The Offical CAG December 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Freemason']pic coming later with everything.

picked up

:psp: Boondock Saints: Unrated Edition - $5.45 eBay

:psp: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
:psp: Dawn of the Dead
:psp: Ghostbusters
:psp: Hackers
:psp: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
:psp: Land of the Dead
:psp: Mad Max
:psp: Robocop
:psp: Serenity
:psp: Shaun of the Dead
:psp: Sin City
:psp: Team America World Police
:psp: Tron

$48 GS buy 2 get 1 FREE[/QUOTE]

Do you actually watch UMDs or do you just collect them? I can barely find enough time to play a PSP game, let alone watch a movie on it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Do you actually watch UMDs or do you just collect them? I can barely find enough time to play a PSP game, let alone watch a movie on it.[/QUOTE]

oh yeah I watch them. I have always loved the UMD format and having smaller than DVD portable movies. I watch them in bed when my wife is watching something on the bedroom set or on the road when i travel for work. I love the PSP for that on the go gaming.

wow a umd movie watcher.

now ive seen everything(or at least i havent seen someone watching a umd on a psp since like 5 years ago).

are any umd movies worth any moola?

there are several that are harder to find and still go for decent bucks on the back market. boondock saints, Kick Ass, any special bundle releases, and more. I like that I can get them for super cheap on GS.com and gohastings during sales. eBay is a good deal for bulk purchases usually too.

here is everything released

UMD RELEASE LIST

Too lazy to get pics of everything now, but this is about two months worth of pick-ups:
Sony 60LX900
27" iMac
2 Xbox 360 Reach bundles (one from Newegg, one from Dell at $340)
2 Red Wii bundles ($185 Best Buy & $199 with $50 in Amazon credit)

Games:
GoldenEye 007 & gold controller ($10 after $50 Amazon credit from red Wii)
Tekken 6 $10
Madden 11 $20
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Xbox 360 black wireless controller for Windows $40
Xbox 360 black wireless headset $25
Star Wars TFU2 & collectors edition guide
Halo Reach Legendary guide
Gran Turismo 5 collectors edition
Super Mario All-Stars Wii
N64 Myth cart
SNES PowerPak
Retrode

Movies/TV:
Batman Begins $5
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air seasons 1-5
Toy Story 3
Eclipse
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000
Star Wars Clone Wars season 2
Harry Potter 1-6 (UK) $45
Resident Evil trilogy
Panasonic Avatar 3D kit (gonna sell the glasses on eBay)
Buffy complete series box set $70
Buffy complete series (individuals) $27
Saved by the Bell: The College Years $32

A few miscellaneous games/accessories here and there like NBA 2K3 and KotOR for the Xbox, and some SNES controllers (all sealed).

I also actually did "the unthinkable" and have started buying used games. Only for ripping purposes, though, so I don't consider them part of my "collection." Might wind up selling them on CAG. I know I could just download them for free, but I like doing it myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the ghetto with the rest of us Imz00 lol. Don't hate your bastard USED children, they need love and nurturing just like the shiny smelly good sealed one... think of them as special needs kids looking for a caring home. Congrats on being a new foster daddy!

anyone think gran turismo 5 CE will be worth anything 5 years from now?

i was gonna buy it, but i dont feel like having a CE(that doesnt even look that good, and im not even gonna open) i cant resell later.

I prefer to think of them as the neighbors' kids that are just here to mow my lawn/do other chores and be on their way.

And no. There are much better ways to invest $100 than buying GT5CE and holding on to it for 5 years.

Picked up Magna Carta 2,Xenosaga III and Demon's Soul on B2G1 gamestop sale. Was lucky enough to find a pretty good condition SMT: Devil Summoner from another gamestop store today

picture.php

[quote name='lmz00']Well, no. Video games don't really make good long-term investments.[/QUOTE]

not entirely true.

some of the games in my collection(earthbound, dragon quest 5, 2/3s of my ps1 games, almost all my GBA games) have trippled in value for what i paid for them.

i remember getting earthbound and persona 2 from EB for $10 a piece before GS took them over like 4 or 5 years ago(ah, earthbound was in a little EB baggy, lol).

earthbound is worth almost $100 now.

i think its all about what you pay for the game(flea markets!!!).

