The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

That was the only one I saw yesterday though. The Giants offense didn't even play as well as they could have - the final score was closer than it should have been. Manning only had 17 yards in the second half. Good game but I expect the Giants to win them most of the time. It's when we play the "bad" teams that I get really nervous - the Redskins next week scare the shit out of me.

Oh well, at least they can beat anyone in the league which makes the season so much more fun to watch. I'm sure John Clayton will have them ranked 14th in the league again this week though. Asshole.

[quote name='DT778']Frank Gore had no carries in the last 36ish minutes of the game. What the fuck Harbaugh?[/QUOTE]

I was more pissed about his use of Kaepernick.. What are they trying to be now, the Jets? It's ridiculous. That shit is cool when you are blowing out the Bills, not when you are down 17 to the Giants.

This shit should get Norv fired. You dont play shitty prevent D passive defense just cause you have a big lead. Prevent defense prevents winning.

Time to listen to everyone dick suck Manning for a week straight when he didn't even do anything special except laugh at Rivers dressing up as Tony Romo for a early Halloween costume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Chargers....

1295490659393.jpg

[quote name='renique46']This shit should get Norv fired. You dont play shitty prevent D passive defense just cause you have a big lead. Prevent defense prevents winnings

Time to listen to everyone dick suck Manning for a week straight when he didn't even do anything special.[/QUOTE]

Dean Spanos is going to give him another contract extension after tonight. I mean seriously, this is the part of the year chargers go on a 4 game loosing streak, bounce back to end the season at .500 and miss the playoffs by one game. DE'JA fuckEN VU.

I..I...cannot.

[quote name='renique46']This shit should get Norv fired. You dont play shitty prevent D passive defense just cause you have a big lead. Prevent defense prevents winning.

Time to listen to everyone dick suck Manning for a week straight when he didn't even do anything special except laugh at Rivers dressing up as Tony Romo for a early Halloween costume.[/QUOTE]

C'mon the throw to Stokley was special

[quote name='usickenme']C'mon the throw to Stokley was special[/QUOTE]

Don't pay any attention to him, he frequently trolls the sports threads thinking he knows "things".

This is the type of game that causes teams not to win a game the rest of the season.

Thankfully, Norv Turner can make that happen.

[quote name='DestroVega']How is Ryan Mathews not on the feild ONCE in the last 5 minutes!?! Norv should be fired tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Norv: "Air that shit out"

That same question needs to be asked for a lot of teams that somehow start going away from running the ball with their premier running backs, then wonder why the game ends up close, tied or they lose. I mean you have RBs as good as Gore,Rice,Mccoy and their respective teams don't seem to go to them enough when they need to wtf.

[quote name='usickenme']C'mon the throw to Stokley was special[/QUOTE]

You mean a throw that Rogers,Brady,Eli, Big Ben, even Favre have all made? Ok Gruden.

Browns LG Jason Pinkston has been placed on IR with a bloodclot in his lung, which I'm hoping he makes a full recovery from it so he can get back on the field. They've signed Jarrod Shaw off of their practice squad and then signed Bryant Browning to the practice squad. John Greco did a good job as his replacement this week, so I don't see the line collapsing without him.

The Colts/Browns game was a good game for them, as they did a good job stopping Luck in the second half to give them a chance to win. The running game is the weakness right now if they keep starting Trent Richardson at less than 100%, as they stopped focusing on running the ball when Trent went out in the second quarter and rarely went back after that with Hardesty. Start Hardesty in the next game, let Trent come in here and there, and get some consistency back in that part of the game so they don't have to pass so much.

Well Carolina GM Marty Hurney has been fired and Rom Rivera may not be far behind.

Chargers are in...*sigh* a potential sticky situation as the NFL looks into allegations of them using some sticky substance on their gloves.

Oh man... 12-15 years of RG3 twice a year... ugh. That was a good win yesterday - the Redskins played pretty good and the Giants played like shit and still pulled it out. Next week is huge. Beat the Cowboys and things are looking really good at the midway point.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Man, the bears offense is terrible this year. I don't understand how it has taken a step back from last year.[/QUOTE]
They sacrificed offense to the gods for an amazing defense.

I've been shocked how well the defense has played this year. I thought with Urlacher in decline they'd be worse this season and the offense would have to score more. The offense as a whole has some outstanding pieces but like they always do, Chicago failed to address the offensive line in the off season.

[quote name='Javery']Oh man... 12-15 years of RG3 twice a year... ugh. That was a good win yesterday - the Redskins played pretty good and the Giants played like shit and still pulled it out. Next week is huge. Beat the Cowboys and things are looking really good at the midway point.[/QUOTE]

That means no Super Bowl for you, if past years have anything to show for it :)

You need the NY media calling for Coughlin's head by now in order to have a chance, haha.

[quote name='tgk2044']That means no Super Bowl for you, if past years have anything to show for it :)

You need the NY media calling for Coughlin's head by now in order to have a chance, haha.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely hate that the Giants are #2 in the ESPN Power Rankings this week. Put us at #10! At least Coughlin can tell the team "No one believes in us! - we should be #1 and everyone is disrespecting us!" The Giants always shit the bed when expectations are high and always always always play to the level of their opponent.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They sacrificed offense to the gods for an amazing defense.[/QUOTE]

I actually don't think the offense is that bad. Smokin' Jay Cutler is above average and Marshall and Forte are really good too. The O-Line needs help but most teams can claim that. They can beat most anyone because of the D if the offense can put 20 points on the board.

