The Mystery Limo Wrestling Thread

I guess Angle put on all the weight he lost (and then some) for that movie role? Someone forgot to shave their head that morning, unless he's growing it out for a Festus look.

Liked Impact more than usual, even if it did make the TNA Title and its champion seem completely secondary to the Abyss/Hogan deal, or hell, even Kazarian and AJ's bitchfest. It had some really good, but short matches on it, with Desmond and Angle doing an abridged version of their usual stuff and a good handicap/tag match with Beer Money and Ink Inc. with the Guns and Taz just ruling on commentary. Tenay was back to his usual YELL THE OBVIOUS REALLY LOUDLY self tonight, and bugged the shit out of me. Taz referencing the Mongolian Stomper's name for the cobra clutch (Ishinomaki) ruled.

The Jarrett-Sting deal would have come across better if they'd had the ring dim enough to where Sting was barely visible. Instead, he's clearly there and if Jeff had just bothered to turn around ONCE, he would have seen him. Oh well. At least it didn't take 9 hours like the usual Sting brawls and led to Sting making some wacky faces and cackling. The Flair-Lethal feud progressed nicely, and the Kaz/AJ jealousy bit was humorous for a number of reasons. One, AJ's action figure came in a box big enough to ship a small vehicle, and two, he's back to being his wacky mid-card marry Karen Angle and take her to Gator World '07 heel self, which is quite the step back for him. Oh, and what kind of dumb fuck is Bischoff's character? He's shocked that a lunatic who shot his father in the back three times is irrational? And he doesn't make his hot secretary dress up in revealing attire.

