The Line Drawn in the Sand OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='becuzimbrown']Do you need some ice LinkinPrime?

cuz you just got burned.

sorry.[/QUOTE]
At least you know you did something terrible right there.

I spent the entire day doing homework. Not fun, but very mind bending to just sit down for an entire day and do nothing else but stare at numbers.

[quote name='JolietJake']I wish Warren Zevon was still alive.[/QUOTE]

Aahhhwoooooooo, Werewolves of London.

--

Never really vibed with his music personally.

[quote name='Eviltude']I spent the entire day doing homework. Not fun, but very mind bending to just sit down for an entire day and do nothing else but stare at numbers.[/QUOTE]

i spent the majority of my day on the phone with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiologists and technicians. despite that, i think you win the less fun award.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Aahhhwoooooooo, Werewolves of London.

--

Never really vibed with his music personally.[/QUOTE]
I love that song, every year around Halloween it gets played constantly.

[quote name='Chika']i spent the majority of my day on the phone with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiologists and technicians. despite that, i think you win the less fun award.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, at least you dealt with people. On the other hand, I guess you did have to deal with people all day.

Liquid - All of my classes. I did physics for a majority of the day, then switched to chem when a friend from that class called asking for help, then to calculus just to get some work done, then back to physics.

[quote name='Chika']i spent the majority of my day on the phone with doctors, nurses, pharmacists, radiologists and technicians. despite that, i think you win the less fun award.[/QUOTE]

I spent the day in meetings, calculating hospital assessment contingency fees to a single vendor, and investigating SSI disbursements. Do I get to be in the running for the most boring day award?

[quote name='Maklershed']I spent the day in meetings, calculating hospital assessment contingency fees to a single vendor, and investigating SSI disbursements. Do I get to be in the running for the most boring day award?[/QUOTE]

I

Physics makes me feel retarded, but I really think it's just the way the class is taught. I have only missed one class (because I physically couldn't get there through the flood waters), but I don't feel like I learn anything by being there. I learn more on my own working through examples and reading the chapters over and over.

[quote name='Eviltude']Physics makes me feel retarded, but I really think it's just the way the class is taught. I have only missed one class (because I physically couldn't get there through the flood waters), but I don't feel like I learn anything by being there. I learn more on my own working through examples and reading the chapters over and over.[/QUOTE]
I have courses like that. It's why I had to take diff eq over the summer, since i dropped it last Spring. :lol:

But, if you get it by teaching yourself, go for it. I stopped going to my mechanics class after 3 weeks because the teacher was terrible (and because it was at 8 am) into the semester and still pulled an A.

[quote name='Eviltude']Physics makes me feel retarded, but I really think it's just the way the class is taught. I have only missed one class (because I physically couldn't get there through the flood waters), but I don't feel like I learn anything by being there. I learn more on my own working through examples and reading the chapters over and over.[/QUOTE]
My stats professor basically just reads power point slides to us. I could miss every class save for the two tests and wouldn't really miss anything.

It's kind of nice and aggravating at the same time. I feel like i'm basically teaching myself most of the time.

[quote name='JolietJake']I love that song, every year around Halloween it gets played constantly.[/QUOTE]
When I was in Chicago we went to Trader Vic's and I asked the bartender to play it. He dead-pan called me an asshole. I angrily stepped forward and then he laughed and asked if we wanted a free pitcher, and then played it saying people ask all the time and he just likes to fuck with them.

I was always more partial to Lawyers, Guns and Money.

[quote name='Eviltude']Anyone know where I could get season 1 of Heroes on blu for cheap? I checked amazon and they wanted $50.[/QUOTE]

It's only $7 on :hd: on Amazon

:booty:

[quote name='Maklershed']I forgot to add "read a bunch of contracts".

The SSI stuff is actually kinda fun. The rest of the stuff is boring.[/QUOTE]

Gimme some of those SSI disbursements.

At least you guys have a little variety in your days. Mine consists of answering the same questions over and over again. Having to explain them in the simplest terms i can think of.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I have courses like that. It's why I had to take diff eq over the summer, since i dropped it last Spring. :lol:

But, if you get it by teaching yourself, go for it. I stopped going to my mechanics class after 3 weeks because the teacher was terrible (and because it was at 8 am) into the semester and still pulled an A.[/QUOTE]

That's what is shitty about this class. They call the way it's taught "Scale-Up" and they basically put us in groups of 3, 3 groups to a table and 10 tables. They give us a problem, we solve it, they show us how it's supposed to be solved; but that way, we only work through 5 full examples at most per 2 hour class period. I think I would do better in a lecture/lab setting as opposed to this because it is just way too disorganized like this. Not to mention they take attendance and collect hw. WTF is that all about?
I asked one of the TA's where the Dean of the Physics department was located after I blew up on all of the TA's and the one I asked wouldn't tell me. I was just wondering if I could enter a regular classroom setting, but I guess they thought I was going to talk shiit about them. I thought it was hilarious.

Again, no one knows where I can get bluray Heroes season 1 on the cheap? And f you and your hddvd mathingprime.

Man the end of Weeds was fucking fantastic, though the whole episode was so so. Now it's going to be annoying to wait until next year.

~~~

Was able to finally connect with my buddy on COD4. Joyous.

~~~

I had a friend in my department that hardly ever went to classes and still done better than most. He was the type of guy that could study at 4 am for a 10 am final and get a B or better.

I enjoyed the lectures though since the profs always made them interesting except for a couple of classes which were terrible to sit through.

Woa, paradox. I said I was JJ but referred to myself in the first person when I said "I" was using "his" account. Now I don't even know what I meant.

This is what happens when I don't smoke.

Hey stoneface, did you pick that name because your face looks like somebody smashed it with a rock?

edit- For the sake of coherence, smoke up tude.

Were Butch and Marsellus in the room when this went down.
Hours earlier, someone had broken into John Pontolillo's house and taken two laptops and a video-game console :ps3: . Now it was past midnight, and he heard noises coming from the garage out back.

The Johns Hopkins University undergraduate didn't run. He didn't call the police. He grabbed his samurai sword.

With the 3- to 5-foot-long, razor-sharp weapon in hand, police say, Pontolillo crept toward the noise. He noticed a side door in the garage had been pried open. When a man inside lunged at him, police say, the confrontation was fatal.

[quote name='manthing']Jake:

Your jokes are so terrible, they make Jeff Dunham's puppets cry.[/QUOTE]
That'd be quite an accomplishment.

[quote name='manthing']Jake:

Your jokes are so terrible, they make Jeff Dunham's puppets cry.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

___
Not to get all JFD, but I'm developing some strong feelings for my lady friend, and it feels pretty good.

So, since you spend a vast majority of your life on a message board where you're basically universally disliked to the point you get shit on repeatedly, I have to ask. Are you treated even worse in the real world, or is your Mark David Chapman-esque obsession with Brak just that strong?

[quote name='st0neface']So, since you spend a vast majority of your life on a message board where you're basically universally disliked to the point you get shit on repeatedly, I have to ask. Are you treated even worse in the real world, or is your Mark David Chapman-esque obsession with Brak just that strong?[/QUOTE]

The vast majority of the people I know in real life like me. I've got my enemies, but they're the type of people I don't want as friends anyways. I'm really a pretty nice guy, and I guess I'm easy to get along with. People tell me I'm funny.

[quote name='manthing']I don't like the fact VV gave Captain America a chain mail mini-poncho

:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Sounds like a failed attempt to make Captain America less homosexual, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back