The "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig Memorial / Tribute Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Surviving a bear mauling is difficult. That bear is going to absolutely destroy you. But the second it gets just a little cocky, that's when you RISE UP and OVERCOME ALL ODDS and take that bear down.

Now the other bears, they're going to boo you, and that's OK. Let them do what they want. Sell your shirts to the cubs and they won't have a choice but to accept you." - John Cena, WWE Superstar & Survivalist

Last edited by a moderator:
I give the landing a solid 7.9, however, the dismount only gets a 3. Very poor form there.

Also, I love the Undertaker goes emo and cuts his hair because Trips won't give him his rematch. Good stuff.....

2cglfuh.jpg

Full video here for those who want it:

[quote name='xilly']Fun Fact: I still spit my gum out when I'm finished with it and slap it away after all these years, thanks to Curt Hennig's entrance.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, I do this too all b/c of how cool Henning made it. He was one of my favorites back in the day.

[quote name='xilly']Fun Fact: I still spit my gum out when I'm finished with it and slap it away after all these years, thanks to Curt Hennig's entrance.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahah nice

[quote name='JJSP']You dare boo Jesus? This must be a Philly show.[/QUOTE]
I booed God at Backlash 2006, which didn't go over too well with the Kentuckian crowd.

iMtjYvsE5tLkd.jpg

Not only did the camera show Eve too early and had her walking into the ambulance, but you can see someone with the script.

Also, a gif of Ryder:

lfWNo.gif

I find the wheelchair folding itself perfectly (Wrestlemania points at the thread title) incredibly hilarious.

We talked about as a rumor, but Dixie Carter has officially tweeted (fuck the fact that I had to use that word) that Russo is no longer with TNA.

[quote name='masked lemon']
401132_10150577115118355_110431863354_9335889_1409484817_n.jpg

Wrestlefest?[/QUOTE]

We can only hope.

Day one buy for me, they could charge 4000 points and I'd buy the fucking thing.

[quote name='ced']I find the wheelchair folding itself perfectly (Wrestlemania points at the thread title) incredibly hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Kinda begs for a "deal with it" pair of sunglasses, yes?

[quote name='007']We talked about as a rumor, but Dixie Carter has officially tweeted (fuck the fact that I had to use that word) that Russo is no longer with TNA.[/QUOTE]

With all the bullshit she put up with from him over the years, I can only wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back.

[quote name='masked lemon']
401132_10150577115118355_110431863354_9335889_1409484817_n.jpg

Wrestlefest?[/QUOTE]

Normally I wouldn't think that pic by itself is indicative of anything other than a "cartoony" game, but the little button mash pic gives me a smidgen of hope that this may indeed be Wrestlefest.

Now with my luck it'll actually be Wrestlefest but only come out on the fucking Iphone or something.

Now that Russo is gone, would Heyman still be interested in employment? Or will Bischoff and Hogan rise to the top?

Probably the latter. :cry:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Now with my luck it'll actually be Wrestlefest but only come out on the fucking Iphone or something.[/QUOTE]

That's my fear. iOS devices only. No Android or hand helds. :(

[quote name='Purple Flames']With all the bullshit she put up with from him over the years, I can only wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back.[/QUOTE]

You know what I think? He got pushed out for, in an astonishing irony, being right about something regarding the product: namely, that pushing Garrett Bischoff is a recipe for fucking disaster.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Normally I wouldn't think that pic by itself is indicative of anything other than a "cartoony" game, but the little button mash pic gives me a smidgen of hope that this may indeed be Wrestlefest.

Now with my luck it'll actually be Wrestlefest but only come out on the fucking Iphone or something.[/QUOTE]

It is Wrestelfest. I posted in the last wrestling thread that there was a leaked Youtube vid of the trailer but THQ quickly took it down and no one's reuploaded it so far. So far there were around 12 known current and legend superstars and it will be only the iOS platform at the moment. I'm guessing that trailer will debut on the 21st.

