the NOSTALGIA thread... Come in to get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about Trapper Keepers? I came across one of those lately and it brought me back...

Or Pop Rocks....

American Gladiators...

oh here it comes I am starting to remember even more useless stuff.

Hypercolor shirts??? with you r body ehat the picture changed.. until you put them in the dryer a few times...

Pocket Rockers... that small tape player that played those really small tapes like walk like an egyptian, manic monday etc...

it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"

The inspector Gadget movie didn't do the cartoon justice

How about Chucky Cheese...that place was great, I remeber having a couple of birthday parties their

Autobots were great toys along with the transformers, and I remeber that damm commercial for my little pony

[quote name='ryanbph']Autobots were great toys along with the transformers, and I remeber that damm commercial for my little pony[/quote]

Oh dont go into that what about....

My Buddy My Buddy... wherever I go he goes
my buddy.......

Or watching reading rainbow in school...

[quote name='thatstoobad']it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"[/quote]

I loved that show, I might still have tapes of the show.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='ryanbph']I remeber Inspector Gadget, he ruled...GO GO GADGET ARM

Last Starfighter was an excellent movie, it was on HBO Family a week or so ago

Baseball Stars...was an excellent baseball game, still my favorite of all time

Thundercats was a good cartoon to, and He man[/quote]

Hell yeah, someone actually knows about Inspector Gadget on here!

They really need to come out with a DVD set of that.[/quote]

Inspector Gadget was great, a DVD set would be sweet.

[quote name='ryanbph']The inspector Gadget movie didn't do the cartoon justice

How about Chucky Cheese...that place was great, I remeber having a couple of birthday parties their

Autobots were great toys along with the transformers, and I remeber that damm commercial for my little pony[/quote]

Definitely, the cartoon owned 500 times more then the movies did.

and Chuck E Cheese was the place to be. I remember the purple guy scared the hell out of me though, I hid under a machine from that guy and cried when I was like 3 or 4 until my dad told me it was just a man under a suit. Anybody heard of DZ (Discovery Zone :p)? I loved that place too... and yes, Reading Rainbow! Ahh the memories...

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='thatstoobad']it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"[/quote]

I loved that show, I might still have tapes of the show.[/quote]

O_O This just loaded for me... I used to watch that show all the time. Anybody know what it was called, cuz I could never ever remember...

How about the Stick Stickly summer blocks that he hosted? Those were great and he was pretty funny and entertaining. Though they ruin the summer TV on Nick now with random shows and this stupid Gak think they play between shows.

How about Ahhh! Real Monsters! great show, and I'd love a DVD set of this as well as Pete & Pete, Angry Beavers, Salute Your Shorts, and the many other great Nick shows of the 90s.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']How about the Stick Stickly summer blocks that he hosted? Those were great and he was pretty funny and entertaining. Though they ruin the summer TV on Nick now with random shows and this stupid Gak think they play between shows.

How about Ahhh! Real Monsters! great show, and I'd love a DVD set of this as well as Pete & Pete, Angry Beavers, Salute Your Shorts, and the many other great Nick shows of the 90s.[/quote]

Same here... Nick was where it's at in the early 90's. Too bad they pretty much suck lately.

Garbage Pail Kids
I also miss there being gum in a pack of baseball cards and the gritty texture the gun would give them
Also Inspector Gadget was quite a popular cartton in my day surely anyone over 24 has at least heard of it.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='thatstoobad']it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"[/quote]

I loved that show, I might still have tapes of the show.[/quote]

O_O This just loaded for me... I used to watch that show all the time. Anybody know what it was called, cuz I could never ever remember...[/quote]

It was simply Dinosaurs, http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-4176/Dinosaurs/ enjoy.

EDIT: Damn dcfox.

Hell yeah, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Thanks for all the links guys o_o;

Now if only someone could find some episodes of IG online (or just the intro... damn that intro was catchy), then my life would be complete...

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Hell yeah, that's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. Thanks for all the links guys o_o;

Now if only someone could find some episodes of IG online (or just the intro... damn that intro was catchy), then my life would be complete...[/quote]

http://www.retrojunk.com/media/35/

there's even a video too.

"What was that show that you oculd buy the ship/gun at the store and shoot the bad guys while the actual tv show was on...?

It came out about the same time as Teddy Rupskin or whatever"

I think it was captain power or something like that. I used to have both of the ships

She-Ra and He-Man!!

God my sister and I used to the watch the HELL out of those shows. My sister still has her Crystal Castle and action figures and I still have a few He-Man action figures myself.

Silver Spoons
*edit I was beat to it...*

Miami Vice

My Little Pony

Strawberry Shortcake...
Damn commercials for that stuff

Care Bears.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']How about the Pepsi/Coke Challenge commercials? Why did they never show anyone picking Coke in the Pepsi challenge?[/quote]

:rofl:

Think about that statement for a second and I'll get back to you.