Screens -

Poor Jay Lethal

Quotes -
Hogan - MAN YOU GUYS ARE FULL OF IT. BUT THAT TYPE OF ENGERY, I’VE FELT IT BEFORE. I’VE BEEN TO THE BIG SHOWS, AND WHEN TNA STARTS KICKING WITH SO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IT STARTS TO GET CRAZY. YOU CAN HEAR IT RIGHT OUT HERE BROTHERS! WITH SO MUCH BUSINESS AT HAND, LET ME START AT THE TOP. NUMBER 1, BECAUSE OF THE COUNT OUT IN LAST WEEK’S MAIN EVENT, I’VE DECIDED SINCE I CAN, TO MAKE IT A FOUR WAY AT VICTORY ROAD FOR THE TNA WORLD TITLE! One of the guys in the four way is gonna be Abyss, and we got some things we’re gonna have to work out. Another is gonna be JEFF HARDY. Ya know, and when you’re going for the world title, of course, you’ve gotta have RVD. And then we gotta have MISSTTEEERRRRR. Victory Road’s gonna put TNA ON THE MAP! (Abyss comes out)
IT S GOOD TO SEE YA BIG BROTHER. I WAS JUST GONNA TALK ABOUT MY BLOOD BROTHER ABYSS. I got one question for ya, the first person I went to in this company, the guy that I believed in more than anything in, the guy I handed my career over - WHY’D YOU TAKE THE SHARP LEFT TURN LAST WEEK?
Abyss - Hulk, I don’t’ think you or anyone else realizes the seriousness of what is going on. WHAT I DID LAST WEEK, AND WHAT I WILL CONTINUE TO DO. I AM DOING FOR ONE REASON. AND THAT’S BECAUSE THEY TOLD ME TO! THEY WERE THE ONES WHO TOLD ME TO BREAK JEFF HARDY IN TWO. THEY TOLD ME TO DESTROY ANYTHING THAT GETS IN MY PATH. HULK! THEY’RE COMING AND THEY’RE GONNA BE HERE SOONER THAN YOU THINK, AND WHEN THEY GET HERE, THERE IS NOTHING THAT YOU OR ERIC BISCHOFF, OR DIXIE CARTER, OR EVEN THE IMMORTAL HULK HOGAN ARE GONNA BE ABLE TO DO TO STOP IT.
Hogan - CUT THE CRAP, THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME. I TOLD YOU WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO TAKE TNA TO THE NEXT LEVEL. YOU GAVE ME YOUR WORD.
Abyss -THEY’VE TOLD ME I TOLD NEED YOU ANYMORE!
Hogan - WHO’S THEY?!
Abyss - THAT’S SOMETHING I KNOW AND THAT YOU AND EVERYONE IN THAT BACK IS GONNA FIND OUT. I DON’T NEED THSE STINKING RED COLORS AND YA KNOW WHAT…(takes off the ring)
Abyss - WHEN THEY GET HERE, THEY ARE TAKING TNA OVER! AND BY THE WAY, HULK, ONE LAST THING THEY TOLD ME…
Hogan - Just stop…
Abyss - THEY SAID I DON’T NEED THIS GARBAGE RING OF YOUR ANYMORE!
Tenay - WHO IS THIS THEY HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT?!
(to Hogan)Bischoff - I really didn’t think that he was the kind of guy who would turn on us with no explanation!
Madison - THIS ISN’T ABOUT WRESTLING!
Taz - Angelina beats up Velvet…
Tenay - AND WE STILL CAN’T FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT ABYSS!
Taz - Ref’s not getting the chair out of the ring. Not sure why he isn’t doing that.
Morgan - I hate to say it, BUT I TOLD YA SO. I TOLD YA SO. I TOLD ALL OF YA SO! I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU, I TOLD YOU! WELL, YOU WEREN’T HERE, AND YA WERE, I WOULDA TOLD YOU TOO! I don’t sweat Hernandez!
Taz - He’s in Mexico right now!
Morgan - I’m calling him down here now and put the burrito down! FACE ME ONE ON ONE!
Taz - He’s 5, 6, or 3 thousand miles away!
(after he hit’s the ringpost pump kick on Homicide)Morgan - HERNANDEZ, THIS IS GONNA LOOK LIKE A WET DREAM COMPARED TO WHAT I DO TO YOU SON!
(after he attacks Lethal)Kaz - THAT’S FOR RIC, YOU STUPID BASTARD!
Taz - That’s for Ric, you stupid beep, bad word.
Taz - I think they’re attacking Jay Lethal’s brother!
Tenay - I HEARD HIM SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HIS BROTHER!
Flair - HEY JAY LETHAL, IT’S THE NATURE BOY! LOOK AT THIS, IT’S YOUR BROTHER HUH! THIS IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN TO YOU. VICTORY ROAD, YOU WANT A SHOT AT ME? IT’S GONNA BE THE SADDEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!
(after the lights are on enough for fans to see that there are two Stings)Tenay - TURN THE LIGHTS ON SO JEFF CAN SEE THAT IT ISNT’ THE REAL STING!
Jarrett - If you wanna walk with them, YOU’RE GONNA GO DOWN WITH THEM!
Tenay - On a night when Jeff Jarrett was looking for ULTIMATE REVENGE, he is laid out by Sting!
Tenay - HOW ‘BOUT THAT - 10-10-10 FOR BOUND FOR GLORY!?
Tenay - Taz, can you tell me WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AROUND HERE?!
Taz - What’s in the water around here?
Taz - Chelsea has a look of disgust on her face. Well, not there, but she did before!
Douglas - Brian Kendrick, you thought you were pretty smart attacking me. You probably did it to impress your third eye, or some such nonsense. I operate under a code of conduct that one never violates their professionalism! I not only need to re-educate the X division on the art of wrestling, but also on the art of professionalism!
Kendrick - Douglas, at Victory Road, you will defend the X Division title against me. For you, it will be an Ultimate X match, and for me, submissions will also be accepted.
Douglas - You trying to get me to accept your nonsensical claptrap makes you no less likely to get beaten by me in an unprofessional manner!
Taz - It’s a cobra clutch, or an Ishinomaki!
(to Bubba)Devon - I PROMISE YOU ON OUR FATHER’S GRAVE, DO NOT TEST ME!
Tenay - The finals of the TNA Tag Team Championship Series are in a handicap match!
Shelley - I think all the studs on Shannon’s pants are illegal. Someone’s gonna get cut open.
Taz - Doesn’t one of ya wrestle with a spike?
Shelley - That’s me. But I don’t wear it in the ring - that would be illegal.
Taz - Tommy Dreamer?
Tenay - AGAIN!?
Shelley - LOOK AT THE FORMER SEAMAN GOING TO HIS CORNER!
Sabin - He used to be in the Navy as well.
Sabin - Beer Money got their name from the 2001 movie of the same name that starred Zack Morris.
Taz - I’ll just file that in my “don’t’ give a…”folder.
Sabin - If anyone cares, IMDB it.
Shelley - YOWZA!
Taz - You say yowza?
Shelley - YOWZA!
Shelley - We’re the greatest tag team in the galaxy!
Sabin - We’ll knock the tribal tattoos off him.
Shelley - They’ll be big again - what’s old is new again.
AJ - IS THIS MY PACKAGE?!
Kaz - Nah, it’s too big.
Kaz - GO TAKE YOUR LITTLE AJ AND PLAY WITH YOURSELF!
AJ - MAYBE I WILL!
Taz - Last week, Abyss went BEE-ZERK!
Tenay - AND WHO THE HELL IS THIS THEY HE KEEPS TALKING ABOUT!?
Tenay - ANDERSON’S NOT WAITING FO THE MIC DROP, AND YOU CAN’T BLAME HIM!

