The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='RealDeals']I certainly agree AP is being criminally underrated this year, but remember Peyton is coming off of TWO debilitating neck surgeries where he could barely throw a few weeks before the season. He's been ridiculously good the last half of the season. I don't think the Vikes will have the record at the end of the year for A.P. to take home the MVP.

I definitely agree that right now, Watt is still the front-runnter, but I think Von is 2nd and has a chance to close in. (4 sacks, 3 FF and plenty of tackles to boot the last 2 weeks) To be honest, Watt has quieted a little since that amazing first couple games but is still having a phenomenal year.[/QUOTE]I can see where you're coming from with Manning, but he also had a lot more time to recover from those surgeries than AP did. I think you're forgetting that Peterson tore his ACL on the 2nd to last game of the season last year. He now leads the NFL with 1,128 rushing yards this season. I say if he gets anywhere close to 2K rushing yards at the end of the season, they'll give him the MVP regardless of the Vikes record. I could honestly see it going either way though

Oh don't get me wrong, Von Miller definitely has a chance. Teams have just been double-teaming J.J. almost every snap now. He managed to get a sack this Sunday and put those huge bear paws up for another deflected pass and I'm fine with that. Those tipped balls are really what sets J.J apart from everybody else and is what's eventually going to get him the DPOY award IMO. He has 11 deflect passes already and is bound to smash Reggie White's record of 13 by the end of the season.

I am really getting bored with football. I love it but I am finding that I no longer have the 3-4 hours to sit down and watch it.

Horrid day for myself and my fantasy team, Lions lost in typically Lions fashion good thing the Titans won though.

I have said this since the beginning but I do not like Matt Stafford, I think most of his stats are built around having a freak of a WR in CJ but his maniacs are brutal sometimes. They have more than enough of offense to outscore opponents even with their horrid defense.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am really getting bored with football. I love it but I am finding that I no longer have the 3-4 hours to sit down and watch it.

Horrid day for myself and my fantasy team, Lions lost in typically Lions fashion good thing the Titans won though.

I have said this since the beginning but I do not like Matt Stafford, I think most of his stats are built around having a freak of a WR in CJ but his maniacs are brutal sometimes. They have more than enough of offense to outscore opponents even with their horrid defense.[/QUOTE]

The Titans didn't play this week.

After watching that clip of Ogletree getting hit (several times, slow-mo, all that good stuff), there is clearly helmet-to-helmet contact, and that will be called 99% of the time. Now, was that a defenseless receiver? Possible, but that seems like a judgement call on the part of the Ref, which is not unlike the bogus horse collar penalty. Bang-bang plays are tough to call, just gotta deal with it.

The underlying thing here about the Cowboys is that they need to start good. They have this terrible habit of waiting nearly 3 quarters before they ever get anything going. And I am terribly tired of hearing all this Romo hate from across the country. It's a miracle what he has done this year with the awful O-line, and the loss of DeMarco Murray (hopefully he comes back on Thursday). Not to mention a secondary that keeps getting hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NFL suspended Ed Reed for a game because of his repeat violations of hitting defenseless players.

And Willis McGahee is pretty much done for the season with a torn MCL and fractured leg. Even though he won't need surgery, doctors say 6-8 weeks. McGahee himself says he'll be back in 4-6 weeks but I don't see that happening. Pretty big blow to the Broncos offense.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I can see where you're coming from with Manning, but he also had a lot more time to recover from those surgeries than AP did. I think you're forgetting that Peterson tore his ACL on the 2nd to last game of the season last year. He now leads the NFL with 1,128 rushing yards this season. I say if he gets anywhere close to 2K rushing yards at the end of the season, they'll give him the MVP regardless of the Vikes record. I could honestly see it going either way though

Oh don't get me wrong, Von Miller definitely has a chance. Teams have just been double-teaming J.J. almost every snap now. He managed to get a sack this Sunday and put those huge bear paws up for another deflected pass and I'm fine with that. Those tipped balls are really what sets J.J apart from everybody else and is what's eventually going to get him the DPOY award IMO. He has 11 deflect passes already and is bound to smash Reggie White's record of 13 by the end of the season.[/QUOTE]

The amazing thing is the combeack player of the year and MVP race are one and the same. I believe that's the first time that'll ever happen. Makes you marvel at the greatness of these guys :drool:

Von is on pace to have 21 sacks this year. I think if he gets anywhere from 18-20+, plus a couple more FF and FRs, he'll have a really solid case at the end of the year.

I remember being stunned when 'T-Sizzle' got the DPOY award last year over Jared Allen. Allen had eight more sacks than him, (A ridiculous 22, just one away from Strahan's record!) just 4 less tackles, 3 less FF but also 4 FRs to Suggs' 0, and 1 less int.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Titans didn't play this week.[/QUOTE]

I didnt say they won this week but I can see how that was confusing. I meat they won the last time they played when they beat MIA.

Some good news for my Texans, the Lions will bench Titus Young on the Thanksgiving game for "unacceptable" behavior. We all know Megatron is going to get his, but now the secondary can focus on him just that much more.

[quote name='renique46']Some blind homerism to even think that was anything illegal. that was a bang bang play as blatant as they come. shoulder initially smacked him clear in the chest. Would love some of what your smoking.

lmao would love to know where the "launch" came from. Dont know wtf people expect defenders to do in that situation, let them just catch the ball and run 5 yard before making contact?[/QUOTE]

The initial hit was clean. 22 came in and led with the helmet. Why do you think he falls to the ground immediately after knocking domes with Ogletree? He wasn't launching himself like I initially thought he was, but he had to see the other defender clearly in front of Ogletree. They knew they were going to sandwich him, and they got overaggressive with it.