Last night was a well above average night for signs. Besides the aformentioned guy with the Thunder and Tony Schiavone signs, we had:

TWILIGHT SUCKS

HATE HATE HATE

SAY NO TO FIAT CURRENCY

MOSS-COVERED THREE-HANDLED FAMILY GREDUNZA

Also enjoyed the "WE ALL HATE YOU" chant rather than the old "Let's go Cena / Cena sucks" duel.

Good job, whatever city Raw was in.

Weird, I remember Owen Hart and Eddie Guerrero dying, but not this guy.

Remember a while back WWE trademarked "Wrestlefest" but all those tremendously reliable dirtsheets said it was just to stick it to some indie promotion or something that was using the name. FFS, Wrestlefest, XBLA, nao.

In other news, injured Randy Orton has been replaced in the Elimination Chamber by an even more injured Mark Henry.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Last night was a well above average night for signs. Besides the aformentioned guy with the Thunder and Tony Schiavone signs, we had:

TWILIGHT SUCKS

HATE HATE HATE

SAY NO TO FIAT CURRENCY

MOSS-COVERED THREE-HANDLED FAMILY GREDUNZA

Also enjoyed the "WE ALL HATE YOU" chant rather than the old "Let's go Cena / Cena sucks" duel.

Good job, whatever city Raw was in.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not, it was San Diego :)

[quote name='TheRock88']It is Wrestelfest. I posted in the last wrestling thread that there was a leaked Youtube vid of the trailer but THQ quickly took it down and no one's reuploaded it so far. So far there were around 12 known current and legend superstars and it will be only the iOS platform at the moment. I'm guessing that trailer will debut on the 21st.[/QUOTE]
That's the only thing that would stop me from buying the game, is that they're throwing current guys into it. I'd rather have the old game in all it's arcade glory unadulterated by the current WWE Universe™ crap.

Although how would they handle the inclusion of Hulk Hogan in it since he works for TNA currently, wouldn't that be a lawsuit waiting to happen?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Although how would they handle the inclusion of Hulk Hogan in it since he works for TNA currently, wouldn't that be a lawsuit waiting to happen?[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. I'm sure WWE has rights to use "Hulk" Hogan whenever they want as an agreement with letting Hogan take his name with him.

Orton's injury is reportedly from DB hitting him with the title on Raw. He has a concussion.

So.. Orton is injured again after coming back early from an injury. To replace him, they're bringing an injured guy back early, risking further injury to him.

:dunce:

[quote name='Scorch']Orton's injury is reportedly from DB hitting him with the title on Raw. He has a concussion.

So.. Orton is injured again after coming back early from an injury. To replace him, they're bringing an injured guy back early, risking further injury to him.

:dunce:[/QUOTE]

In WWE Land this makes complete logical sense. DUH!

Edge DVD listing...

- Courtesy of WWEDVDNews, below is the full content listing for "You Think You Know Me: The Story of Edge." WWE will release it on DVD and Blu-ray April 10th in North America.

DISC 1

It’s All Over

A Childhood Obsession

The Winning Essay

Paying to Wrestle

Worth the Struggles

Nothing Happens Overnight

The Silent Mysterious One

Best Friends United

A Variety Package

Spring Boarding into Singles

Teaming with his Idol

A Grounding Halt

A Lifestyle Change

A Fire Inside Explodes

Personal Drama Exposed

Shocking the World

An Even Bigger Chip on His Shoulder

Off and Running

Enjoying the Time Off

Seizing Each Moment

Uncle Adam

My Favourite Moment

Energized and Reinvigorated

The Master Manipulator

Something Didn’t Feel Right

A Champion Retires

Next Challenge

Appreciation Night

Days Gone By

Special Features

The Ninja Star

P.T.A.

