The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='vlv723']Technical Difficulties? Could be a work.[/QUOTE]

I doubt any company would "work" to put a broadcast on the air with those kinds of technical difficulties.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Yes - she said on Raw that she's pregnant and will be back in a year.[/QUOTE]

Talk about taking the ball and running with it.

HI-OOOOOOOOO!!!

[quote name='beane316']Smackdown vs Raw is dead...thankfully.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html

I wasn't that big of a fan of '11, but I'll probably buy this one because I'm stupid with my money.[/QUOTE]

Here's the article for the people who don't want to click:

"For years WWE SmackDown vs. Raw has been the Sports Entertainment simulation series from THQ and Yuke’s Yokohama. It’s been a fun ride, but as with any franchise, fans have complained about annual aspects over and over again. Turns out the developers were listening, killed the series, and are planning on fixing things with WWE ‘12.

The stiff animations, the characters warping into place for certain moves, the confusing right analog stick controls for grapples — WWE ‘12 is addressing all of that and feels good so far. That’s pretty damn exciting.

Now, it would be easy to glance at screenshots and assume THQ and developer Yuke’s Yokohama just dumped the WWE SmackDown vs. Raw name and called it a day. That’s what I did. For a few days leading into my meeting, THQ had been telling me this game was going to be unlike any other WWE game I had seen, but when I finally laid eyes on it, WWE ‘12 sure did look similar to WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011.

Then, I started to play it. THQ and Yuke’s didn’t just change the name, they changed the game’s DNA. There’s a new animation system, new blending methods, something called “Predator Technology” — basically, they went under the game’s hood and ripped out all the old stuff that people hated and plugged in brand new parts to try and make the most fluid wrestling game around.

When John Cena’s suplexing an opponent, a third Superstar can punch Cena and break up the move. You can do that for any move — even Finishers and mini-games like the Royal Rumble eliminations. When you’re slammed to the mat at the beginning of a bout, you’re going to sell the move and get up at the same time so that the match keeps a fast-paced feel. When you’re getting up from any move, you’re going to have a window to strike before you’re even to your feet. The goal is to have a game that feels like anything can happen from any position and eradicate that stiffness and clunkiness that has always been a calling card of WWE SmackDown vs. Raw.

For me, it all came together watching a three-man match. Orton laid out an opponent and went to the ring apron, Cena immediately started his 5-Knuckle Shuffle routine on the downed man, and as Cena was coming down, Randy Orton launched himself from the apron to land a splash. Orton hit, Cena hit, and Orton hit again. The sequence was polished and fast — it looked like a spot from ECW of old. There was no blown animation as the character on the ground reacted to the first move and ignored the other.

People don’t warp to the center of the ring for a 5-Knuckle Shuffle and similar moves anymore; the move happens where it happens. The ropes no longer stay awkwardly still during matches; you slam someone and the ring reacts. The tired fonts and menus of old have been ditched for a new setup. Visually, new shaders and tech have been introduced to make the game look better than ever. There’s definition to the character’s faces instead of the blur there was last year, and depth of field has been introduced to give the brand new arenas weight and realism.

The game, according to THQ, has been taken apart and put back together, and from the little I’ve seen, I believe them — though the changes aren’t monumental when you stare at a still image, they shine in motion.

Seeing the game in motion is where the proof of all these Predators and shaders lives. I’ve already talked about how the moves flow together, but there’s more to it than that. The days of analog stick grapples are over. Now, everything’s going back to the face buttons of your favorite controller. Grapple, strike, pin and Finisher are all right there for the taking. There are no strong and weak grapples — the moves you’re pulling off are dependent on how worn down the opponent is.

That’s all well and good, but there are specific things THQ has peppered in that affect the gameplay. First, there’s limb targeting in WWE ‘12. You can attack the head, arms or legs, and while this obviously puts you in a good place for certain finishers, it also really twists the match in whatever direction you want it to go. If you’re up against a lightning quick high flier, you can work the legs so the opponent can’t get around as quickly and can’t zip up the turnbuckles. Work the head, and the opponent is going to be a groggy mess. All this plays into how easy it’ll be to get an opponent to tap in the new “Breaking Point” submission system where players tap buttons in a tug of war mini-game.

Epic brawls are going to look like the epic brawls you see on TV — both in terms of the new camera angle that’s more pulled back and the gameplay speed I talked about earlier — but they get even more like Monday Night Raw when you add in the new Wake Up Taunts in WWE ‘12. Basically, you know how Randy Orton pounds the ground before he goes to hit his Finisher on TV? That can happen in the game now. You knock your opponent down with your Finisher primed, hit the taunt button, and you’ll get a celebration that ends with the opponent getting to his feet in the perfect setup for your big move. The opponent gets a chance at reversing it, but it really brings together that TV style presentation THQ’s been working on for the last few years.

