The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

So I logged into Twitter today to see if anything interesting had happened  on the RLS site and I guess I was hacked? Someone had grown my following from a meager 50 to 1400. And yes, most of them were jihad. Ugh. Luckily I found a script to unfollow en mass and stopped it before it got to the RLS account.

So I logged into Twitter today to see if anything interesting had happened on the RLS site and I guess I was hacked? Someone had grown my following from a meager 50 to 1400. And yes, most of them were jihad. Ugh. Luckily I found a script to unfollow en mass and stopped it before it got to the RLS account.
That's nuts. That happened to my friend. Glad you were able to clear that up.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

With Sony hawking Move controllers for $50 a pop now for PSVR I really wish I ordered a second one many years ago when I got one for PS Move. Also, this year's PS4 and Vita first-party offerings on the RLS catalog have been disappointing. Honestly can't remember the last time I ordered something from the catalog.

With Sony hawking Move controllers for $50 a pop now for PSVR I really wish I ordered a second one many years ago when I got one for PS Move. Also, this year's PS4 and Vita first-party offerings on the RLS catalog have been disappointing. Honestly can't remember the last time I ordered something from the catalog.

Aside from Uncharted 4 and MLB 16 what other first-party offerings has the PS4/Vita had at all this year that wasn't a remake? What game were you hoping to get?

Anyone get a UPS My Choice or FedEx notification from any of the system orders last week? I haven't just checking to see if anyone else did.

Anyone get a UPS My Choice or FedEx notification from any of the system orders last week? I haven't just checking to see if anyone else did.
Nope, but I've had a few orders from them where it says "Processed" and still shipped out to me with no prior shipping notification so I'm not too worried.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone received the PS3, let us know. So i'll know when to expect it. It's most likely a slim instead of super slim. Hoping for a super.

If anyone received the PS3, let us know. So i'll know when to expect it. It's most likely a slim instead of super slim. Hoping for a super.
My current PS3 is a super slim.
it's decently loud (not noticeable with TV on though) But it is a HUUUUUUUUGE dust magnet.
Love the 90s ridges but they just hold on to so much dust.

Haha totally! Slim definitely favorite model for PS3 (the matte black and design were great!)
My favorite console which I missed out on was the Full Backwards Compatible system. I think it was the original 60Gb model. I bought the MGS bundle that supported software emulation instead of hardware emulation. That console died about two years ago. I have a Slim backup that I don't use, but it's nice if I ever want to go back and play Demon's Souls or something.

Aside from Uncharted 4 and MLB 16 what other first-party offerings has the PS4/Vita had at all this year that wasn't a remake? What game were you hoping to get?
Twofold: more games that still haven't been put on the RLS catalog like Tearaway: Unfolded and Fat Princess Adventures, and restocks of older games like Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 that were only available for a few days at most. There's still PS3 games in the catalog, makes it odd that they don't have anything recent for new members of the RLS. Back when I first joined years ago there were a bunch of recent PS3 games and accessories that I spent my points on. These days if I had just joined I'm not really sure what I'd bother with.

Twofold: more games that still haven't been put on the RLS catalog like Tearaway: Unfolded and Fat Princess Adventures, and restocks of older games like Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted 4 that were only available for a few days at most. There's still PS3 games in the catalog, makes it odd that they don't have anything recent for new members of the RLS. Back when I first joined years ago there were a bunch of recent PS3 games and accessories that I spent my points on. These days if I had just joined I'm not really sure what I'd bother with.
I agree there should be more stock of first party games. Uncharted was up for a limited amount of time. As far as Tearaway, I'm glad I bought that from GS for twenty bucks. I haven't played it yet, but I feel good knowing that I can save the points for something else. I think the one thing to do is to be alert for the site at any given time. I have a Microsoft Band that alerts me of texts regarding updates, and I have a few friends on Twitter that notify me as well. My GF nows what I mean when I say update mode, lol. If I have the points, and a game is available, I'm going to spend the points.

I'm VERY curious how much the PS VR will be on this site.  Mostly about how many points it will be.  I've already pre-ordered a PS4 Pro (I know I will never be fast enough to get it on this site) so now just would like to save some moolah on the VR setup.

I'm VERY curious how much the PS VR will be on this site. Mostly about how many points it will be. I've already pre-ordered a PS4 Pro (I know I will never be fast enough to get it on this site) so now just would like to save some moolah on the VR setup.
Just guessing here. I could see them doing a contest for one or possibly having one on the auction block. They mentioned they were working on that in the background via Twitter. As far as price, I could see them offering one for $250-$300 with 20-30K in points. I remember the first time I say a Vita available on the site, it was during one the auctions. I think it sold for almost 75K which to me seems like a huge waste. That probably went to someone who never uses those points, but anyone can use those points for multiple games/accessories. I highly doubt they would do the bundle since most of have those accessories from previous Move Bundles etc.

So yeah good luck if they do decide to have one on the site. We probably won't see one for a while because I believe most places are sold out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm VERY curious how much the PS VR will be on this site. Mostly about how many points it will be. I've already pre-ordered a PS4 Pro (I know I will never be fast enough to get it on this site) so now just would like to save some moolah on the VR setup.
Same. I thought I could afford a ps vr but I was wrong. At least I have a Vive so I'm good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I Have a feeling if I get any VR device either I'm going to get robbed, die in a fire and not even know it or just a bunch of dicks on my shoulder without me knowing.

I got excited for the move train once. Imma let the VR train just roll on by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel the same way. It's a cool device, but I can't see myself spending $400 on it. I could get a brand new system for that. A few years ago, my GF and I used the Move and Kinect all of the time. Now that I'm limited on space, we just store all of those accessories away. I might pick one up down the line to test it out, but it'll have to heavily discounted.

Yup $400 is an expensive gimmick. Find me a virtuaboy and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So glad I missed out on that as a kid. I hardly remember seeing ads for it or anything. From here on it, it'll be hard for me to buy a system since my cheapest system was $2, lol. Beats the 3DS XL I got for $30 from K-mart. Can't wait to tell my kids these stories one day.

Whoa whoa whoa. I won't stand by as people call vr a gimmick. Holy crap my vive is an amazing piece if tech and I do belive it has its place in the future. It's got way too much steam to be the next Kinect or virtual boy.

But Kinect (on the 360) was a success if we're talking sales wise. Virtual Boy, yeah...

Whoa whoa whoa. I won't stand by as people call vr a gimmick. Holy crap my vive is an amazing piece if tech and I do belive it has its place in the future. It's got way too much steam to be the next Kinect or virtual boy.

VR is a gimmick, ALL new ideas are gimmicks. Then they are considered innovative and eventually the norm.

Calling VR a gimmick isn't a bad thing. Motion Control, 3D, Analog sticks and Rumble were all gimmicks at some point.

VR is a gimmick, ALL new ideas are gimmicks. Then they are considered innovative and eventually the norm.

Calling VR a gimmick isn't a bad thing. Motion Control, 3D, Analog sticks and Rumble were all gimmicks at some point.
Kolma is a gimmick..

bread's done
Back