The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp00ge

CAGiversary!
Feedback
149 (100%)
***All activity here has been moved to the social group: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/group.php?groupid=451

It's open to anyone, as long as you are a CAG that is signed in. Hopefully this will cut down on the lurker issue.***

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
  • PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

[quote name='CheapyD']
Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.
[/quote]

[quote name='moukamla']

$5 off $50: Comes with almost every purchase from Play-Asia, together with the goods in the form of a piece of paper.

$8 off $50: Emailed to you from Play-Asia during festive seasons (e.g. this holiday season)

$12 off $100: Same as $8 off $50 coupon

$10 off $100: Given away as a promotion by StrikeBang.com. But the promotion has ended.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='boagman']So, um, I have a question: how does one go about getting these $10 off $50 coupons from P/A? Every time I've ordered from them, all I've gotten is a $5 off $50 coupon.

Anyone know?

Oh, and just so folks know, Chaztin originally (even in this post) was trying to get people to use his P/A affiliate link, instead of Cheapy D's. Sp00ge altered the post to eliminate the link, and that's why the guy was banned. He knew about the rules, was warned, and *still* chose to poke the hibernating bear. He doesn't have legitimate reason to complain about the action taken.

Oh, and Sp00ge? I want to personally thank you for knowing how to spell *and* use "you're". I need my faith renewed in internet users every once in a while.[/quote]

Yeah, as I said in the OP, this policy is now zero tolerance. Chaztin requested people use his link, that was listed in his last post, and is now banned because of it.

The same will go for any of the others that are PM poaching people requesting codes, if they are caught.

And thanks. I'm usually a bit of a grammar/spelling snob, unless I'm tired. I always find myself looking for mistakes anytime I read. I swear it's not OCD! ;)

[quote name='justcruisin1023']$5 of $50
GJ-WFW-EAJ
Expires March 28[/quote]
Relatively long CAG'er, first time poster! Sorry to be a jerk in making my first contribution to the community a post about using someone else's coupon. I'll make up for it, eventually! And by the way, thanks!

Just used OscarGrouch's FM-PNR-UPL - it pays to search back a few pages for unused / skipped coupon codes, thanks!

And good deal too on laying down the banhammer... CAG affiliate links FTW! (keeps CAG nice and free for the rest of us!)

I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye!

[quote name='iGen']I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye![/QUOTE]

Dunno. Maybe because this forum has saved the majority of us countless dollars. The least we could do is through CheapyD a little affiliate love to help keep the servers running as good as they do.

Be thankful the you can access the forum for free.

He doesn't even as for donations.

...I'll never get people like you.

[quote name='iGen']I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye![/quote]

Then why bother posting in this thread then?

[quote name='iGen']I have two codes that I have no use for, but since we can't use our own affiliate links for our own codes, why should I bother to contribute. 'Bye![/QUOTE]

Maybe you could leave and never come back. Dang, you guys are cluttering up the new thread already. And we are cluttering it up by hating you!

I'm probably one of the cheapest people ever. My first two blurays were because of the B1G1 at Target. I found that deal here, and it saved me $30.

I also found my Kmart 10% off coupon that works at B&M here which saved me $40 off my PS3.

I was able to get Final Fantasy 12 for $24.99 when it was $49.99 brand new back in 06.

Even as a person that doesn't buy games very often, a casual gamer, I managed to save nearly $100 in only 3 purchases. That's all thanks to CheapyD.

I plan on buying a DS3 from P/A. Rather than using someone's affiliate link or someone else's codes, I'll go with CAG's affiliate link and throw CheapyD some slack he deserves. He's a cool guy, I saw his video about the towel trick with 360. Such an easy going guy for being a site admin. Most times, site admins are major tools.

CheapyD provides one of the greatest services to the gaming community, at no cost to developers (although Best Buy probably hates him), and I salute him! However, this has gotten a bit off-topic. :/

Lol, wow. CAG asshole of the month. :applause:

And since I never shop at Play-Asia anyway:

$5 off $50, good until May 18th
SP-MXD-BGO

I've got two $5 off $50 coupon codes for my fellow CAG brothers and sisters below :D Just make sure to PM me when you use a code so that I can mark it as used (one code per person, please).

Enjoy, and thanks again to CheapyD, his crew, and every one of you who posted a deal or even confirmed a deal in person at a B&M. :)

MO-PSD-TVN (Expires March 30, 2008) USED!

FJ-SWZ-OIM (Expires May 3, 2008)
USED!

[quote name='the3rdkey']way to steal my thread jackass. i was only running it for liek 2 yearz.[/quote]

Excuse me? There were two threads, one in Deals, one in Deal Requests. Your thread was being overrun by affiliate link trading for coupons that went unreported for months on end. It wasn't until I stumbled upon it and looked back just how far it went.

If it was your thread, you should have taken action and reported the activity that violated the rules of CAG.

[quote name='sp00ge']Excuse me? There were two threads, one in Deals, one in Deal Requests. Your thread was being overrun by affiliate link trading for coupons that went unreported for months on end. It wasn't until I stumbled upon it and looked back just how far it went.

If it was your thread, you should have taken action and reported the activity that violated the rules of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Fine have it but it will never reach the five cheapyd heads that mine was rated!

[quote name='basston3s']Free one time use $5 off coupon!

EO-HIN-JHI

send some love via pm when used![/QUOTE]

Just used this code. Thank you!

ayo this is JEKKI~!!

and jekki got dat SHYT for yallz~!!

dat sheeeeeeeyit~~

TI-VWW-KYZ
$5 off $50
expires April 13, 2008

[quote name='poopy_male']XO-EPT-BII

$5 Off on next $50 order

Expires May 1, 2008[/QUOTE]

Used, thanks

And since no one used this from the front page, I'm moving it to here.

LU-XIG-OCB - $5 Off $50 expires March 29th

Dont forget to post when used.

Question: Does using the CAG affiliated link help you even if I don't use a coupon code here? I mean if I click the link on the OP and buy $20 worth of stuff, not enough for a coupon per se but does it do anything at all since I didn't use your code? I have in the past used those $5 off coupon codes that can be reused several times from another board on CAG, but never posted mine since it was the same exact code I used for the exact same discount, I think that was like early last year or the other year.

[quote name='darkclawsofchaos']Question: Does using the CAG affiliated link help you even if I don't use a coupon code here? I mean if I click the link on the OP and buy $20 worth of stuff, not enough for a coupon per se but does it do anything at all since I didn't use your code?[/quote]
Yes! The codes are not related to the affiliate program at all. Thanks for your support.

[quote name='metaly']$5 off $50, expires May 4:

HD-YYM-VUL

Please post when used.[/quote]

Thanks! Will post my code when I get it.

A few users were dismayed that we do not allow the posting of personal (or other website's) affiliate links. I wrote up the following explanation.
[quote name='CheapyD']
Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.
[/quote]

Also, to keep this on topic:
NW-YFP-TAI
$5 off $50 - Exp. May 18th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back