That said, I thought the stamina bar was a bit of a step backwards in WWE ‘12. The last few WWE SmackDown vs. Raw games incorporated a barely visible halo around the Superstars feet to keep players in-tune with how they’re doing in a match and not distract from the presentation. As of now, WWE ‘12 features a big meter with a name on it at the bottom of the screen showing how close you are to building a Signature or Finisher (you can store two Finishers). I found it jarring as the game looks better than ever and is trying so hard to mimic broadcasts.

Still, that’s the only gripe I have with the new direction. WWE ‘12 also adds Dynamic Comebacks, which are those tried and true combos you see folks like Cena throw out that take them from the edge of defeat to clearing the ring. If you reach a certain amount of damage, you’ll be able to have a shot to use this one-time combo. Pull it off, and you get two Finishers.

These stored Finishers and Dynamic Comebacks make it seem like my friends and I are going to have some awesome matches, but THQ and Yuke’s want you to have awesome matches with computer-controlled opponents, too. The AI learns this time around. If you spam run attacks like I do (I’m infamous on the Internet for my floatover DDT), the computer opponent is supposed to recognize that and be ready to counter it. For the first time, THQ says that the computer is going to remember what you’ve been doing and what it’s been doing. (i.e. if it picks up a chair, it’s not going to drop it — it’s going to hit you with it.)

Balancing the difficulty isn’t just a focus when it comes to the man versus machine matches. THQ found that people figured out how to master the pinning system pretty quickly in SVR 11, so it’s been redone in WWE ‘12. It’s still a metered system (hold a button to fill a meter and release it when it gets to a window on the meter), but the window moves around this time at random — it won’t always be in the same spot. Similarly, the window size varies on how beat up you are, and if you’re pinned after the opponent hits his Finisher, the meter might not pop up to the two-count so you’d only have one shot at it.

All that, and there's still more to say. Unless your opponent is really hurting, expect to get just one ground grapple in. The right stick repositions opponents. Animations change based on weight classes. There are new "attach points" for moves so that hands and legs lock to certain points in certain moves and don't clip through bodies. Justin Roberts is here as the ring announcer, King and Cole are confirmed, and Alberto Del Rio's entrance comes complete with Ricardo Rodriguez.

There's a lot to WWE '12, and I won't pretend that I've seen it all. As it stands, this taste served its purpose -- I had fun playing and can't wait to see more. We'll all admit that WWE SmackDown vs. Raw was getting stale and doing the same thing year after year, so a relaunch that tackles a lot of fan complaints head on is very exciting. Let's just hope it doesn't suck."

We've heard this before. New system! New AI! etcetcetc. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll buy it regardless because I'm stupidly addicted to these games. Hopefully they keep all of the things from the CAW.. I'm already readying themes :)

I'm pretty excited that they're keeping the "interrupt any move at any time" thing from WWE All Stars.. That was one of my favorite things about it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Again with using orange on the cover, though..

tba-wwe-12-20110530093451509.jpg

Aaaaand a Q&A

THQ Creative Director for WWE games Corey Ledesma recently spoke to THQ about the new WWE ‘12 video game. Here are some highlights:

Q: Take me through your thoughts on how SvR ‘11 was received, and what you could/wish your team could have done better?

Cory: We have a lot of pride in the work we put out there, so the team felt very good about WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011 being a solid product that fans were going to thoroughly enjoy. We were able to introduce a new mode, called WWE Universe, that we think was a very solid foundation for the future and got a lot of people excited to play the game. Adding dynamic object physics to gameplay was also another major addition that we felt changed the way the game looked and played for the better. All in all, we were generally pleased with how the game was received. With that being said, there were some game areas we were not completely satisfied with and feel need significant improvement. Our fans are intelligent, recognize a lot of those shortcomings as well and let us know about them.

Unfortunately, some of the game areas or improvements we want to make can’t happen overnight and take a lot of planning, research and development and other resources to see to fruition. In those cases, we often create multi-year plans where those improvements are rolled out in phases so we can realistically achieve the quality we want each year while also rolling out new features and updates, updating the roster and balancing our development costs. To give you a little insight to our future planning, these are some of the key areas we are going to continue focusing on from a technical standpoint:

1.) Gameplay

2.) Online Lag and Cheating

3.) Animation Quality

4.) A.I.

5.) Sound

6.) Graphical Quality

These are the game areas where we can continue pushing the envelope and step our game up to the next level from a technical standpoint. You’ll start to see a significant amount of those improvements listed above in this year’s game. We are investing heavily in the future of this franchise.