I don't wanna spoil SD, but umm...they allowed someone to no show the event and that made me scratch my head very hard

[quote name='strongpimphand']I don't wanna spoil SD, but umm...they allowed someone to no show the event and that made me scratch my head very hard[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Mysterio, he's in Hawaii with his family. Apparently his contract gives him one weekend off a month from events and was completely written out of the show this week.

They did the same thing with Miz a few weeks ago after he regained the US title. He was off "celebrating in LA/at a lipo consult."

It looks like we have
two MITB mathes for the pay per view. Teddy announced on Smackdown that 8 Superstars from Smackdown will compete for a MITB case that only gets you a SD title shot

[quote name='lmz00']
They did the same thing with Miz a few weeks ago after he regained the US title. He was off "celebrating in LA/at a lipo consult."
[/QUOTE]

He was at E3 to talk about SvR11 that day, so the excuse wasn't too far off.

In the "what the fuck???" wrestling headlines....

-Lisa Varon (Tara) had a $3,000 set of custom wheels stolen from her car that was parked outside of her home recently. The thief then brought the wheels to a custom car dealership to ask how to put them on his own car. That dealership just happened to be Black Widow Customs, which Tara owns. The employees at her shop recognized the wheels and called police. The thief was arrested.

.....lawd....that's like when people steal cell phones, not pop out the sim card, use them themselves, and then try to sell them at the local pawn shop not realizing that not only was the person being tracked the whole time but it was obvious that the local shop would know and be waiting on 'em

...But, I wonder....was Tara sitting on grown men, kobes, and maybe even chris johnsons...

[quote name='masked lemon']What is that tattooed on Hogan's arm? says something I am...[/QUOTE]
I believe it says "I am American made".

[quote name='neocisco']"Always hatin"? Lighten up, you two, it was just a joke.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I would never use the term "hatin'" in a serious manner. I wasn't offended; just joking right back.

There's got to be somewhere I can see the full videos somewhere without paying, right?

Highspots wants $10 for a day. fuck all that.

Not sure if this will work, I'm copying it from another site:

There's no telling how long this footage will be up before WWE pulls it, so watch while you can. If the clip no longer plays, then you'll know WWE pulled it.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Additional footage of the Raw vs. NXT brawl that took place after Monday's television show went off the air

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

He did the shit from the Ferris Bueller movie. What a fucking dork.

