The O(rbi)TT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how I have to work from 6 AM to 12 or 1 AM on Saturday.

... and then go back in at 6 AM the next day.

Is my boss a fucking idiot?

(Yep.)

[quote name='Brak']I like how I have to work from 6 AM to 12 or 1 AM on Saturday.

... and then go back in at 6 AM the next day.

Is my boss a fucking idiot?

(Yep.)[/QUOTE]

Any job in the media = no life.

Edit: If I was to buy a pre-built PC, as opposed to building one myself, which brand should I go for?

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Any job in the media = no life.[/QUOTE]
Yeah... but I'm part time, and all I do is press buttons.
[quote name='Strell']I could pull off Brak's voice if I had to, bitch.[/QUOTE]
Plug that mic in, son. Spit that mad venom.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Hey bitches: Nicholas Cage bought a house in Newport, R.I. That's right, the motherfucker we were talking about will be livin' in my damn state.
[/QUOTE]

We need to get a "Slow Childen At Play" put in front of his house.

And then get one in the same style but it says "Shitty Actor At Play."

[quote name='guinaevere']Strell, you owe me a Kirby AND a Blue Slime picture.[/QUOTE]
Why's that cat suckin' on your scalp?

[quote name='Brak']Yeah... but I'm part time, and all I do is press buttons.

Plug that mic in, son. Spit that mad venom.[/QUOTE]

But you know what I'm sayin'. Part time and you're still reamed.

[quote name='guinaevere']Strell, you owe me a Kirby AND a Blue Slime picture.[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling benevolent, I'll just put them in the OTT when I get a chance.

[quote name='shrike4242']guinavere is a CAG who been maintaining the Penny Guide thread, as well as been helpful in trying to keep things in order around here. Linkin was modded on Tuesday, I think. CheapyD and the other mods decided that they would be good additions to the mod staff. [/quote]

That's much better and explains why I haven't seen her much before. Regarding Linkin.. nah, i'll bite my tongue. :)

[quote name='lordwow']Uck, Baltimore just tied it up.

Ya, I thought StL had a good chance again this year to make it to the WS pre-season, but I and apparently the rest of the MLB fans were sadly mistaken. Even Pujols isn't his normal self, even though he was on a tear early in the season. I thought it might be Cubs/StL going down to the wire, but would have never guessed it'd be Cubs/MIL

But any team that gets whooped by the Pirates is in some serious trouble.[/quote]
Yeah, that's what we thought as well, though unless things turn around quickly, we're done for. We did lose 2 out of 3 to the Cubs this past week, but won 3 out of 4 from the Brewers, so it wasn't all bad.

We'll have to see how the NL Central finishes up. We were written off last year, so anything's possible. :D

[quote name='senorwoohoo']But you know what I'm sayin'. Part time and you're still reamed.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

When I see the "higher-ups" at my shit-hole, I shake my head in pity.

I bet my boss works 60 hours a week.

[quote name='Scorch']That's much better and explains why I haven't seen her much before. Regarding Linkin.. nah, i'll bite my tongue. :)[/quote]Glad I could help. Though, if asked about appointments, I would've recommend you, as well as LP & gwen. As well as some others. :D

[quote name='shrike4242']guinavere is a CAG who been maintaining the Penny Guide thread, as well as been helpful in trying to keep things in order around here. Linkin was modded on Tuesday, I think. CheapyD and the other mods decided that they would be good additions to the mod staff.

Does that answer your question, as best as I can answer it?[/quote]
omfg. guinavere was made a mod? what happens if a mod is on my ignore list? :muttering:
who's next? DeadOfKnight? where's kayden when we need some hostility?

Edit: nice! ignored mods stay ignored. :lol:

[quote name='Strell']We need to get a "Slow Childen At Play" put in front of his house.