On the design side, we weren’t happy with the execution of Road to WrestleMania. We liked the concept, but we just didn’t do a good job making that backstage area fun, keeping it populated, entertaining and engaging. We went back to the drawing board a bit on that one. We also had some disappointing bugs in gameplay that our creative team was a little disheartened by, but we’ll get a lot of those things cleaned up. Online also had several issues we are working hard to address. I want the fans to know that we are very aware of their criticisms and we are working as hard as we can to address them. Just know that in some cases the reason you might not see changes happen as quickly as you like because there are some difficult development challenges or hurdles we are trying to overcome just like any other developer, but we’re committed and we’ll get there!

Q: As the creative director of the team, what’s your opinion on the name change?

Cory: I absolutely love it, and I’ve been a key proponent of the change.

I’ve just felt for a couple of years now that the franchise has been getting stale and in need of a reboot. Not just with the name but also with the game experience. The name of the franchise evolved a couple of times over the years, and it has gotten to the point where the name doesn’t really mean anything. WWE currently doesn’t have brand wars, and the shows themselves are rarely competing against each other, so SmackDown vs. Raw as a name doesn’t really have a meaning. We started out as just being called SmackDown when that show made its debut for WWE back in 1999. Back then, we were releasing WWE products exclusively for specific platforms – SmackDown for Sony, Raw for Microsoft and Day of Reckoning for Nintendo. We then made the decision in 2004 to pool all of our resources together and make one great game, which is how SmackDown vs. Raw came together. Now, we are just WWE ’12, which is great because we just want to be known as the official, authentic WWE simulation product … period. All that encompasses what’s great about WWE live events and television is encapsulated and recreated in WWE ’12. It’s simple and to the point. I’m pumped about it because I’ve always wanted to re-launch this franchise the right way, and we are finally getting the opportunity to do it this year.

Q: Without giving any information, what area of the game are you most excited about in WWE ‘12?

Cory: Gameplay, gameplay and more gameplay. Now, we aren’t changing the game entirely or completely ripping everything out to start over. That wasn’t the goal. What we are doing is taking the basic essence of what is good in the past games and making a new experience that feels fresh, fun, responsive, faster, smoother and is of higher quality. If you’re played the SmackDown vs. Raw games in the past, I have zero doubt you will notice the difference as soon as you pick up this year’s game. We are adding new gameplay systems, completely overhauling gameplay systems and improving current gameplay systems. The new animation system is giving us new capabilities as well. One quick is example is that you now have the ability to interrupt animations. For example, if John Cena is doing a five-knuckle shuffle in the game, you can knock him right on his butt in the middle of the move (something you’ve never been able to do in our game because the animation had to completely play out – and that goes for every single move in the game). We have several new capabilities like the one just mentioned that will change the dynamic of how the game is played. We didn’t want to completely throw everything out and build something from scratch. That would force us to take a major step back, probably cut out 80 percent of our moves/match types and also put us at risk to disappoint fans who love the current game. We wanted to find the balance between fixing what is broken and also delivering a brand new, high quality experience. I believe we are accomplishing that now, and fans are going to love this new WWE ’12 gameplay experience. We will be unveiling more about the changes to gameplay as time moves on.

Q: There has been a ton of game franchises that have taken on a new name. Is WWE ‘12 just a name change? How will we know? What is your favorite (other) franchise re-invention?

Cory: WWE ’12 is far from just a name change. Our goal has been to create a brand new experience with a new, high quality animation system, a new renderer and a new strategic gameplay experience that will look, feel and play substantially better than its predecessors. When you play the game, you’ll notice right away that you’re spending less time on the mat mashing buttons and more time enjoying the action with a faster paced gameplay flow, simpler game controls and the most fluid and realistic animations the game has ever seen. This is a true franchise reboot and not just a name change. It’s also an investment toward the future of the franchise, giving us the opportunity to use our new technology to push the game to new heights never seen before.

Q: How far along in development are you on WWE ‘12?

Cory: We started around the end of May 2010, so we are currently at the one year mark. We still have more months ahead for gameplay tuning and bug fixing, and then we are done. It feels like we never stop. One year bleeds into the next. With the multi-year plans, we are already planning for projects in the distant future.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol at CZW forcing changes to botchamania 173.

Newsflash - No one would watch any of your shit if it wasn't on botchamania.

Hey guys,

I mentioned a while back about a wrestling show for my BlogTalkRadio network.

Well, I haven't received a response back from the person looking to fund the show in a while. So, if anyone would like to helm their own wrestling show for the network for just a $5/month pitch-in towards the premium account, please let me know.

It can be a live show or a podcast show, too.

[quote name='Scorch']Also, Tyler Reks wants to PWN you on XBox Live!!!!!!!11!11
[/QUOTE]

Mad Man Pondo gave his gamer tag out on Colt's new Art of Wrestling Podcast. (it's Mad Man Pond0)

[quote name='Halo05']lol at CZW forcing changes to botchamania 173.

Newsflash - No one would watch any of your shit if it wasn't on botchamania.[/QUOTE]

I watch CZW dvds.