Working in WCW

Credgeley

“Real Emotion”
Raw – 8th August, 2005

DISC 2

Adam Impact vs. Christian Cage
South Indian Lake 1995

4-Team Elimination Match for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz vs. T & A vs. Too Cool
King of the Ring 25th June, 2000

No Disqualification Match
Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero
SmackDown 26th September, 2002

Intercontinental Championship Match
Edge vs. Randy Orton
Raw 19th July, 2004

Loser Leaves Raw Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Edge vs. Matt Hardy
Raw 3rd October, 2005

Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match for the WWE Championship
Edge vs. John Cena
Unforgiven 17th September, 2006

DISC 3

Street Fight
Edge vs. Shawn Michaels
Raw 22nd January, 2007

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Undertaker
WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

Pick Your Poison Match
Edge vs. Christian
Raw 17th May, 2010

Fatal 4-Way TLC Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Edge vs. Kane vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio
TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs 19th December, 2010

World Heavyweight Championship Elimination Chamber Match
Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Big Show vs. Kane vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett
Elimination Chamber 20th February, 2011

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio
WrestleMania XXVII 3rd April, 2011

BLU-RAY EXTRAS

“One Foot in the Grave” Tour

Achilles’ Heel

Squared Circle Essay Contest 2011

Edge’s Dogs

WWE Championship Match
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy
Royal Rumble – 25th January, 2009

Edge Announces His Retirement
Raw – 11th April, 2011

Edge Appreciation Night
After the Show – 13th September, 2011

Seems pretty light on matches - but I'm guessing that a lot of them were on that last Edge compilation.

I love Santino, and will gladly watch him in the EC and root for him (fully expecting him to lose), but this smells like a swerve. Santino gets halfway down the ramp, another guy's music plays, they attack him, and take his spot in the match.

[quote name='advanced']
I love Santino, and will gladly watch him in the EC and root for him (fully expecting him to lose), but this smells like a swerve. Santino gets halfway down the ramp, another guy's music plays, they attack him, and take his spot in the match.
[/QUOTE]

I hope it's Cena.

[quote name='ced']I find the wheelchair folding itself perfectly (Wrestlemania points at the thread title) incredibly hilarious.[/QUOTE]
That was pretty funny, you'd think it was rigged to do that on purpose.

Looks like the funk is on a roll back to Florida.

WWE officials have reportedly decided to put Brodus Clay's "Funkasaurus" gimmick on hold for the time being, according to the Wrestling Globe Newsletter. Despite the positive reaction that the character received from live audience and Internet fans, WWE officials feel that Clay's wrestling wasn't where it needed to be for WWE TV.

Clay's match against Heath Slater was cut from SmackDown a few weeks back when the decision was made that Clay needed to improve on his in-ring skills.

WWE officials feel that Clay's wrestling wasn't where it needed to be for WWE TV.

In other words, he has too many moves. He needs to shave it down to 3-4 solid moves and then keep repeating those over and over.

[quote name='Purple Flames']With all the bullshit she put up with from him over the years, I can only wonder what was the straw that broke the camel's back.[/QUOTE]

not covering the lasagna at craft services?

[quote name='Clak']Well the fans love him, we can't have that going on...[/QUOTE]

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/b/brodus-clay.html

Scroll to the bottom, see how much time he spent in FCW already (in addition to working there half of last year because he wasn't being used on WWE tv).

So 4-5 years of FCW and they couldn't figure out that he wasn't ready for WWE tv, and after 3 weeks of WWE tv they think his wrestling is shite?

Someone's asleep at the wheel. Or full of shit. "Work on their wrestling" is the new "Creative has nothing for you."

Well, people don't really think they have an alternative.

To some degree they're right, if they want to watch wrestling as a weekly serial.

TNA is shit right now (though getting rid of Russo and formally hiring Lagana suggests some modicum of positive change), and ROH has no clearance in my area.

If I want to turn my brain off and watch wrestling for two hours every week, it has to be Raw.

Work on his wrestling? They dumbed his character down to a T-Bone Suplex, Splash in the corner, and a flying crossbody as a finisher.

Might as well give him Hornswoggle's moveset and dress him up as a giant fucking leprechaun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back