The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='bvharris']They cost the Patriots the game as well by calling back the game winning TD on a phantom hold. But the Pats never should have been in that situation in the first place, so they have only themselves to blame.[/QUOTE]

That holding call was bull.

The Rams win a game! The Rams win a game! The Rams win their first home opener since 2006 and they're half way to having as many wins as last season! :whee:

TateDecleatsLee.gif

rotf owned

^ You edited your post before I replied.

Why would you fine or suspend someone on a completely legal BLOCK. Blame the Cowboy's player for not keeping his head on a swivel.

But like you mentioned I'd like to see another angle to know if the Seattle player made contact with his shouldar pads or helmet first. Prior to the NFL getting soft that would have been a TEXTBOOK block.

Damn, I'm no fan of any Cowboy but damn that's just way too brutal to make an excuse for. Not even Randy Moss deserves a hit like that... Well... yeah, not he doesn't deserve it... I think...

[quote name='GBAstar']^ You edited your post before I replied.

Why would you fine or suspend someone on a completely legal BLOCK. Blame the Cowboy's player for not keeping his head on a swivel.

But like you mentioned I'd like to see another angle to know if the Seattle player made contact with his shouldar pads or helmet first. Prior to the NFL getting soft that would have been a TEXTBOOK block.[/QUOTE]

It's a garbage hit because he clearly leads with his helmet. You can even see him rearing up to prepare for it. He was clearly taking advantage of the fact that the replacement refs are shit for calling stuff like this...

You use to see blocks like that a lot in college and highschool on kick offs and punt returns on the other side of the field away from the play on a player who wasn't paying attention.

You don't see them as much in the NFL anymore; players typically don't like sacrficiing their bodies when they are worth millions. I really don't think it is illegal unless he made contact with the cowboy's player helmet or if they think he lead with his helmet. Looks to me though like he hit the player square in the numbers.

That dude clearly went to a blocking school taught by Warren Sapp and Hines Ward.

I'm sure there's footage somewhere of him screaming at Jason Garrett: "Put a jersey on!"

Hell yes! Vernon Davis earned me an extra 2,000 coins in Madden Ultimate Team for catching 2 TDs tonight! Crazy how they've been able to essentially add gambling to that mode this year, lol. And having the option of swapping him for Calvin Johnson made it even more intriguing. Glad I stuck with Davis. :)

Am I the only one that was annoyed of the Jets game? Penalty after penalty -_-

Anyways, glad my Niners beat detriot again =D Megatron couldn't do anything, but I felt like Stafford was relying on him too much and didn't even bother to look for other players. Lions failed trying to run against SF, they probably would've had a better chance throwing the ball and finding someone open.

^ You edited your post before I replied.Why would you fine or suspend someone on a completely legal BLOCK. Blame the Cowboy's player for not keeping his head on a swivel. But like you mentioned I'd like to see another angle to know if the Seattle player made contact with his shouldar pads or helmet first. Prior to the NFL getting soft that would have been a TEXTBOOK block.
That hit looked dirty. He launched himself into him and went helmet to helmet.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Damn, I'm no fan of any Cowboy but damn that's just way too brutal to make an excuse for. Not even Randy Moss deserves a hit like that... Well... yeah, not he doesn't deserve it... I think...

It's a garbage hit because he clearly leads with his helmet. You can even see him rearing up to prepare for it. He was clearly taking advantage of the fact that the replacement refs are shit for calling stuff like this...[/QUOTE]

He leads with his head... ummm... is your head in front of your shoulders? Would you rather he duck his head between his leg, grab his ankles and then lead with his shoulders?

He didn't spear the dude if that is what you're trying to say and there is nothing against launching yourself into a player either. The video I'm looking at shows him blocking the Cowboy's player right in the numbers. The only reason any contact might have been made to the head was that the cowboy's player was running like an idiot with his head down.