I downloaded a CZW event once just to see what a full length show is. The first match had Drake Younger doing all sorts of crazy light bulb tube shots and double chair spots and they brought out the barb-wire stapled to a piece of wood. The match lasted about 20 mins. It was entertaining, but it was also sadly the highlight of the entire DVD. Each match after that was shorter and shorter with less and less spots. It felt like reverse booking.

[quote name='Scorch']Here's the article for the people who don't want to click:

We've heard this before. New system! New AI! etcetcetc. I'll believe it when I see it. I'll buy it regardless because I'm stupidly addicted to these games. Hopefully they keep all of the things from the CAW.. I'm already readying themes :)

I'm pretty excited that they're keeping the "interrupt any move at any time" thing from WWE All Stars.. That was one of my favorite things about it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it.

Again with using orange on the cover, though..

tba-wwe-12-20110530093451509.jpg

Aaaaand a Q&A

[/QUOTE]That cover is shit. Dull, boring, bad logo (ENOUGH WITH THE ATTITUDE ERA LOGO!!!), and bad font for the "'12". Give me something colorful and flashy. I'd preorder at GameStop to get a bitchin' Zack Ryder cover.

I can enjoy a good garbage match as much as anyone, but there's a difference between the stuff that guys like Foley and Funk did in Japan as opposed to two local halfwits throwing each other through lightbulbs for $25. Everything I've seen of CZW has been exclusively the latter.

I started watching wrestling in the mid-90s so there's a lot of stuff I missed. I never saw Macho Man in WWF, just WCW. I ordered the DVD set and there's some really, really good matches I missed. Never knew he faced Shawn Michaels as a champ, and it was a really, really good match.

I've heard Heenan and Gorilla's banter before, but Heenan was amazing during this match.

Heenan: (to Gorilla) "Has anyone called you baby?"
Gorilla: "no."
Heenan: "Gorillakins?"

Good stuff. Heenan is great.

Savage/Hart vs HBK/Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect and Sherri) now. JR and Brain on commentary. Clearly I need to go back and watch a ton of early 90s stuff. This match should be amazing.

Ok thanks. But I asked because I remember this airing on WWF Superstars on Telemundo. I would watch that sometimes & essentially it was the same as the English version but obviously dubbed in Spanish. But for a short period they started putting actual main events at the end such as Flair/HBK vs savage/Bret. I was & avid Coliseum video watcher so i hadnt seen this match b4. I taped some of them but dont rember where the tape is. I believe one week they had Undertaker vs Papa Shago & another vs Berzerker.

[quote name='davo1224']In looking through my porn I forgot that I still had pictures of William Regal's wang from No Mercy 2006.[/QUOTE]

First you post a link to gay sex fan fic and now this. Is there something else that you really want to say?

Yeah that it's amusing how I can talk all day long with other fans about how much I remember/know about wrestling but that it gets glossed over in favor of gifs, tired cliches, and masturbating over WWE fluff documentaries. Conversely, posting anything even remotely gay sets off an alarm.

[quote name='davo1224']Yeah that it's amusing how I can talk all day long with other fans about how much I remember/know about wrestling but that it gets glossed over in favor of gifs, tired cliches, and masturbating over WWE fluff documentaries. Conversely, posting anything even remotely gay sets off an alarm.[/QUOTE]

Oh, get over yourself. It was just some friendly ribbing. If you have such a strong desire to be recognized as some wrestling encyclopedia you probably need to search for that satisfaction elsewhere.

BTW, that fanfic you linked to wasn't "remotely" gay. It was full-on raging homosexual. Don't try to downplay it.

Ha

An odd situation happened after Tuesday’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Des Moines, Iowa. After SmackDown ended, Mark Henry came out for a dark main event that was advertised to be Christian vs. Randy Orton. Henry entered the ring and just waited as no opponent ever came out. Henry waited for around five minutes before finally beginning to cut a promo to the crowd. Each time Henry would begin to speak, the microphones were cut.

Instead of getting a promo accomplished, Henry began to taunt some fans at ringside. After 15 minutes of this going on, ring announcer Tony Chimel announced that while fans waited for Mark Henry’s opponent, WWE thanks the fans for attending.

Henry’s music started playing for a few minutes before stopping. Hornswoggle’s music then hit but he never came out. After a few minutes of that, The Great Khali’s old theme music played but again, nobody came out. Khali’s music stopped and Vince McMahon’s music played but as expected, he didn’t come out either. After about 20 minutes since SmackDown ended, Henry got tired of waiting for an opponent and walked to the back. No word yet on what happened but it sounds like WWE was playing a big rib on Henry.

Well, at least it's nice to know that undercutting and burying heels isn't just for TV anymore.

WWE's DVD "The Rock: The most electrifying man" is now available on instant streaming and, in a first, is available in its entirety.. All three discs are there, so the matches and everything are in.

Who's up for an instant stream party tonight on xbl?!

