The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JJSP']Thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel about an angle designed to have him suspended still allowing him to work house shows (though it makes sense considering they're embarking on the Australian tour and those tickets have been on sale for months).[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:\"

So I'm on disc 3 of the Nitro set. And like someone else said, the one glaring edit I'm noticing is Goldberg's theme.

Also, I'm disappointed in the lack of Jericho going to Washington DC during the championship conspiracy.

[quote name='Chronis']Also, I'm disappointed in the lack of Jericho going to Washington DC during the championship conspiracy.[/QUOTE]They might have omitted it because of it being on the Chris Jericho DVD set from last year.

Some news, and possibly potential spoilers on Punk (not sure, spoilerized just in case)

- Sources report that CM Punk's entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It's said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk's comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk's deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night's new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

[quote name='JJSP']Thoughts? I'm not sure how I feel about an angle designed to have him suspended still allowing him to work house shows (though it makes sense considering they're embarking on the Australian tour and those tickets have been on sale for months).[/QUOTE]

Well, one major downside to running the angle with Punk suspended is that they're promoting one of their hottest talents right now will *not* be at any shows or events. That's a problem.

1) "Man, Punk was awesome last night!" or "I can't believe what he said about WWE, I hope he gets his ass kicked!"
2) "Well, yeah, but he was suspended. I saw it on the WWE website, so he won't be at the upcoming show in our podunk town."
1) "Well, I guess I won't be going then."

The major problem is how to continue selling tickets to a freshly envigorated fanbase when the storyline is contingent upon believing that WWE really has suspended him.

They ran into that problem last year with John Cena after he was "fired." Their explanation that he decided to simply buy tickets to every show in every city (also: Juan Cena) was widely mocked and ridiculed. You surely remember the absurd storyline progression where Cena was not only not employed, but wore his full merchandise suite, jean shorts and knee pads (fucking KNEE PADS) and got promo and in-ring time week in and week out far more than any "current employee" in WWE.

They fired Cena and then ran with the storyline in a way that made it preposterously unfuckingbelieveable. With Punk, they seem to have learned from that. So credit is due there. If WWE has taken the approach of saying "hey, this dude has a contract and has to fulfill his obligations," then that's a reasonable and respectable approach, honestly.

My own personal speculation as to where this goes (with spoilers for next week)...

So we've got Punk suspended at the end of this week's Raw but allowed to work the MITB match against Cena by Vince after Vince said he'd never allow the champ to leave with the belt. If Punk wins, he's taking the belt and Cena's getting fired (per Vince).

We go to MITB with Punk on his way out regardless (if any of it was a shoot, would you stay knowing that you just told off management on live TV?) and Cena "fired" if he loses. One way or another, Cena beats Punk. Vince comes out, fires Punk on his way out...and then fires Cena as well for disrespecting the boss. We get mega-heel Vince (who shit on the web darling Punk and the children's hero Cena) back on TV, Punk goes off into the sunset, and Cena:McMahon::Austin:McMahon adding in Del Rio as the "corporate" champion.

What I'd like to see at MITB...
I'd love for Cena to intentionally drop the belt to Punk at MITB as a way of proving that he isn't a Vince McMahon kiss-ass. No idea how it would actually go down, but I'd love to see that.

The most obvious, yet most awesome plant ever. This is from the same show where Savage and Austin for their only match together.

vlcsnap2011062820h23m45.png

My idea for MITB

Punk wins at MITB, Cena takes his time off to rest up for the nagging injuries (it'll happen sooner than later as Vince will want him back with plenty of time to build up WM28) and while Punk is celebrating, music of MITB winner (Kofi or Rey) hits and they defeat Punk.

It is hard to predict what happens especially with them being in Chicago, but with Punk and Cena I am at least hoping for a good match.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Mark Henry has been pretty badass lately.[/QUOTE]

He also charges for air, and Big Show keeps his bill paid.

My response/reaction:

punkreaction.png

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Yeah, he's finally not just hanging around doing anything, but that line on last night's Raw destroyed any shred of like I had for him... Sorry.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that line was a black thing?

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Maybe that line was a black thing?[/QUOTE]
It's not. I've never heard anyone around here say it, I don't say it, and no one in my family says it. Maybe it's a Silsbee, Texas thing.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']It's not. I've never heard anyone around here say it, I don't say it, and no one in my family says it. Maybe it's a Silsbee, Texas thing.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine someone in creative feeding him that line to say.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']I can imagine someone in creative feeding him that line to say.[/QUOTE]

May I ask what the line was? If it's not too vulgar for here. I missed Raw.