And then get one in the same style but it says "Shitty Actor At Play."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']omfg. guinavere was made a mod? what happens if a mod is on my ignore list? :muttering:

Edit: nice! ignored mods stay ignored. :lol:[/quote]
Damn, I had a smartass answer to your question before you decided to edit.:lol:

But Guinavere a mod? wow.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']omfg. guinavere was made a mod? what happens if a mod is on my ignore list? :muttering:

Edit: nice! ignored mods stay ignored. :lol:[/quote]
Beat the system! :lol:

[quote name='dcfox']
But Guinavere a mod? wow.[/quote]
x2

[quote name='Mike23']Gwen is fairly level-headed.[/quote]That isn't my fault. I was dropped on my head as a child. We tried plastic surgery, but they could only do so much.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yeah, that's what we thought as well, though unless things turn around quickly, we're done for. We did lose 2 out of 3 to the Cubs this past week, but won 3 out of 4 from the Brewers, so it wasn't all bad.[/QUOTE]

Ya, I'll give you that (about last year). I thought Detroit was going to destroy them in the WS.

[quote name='Brak']What's with the gwen Internet hate machine? :lol:[/QUOTE]

They're making people mods for truly epic lulz.

Edit: nice! ignored mods stay ignored. :lol:[/quote]Uh, I doubt that would happen with the people in question. :lol:

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, I'll give you that (about last year). I thought Detroit was going to destroy them in the WS.[/quote]Yes, the WS where you can win in Game "4" with the series 4-1. :rofl:

I expected that series to go completely different, though as we saw, Detroit just didn't show up for that series.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Raidenjack for mod.[/QUOTE]

That nucca is as close to a GiR bot as I've ever seen in my life.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I expected that series to go completely different, though as we saw, Detroit just didn't show up for that series.[/QUOTE]
I have to say, I thought similarly of the 2004 series. My prediction was Red Sox in 7, but I thought it was going to be a lot closer than it was (I thought every game was going to be like game 1)

[quote name='shrike4242']
Yes, the WS where you can win in Game "4" with the series 4-1. :rofl:

I expected that series to go completely different, though as we saw, Detroit just didn't show up for that series.[/QUOTE]

Watch yourself with that Tigers trash-talking.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Watch yourself with that Tigers trash-talking.[/QUOTE]

I think everyone who watches MLB regularly was really shut up by the Tigers last year. I didn't think they'd get out of the basement, unless it was to pass KC. But, they have a superb pitching staff, and I was lucky enough to get tickets to a great Tigers-BoSox game this year.

Anyone wanna throw together some specs for me to build a PC?

I don't need a crazy graphics card or a monitor. Keep it at $1500 or less.

Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Brak']I have no idea what I am looking at.[/quote]

its the horror small press blowing up......................... once again

I feel bad for the birthday list I gave my gf. My birthday is on the 17th, and there aren't any games coming out between now and then really.

The only games I have on my wishlist are Strikers, Guitar Hero II for 360, and possibly pre-ordering Bioshock.

[quote name='fart_bubble']its the horror small press blowing up......................... once again[/QUOTE]
Looks like a bunch of white miscreants crying on MySpace. :O

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Watch yourself with that Tigers trash-talking.[/quote]Karma's a bitch, I know. ;)

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Anyone wanna throw together some specs for me to build a PC?

I don't need a crazy graphics card or a monitor. Keep it at $1500 or less.

Thanks in advance![/quote]I knew you'd cave. :D DIY PC or a pre-built one?

[quote name='shrike4242']Glad I could help. Though, if asked about appointments, I would've recommend you, as well as LP & gwen. As well as some others. :D[/quote]
The only issue I have with LinkinPrime is that all he does is copy and paste things from teamxbox, xboxyde, etc. I wouldn't mind him as a mod, but I don't see him do much besides post news stories that are on other sites.

Let me equate it to this..

With you, I would imagine two people arguing in a room. You approach, they both start talking, and you're all "shut up and quit fighting!" and backhand them both. With Linkin, it doesn't seem like he'd take charge. In the above situation, he'd walk in and go up to two people. One would be like "He stole my money!" and Linkin would be like "Oh, okay. Hey person #2, give him back his money." And Person #2 would be like "Well he called me an ass!" and Linkin would be like "Oh, well you had it coming to you, Person #1" and Person #1 would be all "But he dated my sister in high school and gave her a donkey punch!" And Linkin would say "Person #2, you shouldn't have done that" and Person #2 would've been like "She asked for it!" and then Linkin would be like "Oh, well that's okay then. Carry on!" and walk off.

