The LinkinPrime and "Well Dunn" Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl: @ that ref botching the pinfall count calling for the bell after getting to... two.

Yet didn't you last night say that you knew HHH was going to win?[/QUOTE]

Huh? I saw a three count.

Man... Natalya didn't even get in the match.

Neither did Layla, Maria, Ashley, Cherry, or Michelle, but they all suck at wrestling (Michelle is meh).

[quote name='Matt Young']Huh? I saw a three count.[/QUOTE]

What I saw was Mickie went in for the pin. Ref counted one. Mickie adjusted her position. Ref counted two then called for the bell. Maybe I missed an pin but that's how I saw it.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Wow, who knew Murdoc had such a great singing voice?[/quote]

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. also just saw hbk "tweaking" his knee and dear lord that looks painful

That was some random ass shit. Call me crazy, but I think Murdoch could be a quality singer with a little training.

Also, it's nice to see that they put the Raw logo back on th ring posts. They had the WM logo at Mania, and the Raw logo the next night, then stopped. I like the look, though.

Guyver isnt here so.....
OH fuck YES HES MUTHA fuckING BACK HOMIES

KENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEDY

KENNEDY

Christ, give Kennedy back his old theme already. His current one just sucks up all the excitement and edge from his entrance.

I wonder if they're trying to turn him face with this program.

Murdoch has the best singing voice I've heard in wrestling since Kamala. I'm looking forward to Cena-JBL and Kennedy-Regal at JD - they've done a good job building the PPV up so far tonight.

So is Kennedy supposed to be a face? If it means he'll be pushed again, I approve.

The only thing is, if he feuds with Regal and it's not just a one-off Raw match, I see Regal beating him at Judgment Day. I want to see both guys pushed, but I'd much rather see Kennedy get pushed. He's been one of my favorites and should have been World Champion a year ago (Rumble vs. Batista).

Oh, and the facial hair totally works for him.

That was epic! Totally makes up for the fact that Regal didn't get a speech at the end of last week's RAW.

Hahahahahahaha!

That's fucking hilarious...honestly...who cares about Triple H/Orton as champ anyway? It's the same crap...atleast this was something new...I'm all for the cheap ending...I'd hate to be the postal worker that goes there this week though >.

The best part is instead of having the match go on for 5 minutes and then having Regal pull it away immediately, we watched for 20 minutes and became invested in Orton/Triple H before Regal finally stepped in and cut the show to black. That was awesome. Hahaha. And anyone who says that Orton/HHH was bad is a fool. That's the best part about this entire thing. They actually were putting on a good match so we feel even more cheated.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, man - I'll have to check out this ending. But it'll have to wait until after I get back with GTA.[/QUOTE]

You getting it for 360, Myke? I won't have the game till tomorrow night, but you should add me- Zeus Rambo- if you're getting it for 360.

I can see why people would hate it, but I liked the way Raw ended - it was unexpected, it made me want to see the conclusion of the match, it made me hate Regal for not allowing me to see it, AND made me want to see someone get revenge on Regal for doing what he did. Unlike Nitro, where seemingly everyone sold a match not going to a conclusion as a good thing (including the announce team), no one else knew what happened, so it didn't hurt any of the announcers' credibility, and it was a memorable way to end what was a very good Raw.

I could also see it being used as a way to have Vince or Linda come on, say that what Regal did was unbecoming of a GM, and strip him of that title, leading to a new GM, which is the way to go (for the time being) if Regal is mainly going to be a wrestler.

Aside from the awesome show-ending stuff, we got to see most of what was a great WWE Title match, Fuji General, Heidenrape, a Santino-RODDY THE PIPER skit, Murdoch sing, a JBL squash, Katie Lea screw up on the mic, and a great coronation topped off by Regal stiffing the everloving hell out of Kennedy. Very enjoyable show tonight.

They also did a good job of building up Judgment Day, which already has a few matches set up that I want to see - Orton-HHH in another rematch, Regal-Kennedy (should be a great match, and as a bonus, it's a fresh match-up), Cena-JBL, and Jericho-HBK.