[quote name='Superstar']May I ask what the line was? If it's not too vulgar for here. I missed Raw.[/QUOTE]

The line was "If I charge for air, you better keep your bill paid"

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Mark Henry has been pretty badass lately.[/QUOTE]

Ive really been digging Henry's recent heel run as well. Like I said a few pages back, if he were to have a short world title run that would be fine by me.

Henry has been great lately. I'm glad someone finally acknowledged the lyrics to his song in the PG era. I thought that promo he cut last week on Raw was fantastic. His new attitude seems pretty legit. Guy has probably wanted to vent like that for more than 10 years.

[quote name='Blackout']Henry has been great lately. I'm glad someone finally acknowledged the lyrics to his song in the PG era. I thought that promo he cut last week on Raw was fantastic. His new attitude seems pretty legit. Guy has probably wanted to vent like that for more than 10 years.[/QUOTE]

I think the thing I like most about Henry, compared to guys like Great Khali, who are supposed to be huge monsters, is that Henry is actually able to portray himself as being physically intimidating. I think if you had given that same cage spot from Monday to Kane, Khali, or even Show, it wouldn't nearly have worked as well in my honest opinion.

Now that doesn't mean everyone has to love his wrestling ability, because in that sense, he is quite limited. But lately Henry has been one of the few reasons I tune in to watch WWE programming, along with R-Truth, CM Punk, Christian, and Randy Orton (his current title run has been the absolute best of his 9 year WWF career - much kudos to Christian, who clearly helped Orton fine-tune his in-ring pacing).

The way Henry was booked for nearly... 10 years, has got people scoffing whenever he shows up on their TV sets. However Henry is doing some pretty damn fine character work and the current booking of this Mark Henry/Big Show feud has been absolutely pitch perfect (for what it is).

Keep in mind that it was only this past April that R-Truth was seen as nothing more than enhancement talent who would never be in the main event. Henry's push has only just begun. Lets see where it goes and if he can keep himself healthy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzZYIZMb48

Last edited by a moderator:
They pretaped RAW for next week? Eh, guess that's okay. I'll be out blowing shit up on Monday, anyways.

Wanted to also give an update regarding my search for people to do a wrestling show for my network: I've decided to waive the pitch-in fee for my hosts. So, anyone who wants to do it can drop me a line and can start next month and not pay a dime.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/final-decision-on-kevin-steen/

“Effective today, Wednesday June 29th,” stated ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, “Kevin Steen is banned from ever showing his face at a Ring of Honor event, and should any person or persons attempt to bring him into an ROH event, they too will suffer harsh consequences. In addition, actions will be taken in the future to censor any mention or reference to his name. He made his feelings on Ring of Honor well known on Sunday with one select curse word, and quite honestly I would use the same phrase towards him after that display. So as a result of this new rule, this statement is the last time you will see Kevin Steen’s name mentioned by ROH officials, on ROHWrestling.com, in our Newswires, in our Video Wires, or on a DVD release. Thank you.”

"DAMN IT!" -Jack Bauer

[quote name='Regian']They pretaped RAW for next week? Eh, guess that's okay. I'll be out blowing shit up on Monday, anyways.

Wanted to also give an update regarding my search for people to do a wrestling show for my network: I've decided to waive the pitch-in fee for my hosts. So, anyone who wants to do it can drop me a line and can start next month and not pay a dime.[/QUOTE]

Can I be a character? Easily irritated fat guy?

[quote name='Demolition Man']http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/final-decision-on-kevin-steen/

"DAMN IT!" -Jack Bauer[/QUOTE]

The fuck is this? Is this legit, or an angle? And what did he do to get banned?

Looking at the Punk angle, my dream here would be to have WWE go back to the 90s and be humble enough to work with another promotion like they did with ECW.

Seriously, have Punk win the title and actually take it to ROH. It gives WWE some IWC credibility, and gives ROH some national exposure. It's a win-win, really, since ROH isn't really a promotion that will even remotely threaten WWE. Take it a step further and run a Nexus angle over the summer, but with ROH guys lead by Punk. Run that and I'll pay for cable again just to watch it.

[quote name='007']Looking at the Punk angle, my dream here would be to have WWE go back to the 90s and be humble enough to work with another promotion like they did with ECW.

Seriously, have Punk win the title and actually take it to ROH. It gives WWE some IWC credibility, and gives ROH some national exposure. It's a win-win, really, since ROH isn't really a promotion that will even remotely threaten WWE. Take it a step further and run a Nexus angle over the summer, but with ROH guys lead by Punk. Run that and I'll pay for cable again just to watch it.[/QUOTE]

It's something I never thought about, but now that you said something about it, and it's in my mind, it makes me sad, because WWE doesn't have the balls to pull that kind of move.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']It's something I never thought about, but now that you said something about it, and it's in my mind, it makes me sad, because WWE doesn't have the balls to pull that kind of move.[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine how much hype WrestleEntertainamania could potentially have with the thought of Cena vs Rock interrupted by disgruntled indy workers? Could be awesome, and would of course set up the obvious rematch, possibly with more future Rock appearances.