But who knows, he could prove me wrong.

I want some hot wings :drool:. I don't know of anywhere around here with good ones though, and I don't think I'm down for Cal's Pizza and Wings :puke:.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']DIY, I'd like to give it a shot. Thanks, mang.[/QUOTE]
I was looking at prices the other day, just out of curiosity. Almost made me want to build one too :D.

[quote name='Brak']Looks like a bunch of white miscreants crying on MySpace. :O[/quote]

pretty much. The genre blows up atleast once a month. But the genre is always good to keep you entertained (beyond releasing some great books) as its filled with bitching and shit slinging

[quote name='Scorch']The only issue I have with LinkinPrime is that all he does is copy and paste things from teamxbox, xboxyde, etc. I wouldn't mind him as a mod, but I don't see him do much besides post news stories that are on other sites.

[story]

But who knows, he could prove me wrong.[/quote]

...:lol:

That was a very interesting situation.

[quote name='Scorch']The only issue I have with LinkinPrime is that all he does is copy and paste things from teamxbox, xboxyde, etc. I wouldn't mind him as a mod, but I don't see him do much besides post news stories that are on other sites.

With you, I would imagine two people arguing in a room. You approach, they both start talking, and you're all "shut up and quit fighting!" and backhand them both. With Linkin, it doesn't seem like he'd take charge. In the above situation, he'd walk in and go up to two people. One would be like "He stole my money!" and Linkin would be like "Oh, okay. Hey person #2, give him back his money." And Person #2 would be like "Well he called me an ass!" and Linkin would be like "Oh, well you had it coming to you, Person #1" and Person #1 would be all "But he dated my sister in high school and gave her a donkey punch!" And Linkin would say "Person #2, you shouldn't have done that" and Person #2 would've been like "She asked for it!" and then Linkin would be like "Oh, well that's okay then. Carry on!" and walk off.

But who knows, he could prove me wrong.[/quote]I've not been disappointed in what I've seen so far, though in the thick of things is where you see what the joys of moderation is.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']DIY, I'd like to give it a shot. Thanks, mang.[/quote]
Some places I'd suggest looking over, for starters:

Gaming box guide:
http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200707.ars?bub

System guides:
http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200706.ars
http://www.techreport.com/etc/2007q3/system-guide-0707/index.x?pg=1

But who knows, he could prove me wrong.[/QUOTE]

I know Linkin mainly from the Vegas Nights (I think... my memory is kinda fuzzy at the moment). He seems fine in there as far a person.

As far as how people deal with confrontation, mediation and the such... it's really tough to tell from a message board. I mean there's two things that come to mind to me, which are kind of connected:

1) In both of my jobs, I have to confront people on a daily basis usually because they're doing something wrong or even illegal. I put on a completely different face there than I do here, because to me right now, this is where I have fun, relax and goof off.

2) Which is connected to that point, is people don't want to come in as a moderator type person (that is confronting people or mediating disputes) if they're not in that position. So, basically, I think you have to give people some time in the job to see how they deal with confrontation and mediation. It's really tough to tell how they'll act when their position/level of power changes.

Just my two cents.

Which is why I said he may prove me wrong. Man.. I haven't played with/against LinkinPrime on live in a long time. I think he took me off his friends list.

I'm drawin' my own version of Brak, now that I'll be able to scan and color it, and shit. :O

[quote name='senorwoohoo']The Hot Rod looks like my type of PC. I can get it under their price, too, since I don't need that good of a video card, I have a monitor and my recently purchased HDD is more than good enough. :)[/quote]
If you decrease the video card from the 8800GTS, I'd suggest an 8600GT in its place. Still decent enough for gaming, though at a lower resolution.

If you can swing two hard drives, then you could set them up as RAID 1, which will write data to both drives at once. One drive fails, you won't lose all your data. If you use the external to do backups, then you'll be doubly protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back