To your second point, the brady rule, roughing the kicker, and interfering with the return man after they call a fair catch are all instances where the defender has to exhibit control.

The penalty wasn't called on Buster Skrine, but TJ Ward. That's the point of the discussion because TJ did nothing wrong on the play.

Casey, you might want to remove the "s" in "https" at the beginning of that video link since it's breaking the posts.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The penalty wasn't called on Buster Skrine, but TJ Ward. That's the point of the discussion because TJ did nothing wrong on the play.

Casey, you might want to remove the "s" in "https" at the beginning of that video link since it's breaking the posts.[/QUOTE]

Refs call penalties on the wrong player all the time. Hochuli couldn't even figure out what was a reviewable play.

I saw about 3 of the same exact hits in the Ravens Steelers game and they let them play but I guess I answered my own question. That was a Steelers Ravens game and the lowly Browns are not gonna get that same respect,blah whatever.

At the end of the day, it was funny trying to watch various media outlets play damage control after they looked stupid thinking Cleveland was gonna be an easy win, which is ironic since if Cleveland's Offense didn't blow chunks it would have been a blowout and an easy win for Cleveland. T Richardson couldn't do everything by himself, hardly had no help.

Don't know where people get the idea somehow the Cowboy offense was starting to rev up in the 4th when that only happened because of soft as shit coverage and Buster Skrine thinking he could somehow get away with holding 20 yards away lol

It wouldn't even surprise me if Redskins win, they would have motivation to play as hard as possible considering they would leapfrog to 2nd place with a win on Thursday. But wait supposedly the rest of the schedule is supposed to be easy for "Americas team" :roll:

Also:

NINERS with that ass whooping.
A. Smith better be careful.

Jesus christ that was a fucking insane game. So many ups and downs.

[quote name='RealDeals']Right after I get excited about Miller becoming the sack leader, Aldon Smith has FIVE AND A HALF sacks lol :cry:[/QUOTE]And my boy J.J. just hopped over Miller in sack totals as well and is just a half sack behind Aldon :D Watt also just tied Reggie White's record for most deflected passes in a season.

[quote name='DT778']I hope one of those dudes get the sack record. I hate how Favre laid down for Strahan[/QUOTE]

So did his offensive line.

[quote name='dafoomie']Cromartie Island is starting to look like Bikini Atoll.[/QUOTE]

Rex Ryan... lol

Mark Sanchez... LOL

JETS... LOLZ

vinceats2.gif

Good job Lions!!! This FG will surely win us the game.......clank.

Seriously, fuck you Lions, every time I buy in all you dude is crush my heart.

What kills me is both teams lost 2-3 yards on runs before the ensuing shank or clank. After the second missed FG I would haven't faulted Goodell if he rappelled from the top of Ford Field while declaring it a tie due to equal sucking. When Graham finally got the walk off FG (and almost blowing that one) my household was more "thank god that's over" due to the lack of clutch play.

My wife's uncle had this gem during the Lion game when her cousin and I were killing the Lions for not trying one more play before the shank.

"Well if they miss it on third down they can kick it again on fourth"

And he's a "bigtime" Giant fan. smh.

And my boy J.J. just hopped over Miller in sack totals as well and is just a half sack behind Aldon :D Watt also just tied Reggie White's record for most deflected passes in a season.[/QUOTE]

lol SHUTUP :cry: jk Even I'll admit Watt's basically running away with it now.

I know one game does not a season make, but it seem that Henne (and every other QB) is leaps and bounds better than Gabbert. Time to admit your mistake, and trade Gabbs. Maybe in 2014 we can make a solid run for Jynxed for Johnny

[quote name='RealDeals']Ray Rice converted a ridiculous 4th and TWENTY NINE to keep the Ravens alive![/QUOTE]

Holy crap the Chargers find new ways to lose every week!

[quote name='RealDeals']3 years too late :lol:[/QUOTE]

Norv was always a better offensice coordinator than head coach. Who keeps on giving him HC jobs? Oh yeah asshat general managers and owners like AJ smith and Daniel Snyder

Coughlin probably just cost me my fantasy season by refusing to kick a FG up 28 points. I literally needed 2 more points from Tynes in order to win my matchup and keep my playoff hopes alive. Ah, football. :roll:

[quote name='bvharris']Coughlin probably just cost me my fantasy season by refusing to kick a FG up 28 points. I literally needed 2 more points from Tynes in order to win my matchup and keep my playoff hopes alive. Ah, football. :roll:[/QUOTE]

You too, huh? I love my team, but damn, did they screw me. Ah well...

[quote name='Ervgotti85']True on both accounts this season looked so promising. Oh well I wonder who will replace Reid.[/QUOTE]

They are looking at college coaches.

[quote name='renique46']Annnd just like that, Iggles just leapfrogged Cowboys for the most trainwrecked team in the division[/QUOTE]

There was no leapfrogging. The Eagles were the worst team in the division before and after last night's game... their secondary is horrible. Asomugha was a terrible FA signing.

[quote name='Jason Babin']Anytime your cell phone rings and it says Andy Reid, you know it's not good.[/QUOTE]

I LOL'ed. Andy should call himself if the pink slip gets drawn up should the season continue to go down the wrapper.

Kaepernick is now officially the Niners starting QB. Anybody looking to acquire a checkdown former starter, make inquiries to San Francisco and ask for Alex Smith. If Kaepernick ends up being legit and the permanent #1, I can't imagine Smith wanting to stick around as a backup.

I was listening to Mike and Mike the other morning and I forgot to share this fun fact. The last game the Eagles won, the Phillies were still playing baseball lol.

bread's done
Back