Please don't give Fatt Hardy a belt, he fucking sucks, he sucking fucks, he licks balls, he likes it, and I just don't like him.

yeah those are the only two videos i found... believe me i searched last night for the rest of the videos... i don't even know WHO did the video... i'd love to see more. raven and sandman and new jack are always entertaining.

After weeks of nothing-happening shows, this one actually felt kinda significant. Well, not enough for THE WORLD CHAMPION to show up, but still, more important than usual. Swagger taking out Show's leg ruled. It's a shame they didn't try to get him over as a killer WHEN HE WAS CHAMPION, and while I love them giving him a killer move, using the ankle lock just makes him seem like an even lower-rent Kurt Angle. Matt-Drew was pretty good - one of Drew's best matches yet. I loved the super Michinoku driver, and Matt wearing a tanktop is a big improvement for his look. I dug the six-man tag, it was a fast-paced mid-card match that let everyone shine. "DASHING" Cody Rhodes was just epic. The Hooded Stranger's new gear looks good, although Grisham saying "the masked SES member" when PUNK WAS RIGHT THERE sure did sound funny. Punk and Kane fighting into the merch area and then Punk leaving the building helped made this seem like a more important show.

Screens -

DASHING!

Most scared man ever.

Why is there a truck grill on the wall?

I'll take three number 4s. OH YEAHHHH!

Probably should've changed this from the taping day to the airdate.

Quotes -
Long - In four weeks, Rey Mysterio will be defending his title in a BRAND NEW PPV CONCEPT, MONEY IN THE BANK!
Drew - Teddy, last week, I HUMBLED YOU!
Swagger - I want everyone to know that I have filed a protest against the WWE! I’m protesting the fact that I have to fight a five hundred pound giant, and most importantly, that I had to defend my title in a fatal four way - IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO COME OUT VICTORIOUS. IT’S NOT FAIR. THERE WERE NO RULES IN PLACE TO PROTECT ME OR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! I WAS CHEATED OUT OF THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! I INVOKE MY REMATCH CLAUSE AT THE MITB PPV, and I’m confident that I’m gonna come out victorious because if there’s one thing my daddy taught me it’s that cheaters never win and winners never cheat. UNTIL THEN, I AM GONNA MAKE EVERYONE SUFFER THE WAY I SUFFERED ON SUNDAY AND HOW MY DAD SUFFERED ON FATHER‘S DAY! Now, I’m gonna make you suffer!
Striker - IT SEEMS LIKE SWAGGER COULD HAVE A RUPTURED MUSCLE IN THE BACK OF HIS ARM!
Striker - THAT’S A FRONT CHANCRE!
Grisham - ANKLE LOCK SUBMISSION! SWAGGER’S GOING BACK TO HIS AMATEUR DAYS!
(after Swagge refuses to release the ankle lock)Striker - SWAGGER SENDS A MESSAGE TO THE SMACKDOWN UNIVERSE!
Kane - Tonight, I WILL DECAPITATE THE HEAD OF THE STRAIGHT EDGE SOCIETY!
Sign - I donated CM Punk’s hair to locks of love!
Striker - AFTER NEARLY A MONTH OF BEING SUSPENDED AND EVEN FIRED, MATT HARDY IS BACK!
(from Drew)Striker - MICHINOKU DRIVER FROM THE TOP ROPE!
Teddy - Drew, someone’s visa has expired.
Drew - I’M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!
Cody - I see what you’re doing - you’re trying to get a look at my naturally-sculted facial features. Everything from these eyebrows to the jaw line. Natural. You can look at me - UNCOVER YOUR EYES. LOOK AT WWE’S MOST ATTRACTIVE SUPERSTAR! All of you know what WWE’s divas know when they voted in a WWE.com poll - which superstar is the most handsome? GIVE ME A DRUM ROLL! Cena’s up there… GIVE ME THE RESULTS. THEY VOTED ME MOST HANDSOME! HA! Cena’s up there and he’s a movie star, BUT HE’S NOT THE MOST HANDSOME GUY IN WWE. Let’s look at my rookie, Husky Harris. Take that vest off. Unfortunately, Husky is… he represents the… average male. With your horrible tattoos. And your really dirty hair. Husky, thank you for your time and sorry. I’m sorry to all of you - I can’t help it that I was born this good-looking. It’s not genetics - have you see my father and brother? COME ON. Sometimes, a blessing can be a curse. You sir, do you know how difficult it is to maintain this delicately, baby-smooth skin? I can see the popcorn grease seeping out of your pores. And I can hear you getting fatter. Todd, do you know how many countless hours I spend in the gym while you’re reading Superman comics and checking out Rotten Tomatoes? A LOT OF TIME. Relax. And Tony Chimel, SD’s veteran ring announcer! Tony, I haven’t had a carb since Clinton was president - and I’m almost too young to remember him as president. You haven’t had a donut since…THE FIRST MATCH?! Tony! To the WWE Divas, I say THANK YOU! You ladies have exquisite taste! I can’t help that I’ve got a God-given ability to excel in this ring. It’s not fair, I know. Handsome, suave, sexy - these words don’t cover it. Teddy and Vickie, you need to consider the man with the money face, for money in the bank. And from here on out, I’m to be known for exactly who I am - you will call me “Dashing” Cody Rhodes.
DA-SHING! Cody Rhodes. DASHING! Cody Rhodes. DASHING! DAAAAAASSSHHIING CODY RHODES! DASHING, Cody Rhodes. Dashing… Cody Rhodes… DDDAASHING CODY RHODES!
Grisham - The WWE Universe would like to be bashing Cody Rhodes. Dashing? Really?
Grisham - ROSA! JUMP! Jumping rope is a great physical activity.
Striker - It’s also great for my eyes.
Punk - I only have one thing to say. THIS IS THE FACE OF AN INNOCENT MAN!
Grisham - Kane believes that the man who violated the Undertaker is CM Punk!
(as MASKED PUNK helps)Grisham - Punk, Gallows, and the Masked Member of the Straight Edge Society are attacking Kane!
Grisham - The SES has flipped the script on Kane!
(after Kane slams Punk’s hand into the announce table)Striker - PERHAPS THE HAND THAT DEALT THE FATAL BLOW TO THE UNDERTAKER IS WHAT KANE IS GOING AFTER!
Striker - ANGER, SADNESS, FEAR AND PAIN ARE THE EMOTIONS INSIDE OF KANE!

