I procrastinated and didn't put much effort into it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You just described my complete post-secondary career.

:whistle2:#

[quote name='Mojimbo']Maybe your dumb ass should try actually reading the book next time.[/QUOTE]

I knew more about the book than most of the kids who read through it. Everyone in my class did terribly on that essay.

We were supposed to discuss a character who lived one way externally, but was a completely different person on the inside, and how this brought tension to the character, and how this tension effected the novel. I've never really written an essay like that before.

I'm really, really not trying to be a dick but that essay sounds like it would be pretty easy if you had read the book.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Would you be interested in a clearance Rock Band 2, Marklershed? It'd be $16 after tax and shipping. A check is fine.[/QUOTE]

Any PS3 versions you could be so kind to hook it up with?

[quote name='tiredfornow']When did you get into crust/grind, DarthPuma?[/QUOTE]

When I joined what. I wandered through the forums, found a topic on hardcore, and it escalated from there. Sneaky also helped to get me started with his crustmas blog.

[quote name='Mojimbo']I'm really, really not trying to be a dick but that essay sounds like it would be pretty easy if you had read the book.[/QUOTE]

Had I had more than 40 minutes to write it, I could have written a really good essay. I got scared, rushed, and wrote a shit essay.

I agree that had I read the book fully, I'd have done better. However, I still doubt I'd have done great.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I knew more about the book than most of the kids who read through it. Everyone in my class did terribly on that essay.

We were supposed to discuss a character who lived one way externally, but was a completely different person on the inside, and how this brought tension to the character, and how this tension effected the novel. I've never really written an essay like that before.[/QUOTE]

Did you even read the fucking book? That shit is fucking easy as shit.

That $$$$a hester fucks beats the shit out of himself nightly to repent. They spend the whole novel talking about who she fucked to get the A.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Did you even read the fucking book? That shit is fucking easy as shit.

That $$$$a hester fucks beats the shit out of himself nightly to repent. They spend the whole novel talking about who she fucked to get the A.[/QUOTE]

I read most of the book, and sparknotes the living shit out of all of it. Yes, it's easy to know who to write about, but the topic wasn't asking for plot summary, it's asking how this tension effects the novels outcome and feel. I couldn't just say that end the end this internal conflict brought Dimmesdale to his death, I had to explain how this conflict effects the novel's message and themes, which was tough to do coherently in 40 minutes.

We were having a private conversation on this public forum LinkinPrime, please refrain from interrupting, seeing as that's your pet peeve and all.

I really enjoyed my HS Junior English class because we would read the books and then watch the movies.

We read/watched The Scarlet Letter, The Leatherstocking Tales/Last of the Mohicans, and Moby Dick.

~~~

Hell this History of Modern Europe course I took in college every test was 2 essays and short answers in 50 minutes.

[quote name='DarthPuma']I read most of the book, and sparknotes the living shit out of all of it. Yes, it's easy to know who to write about, but the topic wasn't asking for plot summary, it's asking how this tension effects the novels outcome and feel. I couldn't just say that end the end this internal conflict brought Dimmesdale to his death, I had to explain how this conflict effects the novel's message and themes, which was tough to do coherently in 40 minutes.[/QUOTE]

All you had to do was bring up conformity. The setting is relevant because Puritan New England is known for having a highly homogenous society. Everyone farmed, everyone shared the same religion, and people generally all lived generic and boring lives. Getting out of line is what caused the tension and brought about all the issues. The lack of independence is also important. In many ways the conflict that was brought about freed Hester and the lack of strength in Dimmesdale confined him in an internal prison.

Found a Socom bundle at my Target for $15, and on my way home, I stopped at a thrift store and found a Virtual Boy with a game and 2 controllers for $5.

:whee:

Please note that the price of The Beatles Stereo Box Set has increased from $179.99 to $199.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

:cry:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Would you be interested in a clearance Rock Band 2, Marklershed? It'd be $16 after tax and shipping. A check is fine.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. PM me your address and I'll send one out to you tomorrow. (or I could send you an Amazon GC now if you'd prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back