Quotes -
Crowd - TRIP-LE ! TRIP-LE! H!
HHH - Before we get started, I have an announcement to make - I hate to be a downer, but as of right now, the Age of Orton is officially DEAD! 8 months ago, I stood behind that curtain. (crowd - TRIP-LE H! TRIP-LE H!) Ready to make a comeback after being out a year, not knowing if I’d be the best again, or be back on top. 8 months later, I return to this very same building and tell you that THE GAME IS BACK! And I know there’s a long list… (Orton’s theme hits)
Orton - No, I don’t think so. YOU DO NOT GET A VICTORY SPEECH! (crowd boos heavily) Are you actually proud about what you did last night? Do you realize the odds that were stacked up against me!?
HHH - The odds stacked against you? You came to me before the match, telling me that without a doubt, you were walking out as WWE Champion, but tonight, you’re the victim?
Orton - Yes, of my own success. I was so dominant that they couldn’t put me against anyone one-on-one.
HHH - Couldn’t, or you wouldn’t face anyone one-on-one? The way I see it, you enjoy these triple threats and fatal four ways to sneak in the back door…
Orton - It’s because no one was on my level - not even you. I’m gonna prove it, HHH. In 3 weeks, it’s Judgment Day, and I’m gonna use my rematch clause to get what belongs to me. I had it around my waist for 6 months.
HHH - Yeah, and for 6 months you ran your mouth about how great you were, and I’m not against that, I made a career out of it, but the difference is, when I did it, I was telling the truth. I tell ya what, I’m pretty sure everyone here’s sick of hearing you run your mouth, so why don’t you do me a favor and get the hell out of my ring!
Orton - I’m not going anywhere! This is MY RING! AND THAT IS MY TITLE! AND NOT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IS GONNA TELL ME DIFF…(HHH decks him)
Orton - FORGET JUDGMENT DAY, I CAN’T WAIT THAT LONG! YOU SAY THAT THE AGE OF ORTON IS DEAD!? YOU’RE WRONG - IT’S ONLY JUST BEGUN! YOUR FIRST TITLE REIGN, YOUR LAST TITLE REIGN, DIDN’T EVEN LAST 24 HOURS, AND NEITHER WILL THIS ONE, BECAUSE I’M GETTING MY TITLE BACK TONIGHT!
(on Jillian)King - If she starts to sing, get the duct tape!
JBL - THAT SHOULDA BEEN JOHN CENA! CENA ROBBED ME LAST NIGHT OF THE THING THAT MEANS THE MOST TO ME IN THE WORLD - THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP! NOW HELL HAS BEEN UNLEASHED! I AM CHALLENGING THE WINNER OF THE WWE TITLE MATCH, AND I’M GETTING MY DAMN TORCH BACK, AND I’LL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET IT! NOW COMMENTATE ON THAT!
Lawler - I’ve got a niece that found all the objects in the WWE Kids Magazine. I ONLY FOUND 9!
J.R. - I worked on it in catering - I only got 8!
(during Londrick-Cade+Murdoch)Crowd - BORING! BORING!
(as Murdoch gets pinned)Lawler - CADE JUST COULDN’T SQUIRM HIS WAY OUT OF THAT!
(Murdoch climbs on the announce table)J.R - What a view.
Murdoch (singing) - I GUESS I WAS WRONG, I JUST DON’T BELONG, BUT HELL, I’VE BEEN THERE BEFORE! EVERYTHING’S ALL RIGHT, TIME TO SAY GOODBYE, I’LL SHOW MYSELF TO THE DOOORR! I DIDN’T MEAN TO CAUSE A BIG SCENE! JUST GIVE ME AN HOUR AND THEN I’LL BE AS HIGH AS THAT IVORY TOWER, BECAUSE I’VE GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES, WHERE THE WHISKEY CHASES MY BLUES AWAY, AND I’LL BE OKAY! I GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACCEEESSS!
Katie - It’s my pleasure, it’s not on, it’s not on! It’s my pleasure to announce that our countryman, and King of the Ring, has graciously allowed this to be a handicap match!
Lawler - Crazy looks even more confused than usual.
