The O(rbi)TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guinavere randomly showing up here right when her name was mentioned has me wondering if there are people who read the OTT but don't post, dallowing the OTT. :whistle2:k

[quote name='shrike4242']If you decrease the video card from the 8800GTS, I'd suggest an 8600GT in its place. Still decent enough for gaming, though at a lower resolution.

If you can swing two hard drives, then you could set them up as RAID 1, which will write data to both drives at once. One drive fails, you won't lose all your data. If you use the external to do backups, then you'll be doubly protected.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I'll probably just stick with one HDD to go with my external and that should be good enough. The important stuff, my music, is backed up on my iPod, too, so unless everything dies, I'm good.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The important stuff, my music, is backed up on my iPod, too, so unless everything dies, I'm good.[/quote]

You can fit it all on your iPod? Hmmm, really wish I could fit all my shit (atleast all my digital files) on a mp3 player :cry:

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hmm, I'll probably just stick with one HDD to go with my external and that should be good enough. The important stuff, my music, is backed up on my iPod, too, so unless everything dies, I'm good.[/quote]I'm an IT guy, I'm always thinking about making sure stuff doesn't happen if something breaks. :D

If you do get a lesser video card, make sure it's a DX10 card, or you'll hate yourself later.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you decrease the video card from the 8800GTS, I'd suggest an 8600GT in its place. Still decent enough for gaming, though at a lower resolution.

If you can swing two hard drives, then you could set them up as RAID 1, which will write data to both drives at once. One drive fails, you won't lose all your data. If you use the external to do backups, then you'll be doubly protected.[/QUOTE]

I would say he would do better with a 7900 GS. Cheaper than the 8600GT and a better card. The 8600 GT doesn't bench that much better than a 7600GT.

[quote name='fart_bubble']You can fit it all on your iPod? Hmmm, really wish I could fit all my shit (atleast all my digital files) on a mp3 player :cry:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, no not all of it. I just have a fair amount on there, so losing it wouldn't be a big loss.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I would say he would do better with a 7900 GS. Cheaper than the 8600GT and a better card. The 8600 GT doesn't bench that much better than a 7600GT.[/quote]I think that a 8600GT would be OK for what he's doing, since it'll give him a DX10 card w/256MB to make Vista happy. A 7900GS was my second thought, though I think price is more of an issue than going with a better DX9 card than a lesser DX10 card. 7900GS is a better card for gaming, yes, though when we get to more with DX10 games, then it might be more of an issue and worth worrying about later.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hahaha, no not all of it. I just have a fair amount on there, so losing it wouldn't be a big loss.[/quote]

If only they would bring out ones with about 600 gigs or so and I would be set (as of this minute)

The Hot Rod came to $1071 after shipping. Not bad at all...

[quote name='fart_bubble']If only they would bring out ones with about 600 gigs or so and I would be set (as of this minute)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, you're nuts.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone have crowns on their teeth? Hurt? How long will my face be numb for?[/quote]

Damn, looks like everyone is having oral shit done lately.

hmm, never heard of this girl but I like what I hear. I really need to get into this shit rather than just tossing darts at a board. She reminds me of Emiliana Torrini from another period

Anyone? Anyone? Crowns? I'm gonna be gassed so i'm not worried about the procedure, the gas is fun. I just want to know if it's going to hurt and how long i'll be numb for.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone? Anyone? Crowns? I'm gonna be gassed so i'm not worried about the procedure, the gas is fun. I just want to know if it's going to hurt and how long i'll be numb for.[/quote]The last time they did a crown for me, they did it under local and it hurt for a couple days afterwards.

[quote name='Scorch']Anyone? Anyone? Crowns? I'm gonna be gassed so i'm not worried about the procedure, the gas is fun. I just want to know if it's going to hurt and how long i'll be numb for.[/quote]

My buddy just had one of these done... I think it takes a few days to get your teeth feelin right again... I think you also have to watch what you eat and try to keep your chewing away from your new crown.

When i got gassed yesterday, I got like mugged. The lady was sitting directly behind me and goes "Here's some oxygen" and put the mask over my face (From behind). And BAM, next thing I knew they were taking the monitors off me.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My buddy just had one of these done... I think it takes a few days to get your teeth feelin right again... I think you also have to watch what you eat and try to keep your chewing away from your new crown.[/quote]
I'm having two teeth prepped on Monday. They're doing the molds and putting in temp. crowns, they'll put real ones in.. I think they said three weeks from now? I knew about watching what I eat and keeping it away from the new crowns.. drink from a straw.. etc..

Awesome. I have the work done Monday afternoon, then I work Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

:bomb:

When i got gassed yesterday, I got like mugged. The lady was sitting directly behind me and goes "Here's some oxygen" and put the mask over my face (From behind). And BAM, next thing I knew they were taking the monitors off me.

Hell yeah. I love the gas, man. Not a fan of getting put ALL the way under, usually end up puking later on. My hernia surgery was awesome. Morphine was injected and as it went up my arm, it felt like fire, and when it hit my shoulder, I felt nothing. I remember the nurse saying "Count backwards from 100" and I laughed and said "This never works for me. 100, 99, 98.."

Blinked and the surgery was over. I told them they should get started. She laughed and said they were already finished. Couldn't stand up for two weeks (the incision was literally right at my torso). That was fun.

So according to the paper I got swelling should be the worst it'll get tomorrow. Hopefully that means the pain will die down too.

[quote name='Rocko']So according to the paper I got swelling should be the worst it'll get tomorrow. Hopefully that means the pain will die down too.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain... literally.

[quote name='lordwow']I feel your pain... literally.[/quote]

Yeah. You had wisdom teeth out, right? Or was that someone else jsut talknig about having it done before?