I always thought his matches with anyone other than Foley were just boring as hell. Was there something I missed?

How does a stream party work? If you send me an invite can I join in later or does everyone have to join beforehand? I've got dogs to walk and a lilac bush to turn into twig piles for the city to pick up. I didn't get inside until more like 8pm CST last night.

[quote name='nasum']I always thought his matches with anyone other than Foley were just boring as hell. Was there something I missed?

How does a stream party work? If you send me an invite can I join in later or does everyone have to join beforehand? I've got dogs to walk and a lilac bush to turn into twig piles for the city to pick up. I didn't get inside until more like 8pm CST last night.[/QUOTE]

I believe I can add anyone at any point, it just pauses and syncs everyone up when someone new joins.

We mostly just hang out and make fun of whatever we're watching, though we've only watched Legendary and The Chaperone so far. I don't see why we can't do the same at some of Rock's matches or his opponents.

I forgot to record the first minute of the show, so I won't be able to enjoy the insanity of Bischoff being served with papers AND the beginning of a Velvet-ODB brawl that wound up lasting longer than most matches, but don't worry - they still stuck in plenty of whores, bitches, and douches in there. Oh, and ODB's shirt appears to have a massive dildo on it. This debacle was almost worth it for the visual of Tessmacher cradling a bikini-clad Velvet in her arms. Tenay brought up the idiocy of blaming others when you should look in the mirror to find the source of a problem regarding ODB, which got a hearty laugh out of me given how blame is always blamed on others. Speaking of which, Bischoff was all over the show after this, making Kendrick-Kaz, then calling Hogan "during the break", THEN coming out to cut a promo. Cripes. Thankfully, this led to the formation of Gun Money, which is an awesome tag team name. It also led to me laughing due to Bischoff insisting on TNA delivering what they promise on PPV.

According to Taz, Matt Hardy's been to more dances than Crimson. I'll assume it's for all the free cake and spiked punch. Crimson-Matt was actually shockingly good, and I'll give all the credit to Matt because aside from Crimson's throws, his offense looks terrible. He's also pretty short - Jackson James was up to his forehead. I liked that they put over the Red Sky as a legit finisher by showing clips of him beating dudes, including Abyss, who despite now having a title, isn't on his radar anymore, and then using that same move to beat Hardy. They're doing a lot right with Crimson...so why can't they book other people as effectively?

Angelina talked for the first time as a zombie. I think she's a worse actress as one than she is a wrestler, which isn't good. Bischoff ranted and raved about this being the end for Immortal, THAT HE'D BEEN THROUGH THIS EXACT THING BEFORE, and he and Hogan would never forget it which...really just seemed to come out of absolutely nowhere. It felt like getting a used book that had a large sequence of pages ripped out of it. Kind of like when they killed the Main Event Mafia a couple of years ago without actually using the group as a means to get the babyfaces who always lost to them over.

EY and Anderson and met and EY ruled it. He owns a TV, won't fall for Anderson's tactics, AND wants to teach wrestling clinics. Greatness. Angelina-Tessmacher was tremendous, not due to any actual in-ring action, but Tessmacher's ass. Also, some of Taz's lines were awesome. EY-Anderson was a terrible idea. Okay, so Anderson doesn't care because he's dressed as Sting, fine, I get that - WHY HAVE HIM INTENTIONALLY HIT THE STINGER SPLASH INTO THE BUCKLE AND NO-SELL IT!? Sure, it mocks Sting, but it kills whatever credibility the move has, makes everything look fake. Also, Anderson in Sting's gear, but without the jacket, really brings out his gut and love handles. And EY then beat Anderson AFTER GUNNER CAME TO COST EY THE MATCH. My God... whatever good could've come from Anderson winning the title after at least the storyline of him being robbed of the title month after month was completely undone with their build of this Sting match. Somehow, someone in TNA thought this bullshit would be a great way to get a buyrate for the company's ninth anniversary show, which has now been reduced to a B-level show due to how shitty a job they've done building anything up on it. I enjoyed seeing EY and Sting side-by-side since, if memory serves, EY faced Sting in his first match on Spike.

Nice of them to bring back a 10 minute time limit for Kendrick-Kaz after not only not doing that for months, but not even having time limits on this show. The match itself was really good and would've made a fine X title match on PPV...which just made me wish they had a rematch instead of throwing Abyss into things, because barring a miracle, Abyss will not allow that match to be as good as this one was. It had a lot of fast action, the crowd was into it way, way, way more than any X division match in a long time, they had big moves lead to near-finishes and near-falls, a time limit draw, AND over time leading to...Abyss killing these dudes on TV, probably leading to Abyss killing them to prove that one big guy can pin 2 little guys like they were El Gigante squash victims. Also, Tenay saying it was a time limit draw was way too fast and clunky - seemed like a line out of the Speed Racer cartoon. THERE'S THE BELL TIME LIMIT I GUESS. Really!? They had a week and a half to dub this show and THIS!? made air. Amazing.

