The Mary Louise Parker OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Number83']Congrats and good luck in your future endeavors.

/management[/QUOTE]

Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

It's true though, I just moved to a different division of the same department.

[quote name='Moxio']No more truck dreams, DP?[/QUOTE]

I can't find anything nice in my price range. I don't want a Ford or a Dodge, and it's hard to find a nice extended cab Silverado or Sierra in the 8000 to 9000 range.

I'm hoping that I can get work very soon, because I love this one.

LP, I'm not getting a new car, it will probably be pre 05.

I love Mini Coopers, but I have heard that they have EXTREMELY high ownership costs because they require a lot of maintenance, and the parts and labor for it is really expensive.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Do you think you could even afford a Mini Cooper on your not-yet-certain Walmart income?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Moxio']The mileage is a little high.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that worries me a little, but 103k isn't completely terrible for an 03. Plus, it's a BMW.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn, that Jamaican dude is selling Worms 2 for $5, you guys should get in on that shit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Worms-2-Armaged...id=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|293:1|294:30[/QUOTE]

Love the description:

Product Description
Local Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). Experience an unbelievable adrenaline rush from playing the latest version of the frenetic retro shooter Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2! Newcomers and pros alike will be blown away by the screen-melting intensity and insane new features, including six action-packed gameplay modes, new enemies, new scoring strategies and a diverse list of exciting achievements! If that¿s not crazy enough for you, try multiplayer mayhem for up to four players! Use power-ups in versus mode to boost your stats or handicap your opponent. Or team up with others in co-op mode. Play it all in razor-sharp 1080p to new pulse-pounding music! There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

I'd be afraid to drive a small car like a Mini...specially here in SoCal where everyone's got their Excursions, Hummers, Land Rovers, and big ass trucks.

Be prepared to pay down the road too, though. Like budge said, they have high ownership costs. One of my friend's dad has one, and it costs him a pretty penny.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Yeah, that worries me a little, but 103k isn't completely terrible for an 03. Plus, it's a BMW.[/QUOTE]

Average mileage per year is 10K Puma...103K for a 6 year old car is excessive.

I bought a 5 year old car with 80K, and I thought that was a lot. Luckily it was a dealer car (the dealer used it to drive around the country) so it was in perfect shape. It lasted for another 5 years and got up to 130K which wasn't bad for a Pontiac.

[quote name='manthing']Have to go to the Mall of America for a Genius Bar appointment

:wall:[/QUOTE]
I love how apple just reinforces it's pretentious image with names like that.:roll:

I'd recommend Puma go with something durable and gets high mileage like a solid Civic or something. Simple, gets the job done, won't cost him out of the ass.

[quote name='darthbudge']I love Mini Coopers, but I have heard that they have EXTREMELY high ownership costs because they require a lot of maintenance, and the parts and labor for it is really expensive.[/QUOTE]

Well shit. Not sure how I missed that in all the reviews I was reading. We're having to drop at least 200 bucks every month to keep my suburban going and I don't want to do that again.

Moxio-My mom is completely against small cars, even if I paid for every bit of it. (She doesn't mind the mini though.)
LP-No way in hell I would drive a Kia.

I really do need to get whatever I get quick though. My suburban is just falling apart. I don't even want to know how much the Fuel Pump shit they are putting in is going to cost.

I'd look into a Mazda 6, Puma.

My friend got one an '06 Mazda 6 with pretty low mileage and great inside and outside condition for about ~$9,000. It is a great car.

[quote name='DarthPuma'] I might get a Mini Cooper if I can find a good deal on one once I start working. Insurance on something like that wouldn't be bad right?[/QUOTE]

A newly licensed driver in a car that has WAAAAAAAAY too much HP for a car it's size?

The insurance costs alone would make you cry.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Average mileage per year is 10K Puma...103K for a 6 year old car is excessive.[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to anything this manbaby says.

Average MPY is anywhere from 10-15K

And the KIA Soul isn't very well equipped at 13K. It can reach 17K+ with just a few options.

Anyone else besides me looking forward to 'Surrogates'?
surrogatesexclusivetease.jpg

[quote name='manthing']A newly licensed driver in a car that has WAAAAAAAAY too much HP for a car it's size?

The insurance costs alone would make you cry.

And the KIA Soul isn't very well equipped at 13K. It can reach 17K+ with just a few options.[/QUOTE]

That's why I like it. That plus it's awesome handling seems like it would make for awesome driving. :lol:

I don't think I'm considered newly licensed anymore, because I've been driving for 7 months and now have my unrestricted license.

Glad you guys are here to stop my ideas in their infancy.
____
Budge, mom thinks cars that size are death traps.

[quote name='manthing']

[/QUOTE]

Yup. Especially since Puma lives in a more rural area, he will be putting a lot more miles on it than someone who lives in say SoCal.

EDIT:

Your mom is an ignorant dumbass, Puma.

