The Line Drawn in the Sand OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever rented one of those Rug Doctor machines? The carpet in our apartment is kinda gross in front of the door, and standard off the shelf 409 carpet cleaner doesn't seem to do shit.

[quote name='Maklershed']Hell yeah. PM me your address and I'll send one out to you tomorrow. (or I could send you an Amazon GC now if you'd prefer)[/QUOTE]Ok, PM me your address. A check will be fine.

senorwoohoo - you'd light up my life if you could send Ethiopium somehow. :)

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone ever rented one of those Rug Doctor machines? The carpet in our apartment is kinda gross in front of the door, and standard off the shelf 409 carpet cleaner doesn't seem to do shit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when my fucktard roomates spilled a fry daddy full of oil and it flowed into the living room. It worked pretty good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/afghan-gameplay-modern-warfare/56083
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/afghan-gameplay-modern-warfare/56081

Players will also be gaining experience for a lot of things, and quickly. 100 experience per kill is the new baseline, up from 10 in Call of Duty 4. You’ll also earn point bonuses on top of that depending on how you drop an enemy. Score a headshot? That’s an extra 50 points. Do it from long range? You just grabbed another 50. Did you stop him short of a killstreak? Boom, 100 more points! I was able to hit level 12 after roughly six matches at the event. The new level cap is set to 70 and unlocks occur at almost every level. Infinity Ward wasn’t talking about MW2’s Prestige Mode yet, but it is in the game.

There won't be a demo for Need for Speed Shift until the beginning of October (1 and 2 for XBL and PSN), for those wondering. That's a bad idea since it won't be out until a week after the Forza 3 demo and that game comes out a month and a half after Shift.

Shipping on that madvillain shirt is 6 bucks. I feel bad about paying 31 bucks for a t-shirt, but its really nice and the shirt looks thick.
---
I'm only on tier 2 of NFS Shift but its actually not that bad. DiRT 2 is better but this is a pretty good effort especially with the driver's view cam.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Shipping on that madvillain shirt is 6 bucks. I feel bad about paying 31 bucks for a t-shirt, but its really nice and the shirt looks thick.
---
I'm only on tier 2 of NFS Shift but its actually not that bad. DiRT 2 is better but this is a pretty good effort especially with the driver's view cam.[/QUOTE]

You like Dirt 2 over NFS? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Wasn't DP gushing about The Scarlet Letter just a few days ago? Then he ended up sparknoting it? I'm shocked.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I was saying that I enjoyed the plot and setting and characters, but the terribly dry and overly descriptive way Hawthorne writes killed my enjoyment of the book, which is why I sparknotes'd it.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']All you had to do was bring up conformity. The setting is relevant because Puritan New England is known for having a highly homogenous society. Everyone farmed, everyone shared the same religion, and people generally all lived generic and boring lives. Getting out of line is what caused the tension and brought about all the issues. The lack of independence is also important. In many ways the conflict that was brought about freed Hester and the lack of strength in Dimmesdale confined him in an internal prison.[/QUOTE]

I wish you'd have been there taking the test with me. :lol:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Why didn't TRU take it, Temporaryscars?[/QUOTE]

They said they didn't take mature rated games...right after they took COD4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']They said they didn't take mature rated games...right after they took COD4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.[/QUOTE]
I was going to say you should have pointed that out, but then they probably would have refused the others too.

[quote name='JolietJake']I was going to say you should have pointed that out, but then they probably would have refused the others too.[/QUOTE]

I did point it out. They said they only take "certain types" of mature games.

Yeah, I bought Batmang with my credit and while I was picking it up, I noticed they even sold RE5.

The whole thing is a mess. I was the first person who brought in any games to trade which is odd since it's the only TRU within 20 miles.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I did point it out. They said they only take "certain types" of mature games.[/QUOTE]
Is that why I saw a used copy of Leisure Suit Larry :360: in the TRU used game bin?

I bought the Dog gamepad and this thing is freaking huge. Feels nice and it looks like it should last for a good while. Amazon also got it to me next day for no extra money so I am happy about that.

[quote name='becuzimbrown']Aww. What's wrong Chika?[/QUOTE]
more medical problems. have to get a really nasty/painful procedure done and the results are going to determine which additional procedure i need, of two additional nasty and uncomfortable procedures (one worse than the other).

Damn.

Perk 1

Marathon: Unlimited sprint
Sleight of Hand: Faster reloading
Scavenger: Full resupply from dead enemies
Bling: 2 primary weapon attachments
Classified

Perk 2

Stopping Power: Increased bullet damage
Lightweight: Move faster
Hardline: Killstreaks require 1 less kill
Cold-Blooded: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentries, and thermal