Out of basically nowhere, they show a clip of Bully Ray doing the powerbomb off the stage to AJ to setup the confrontation they mentioned ONCE at the start of the show. Bully Ray didn't even mention it at all during Bischoff's speech. However, THIS SEGMENT RULED. Bully Ray was awesome carrying the promo, and AJ was really good in it as well - nice, believable intensity, and some comedy, like Bully telling a female fan to tell AJ how big his dick was. Normally, you can't rally blend serious and comedy, but they did it, and did an awesome job at least selling the PPV on at least this match, which might be helped if this wasn't a last man standing match, which WWE just did so horribly that I have zero desire to see one anytime soon. Not quite sure how I feel about Dreamer being thrown under the bus here, because while it was great to hear Bully and even Taz bury him for being a loser, I can't help but think it's being done to lead to him giving Bully the win. Also, I'm glad they showed the one good piledriver Dreamer did to AJ instead of the PPV one.

It was nice of the announcers to explain why the main event was happening WHILE THE INTROS WERE STARTING. The match was only mentioned in passing and its purpose wasn't explained at all beforehand. The match itself was fine, and I enjoyed little things like Steiner being a coward and not tagging in to avoid Morgan, but would've been nice, like last week's show, if they didn't show it into only a third of the screen while Hogan and Bischoff talked backstage...and then Angle seemingly accidentally knocked his ex-wife down a massive flight of stairs, and Steiner somehow pinned Morgan after doing something after a low blow. So the match of course meant nothing and was just window dressing for more angles. And I'm not sure, but I think Jeff might've turned face because Angle was being a huge asshole. Oh, and after hyping it up for a half hour, Hogan came out at 10:57 and it took them a while to build up to Foley being fired as a network exec BY the network...for some reason. Whatever. If he's gone, fine, the company has tarnished his legacy by poorly using him and to be fair, he hasn't used his status as a legend to actually ensure he is used well, so him leaving would be a good thing. Oh, and both Hogan and Bischoff seemed strangely unconcerned about Karen Jarrett, who is on their side IN IMMORTAL, seemingly being thrown down a flight of stairs.

Screens -

Was a double-fisting kangaroo involved here?

I approve of this pinfall

Also, this rescue is okay.