[quote name='Javery']I actually don't think the offense is that bad. Smokin' Jay Cutler is above average and Marshall and Forte are really good too. The O-Line needs help but most teams can claim that. They can beat most anyone because of the D if the offense can put 20 points on the board.[/QUOTE]
It doesn't matter who they have if they don't score points. They can't keep relying on the D to make up for their lack of points. This isn't Kyle Orton's rookie season where they don't have much talent on offense to help the defense out.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It doesn't matter who they have if they don't score points. They can't keep relying on the D to make up for their lack of points. This isn't Kyle Orton's rookie season where they don't have much talent on offense to help the defense out.[/QUOTE]

True and it will probably bite them in the ass at some point but I do think they are a playoff team.

Wow...Titans just got screwed by the "real refs". Reggie Wayne catches the ball, spins to go the other way, gets stood up, and has the ball stripped. However, the ref blows his whistle immediately the second Wayne starts to get pushed backward. Pretty ridiculous considering he was pushed to the ground, and it wasn't even one of those "push him back 15 yards" gang tackles. And because dumbass blew his whistle, they can't review it. fucking garbage.

EDIT - And the Colts win in OT because of it. fuck you refs!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Philip Rivers is having a hissy fit every time he throws a bad pass.[/QUOTE]

this is why I can't stand Philip Rivers. Because he always cries every time things don't go his way.

Weather games always end up this close for the Browns, but I'm glad that they pulled off the win today. Trent Richardson had a huge game now that he's much healthier today to be the rock for the offense today.

I believe the Bears' defense just needs four more Pick 6s to break the NFL record for most in one season.

Rivers throws four straight incomplete at midfield with a minute to go when one or two completions equals a field goal to win. Ugly Browns win, but I'll take it. Richardson looked fantastic.

They really need to change the challenge rules inside of two minutes. I agree that the booth should have authority to review any play inside of two minutes. But if a coach hasn't used his challenge all game, he shouldn't be powerless in the final two minutes just because the booth doesn't feel like reviewing something. The booth reviews should be in addition to the challenge that the coach already has...not a replacement.

Big game for the Cowboys coming up. As a long time Cowboys fan - I am not sure which team will show up today. We have shown that we can beat the Giants already, but these are two different teams now.

Bears pulled one out of their ass today. They looked like ass for the whole game. Thanks Steve Smith for falling down on the route allowing us to get a pick six.

LOL hopefully this all the ammo that Spanos needs to fire Norv and Smith, 6 points to a shit tier Browns team?

Props to a lot of shitty teams for playing out of their minds today, hell if Jacksonville wasn't so terribad they would have won too. Carolina also could have won as well but failed as expected. Also lol @ Andy Reids bye record getting obliterated. Fire defensive cord? give up TD each possession since lol

Heard Colts of all teams got some serious ref assist, didn't see game but that's funny just picturing that.

[quote name='Superstar']Big mistakes made early by the Cowboys. :([/QUOTE]Jesus christ, Tony Romo does know he plays for the Cowboys right? Cause he's just throwing balls right into the hands of the Giants secondary.

Seriously though, I hope the Giants secondary can keep this up. My fantasy opponent today has both Dez Bryant and Miles Austin on his team lol.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Jesus christ, Tony Romo does know he plays for the Cowboys right? Cause he's just throwing balls right into the hands of the Giants secondary.

Seriously though, I hope the Giants secondary can keep this up. My fantasy opponent today has both Dez Bryant and Miles Austin on his team lol.[/QUOTE]

Romo does throw a lot of ints this season - but so far those two weren't on him. Dez ran the wrong route - and Miles just decided to jump instead of run up to the ball and jump. Both boneheaded plays.

[quote name='4thHorseman']this is why I can't stand Philip Rivers. Because he always cries every time things don't go his way.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Can't stand when he acts like a child. I hear Newton get negative press about the way he acts yet it seems like Rivers never gets negative press for the way he acts at times.

I've been watching the Raiders game except for the commercial breaks yet it seems that every time I turn it over to the Cowboys game, the Cowboys are making some type of mistake.

Orton isnt going to make Dez run the right route - or Miles to not jump early lol. He's also not going to get a run game going.

Oh look vintage Giants letting teams back in the game. Don't know why teams don't step on the throat of teams early to not even have a chance at losing.
And I wish someone would shut up Aikman, every little thing Giants do wrong its like MOMENTUM SHIFTING!

[quote name='renique46']Oh look vintage Giants letting teams back in the game. Don't know why teams don't step on the throat of teams early to not even have a chance at losing.
And I wish someone would shut up Aikman, every little thing Giants do wrong its like MOMENTUM SHIFTING![/QUOTE]

I think when you're down 23 points and score 24 straight to take the lead, that's a momentum shift, dummy.

bread's done
Back