The Madworld Thread (Sega/Platinum Games) - Out Now

Nice trailer!(except for the censoring) This is one of my most wanted games for '09. One of the Wii games I'm actually excited about since Metroid Prime 3.

Sega is on a roll in 2009 for Wii publishing.

Madworld (Platinum Games)
House of the Dead: Overkill (Headstrong Games [formerly known as Kuju London])
The Conduit (High Voltage Software)

Oh hay Stephen Blum. I haven't heard your voice in the latest video game and/or anime in....wow almost 2 hours now. That might be a new record.

May we all join hands and partake in his aural banquet he gallantly and mercifully showers us with.

The trailer gives me a stronger God Hand feeling than anything else. Which is good or bad depending on who you talk to.

I feel like I hear Wendee Lee in games more than Stephen Blum. Lots of small random parts. I'd say at best he's even with Johnny Yong Bosch.

Uncensored trailer is up on Youtube (You'll probably want to head to the video page and choose the "watch in high quality" option, since the low-quality version looks terrible):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT8u4nLuVlY&fmt=22

[quote name='Strell']Oh hay Stephen Blum. I haven't heard your voice in the latest video game and/or anime in....wow almost 2 hours now. That might be a new record.

May we all join hands and partake in his aural banquet he gallantly and mercifully showers us with.

The trailer gives me a stronger God Hand feeling than anything else. Which is good or bad depending on who you talk to.[/QUOTE]
Any bets that Crispin Freeman also has a role in the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm reminded of "I have had it with these muthafuckin snakes on this muthafuckin plane!" in the opening to the Death Press segment.

This game is going to be fantastic. :lol:

I honestly think that the censored version is more effective in communicating that "omg this is soooo hardcore," if only because my sick mind imagines scenes far more graphic and disturbing than the ones they actually have in the game. I'd be wrong to assume I'm the only one. I'm certain that nothing gets a kid's attention more than being told they're not supposed to see something.

Bottom line: I think it's all a marketing gimmick, and I think it's extremely effective.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Just watched two minutes of gameplay and realized that Bender is one of the announcers. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Bender and Greg Proops.

It's potential proof for a higher being governing this universe.

Does anyone know if US retail outlets are offering pre-order bonuses for this game? I did a google search and the UK pre-order bonus is the soundtrack to the game! When I was at gamestop the other day, they had a MadWorld plunger (buzzer) that when you pressed it, it made a chainsaw sound. I didn't ask if it was a preorder bonus but should have. I didn't see anything in the Gamestop pre-order bonus thread on the main deals forum. I have Gamestop credit as well as a Best Buy gift card ready for a pre-order. This game is going to be so good!!

This game is going to be so awesome. Too bad we don't get the free soundtrack over here. Maybe if enough people email Sega they will give us something.

Anyone got Sega's email?

[quote name='The Crotch']!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But is it for the whole game, or just certain areas (like the timed death press section)?[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I was a bit too hasty in spreading this label, as GN mentioned "co-op." It seems that judging by the content of the video (Focusing of Black Baron's Death Watch Challenges), any multi-player will likely be constrained to the challenges, something that would make them more competitive (Score-wise) than cooperative. Then again, I think there was a one-second clip that didn't have a clock in the center, so there might be a less... restricted multiplayer mode. Of course, Platinum Games has said nothing about this feature, outside of what's on the video, so all we can do is guess at this point.

[quote name='The Crotch']Double post, I know, but...

... is anyone else noticing an insane amount of clipping in this game?[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the screen taring (Vsync errors) then try going to the GT website and watching the video in a different format. It might be due to the video playback capabilities of your computer. Everything looked fine to me.

No, I'm talking about how any time Jack grabs someone, their arms end up sticking out of his torso and such.

EDIT: From the latest video...

clip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i've done my part. and have pre-ordered this game with amazon. though, it's at $40 and i assume i can get about that much back when i sell it on ebay.

but still, i'm buying it on day one, so i've done something. i actually don't know if i'll love the game. but i enjoy unique experiences, and i'm looking forward to something new.

At least it's widescreen. But Matt apparently said he wasn't really able to tell it was interlaced, and he's an obnoxious graphics whore.

That's an unfortunate omission, but he says it looks great in motion, he couldn't tell it was in 480i until he hooked it up to video equipment.

I would of been more pissed if it was 4:3 instead of 16:9

Disappointing that it doesn't support progressive scan. This is 2009-- making sure your game looks its best on an HDTV really should be a priority for developers.

[quote name='yukine']That's an unfortunate omission, but he says it looks great in motion, he couldn't tell it was in 480i until he hooked it up to video equipment.

I would of been more pissed if it was 4:3 instead of 16:9[/quote]
Ditto. I played Okami on the PS2 in 480i and it looked beautiful on my TV, so I remain optimistic.

[quote name='The Crotch']They also gave Sonic an 8/10, as I recall, so... eh, whatever.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, gamedaily.com gave it a 7/10, so, out of 3 reviews so far, 2 have been positive, one very negative, that from IGN. Gamedaily's review was that the game was too easy, but still fun. They did complain that like other sonic efforts it, as usual, gets away from the "speed" core of Sonic, but none-the-less it is fun. Personally I don't mind the idea of trying to do something different. I'm not so stuck on the idea that Sonic has to remain the same. Having said that, I have not tried Sonic & The Black Knight nor any version of any Sonic game newer then Sonic 3, other then Sonic Rush (DS), which I do like, and that is more like Sonic of old. The positive review from Gamedaily makes it sound like Black Knight might, at the least, be a good game for my kids. However, I'm still holding out until we see more reviews. I hope they come soon though as my oldest has a birthday coming soon....

EDIT: eh... sorry... that's off topic.

[quote name='ProfWho']ign review is up and it got a 9.0[/quote]

Yea which makes me more upset that I preordered from Amazon and they say the estimated ship date is the 16th :bomb:

bread's done
Back