...if you really dont get it still, it's PEPSI :shock:

Care bears... strawberry shortcake... you people... are the best ever. Man this brings me back to the time I was in the laundromat and saw the new episode of strawberry shortcake on the little TV they had, I was so happy because I thought I was gonna miss it.

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x'][quote name='CrashSpyro123']How about the Pepsi/Coke Challenge commercials? Why did they never show anyone picking Coke in the Pepsi challenge?[/quote]

:rofl:

Think about that statement for a second and I'll get back to you.

...if you really dont get it still, it's PEPSI :shock:[/quote]

I know, it was just a funny thought about the commercials. 100% votes on a Pepsi sponsored commercial for Pepsi, who'd a thunk it?

[quote name='Snake2715']What about whistler footballs or screamers or whatever they were called..[/quote]

Those were cool because it was just a nerf ball with a piece of har d plastic stuck in it so if you caught it wrong you woudl smash your finger.

Thundercats... HO
Silver Hawks
HE MAN... I Have the Power
Animated Nintendo Characters show (what was it called)
Noid fighting with a yo-yo
Dennis the Mennis
Inspector Gadget (brain the dog, what was the nieces name?)
Dinosaurs
Transformers (I have the original toys when they were made with real metal, not cheap plastic)
GI JOE (Got all my action figures in storage)
MASK (They had a cartoon and action figures/vehicles)
LEGOS when they were cheap(er)

Playing dodgeball and shambattle (dont know what you call it in california but in hawaii its called that)

Still have all my POGS hoping they come back in style so I can sell them... hehe.

As a kid, all cartoons were was a big comercial to make kids buy the toys.... and boy did it work.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Thundercats... HO
Silver Hawks
HE MAN... I Have the Power
Animated Nintendo Characters show (what was it called)
Noid fighting with a yo-yo
Dennis the Mennis
Inspector Gadget (brain the dog, what was the nieces name?)
Dinosaurs
Transformers (I have the original toys when they were made with real metal, not cheap plastic)
GI JOE (Got all my action figures in storage)
MASK (They had a cartoon and action figures/vehicles)
LEGOS when they were cheap(er)

Playing dodgeball and shambattle (dont know what you call it in california but in hawaii its called that)

Still have all my POGS hoping they come back in style so I can sell them... hehe.

As a kid, all cartoons were was a big comercial to make kids buy the toys.... and boy did it work.[/quote]

Her name was Penny.

/\ Light Brite I do remember that.

Ok for movies...

Big (w Tom Hanks)
Batteries Not Included ( small robots flying around dont remember a lot about it)

Little Pet shop of Horrors.

What about SHort Circuit?

And those aliens that loved Coke.. Mac and Me or whatever.

Dying your hair with Kool Aid

crap what about the Kool Aid Man

Parachute pants..

I didn't wade through all the pages, but this is an obscure one (actually to my surprise it was on VH1's I Love the 80's, but... :) ):

Anyone remember hypercolor t-shirts? They were usually some neon color like pink, orange, or blue, and you breathe on them to change color. I had the pink that changed to orange. I wish I kept that shirt...
Edit: Ah.. Snake2715 already mentioned them. :oops: Well they were still cool!

Light Brite rocked. I think I still have mine and my sister's and all the pegs. Even some unused sheets!

Still have a Glowworm too! :)

Rainbow Brite, anyone? 8)

Marshall Bravestarr.
The Centurions.
Sectaurs.
Air Raiders.
M.A.S.K.
Wheeled Warriors.
Visionaries.
Crystar.
Starcom.
Bionic Six.

O'Grady's Au Grautin potato chips. The greatest chip ever made.

It's hard to think of things that haven't already been brought up.

Here's some more tv shows:
Mr. Belvedere
Adventures of Pete & Pete (not really that old...but)
McGuyver?
Captian Planet (I hated the "heart" kid)
Darkwing Duck
Bonkers

BTW, I used to watch "Land of the Lost" and "Dinosaurs" all the time! I also had the "Yo, Noid!" NES game.

Anyone remember Fluppy Dogs? The made for cable tv Disney movie?

Oh yea, and the TMNT movies and tv show.

Some old computer games I loved playing were "Jones in the Fast Lane", "King's Quest IV: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow," "EcoQuest," "Wolfenstein 3D," and the original "Duke Nukem."

[quote name='thatstoobad']it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"[/quote]

Oh man I remember that show. I used to watch it a ton. What was the name of it by the way? It seem to be alluding me now.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123']How about the Stick Stickly summer blocks that he hosted? Those were great and he was pretty funny and entertaining. Though they ruin the summer TV on Nick now with random shows and this stupid Gak think they play between shows.