Regal - Let me put an end to any speculation - I am not going to relinquish my position as GM of Raw - I’ve earned both titles, and I intend to keep them. As GM, and King, I have now become the most powerful entity in the entire WWE! I will not mince my words - your natural zenophobia and jealousy won’t allow you to like me, but the audience and WWE superstars will have no choice but to respect me, and fear me! From this day forward, I am your ruler. I am your better. I am your superior! (Kennedy’s theme hits)
Kennedy - Mr. Regal, I’d love to be the first guy to come out here and congratulate you on becoming KotR. I’d love to…but…I just can’t do that! I gotta quiz for ya - who’s the biggest superstar in this company who wasn’t even invited to compete in the tournament? The guy who would have won it? Who’s the guy that would love nothing more than to challenge you one-on-one to find out who the real king is?! Got anything? Huh? I’ll give it to ya - MISTERRRRRR!
Regal - I’m not a common wrestler. I’m a general manager, and I’m the king. No one talks to me unless they’ve been granted an appointment! So I suggest you utter “I apologize”.
Kennedy - I…I am MISTERRRRRRR KENNNEEEDDDDDDDDDDDYYYYY! KENNNEDDDDYYYY (Regal decks him, bloodying his lip)
Santino - HE HIT MY HEAD WITH THE MICROPHONE!
Santino - LETA ME MAKE-A WONE THING CLEAR! I DON’T LIKE NEW JERSEY FOR ONE SECOND, AND I DON’T LIKE DA SAPRANOS! THOSE STUPID FAKE ITALIANS WITH THEIR STUPID FAKE ACCENTS MAKE-A ME CRAZY!
King - He may get whacked by Cody Rhodes!
(Cody lifts him up in an electric chair)Santino - AH, AH, NOOO!
Cody - Santino, ITS-A ME, CODY RHODES! As long as you becoming world tag team champions…(Carlito back stabs Cody)
Lawler - It’s a very important highlight reel…Jericho looks like he’s going to the prom!
Jericho - Ladies and gentlemen, I want to welcome you to a special awards edition of the highlight reel. This award is for best acting sports entertainment. First up, Don Muraco and Mr. Fuji in Fuji General! Brilliant. The next nominee is Michael Cole for Deliverance Part 2! Masterful. Creepy, but masterful. And finally, Shawn Michaels, for pretending to have a knee injury to beat Batista at Backlash! And the winner is…Wow. I can’t believe it. The winner for the award is my guest tonight, Shawn Michaels!
Jericho - Shawn, kudos to you. Bravo, a masterpiece of a performance. You amazed me, you deserve this award, give them the speech!
HBK - Look Chris, I’m hurt.
Jericho - This is me you/re talking to here - the façade is done. You said you’d do whatever it took to win, and you did. It was tremendous. Nobody goes from pious preacher to backstabbing bastard faster than you! Am I wrong? If I wasn’t on the other side of this podium, you’d hit me with a super kick on your “bad” leg, right? Look into the camera and tell Big Dave what you did. You deserve it. Please. Okay. You don’t have to say a word. You are still the Daniel Day Lewis of the WWE. Hit this man’s music right here! (Jericho leaves to HBK’s theme)
(he sees Piper from behind)Santino - There is one thing that makes me happy - WWE DIVAS! And this one has some junk in da trunks! Excuse me, future world tag team champion coming through! OH MY GOD, RODDY THE PIPER! Do the truffle shuffle? Please, for me! (Piper slaps him)
Piper - Has that boy got a death wish or is he just “special”.
Lawler - Earlier tonight, Orton said that he didn’t want to wait until Backlash for his rematch…Judgment Day…, he wanted it tonight!
(before WWE Title match begins)J.R. - This is like being at the seventh game in the Stanley Cup!
J.R. - HHH is applying the pressure to Randy Orton, the third-generation superstar whose father, Cowboy Bob Orton, is in the WWE Hall of Fame!
Crowd - R-K-O! R-K-O!
Regal - Kerwin, no one will disrespect me ever again. These people don’t deserve to see the conclusion of the match. TAKE IT OFF THE AIR, TAKE IT OFF THE BLOODY AIR!
Kerwin - GO TO BLACK, GO TO BLACK!