Got my Volume 7 set today. They DON'T come in individual cases, which I don't mind as the giant box they're in saves a bunch of space. The event covers are on the front and back, and unlike the Sells Out series, match listings are included on the back alongside another shot of the event covers. Pretty slim casing given that 9 discs are included, however, I had to put all the double-disc holders back in after opening the package since they got all out of whack. Here are some shots of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dkreegz515']yeah those are the only two videos i found... believe me i searched last night for the rest of the videos... i don't even know WHO did the video... i'd love to see more. raven and sandman and new jack are always entertaining.[/QUOTE]

My edit had more info

[quote name='Sporadic']-edit Both Netflix and Blockbuster Online have it in stock. DVD is called Last Call with Raven and Sandman[/QUOTE]

Or $13.49 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Call-Raven-Sandman/dp/B001BJ0UK4

[quote name='dkreegz515']i could stare at this woman all day long.[/QUOTE]

Indeed...

Anyway, I totally want that Last Call interview. The Good Times argument was awesome.

Chikara was pretty fun tonight. I haven't attended an indy show since before WM23 when ROH was in Detroit, so it has been a while. Chuck Taylor was awesome to see as expected. Delirious came out and I didn't even recognize him until he was intro'd, I had no idea he had his gimmick overhauled. Super Smash Bros. came out to the Mortal Kombat techno theme, which was excellent.