Quotes -
Some guy - You’ve been served.
Bischoff - SERVED!? BY THE NETWORK!? WHY DIDN’T THEY CALL ME!?
ODB - NICE PHOTO SHOOT YA WHORE! DOUCHE!
Tenay - NOBODY’S SAFE, NOT EVEN TNA PHOTOGRAPHER LEE SOUTH!
Velvet - YOU CRAZY BITCH!
ODB - YOU SKINNY WHORE!
ODB - YOU’RE ALWAYS ON YOUR BACK GIVING ‘EM CHUBBIES!
Tenay - ODB BLAMES VELVET FOR HER FIRING. IT’S ALWAYS EASIER TO POINT THE FINGER THAN LOOK AT THE MIRROR!
Taz - YAM BACK STRIKES!
ODB -- HOW’S YER ASS GONNA LOOK IN THE PHOTOSHOOT NOW!
Tenay - THE INTERRUPTION OF OUR ON-CAMERA BY STING! OR NOT!
Ander sting - Ladies and germs, especially Mike and Taz, I got a little something special lined up for tonight. I’m taking this thing to a whole nother level! Tonight, I’m gonna face in that very ring one of Sting’s most storied competitors. One of his most famous competitors - tonight, ON IMPACT WRESTLING, IN THAT VERY RING, ONE ON ONE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! STAY TUNED!
Bischoff - I just got served with papers from SpikeTV….
Kendrick - I want to thank you and mister Hogan for giving you my chance last week. But I didn’t get the job done, so I’d like another shot…
Bischoff - YOU WANT ANOTHER SHOT AT ABYSS!? WHAT’S WITH YOU X DIVISION GUYS!? ARE YOU GLUTTONS FOR PUNISHMENT!? Kazarian already has a shot…wait, TONIGHT, YOU AND KAZARIAN CAN X-DIVISION IT UP TONIGHT AND THE WINNER GETS ABYSS!
Bischoff - You know what, I DON’T HAVE A LOT OF TIME, so I’m gonna get down to business - BEER MONEY, GET DOWN TO THE RING, NOW! Look guys, we’re both running out of time. I got somebody watching my back close and you guys know you have 30 days to defend the titles - you’re not gonna be able to do so, and WE’VE GOT IT ADVERTISED, but I have no choice…just hand the titles over… RULES ARE RULES, and despite what the network thinks, I play by the rules.
Roode - YOU’RE A REAL SON OF A BITCH! 2 WEEKS AGO, YOU HAVE YOUR GOONS DESTROY MY SHOULDER AND NOW YOU WANNA TAKE AWAY THE TITLES WE’VE EARNED AND YOU WANNA TAKE ‘EM AWAY!? YOU KNOW WHAT!? IT’S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I’LL BE AT SLAMMIVERSARY, HURT OR NOT - YOU WANT ‘EM!? IT’LL BE OVER MY DEAD BODY! (Shelley comes out)
Shelley - I heard all that. I’m gonna break some news and break some hearts - Sabin’s out for the rest of the year, you won’t be seeing the Guns until 2012 at the earliest. So it made me think about our past, and one thing I was proud of was two teams and five matches - you remember that? BECAUSE I KNOW THEY DO. One of the things I learned was respect, and I respect you and you, and Beer Money just like these people respect you.
Bischoff - WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?
Shelley - I had an offer, but not for you - these fellas. You talked about rules, and as far as I’m concerned, we can make our loophole, YOU LET ME DEFEND THE HONOR OF THOSE TAG TITLES WITH JAMES STORM!
Bischoff - YOU THINK YOU CAN COME OUT EHRE AND JUST INSERT YOURSELF IN A TITLE MATCH!? Is that what you’re saying!?
Shelley - We don’t wanna break your precious rules about 30 days….
Bischoff - WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD DO THAT!?
Shelley - THE NETWORK! LET’S MAKE GUN MONEY A REALITY!
Bischoff - It takes a big set of balls to do that, but you also made my shit list!
Tenay - SHELLEY, YOU MADE BISCHOFF’S BLEEP LIST!
Tenay - It’s almost like Bischoff FEARS THE ABSOLUTE WORST!
Taz - Been to a few more dances, and then some after that - Matt Hardy.
Tenay - IT MAKES SENSE TO TARGET THE HEAD WITH MOVES LIKE THE TWIST OF HATE AND THE ICEPICK!
Anderson - EY, I’d like to talk to you…
EY - Everyone wants me to teach how to have epic battles like me and Gunner had last week.
Anderson - It reminded me of another one. 1989, Center Stage, Sting versus GREAT MUTA!
EY - HE WAS AWESOME. Not as awesome as Sting, but still awesome.
Anderson - I’d like to recreate history…
EY - I have a TV - I SAW WHAT YA DID LAST WEEK. I won’t direspect to a hero!
Anderson - It’s paying HOMAGE to Sting!
EY - You wanna remind people of when we were kids and WRESTLING MATTERED!?
Anderson - Yeah. Pinky swear.
Winter - MICKIE DREW BLOOD! SHE TRIED TO SCAR ME FOR LIFE! Angelina, it’s up to you to defend my honor, and it starts tonight with Tessmacher.
Angelina - I must become royalty again, and go back to the time when we were together. Tonight, I do this in your honor.
Bischoff - Guys, I will, but I don’t have to do it. I’ve been in this movie before - I know how it ends. I had no idea when we started this, it would end like this. I’ve been down this road before - I’ve worked for big networks. THEY’RE IDEA OF WHAT A BIG WRESTLING COMPANY SHOULD BE AND WHAT WE THINK IT SHOULD BE. They have ALL the power. They write the checks. I think I can speak for Hulk - we’ll never forget, of all the things we’ve been through - this has been very important.
Tenay - If Bischoff’s gone, the corks will be popping.