How about Ahhh! Real Monsters! great show, and I'd love a DVD set of this as well as Pete & Pete, Angry Beavers, Salute Your Shorts, and the many other great Nick shows of the 90s.[/quote]

Nick was awesome in the early to mid 90's. even a little in the late nineties. I loved Ahh real monsters and the whole lot. Stick Stickly was great. I hate this your time live crap or whatever it's called that's on. It makes me just skip the channel when I want sometimes to watch Spongebob.

FOr my additions to the list, does anyone remember the old G.I. JOe cartoons? Man those were awesome on Saturday morning. Or how about when Fox was actually good on Saturday with Xmen, Spiderman, The avengars/(had Captain America), Iron Man?

Also how about the James Bond cartoon (I can't remember its name).

I remember talking my mom (back around 83-84) into buying Gyruss for the 2600 on sale for 9.99 (at Video Concepts), as there was a 10 dollar rebate coupon in store on all the Parker Brothers Atari games (Gyruss was one of my favorite arcade games) - Looking for deals back then!

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Remember POGS? Crystal Pepsi was really good, dont know why they stopped making it though.[/quote]

remember Alf? he's back! in POG form!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='thatstoobad']it's not quite nostalgia, but...

dinosaurs.jpg

"not the mama!"[/quote]

Oh man I remember that show. I used to watch it a ton. What was the name of it by the way? It seem to be alluding me now.[/quote]

It's called Dinosaurs, there's a few links a page or two back.

Man, all of these memories are flooding back! Even for random stuff that I wasn't particularly fond of, but remember nonetheless. Like who here remembers Pound Puppies? They had a cartoon as well. And, get this, did you know Coleco didn't just make the Colecovision, but Cabbage Patch kids as well? Speaking of Cabbage Patch Kids, remember the Garbage Pail kids? Those were sweet (Atomic Ned, Gooey Louie, Valerie Vomit, Ali Gator, Greaser Greg, Nat Nerd, Windy Winston, Messy Tessie and Foul Phil..etc..). They were even made into a movie which I'm sure wasn't as watchable as TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE!

Somebody mentioned Silverhawks--those were rad, just like the Thundercats it had supersleek animation.

Somebody also mentioned M.A.S.K. Although I wasn't the biggest fan--and I thought that the flying Lamborghini was gay as hell (no offence, gay folks), I did really like the neon green bike that transformed into a personal copter.

A couple of people mentioned The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Now that show was classic--right up there with Parker Lewis Can't Lose (why isn't that on DVD yet?).

One person mentioned the sale on the Atari 2600 Gyrus game. That's funny because I remember a store that had a buy one/get one free sale and I just happened to buy Gyruss and Miner 2049er (which I gave to my sister for Christmas, not before opening it and playing it, though).

Here's some more for you: Fat Albert, What's Happening, Spuds McKenzie, LAZER TAG!!! The animated Hobbit movie and sequels. And I can't believe people mentioned the Transformers without mention of their ghetto counterparts the Go-bots.

Anyone remember The Inhumanoids? What about Sectaurs (I think that's how you spell it--they were insectoid people)? Blackstar--I think that was a cartoon about two halves of a sword, one owned by the hero, one owned by the bad guy, that, when joined together, granted ultimate power. This one's more recent, but Pirates of Dark Water is pretty rad.

What about the Starcade game show--where people would play arcade games to try to get the most points.

And what was the name of that show that had a barbarian man, woman, and child who galavanted about with a huge rock-creature ape-type thing, a tricerotops who shot firery rocks out of his nose, a winged dragon with laser eyes and tail, and two amorphous glowing globs.

Speakinmg of cavemen remember Captain Caveman! He rocked--literally!

If you guys love all this (mostly) 80's reminiscing, check out Freaks and Geeks if you haven't already done so. Great show!

Alright, that's enough outta me...for now...

Man, great thread. It brings back a lot of memories, even though I'm not that old. But I'll try to add a few things that haven't been mentioned yet.

TGIF (Back then that was the best thing going for Fridays)

Anybody ever see that cartoon Cowboys of Moo Mesa, one of my favorite cartoons.

Talespin
Ducktales
Looney Toons
Animaniacs

I know GI Joe was already said, but did anyone ever have the little men that you actually made, and you had to put them in the oven for a little bit for them to get made?

All That (The original ones while Keenan and Kel were still on there)
Wild and Crazy Kids
Are You Afraid of the Dark

That's all for now, but I'm sure I've still got some left in the tank......

[quote name='Slodaddy']

He
And what was the name of that show that had a barbarian man, woman, and child who galavanted about with a huge rock-creature ape-type thing, a tricerotops who shot firery rocks out of his nose, a winged dragon with laser eyes and tail, and two amorphous glowing globs.

[/quote]

I think that might be thundar the barbarian or something close to it, also I really dug pirates of dark water too I don't ever remember seeing to many different episodes though

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back