The "no fat crippled dinosaurs allowed" OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='munch']Hey Linkin, why do you constantly change the privacy settings on your gamercard? Why don't you leave it open all the time?[/QUOTE]

#-o That's not me...that's due to the Live screwups since it "came back up".

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Speaking of overdrafts, I just got back from paying my bank $40 for a smoothie I got a couple days ago. :cool:[/QUOTE]:lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']She's never had an SLR either though...straight up beginner...I'd like to learn myself too, point and shoot camera's just don't do it.
[/QUOTE]

The thing you need to do is weigh the considerations of going DX vs FX for image sensor size (kinda like 35mm vs APS).

Boring stuff:

Do you ever see yourself or have interest in taking pictures for money?
(If yes look more closely at a body with a FX sized sensor; Serious hobbists and prosumers are happy with the DX).

FX lenses work with DX but there is increased magnification. DX lenses will only focus the image on part of the sensor of an FX camera (should you ever go truely pro) they work, and the camera recognizes them as DX lenses you just don't get to use all of the senor (and in 10mp + cameras it's not so much of a big deal).

The D5000 does unbelieveable stuff. I actually considered one, but I have several lenses from my previous gen Nikon 35mm AFs that won't work with the 5k because it lacks the drive motor for those older ones (legacy AF lenses). I am personally going to have to wait for something to replace the the D90.

The good thing about the d5000 is you will be able to start using without any of the classes, just set everything to automatic and use the presets just like a p&s. It takes fantastic video too.

I would encourage you to look at the two lens bundle or, if you can find it, the 18-200 bundle. The 18-200 lens is one that could carry over for a long time to come. The other two are fine, don't get me wrong- but they don't have that three decade build quality of some of the other lens.

I'm a Nikon guy, but don't rule out Canon because they have great bundles and make fantastic camera bodies.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The thing you need to do is weigh the considerations of going DX vs FX for image sensor size (kinda like 35mm vs APS).

Boring stuff:

Do you ever see yourself or have interest in taking pictures for money?
(If yes look more closely at a body with a FX sized sensor; Serious hobbists and prosumers are happy with the DX).

FX lenses work with DX but there is increased magnification. DX lenses will only focus the image on part of the sensor of an FX camera (should you ever go truely pro) they work, and the camera recognizes them as DX lenses you just don't get to use all of he senor (and in 10mp + cameras it's not so much of a big deal).

The D5000 does unbelieveable stuff. I actually considered one, but I have several lenses from my previous gen Nikon 35mm AFs that won't work with the 5k because it lacks the drive motor for those older ones (legacy AF lenses). I am personally going to have to wait for something to replace the the D90.

The good thing about the d5000 is you will be able to start using without any of the classes, just set everything to automatic and use the presets just like a p&s. It takes fantastic video too.

I would encourage you to look at the two lens bundle or, if you can find it, the 18-200 bundle. The 18-200 lens is one that could carry over for a long time to come. The other two are fine, don't get me wrong- but they don't have that three decade build quality of some of the other lens.

I'm a Nikon guy, but don't rule out Canon because they have great bundles and make fantastic camera bodies.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips H3llbring3r, definitely makes it an easier purchase...hopefully I'll be able to get this for her in time for her B-Day in October.

[quote name='lordwow']I've never overdrafted :cool:[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Y'all are some broke ass $$$$as.[/QUOTE]

Yep.

I don't get how people overdraft on little things like that. Seriously, if it's that big an issue, just get a credit card. Or a job.

I haven't for a while. After my main guy hit level 10, I sort of lost motivation. Also, I only had like two people in my clan, and that sort of made me stop caring.

[quote name='prmononoke']I haven't for a while. After my main guy hit level 10, I sort of lost motivation. Also, I only had like two people in my clan, and that sort of made me stop caring.[/QUOTE]

Every time I try to play it says it's down for maint. I'm done with it as well...I just remembered that I haven't played in a while, went to log in last night and it was down. I also lost motivation...I expected to see better features/moves after level 10 but I guess not...plus I've been at level 8 for weeks.

[quote name='tiredfornow']Gotta try out the demo first. Not being able to make your own deck really kills it for me. Collecting and making a deck with the shit you want was half the fun.[/QUOTE]You can't make your own decks? What the hell? :whistle2:?

[quote name='zewone']I need to wait for the jailbreak.[/QUOTE]I thought you didn't jail break anymore.

[quote name='zewone']Is that shit working yet? I'd like to try out Magic.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't for me ~30 min ago.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Everyone PM Liquid and fill up his box before Bioshocked gets a chance![/QUOTE]
D... done...!

:breathes heavily in excitement:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Everyone PM Liquid and fill up his box before Bioshocked gets a chance![/QUOTE]
Wow, that was pretty rude, LinkinPrime. I was trying to send Liquid a birthday gift. >:[

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Nah, I'm still having problems downloading the Magic demo. :|[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MajorNelson']I see that we’re seeing an issue affecting a small amount of content on Xbox LIVE Marketplace since the service came back online. In other words, you may have problems accessing some of the content. I want to let you know that the LIVE engineers are actively engaged and working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
[/QUOTE]

Same shit happens every time they do maintenance.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Same shit happens every time they do maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Everything else on Live seems fine. Just the new XBLA content seems fuct.
It took forever for the update to show on the marketplace page too... and now that it's up there, I was able to "purchase' the demo but it won't download.

[quote name='JolietJake']I'd pay for the gas if everyone wanted to go on a road trip to kill michael bay.[/QUOTE]

Shhhhh!!! Don't let LP know! He'll try to foil the plans!

Seriously, he reminds me of those jackasses with the rubber sets of nuts on their pickup trucks.

Michael Bay must be stopped.

[quote name='Rocko']So in Crackdown, you just drive around until your dossier updates with info about a new gang member?[/QUOTE]

It updates when you get close to a gang base.

:rofl:

ghostbusters-ps3-xbox.gif

[quote name='st0neface']It updates when you get close to a gang base.[/QUOTE]

This. So as you explore and look for orbs and such, you'll get updates when you hit a section that has one of the gang bosses.

it could be due to a number of things, but i recently tried the skate 2 demo on the ps3 at best buy, and it seriously looked like a ps2 game. I've seen nothing but bad examples at all the ps3 demo kiosks I've been to.

it confuses the hell out of me, because i thought the ps3 was supposed to be much more powerful than the 360.

[quote name='crystalklear64']it could be due to a number of things, but i recently tried the skate 2 demo on the ps3 at best buy, and it seriously looked like a ps2 game. I've seen nothing but bad examples at all the ps3 demo kiosks I've been to.

it confuses the hell out of me, because i thought the ps3 was supposed to be much more powerful than the 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it's so complicated to program for that no one can get good results, where as the 360 is like developing for the PC which is easy, so it's easier to get great results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back