[quote name='darthbudge']I love Mini Coopers, but I have heard that they have EXTREMELY high ownership costs because they require a lot of maintenance, and the parts and labor for it is really expensive.[/QUOTE]
I just read an article on yahoo about reliability ratings for this years cars, Minis didn't do so well. Toyota/Lexus actually had the most highly scored models. Plus those things would be death traps in a wreck with a large car.

[quote name='darthbudge']Yup. Especially since Puma lives in a more rural area, he will be putting a lot more miles on it than someone who lives in say SoCal.

EDIT:

Your mom is an ignorant dumbass, Puma.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It's like a 10 mile drive to school every day.

I know Budge, I have explained this to her many times. She's kind of right, I'm more safe in something huge (assuming I don't drive like an idiot.), however, I have a greater risk of hurting another driver.

He's so full of Bull:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/tdf2009/news/story?id=4318963

"Like I've said all along, my first obligation is to the team," Armstrong said during a TV interview after the stage.

From 2 days ago:

"One way or the other, it's not going to go according to somebody's plans," Armstrong says, referring to teammate Alberto Contador. "When that moment comes, there's going to be some emotions. Some hurt feelings. It's not going to be easy."

[quote name='Moxio']I'd recommend Puma go with something durable and gets high mileage like a solid Civic or something. Simple, gets the job done, won't cost him out of the ass.[/QUOTE]
^^This.

FWIW, I was in one my wife's accounting partner's Mini "S's" and while on the interstate the wind off an 18 wheeler blew us halfway into another lane. He sold it two months after that.

I've actually been looking at a new car, since the transmission in mine is dieing. Was looking at something like the Toyota Yaris or Nissan Versa.

You're a newly licensed driver until you're like 25 or some bullshit in the eyes of insurance companies, Puma.

Just don't be insured like me. :cool:

[quote name='manthing']TX laws don't require at minimum liability insurance?[/QUOTE]

The damn laws here in MA required basically full liability insurance. Until about 2 years ago you couldn't get Geico/AllState/whatever up here because no one wanted to cover that ridiculousness. My insurance was INSANE as a new driver. I think it was $4k/year.

They changed the law 2 years ago, but I'm not sure what happened, I haven't owned a car in almost 5 years.

[quote name='Liquid 2']You're a newly licensed driver until you're like 25 or some bullshit in the eyes of insurance companies, Puma.
[/QUOTE]

Old news to insurance company's who have had the numbers on this for a while:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A52687-2005Jan31.html

National Institutes of Health study suggests that the region of the brain that inhibits risky behavior is not fully formed until age 25

[quote name='lordwow']Until about 2 years ago you couldn't get Geico/AllState/whatever up here because no one wanted to cover that ridiculousness. My insurance was INSANE as a new driver. I think it was $4k/year.[/QUOTE]

Uninsured motorists are fucking a nightmare. I was hit by one once, I could have choked after it was all said and done.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh, and everyone should buy a Lancer like me. They're so cash.

Also, my insurance?
$45 a month with full coverage. ::Sunglasses::
[/QUOTE]

How the fuck did you pull that off?

The new Lancer Evo's are some ballin' cars.

[quote name='JolietJake']I've actually been looking at a new car, since the transmission in mine is dieing. Was looking at something like the Toyota Yaris or Nissan Versa.[/QUOTE]

It's "dying" JJ ;)

[quote name='manthing']TX laws don't require at minimum liability insurance?[/QUOTE]Well, the car is insured, but I'm not on the policy since I'm not going to pay like $1200 every 6 months.

[quote name='Moxio']I can't believe how much shit you'll get into if/when you get into a crash, Liquid. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm more worried about a ticket, since I speed a lot. :x
I'd be fuuuuuuuuuucked. :[

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Oh, and everyone should buy a Lancer like me. They're so cash.
[/QUOTE]

The Ford Focus is where its at.

[quote name='DarthPuma']How the fuck did you pull that off?

The new Lancer Evo's are some ballin' cars.[/QUOTE]

Yup, my 09 gets all the tail that I can't have because I'm married. ;)

My insurance? Multiple things.

1. Geico stole me from somebody else. Discount.
2. I'm over 25. Discount.
3. I'm married and my wife is on my policy. Discount.
4. My car is a four door, and while it's still fast and sporty, it's not considered a sport's car.
5. I bought the car brand new, so you get a discount for that too.
6. My home owner's insurance is through them as well.

Keep in mind, this is all with three tickets on my license.

I have a 2008 (or is it 2009?) and it's great. I used to be a car valet and I can tell you my Focus is the most comfortable car I've ever driven. Plus its not that expensive and has lots of cool gadgets. (chicks love the mood lighting :))

[quote name='Liquid 2']American cars are not where it's at, especially after the whole bailout b-b-b-b-bulllllllshit.[/QUOTE]

Ford didn't accept any bailout money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back