Taz - Speaking of popping, it’s Miss Tessmacher!
Tenay - IT’S ALMOST LIKE A HYPNOTIC TRANCE!
Taz - It’s weird an hot - just speaking as a red-blooded American.
Taz - VICTORY ROLL! It’s usually a victory for all!
Hemme - And Sting’s opponent, from the Orient - the not so Great Muta.
Tenay - Muta’s fame wasn’t just limited to Japan - he also had the NWA World Champion.
Taz - I don’t think Muta had the same haircut that Eric Young has. Or a musty red beard. BUT HE DID HAVE PAINT! Anderson’s perplexed and it was his idea!
Taz - Can you imagine EY beating the number 1 contender!?
Hemme - YOUR WINNER, THE NOT SO GREAT MUTA!
Tenay - AT SLAMMIVERSARY, IT’S STING VERSUS ANDERSON FOR THE WORLD TITLE!
Tenay - Let’s talk about big-match experience for both men.
Taz - This isn’t Kendrick’s first rodeo.
Tenay - THERE’S THE BELL TIME LIMIT I GUESS!
Abyss - THE X DIVISION IS DEAD!
AJ - I heard from a birdy that Bully Ray was gonna call me out, WELL, NO ONE CALLS ME OUT IN MY HOUSE!
Bully - DID YOU JUST SAY YOUR HOUSE!? THIS IS YOUR HOUSE!? A building filled up with inbred rednecks…IT IS YOUR HOUSE. Wipe the smug off ya face, you’re riding a high cuz you and your girlfriend Daniels beat me and Dreamer. That’s where you’re mistaken - ya never beat ME in a street fight. Ya never piledrove ME on my head. Ya beat Dreamer. AND HE’S A HORRIBEL TAG TEAM PARTNER!
Taz - That’s true.
Bully - HE’S ALMOST AS BAD AS DEVON, WHO I CARRIED FOR 15 YEARS. YOU ARE EVERYTHING I HATE ABOUT MODERN DAY PRO WRESTLERS. YOU’D RATHER PLAY VIDEO GAMES ON YA LAPTOP! I’d rather go to the strip club, drink whiskey, and get a lap dance. You’re a punk, I’m a pro fucking wrestler. YA SEE THAT!? FEAR! I CAN READ IT IN YOUR EYES. Pure fear, AJ. Know how I know it’s true? I PUT THE FEAR OF GOD IN EVERYBODY! And if God was a Bully, he’d be me!
AJ - Big words from a guy who changed his name from Brother Ray to Bully Ray because he’s so insecure about his penis size!
Bully - THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS BENIS SIZE! Hey you, tell him!
AJ - You think that you’re the bigger “Man?” I’M AJ STYLES AND DESPITE THE FAME, GLORY, AND FORTUNE, I’M STILL THAT CRAZY REDNECK WHO LOOKS FOR THE BIGGEST GUY IN THE FIGHT AND KNOCKS HIS HEAD OFF! The old saying goes that a bully’s like a balloon - pop him once and he goes away forever.
Bully - YOU WANNA POP MY BALLON!?
AJ - Let’s do this FOR REAL. AT SLAMMIVERSARY, ONE MAN UP, ONE MAN DOWN! LAST MAN STANDING MATCH!
Bully - You out of your mind!? ARE YOU OUT OF YER FRIGGIN MIND!? Do you have any idea what you’re getting yourself into!?
AJ - Do you have any idea what you’re getting YOURSELF into!?
Taz - Steiner and Angle, former MEM members. HELLO!?
Tenay - Just bringing up their Impact Wrestling history.
Taz - Yeah, and I’d know about it - I WAS IN IT!
Angle - JEFF, YOU’RE AN ASSHOLE!
Jeff - IT WAS AN ACCIDENT AND YOU KNOW IT!
Angle - GO TO THE DAMN HOSPITAL YOU ASSHOLE!
Taz - I agree with Kurt - she shouldn’t have been out here to begin with.
Taz - They took over in October - that’s what I mean about lasting a year.
Bischoff - I can’t open this. If this is gonna be the last time we’re on national TV together, then BY GOD, I WANT PEOPLE TO HEAR WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. Mick, I’ve known you for 19 years. When I first met you, when you were Cactus Jack, and you were running around in WCW and not really good at much of anything, but you could cut a good interview. In the ring, you FLAT OUT SUCKED. YOU BUILT AN ENTIRE CAREER BY DOING NOTHING THAN CHASE PEOPLE AROUND WITH A STUPID SOCK ON YOUR HEAD. YOU’RE LIKE SOME KIND OF MUPPET MASTER AND HOW THE HELL YOU WERE ABLE TO CONVINCE A NETWORK THAT YOU OF ALL PEOPLE HAD ANY KIND OF GRASP OF THE WRESTLING BUSINESS IS A TESTIMONY TO THE FACT THAT YOU’RE GOOD AT NOTHING BUT TALKING. I HAVE ACCOMPLISHED MORE IN MY WORST WEEK THAN YOU HAVE IN THE BEST WEEK OF YOURS. Hulk, go ahead, make it official.
Hogan - FIRST THING, DID YOU FORGET WHO THE HELL YOU ARE!? YOU ARE MY PARTNER, BROTHER! MY GOD, BROTHER, WE HAVE MADE HISTORY TOGETHER. THIS STINKING PIECE OF PAPER PUTS NO FEAR INTO ME AT ALL. IT’S JUDGMENT TIME! Bischoff, Hogan, attorneys…blah blah blah…terms…blah blah any additional discussions understanding…blah effective immediately UPON RECEIPT OF THIS NOTIFICATION, WE HAVE EXCERCISED OUR OPTION TO TERMINATE SAID POSITION!? Wait a minute…HAHAHAHAHA WE HAVE TERMINATED SAID POSITION! HOHOHO! MICK FOLEY, YOU’RE FIRED!
Tenay - WHAT THE HELL!? MICK FOLEY FIRED BY THE NETWORK!
Hogan - YOU’RE FIRED, FOLEY!

Can we go back to talking about how out of control Tessmacher's ass is? We were getting on a roll there and then Macho Man died and kinda squashed the topic.

Jay, in your summary, you failed to mention EY as "The Not So Great Muta". He green misted Anderson to get the pin after Gunner had the ref distracted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back