Screens -

London humps the mat

Murdoch sings

Even more screens -

The greatness that was the highlight reel -

The live ending according to pwinsider.com

Monday Night Raw went off the air without a definitive winner as the storyline was William Regal forced the show to go off the air. Live in the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ, WWE champion Triple H and Randy Orton brawled before Orton powdered out and Triple H's music hit. There was no announced winner, so the live crowd didn't get a conclusive result, either.

Sounds like the live crowd kinda got screwed as well.

[quote name='Matt Young']You getting it for 360, Myke? I won't have the game till tomorrow night, but you should add me- Zeus Rambo- if you're getting it for 360.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I don't buy multiplatform titles for the 360, unless they're on sale for crazy cheap, or part of a package (like the $20 Forza/Marvel:UA pack).

I don't really know why I went out tonight (real answer: to buy coffee), seeing as how I won't even open GTAIV until I finish Lost Odyssey. I'm real close, though. Like 4-6 hours left.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'll say this much: Regal just established himself as the new top heel on RAW.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Intriguing.

That's a nice screencap, Jay, of Regal looking wistful at his throne.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'll say this much: Regal just established himself as the new top heel on RAW.[/quote]

I'm about to watch the Coronation of William Regal segment. Here's hoping that's true, Purple Flames. :D

Well now, a Kennedy face-turn? It seems to be working, thus far; at least with that audience. I still need to watch the ending to see what the hubbub's about. So far, I agree with PF.

[quote name='chasemurata']I'm about to watch the Coronation of William Regal segment. Here's hoping that's true, Purple Flames. :D[/quote]

What I was referring to happened towards the end of the show, and not during that particular segment.

[quote name='Purple Flames']What I was referring to happened towards the end of the show, and not during that particular segment.[/quote]

I figured such.

"Those stupid fake Italians with their stupid accents. It-a makes-a me crazy!"

Oh Santino, if I could send you a basket of donuts, I would. :drool:

Santino used a Judo throw. Wee!

[quote name='mykevermin']Nope, I don't buy multiplatform titles for the 360, unless they're on sale for crazy cheap, or part of a package (like the $20 Forza/Marvel:UA pack).
[/QUOTE]

But... why not? I don't know about GTA, but 99% of the time, the 360 version is better than its PS3 counterpart. Plus there's the convenience of Xbox Live, and the 360 exclusive downloadable content.

I was serious. I wasn't bashing the PS3, either. I want one, and it has some great games. But what I said was all true.

So... What's the deal with Tomko? 411Mania has conflicting reports:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...New-Knockouts,-Heat-On-Tomko,-Live-Events.htm

- TNA was upset with Tomko over the fact that he missed a Fan Interaction event but that wasn't the reason why the Tag Team Titles were taken off of him and AJ Styles. The Deuces Wild Tournament was planned before Lockdown. Tomko hasn't been suspended and is still being figured in to future plans.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/n...ore-on-Tomko,-Angle-Disappointed-and-More.htm

- Unless things change Tomko will not be around until after the Sacrifice PPV. He has reportedly been suspended from the company due to working the IGF show the day of the Lockdown Fan Fest. Bill Behrens usually books the Japan dates for TNA talent, but Tomko was booking his dates on his own, since he got a deal with New Japan on his own. This is why AJ and Tomko dropped the tag team titles on Impact after the Lockdown PPV. Tomko was announced for Impact as part of the tag team tournament last week.

When I responded to your post, it simply said, "*sigh*". And it was just a question, not an argument. I was curious.

EDIT: Jay, if you post screen caps of tonight's AWA show, could you please try to get one of Gorgeous Gary Young's entrance when his name is on screen? Gary's my dad's name, and I thought it was pretty funny.

1988 AWA isn't nearly as fun as 1986 AWA that they were showing a week ago. Is this the same Lee Marshall from WCW? He's terrible.

The WWE title match has been announced for Judgment Day:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/judgmentday/matches/6990680/preview/

Triple H vs. Orton in a cage.

Jericho's Highlight reel was awesome. He's great, but he needs to show his usual spontaneity a bit more. I like how he called out the camera guy as Dave.

Santino/Carlito are just pure gold.

Regal definitely cemented himself, which I didn't think would be possible with how old he is, but I liked it. He did a pretty good job.

Jericho-HBK is gonna be a crazy good match come Judgement day.

Fantastic. Triple H is still wearing that ugly spinner title belt. Essentially, to me, his reign is now worthless. Good gravy, I hate that belt. I want to push whoever designed the belt and push them into traffic.

The ending was pretty good. It was definitely a solid step in the right direction to making Regal the top heel on Raw. Nice job, WWE.

Kind of lame the way it went down live.

I wish they would have put the belt back on Orton and next week have JR put the end of the match over as the greatest comeback/ending he's ever seen but have them never show the footage.

Just keep hyping it up until Judgment Day where HHH wins the title back in a rematch and than never talk about it again.