[quote name='StripesOrBars']not entirely true.

some of the games in my collection(earthbound, dragon quest 5, 2/3s of my ps1 games, almost all my GBA games) have trippled in value for what i paid for them.

i remember getting earthbound and persona 2 from EB for $10 a piece before GS took them over like 4 or 5 years ago(ah, earthbound was in a little EB baggy, lol).

earthbound is worth almost $100 now.

i think its all about what you pay for the game(flea markets!!!).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but he was responding to someone buying a GT5 CE to hold onto for 5 years. Not a wise investment considering it's MSRP and will maybe increse a little, but not for certain.

Anyways, on to pickups. Just ordered Black Ops, Mass Effect 2, and Batman AA GOTY from amazon. I'll post pics when they arrive.

[quote name='lmz00']Well, no. Video games don't really make good long-term investments.[/QUOTE]

This. :applause:

Game collecting is a hobby for me. Of course I don't want to see anything I own decrease in price but if it does no big deal. Simple little game flips are peanuts compared to what you make investing in other things like stocks or a business, etc...

There are exceptions but I would much rather make more than doubling $50-$60. But to each his own.

That said I do flip myself but that is only to have more spending money to spend on games. It also makes me able to not dip into my savings acct. :)

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']This. :applause:

Game collecting is a hobby for me. Of course I don't want to see anything I own decrease in price but if it does no big deal. Simple little game flips are peanuts compared to what you make investing in other things like stocks or a business, etc...

There are exceptions but I would much rather make more than doubling $50-$60. But to each his own.

That said I do flip myself but that is only to have more spending money to spend on games. It also makes me able to not dip into my savings acct. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed game collecting is a hobby. I hope i don't have to sell my collection later on in life but if i do. I would be sitting pretty.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i pay for my house, car, ect off game collecting.

you guys are doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

Its not that we are doing something wrong, anyone could do that too if they wanted to but the fact is that most of us don't want to do that to make a living.

I am fine working my 40 (sometimes more) hrs a week and getting paid very well in the process, having spending money, save money, pay bills, and being able to invest money. Any profit from game collecting/flipping is just extra for me to spend without dipping into savings. I did do it a lot during college but that is a different situation.

snagged

:psp: Midway Arcade Treasures - $3.97
:360:
EA Sports MMA - $15
:360: X-Men Arcade - $10

Gohastings

Decided to pull everything out (few things that is already organized and put away that I don't feel like grabbing) that I've accumulated since the pre-blackfriday sales.

Picture:

sprintphotobg40nc.jpg

Wall of text regarding prices paid:

:ps3: 320GB PS3 Move Bundle $237.99 - Amazon (was originally Warehouse Deals but shipment was delayed somewhere, and when I e-mailed them they said to just make a new order and they'd discount it)
:ds: Bronze DSi XL $103.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals (only box damage)
:wii: Donkey Kong Country Returns - $25.99 Amazon Warehouse Deals (Hard to see with camera pic, looks like it was struck on the front, artwork/sleeve has a tear in the center with more tears radiating outward)
:ps3: Gran Turismo 5 $30.99 - Amazon Warehouse Deals (Had an obliterated case, but perfect artwork)

:360: EA MMA :psp: Half-Minute Hero (not here yet) $24.56 - goHastings (they canceled a full priced game)
:360: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock :wii: Punch-Out!!! $28.34 -goHastings (yet another canceled full priced game)
:360: DA:O UE, RB3 (shipped, yet to receive):ps3: NBA 2k11 $69.29 - goHastings

:ps3: Assassin's Creed II Master Assassin's Edition $36 - eBay

:psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana Premium Edition $25.99 - Amazon
:wii: Super Mario All-Stars Limited Edition $29.99 - Amazon
:360: Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition $29.99 - Amazon
:psp: Final Fantasy II/Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony $14.83 - Amazon
:psp: Final Fantasy I/Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions - $14.97
:360::ps3: Front Mission Evolved (not shown) $29.98 - Amazon

5264997048_2f217018d8_z.jpg

the mods for my stick finally came woo looks hawt! It isnt cheap though lol
75 for the stick
10 for art
20 for plexi
20 for buttons
12 for balltop
5 for dustcover

App Store just amazes me, and tonight has been the biggest night for it in history. Over 20 huge new releases, with half of them surprises. We also have a huge sale by EA going on.