[quote name='Scorch']I'm having two teeth prepped on Monday. They're doing the molds and putting in temp. crowns, they'll put real ones in.. I think they said three weeks from now? I knew about watching what I eat and keeping it away from the new crowns.. drink from a straw.. etc..

[/quote]

This is what happened to my friend. He got the temp crown in the emergency, then he went back to get the real crown, but he still had one more appointment left to do something to it after the second visit... he's usually pretty unhappy after he goes... and it's all about "soft foods" and being careful how you chew.

Ya, I've been eating soft foods for 24 hours now... real pain in the ass. I've eaten mostly pudding and jello. Not really that substantive.

It's stopped hurting now that I'm on a steady stream of valium (well one every 4 hours), but when I woke up this morning I was a sore SOB.

Yesterday after the surgery I was up and running around after about 2 hours. But I felt it this morning.

[quote name='Scorch']What'd you two have done? (Rocko and LordWow).[/quote]

I had a cystal saliva gland in my lip. It's called a Mucocele.

Nothing major, but it's really tender and the incision is in such a place and swollen enough that it hurts to talk or eat. :/

I didn't get put under, though, just had local anesthetic.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']he's usually pretty unhappy after he goes...[/quote]
I don't know of anyone that leaves the dentist happily when they have to go get work done.

I had all 4 wisdoms pulled.
Good lord. I don't think I would survive that.

I didn't get put under, though, just had local anesthetic.

I'm not getting put under, I'm just getting gassed.. nitrous oxide, I think. I'll be able to sorta hear what they're doing/saying, but I won't really feel anything.

Last time I had it was when I was a fair bit younger, had to have a tooth pulled for some reason or another (I think it was a leftover baby tooth that didn't want to come out) and I remember feeling them inject my gums with something to numb the area around the tooth.. and I remember choking. When I came to, I asked what I was choking on. Turned out that I was choking on my own blood. Yay. I hate dentists. The guys/girls i'm going to now are a lot better, though. The one before seemed like it was kids straight out of med school or something.

[quote name='Eviltude']Do it, woohoo. Tear your old one down and sell the parts you can, keep the ones you can use and then start anew.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm probably gonna give my old one to my parents who could use it. The only parts I'd use are the monitor and external HDD I bought yesterday...which aren't even really "parts," per se.

I have to get a crown, too. The dentist fucked my filling up... twice.

I want to be gassed, because sitting in a chair for two hours, with people cramming their hands in my mouth, is boring.

[quote name='Scorch']
Good lord. I don't think I would survive that.[/QUOTE]

I can't complain. None were impacted, and the surgeon didn't have to cut any bone/tooth to get them out. Basically he said he could have it done in 20 minutes and I'd be ok to be back at work tomorrow (2 days). I took off through the weekend though. The only reason I got them out was because it was causing all my gums to get inflamed and that could lead to gum problems.

[quote name='Brak']I have to get a crown, too. The dentist fucked my filling up... twice.

I want to be gassed, because sitting in a chair for two hours, with people cramming their hands in my mouth, is boring.[/quote]
Yeah. That's why I am getting gassed. I also have to have a small filling done. When I say small filling, I mean.. like the tiniest of cavities right in the corner of one tooth.

I had the option to get a filling instead of a crown on one of my teeth, but I said screw it.. I figure the filling will get fucked up in a few years anyway, might as well go ahead and save the trouble of getting a crown a few years from now and just doing it now.

I can't complain. None were impacted, and the surgeon didn't have to cut any bone/tooth to get them out. Basically he said he could have it done in 20 minutes and I'd be ok to be back at work tomorrow (2 days). I took off through the weekend though. The only reason I got them out was because it was causing all my gums to get inflamed and that could lead to gum problems.

That's good. Mine are starting to bother me, but I can deal with the (small) pain for now. Looked like they were fine on my XRays. My GF had to get hers out, she was down and out for nearly a week. She was completely unconcious from all the meds for about two days. She doesn't do well with pain. I think i'll be okay. When I had surgery, it was for three hernias (they knew about two and found a third when they put the camera in my navel!). They gave me a huge bottle of pain pills.. never took one of them. Why? I don't know. I'm just stupid like that.

[quote name='Scorch']

That's good. Mine are starting to bother me, but I can deal with the (small) pain for now. Looked like they were fine on my XRays. My GF had to get hers out, she was down and out for nearly a week. She was completely unconcious from all the meds for about two days. She doesn't do well with pain. I think i'll be okay. When I had surgery, it was for three hernias (they knew about two and found a third when they put the camera in my navel!). They gave me a huge bottle of pain pills.. never took one of them. Why? I don't know. I'm just stupid like that.[/QUOTE]

I hear that. My gf was out for 2 weeks, she had an allergic reaction to the medicine, so it was pretty bad. I'm lucky in that I heal very quickly, I don't think I've ever taken a sick day at work or school. Just now am I really starting to feel the effects of taking the valium. Getting a bit light headed and tired if I get up and walk around.

[quote name='Graystone']Been watching some Tales from the Crypt dvds. Man that stuff is so good, and cheesy. Well some are.[/QUOTE]

That's what turned me off them, the couple I've seen have been cheesy lol.

[quote name='Moxio']Wisdom teeth OTT? That's no fun. :([/QUOTE]

Ya... I feel like I'm 1/2 the posts in here. But, I can't really do much else.

[quote name='lordwow']That's what turned me off them, the couple I've seen have been cheesy lol.[/QUOTE]

I picked up a couple of the boxsets because when I was younger its something my sister, and I would sneak and go watch. Figured couldn't hurt to watch them. Started watching them again, and they're awesome as they always were.

Well fuck, last suture came undone.

Doctor said it'll be alright, just have to be careful the incision doesn't pull apart.

D=

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back