Again it wasn't a penalty replacement refs or not

[quote name='GBAstar']there is nothing against launching yourself into a player either.

Again it wasn't a penalty replacement refs or not[/QUOTE]

Yes there is, launching is illegal now.

But I do agree, this wasn't penalty worthy, just a guy not doing rule #1 of football.

I love the soundtracks from NFL films. Ended up buying a disc set of all the music. RIP Steve Sabol. You made football like 1000x more epic than it actually is.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Steve Sabol, the founder and face of NFL films, died today. Sad stuff, as I always loved watching his interviews with coaches and players.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he'll be missed. RIP.

The Autumn Wind is a pirate
Blustering in from sea
With a rollicking song he sweeps along
swaggering boisterously
His face is weather beaten
He wears a hooded sash
With his silver hat about his head
And a bristly black moustache
He growls as he storms the country
A villain big and bold
And the trees all shake and quiver and quake
As he robs them of their gold
The Autumn wind is a Raider
Pillaging just for fun
He’ll knock you ’round and upside down
And laugh when he’s conquered and won.

-Steve Sabol

[quote name='Viol8tor']I loved how Steve Young put the NFL on blast after the game too.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that he is right - the NFL doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks. We are all going to watch on Sunday no matter who is out there calling the games.

[quote name='Javery']The problem is that he is right - the NFL doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks. We are all going to watch on Sunday no matter who is out there calling the games.[/QUOTE]
Yup. I hope Dallas gets fucked over by a call because Jerry Jones has been vocal both weeks that their isn't a significant difference. Or maybe the Panthers today because their owner is a huge asshole. Then hopefully something will get done.

Nothing's going to get done until a blown call affects a team in the postseason and/or causes a riot. That's all.

I wish people would stfu already with this replacement ref nonsense.Blame Goodell for being a cheap ass and throwing these amateurs into the fire in the first place. They didn't honestly expect these fools to turn into pros overnight did they?

Players whining like the previous refs are any better. Yeah lets enjoy 7k passing yards on 60 yards bombs every other play from marquee Qbs because the refs refuse to acknowledge the obvious holding going on that's allowing these qbs to have 30 minutes in the pocket in the first place. Also find it funny that each week passes and the only players crying the loudest are the ones that lost.

Funny how teams like Baltimore have players laying blame solely on the refs that somehow made them lose and it had nothing to do with your lackluster offense when it mattered the most, Joe flacco turning into Joe Flaccid and a host of other factors, but lets just use the refs as an excuse.

Where were players concern last year when teams like Detroit were getting hosed by officiating in the playoffs, and the almost deliberate way the Nfl tried their hardest to coast NO and Green Bay past their opponents in hoping they would both meet in the NFC championship game, so fans can enjoy 10k passing yards combined with no defense and no holding being called whatsoever.

[quote name='renique46']Funny how teams like Baltimore have players laying blame solely on the refs that somehow made them lose and it had nothing to do with your lackluster offense when it mattered the most, Joe flacco turning into Joe Flaccid and a host of other factors, but lets just use the refs as an excuse.[/QUOTE]

That offensive pass interference call was absolutely horrible and definitely played a major factor in the outcome of the game.

I hate these Thursday night games.

Packers played on Thursday missed that game cause of work
Packers play on Monday and will miss that game as well.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='packerfan10']I hate these Thursday night games.

Packers played on Thursday missed that game cause of work
Packers play on Monday and will miss that game as well.

:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]

I love Thursday night games... except when the Giants are involved. I also feel the same way about Sunday night and Monday night games. They just end way too late. I love that football is on 3 nights a week now but I hate having to stay awake to watch my team. If they moved the start up by an hour it would be way better.

[quote name='Javery']I love Thursday night games... except when the Giants are involved. I also feel the same way about Sunday night and Monday night games. They just end way too late. I love that football is on 3 nights a week now but I hate having to stay awake to watch my team. If they moved the start up by an hour it would be way better.[/QUOTE]
They really need to. Not that I woulda have watched any more of the game last night than I did....