Danielson was the highlight obviously. Funny stuff as they played that goddamn NXT theme first for his intro before playing Final Countdown. When he got in the ring, everyone threw neckties in like they were streamers. Good match with Eddie Kingston. Both guys gave speeches afterword, Eddie about how he was lucky to be able to wrestle Danielson, Danielson thanked everybody, talked about how Chikara is PG wrestling done right, how this was the best possible way for him to come back to the indy scene, how he can't talk about why he was fired yet, etc. Stuff you'd expect. Very gracious.

Talked with him briefly afterword...take this for what it's worth, but I asked when/if he he'd be able to talk about it...he said he's not sure but he may have a blog up about what happened as early as Monday.

Gotta go through my pics and stuff...if anything decent came out I'll post it here. I recorded Danielson's intro but I had to try to be "secret" about it since you're not supposed to film. If it's watchable I'll put it up.

Edit - video. If it gets yanked I'll put it up somewhere else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdApDyyQuEk

Going to an Empire Wrestling Federation show tonight featuring Mascara Sagrada and Blue Demon, Jr., along with NWA World Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce, X-Pac, and Paul Bearer. Should be fun!

[quote name='Matt Young']Going to an Empire Wrestling Federation show tonight featuring Mascara Sagrada and Blue Demon, Jr., along with NWA World Champion "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce, X-Pac, and Paul Bearer. Should be fun![/QUOTE]

Doesn't X-Pac have AIDS or something now?

That's why I was surprised by him being booked, but he's still being advertised as of today. The fact that weed's practically legal here probably enticed him to work.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's why I was surprised by him being booked, but he's still being advertised as of today. The fact that weed's practically legal here probably enticed him to work.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was only transmittable through blood to blood contact? As long as he doesn't blade or get busted open, it shouldn't be a big deal as long as the other wrestler knows about it.

That Danielson video is awesome. Thanks for posting it!

Just finished up the AWA DVD, which was very well done. It's fairly obvious that they skimmed over the really bad parts, like Gagne's financial issues, but was overall pretty good. Not R&F of ECW good, but worlds above R&F of WCW.

Plus, for someone like me (SPOILER: TERRIBLE PERSONAL ADMISSION AHEAD) who knew about the AWA, but never really delved into the history, I was amazed at just how many people really did come out of there. The Hogan thing alone was fairly amazing, and it really underlined just how badly Gagne screwed up at times.

Bottom line... if you come across it for $10 or less, it's worth picking up.

I have the AWA DVD as well although I've never gotten around to watching it. I knew a fair amount about the AWA even though I never watched much of it. I remember being surprised when I found it on ESPN one day from the Showboat Casino in Las Vegas. Nick Bockwinkel, Curt Hennig, Scott Hall, Col. DeBeers, the Midnight Rockers, and, of course, the incomparable Playboy Buddy Rose. I also remember when DDP first got his start managing Bad Company and how corny I thought he was.

[quote name='lombarvm']Just a heads up, Wal Mart has The Rock 3 disc dvd set for $10. A great deal at $10.[/QUOTE]This man speaks the truth. I bought The Rock: The Most Electrifying Man In Sports Entertainment, Hulk Hogan: The Ultimate Anthology, and The New and Improved DX 3-disc sets for $10 a piece at Wal*Mart earlier this week.:cool:

Man... That EWF/NWA show was incredible. Amazing EWF Cruiserweight title 4 way... the RockNES Monsters bringing a Power Pad to the ring... X-Pac (advertised) having Scorpio Sky and Joey motherfuckin' Ryan as his tag partners, crotch chopping away like it was 1999... TRIPLE BRONCO BUSTER... Scorpio doing the Scott Hall shuffle... Paul Bearer mugging for the cameras at every opportunity... legendary luchadores, and more all for $10. Probably the best non-ROH indy show I've been to.

Damn this thread moves fast... btw thank you to Jay for the podcast interviews. The radio in my car is not currently working... so the wrestling interviews are appreciated. :]

bread's done
Back