I got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for 99 cents.

Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 for 99 cents.

Got Hook Worlds for 99 cents.

I LOVE IT!

http://appshopper.com/games/ultimate-mortal-kombat-3

http://appshopper.com/games/need-for-speed-hot-pursuit

http://appshopper.com/games/battlefield-bad-company-2

http://appshopper.com/games/hook-worlds

4 games came in yesterday.
:ds:Glory of Heracles
:ds:Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter
:ds:Jake Hunter: Memories of the Past
:360:Deathsmiles LE

will post pics and prices when rest of it gets here
huge month for me

I work an 60 sometimes 80 hrs a week
check my blogs and ull see where i work
and don't get paid as much as i should but still love buying video games enough though i only get an hour to play at nite and Sundays it doesn't stop me from buying.

My backlog continues to grow bigger everyday.
Just bought Dead Rising 2 Zombrex and Assassin's Creed:BH and paid for a lowball.

When I see a great deal I just can't say no.
Its a addiction.

i have so many games, i dont play any.

i look at them and just turn around and continuing buying more.

games are too boring now, its all the same.

Im still waiting for the next game that blows me away(borderlands and COD4 are the last 2 to do it).

started izuna the unemployed ninja two days ago, never been so angry at a game in my life, was this close to smashing my brand new DSi(almost as angry as fighting that ship for the 2nd time in FF13, great boss music tho).

i know i have a spending problem but i cant help it
yesterday I played some Golden Sun:Dark Dawn cause i was sick from work.

But when I see a LE/SE for $30 ie Dead Rising 2 and Deathsmiles, i just cant say no.

I still enjoy gaming though. Loving Red Deads when I can play them. I have an ever growing DS backlog
Jake Hunter
Drawn To Life: TNC
Glory of Heracles
Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

and lots more

[quote name='ya0']
5264997048_2f217018d8_z.jpg

the mods for my stick finally came woo looks hawt! It isnt cheap though lol
75 for the stick
10 for art
20 for plexi
20 for buttons
12 for balltop
5 for dustcover[/QUOTE]

Surprised you didn't try to track down some pearl buttons for that, would have gone great with that meshball

Scored pretty big today. I think the VGA Box is worth a pretty penny. I'm also unsure of the value of the blue console and pink Sakura Wars stuff. Also one of the black/clear controllers is marked Millennium. All of this stuff was $35
IMG_2103.jpg

Also got these three bad boys from Amazon for $20 each!
IMG_2101.jpg

Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Collection - PS3, New - $32.08 at Target after tax. =)

Over 150 hours of gameplay... I love it!

Getting me an iPod Classic 160GB for Christmas. Soooo stoked. =] It's replacing my 80GB Classic I've had since January 08... I have over 21,000 songs now.. and that's only 97 gigs. =)

i know you is. good thing is i'm getting all of that now.

got a job interview for a job working for the state on monday... oh godddd i'm stoked.

With any luck you won't get it. I'm sure the people in your state would be unhappy to know they are paying you in a round-about-way.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']i know you is. good thing is i'm getting all of that now.

got a job interview for a job working for the state on monday... oh godddd i'm stoked.[/QUOTE]

good luck

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I have over 21,000 songs now.. and that's only 97 gigs. =)[/QUOTE]

Having that many is pointless, you end up having tons of full albums and in reality only a few songs on each album get any play time. I used to have at least four times what you have on my computer a few years ago I cleared it all out I got down to about 8,000 songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back