But, you're probably right.

They used to. Taz was an active WWE wrestler when he saved the ECW title from showing up in WCW by beating Mike Awesome for the belt with the WWE's permission. Then as ECW Champion he showed up on WWE and wrestled Triple H as WWE champion. Pretty cool little bit there.

[quote name='Halo05']They used to. Taz was an active WWE wrestler when he saved the ECW title from showing up in WCW by beating Mike Awesome for the belt with the WWE's permission. Then as ECW Champion he showed up on WWE and wrestled Triple H as WWE champion. Pretty cool little bit there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but in his match with HHH, Taz looked really weak, and from that point on, Taz was finished, and that killed me because I was probably the biggest mark for Taz ever.

[quote name='007']Looking at the Punk angle, my dream here would be to have WWE go back to the 90s and be humble enough to work with another promotion like they did with ECW.

Seriously, have Punk win the title and actually take it to ROH. It gives WWE some IWC credibility, and gives ROH some national exposure. It's a win-win, really, since ROH isn't really a promotion that will even remotely threaten WWE. Take it a step further and run a Nexus angle over the summer, but with ROH guys lead by Punk. Run that and I'll pay for cable again just to watch it.[/QUOTE]

It's hardly a win-win because WWE couldnt give two fucks about the IWC and their credibility with the IWC.

That Orton interview was pretty fun to listen too. Knowing that Randy chews tobacco puts a lot of things into perspective.

jim rome burned on punk this morning that was a nice surprise. hopefully punk calls in like jim requested. also dwayne needs to go to sleep

[quote name='Habbler']That Orton interview was pretty fun to listen too. Knowing that Randy chews tobacco puts a lot of things into perspective.[/QUOTE]

It was fun to listen to, but I think he lost all credibility when he said he was far better than Cena in the ring and that Cena was better than the Rock on the mic.

[quote name='steve nash']jim rome burned on punk this morning that was a nice surprise. hopefully punk calls in like jim requested. also dwayne needs to go to sleep[/QUOTE]

fucking Durham Bulls game played here instead of Rome. I would have loved to have heard that. The day before Rudy Gay got him started on COD campers and that shit was hilarious.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']fucking Durham Bulls game played here instead of Rome. I would have loved to have heard that. The day before Rudy Gay got him started on COD campers and that shit was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

no special rants rome just said the promo was too good to be all fake and he invited punk to come on and talk some more junk. the fool that got run yesterday called back and said camping ftw and rome spent a few minutes calling him a delta bravo.

Supposedly there's good reason why Punk mentioned Heyman, Lesnar, and Cabana.

Heyman and Lesnar are rumored to be in negotiations with the company to return, and Punk is rumored to have asked for Cabana to be rehired and on the main roster (in somewhat of a Raven/Stevie Richards relationship) as part of the terms of his new deal to stay.

[quote name='JJSP']Supposedly there's good reason why Punk mentioned Heyman, Lesnar, and Cabana.

Heyman and Lesnar are rumored to be in negotiations with the company to return, and Punk is rumored to have asked for Cabana to be rehired and on the main roster (in somewhat of a Raven/Stevie Richards relationship) as part of the terms of his new deal to stay.
[/QUOTE]

...I'd be interested in the source on this. Sounds like nonsense to me. Rumors don't really need to be spoilered.

On his Facebook page, Trevor Murdoch wrote, "Well I got a call from Johnny Ace saying they weren't going to go threw with my contract. He told me "budget cut's". I say bullsh**. I think I'm done with pro wrestling. Anybody know of any job opening's?"

How about proofreader?

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Heyman_and_Lesnar_Reportedly_Talking_with_WWE_Could_Colt_Cabana_Return.html

They're quoting the Observer.

How did I not hear about this until now?

It looks like TNA had a spinoff federation all based on race car drivers wrestling in the ring. Produced by Jeff Jarrett and filmed in the Impact Zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Wheels_Wrestling

Good news is that there are established talent, but the bad news is that they were all renamed. Jay Lethal = RPM. Sonjay Dutt = Schwagg Dutt. Shawn Davairi = Dubai.

Looks like on the first episode the singles matches were all conducted under Most Pinfalls wins rules. Cool idea, but the matches are only 5 minutes long. Sonjay apparently got pinned 4 times in a 5 minute match. Sounds like TNA booking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back