- edit Regal announced a cage match between Orton/HHH for Judgement Day.

Like a pair of runaway tractor trailers mowing down barriers toward a head-on collision, Triple H and Randy Orton have trampled over obstacles for months to finally clash in a WWE Championship Steel Cage Match at the crossroads of Judgment Day as learned in an exclusive WWE.com video.

The Game leveraged his smarts and stamina at Backlash to roll through the gauntlet of JBL, John Cena and Randy Orton during a vicious WWE Championship Fatal Four Way Match to capture his 12th World Championship.

The following night, the Legend Killer could scarcely wait to confront the man who took from him that which he holds most dear—the WWE Championship. Orton invoked his rematch clause in the hopes of regaining the title before his waist had a chance to grow cold.

Alas, before the main event match could reach a conclusion, an irate William Regal pulled the plug on the audio and video; the Raw General Manager was incensed after Mr. Kennedy ruined his King of the Ring coronation ceremony. Before he wrecked the match ending, however, Regal did manage to arrange the rematch between the rivals inside a 15-foot high steel entrapment.

Despite the inconclusive finale to their WWE Championship Match on Raw, Triple H will nonetheless carry the title into Judgment Day. As he and Orton travel the highway toward their next rematch, who among the two will emerge as the WWE Champion, and who will emerge as roadkill?

http://www.wwe.com/shows/judgmentday/matches/6990680/preview/

[quote name='chasemurata']Fantastic. Triple H is still wearing that ugly spinner title belt. Essentially, to me, his reign is now worthless. Good gravy, I hate that belt. I want to push whoever designed the belt and push them into traffic.

The ending was pretty good. It was definitely a solid step in the right direction to making Regal the top heel on Raw. Nice job, WWE.[/QUOTE]
vince will NEVER get rid of that belt...even HHH doesn't have pull when it comes to that belt!

Since I posted the announcement of HHH vs. Orton in a cage earlier, I'm going to go ahead and speculate that we get Cena vs. JBL and Santino/Carlito vs. Holly/Rhodes at Judgment Day as well.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Anybody know what's going to be on the new Hardy set and/or whether it will be any good?[/QUOTE]

Info:

DISC ONE: Matt Hardy was born to wrestle – from his earliest days in homemade rings he and his brother created through his unbelievable matches on SmackDown. The road to the top wasn’t always smooth, including some behind-the-scenes battles with other superstars that spilled into the ring. This DVD tells Matt’s complete story, and collects some amazing matches.

*No DQ; No Count Out Match: Matt Hardy vs. Kane - Vengeance 2004

*Steel Cage Match: Matt Hardy vs. Edge - Unforgiven 2005

*Matt Hardy vs. Joey Mercury - SmackDown 3/2/07

*Matt Hardy vs. Ken Kennedy - SmackDown 5/4/07)

*The Hardy Boyz vs. The Serial Thrillaz - OMEGA - 1/29/99

Matt Hardy DVD Extras:
*High Voltage Amateur WCW Challenge Video
*Matt Starts a Fire
*Matt Hardy’s Crib

Disc Two: Jeff Hardy has ascended from one of the top tag teams in WWE history to a wildly popular singles star with the WWE Championship in his sight. This DVD examines his colourful career in and out of the ring, including his recent spectacular success on Raw.

*Tag Team Tables Match: The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudleyz - Royal Rumble 2000

*Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H - SmackDown 4/12/01

*Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Johnny Nitro - New Years Revolution 2007

*Money In The Bank Qualifying Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin - Raw

*The Hardys vs. Cade & Murdoch - Judgment Day 2007

*Jeff Hardy vs. Triple H - Armageddon 2007

*Steel Cage Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga - 1/7/08 Raw

Jeff Hardy DVD Extras
*Hardy Dogs
*Old Grow

[quote name='strongpimphand']vince will NEVER get rid of that belt...even HHH doesn't have pull when it comes to that belt![/quote]

I think each diamond was shined and sealed wit Vince's DNA, which would explain why he loves the belt so much. Pat Patterson, too. :shock:

[quote name='CouRageouS']They should just take the million dollar belt and replace the dollar signs with H's. Now that would be hilarious.[/quote]

I just tried to edit the Million Dollar title by editing out the dollar signs, but found it to be too much work for the reward.

But yes, that would indeed be hilarious. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back