The refs still don't have control of the game. Ogletree almost tore his acl on an officials hat and Romo got crushed on a helmet to helmet hit that didn't draw a flag. Some of the other hits in the game were brutal.

All that said, cowboys were lucky to get a win considering how shitty they played.

Dayum, even as a Vikings fan I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game, let alone being ahead the whole game...

This day will get even better if KC manages to embarrass the Saints in OT.

Glad the Cowboys won, despite playing like crap offensively.

The no call for the helmet to helmet hit on Romo, and the Ogletree slipping on the hat we're stupid, though.

Also, I have no problem with trying to cause a fumble with a kneel down.

As a Chiefs fan, this game is driving me crazy. So many crazy scenarios testing out these refs, with one particularly irkin me (the McCluster injury play) that led to a Saints td.

Though to be fair, not sure if the regular refs would have done differently as I havent seen that happen before.

So I had CJ Spiller and Julio Jones in my starting lineup. THAT's GREAT. Now with FJax on my bench, I have some decisions to make. Hopefully I can clear waivers and grab some fillers...

Wow...these officials really don't want Detroit to lose. The game should have been over after Verner's INT in the end zone...but no, roughing the passer. Ok, fine. I'll give them that one. But the fumble recovery by the Titans in the 4th quarter that was ruled incomplete was garbage. Burleson had complete control and was turning to run when it got popped out. Then the ruling in OT that Stevens didn't hold onto the ball on the helmet to helmet hit was complete crap. I might be done watching football until they get the real refs back. I feel like I'm watching pro wrestling at this point.

AHAHA! fuck you replacement refs! Sorry you couldn't hand this one to the Lions.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']So I had CJ Spiller and Julio Jones in my starting lineup. THAT's GREAT. Now with FJax on my bench, I have some decisions to make. Hopefully I can clear waivers and grab some fillers...[/QUOTE]

Ive been engrossed in this Chiefs game. Did Jones get injured?

[quote name='4thHorseman']Ive been engrossed in this Chiefs game. Did Jones get injured?[/QUOTE]

He went out of the game with an apparent hand injury. But a little later, he was back on the sidelines, helmet in hand, asking to come back in. He then proceeds to get the Falcons a first down on his next catch and shortly after that gets open for a TD. The Falcons have so many weapons. SD is struggling right now. Mathews is a little off and they're not airing anything all out to Gates. Seems Rivers is just throwing to Floyd, who is not really making the most of these targets yet.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Dayum, even as a Vikings fan I didn't think they had a snowball's chance in hell of winning that game, let alone being ahead the whole game...[/QUOTE]

Strong running attack, short passes, and relentless D... the Vikings used the 49ers game plan against them!

Someone better explain to Greg Schiano that he isn't coaching a crappy team in a mediocre football conference. His victory-formation "blitz" is gonna end up getting someone on his team killed when it pisses off the wrong guy.

The refs are shitting all over themselves in this Pats-Ravens game. Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Edit: Collinsworth and Michaels are now openly criticizing the officials.

They clearly can't control these games, and things are only going to get progressively worse, as the games become more important and players continue to see how far they can go without repercussions.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']They clearly can't control these games, and things are only going to get progressively worse, as the games become more important and players continue to see how far they can go without repercussions.[/QUOTE]

The issue in this game is it's not even two-sided. They have made four or five absolutely brutal calls which have exclusively benefited the home team. You would never see the real NFL refs this blatantly influenced by the crowd.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Someone better explain to Greg Schiano that he isn't coaching a crappy team in a mediocre football conference. His victory-formation "blitz" is gonna end up getting someone on his team killed when it pisses off the wrong guy.[/QUOTE]

It's not illegal, and I am not against it, but someone is going to get hurt.

I bet more coaches copy this too.

bread's done
Back